- Recover Files with LG Data Recovery Software. What if the deleted or lost contents exist only on LG phone memory or SD card? You still have a hope of fixing the mistake and getting data back from LG phone. The web is inundated with countless of programs that claim to.
- Any Data Recovery for Mac can help you recover files from a hard drive in just a few minutes, under any data loss scenario. Step 1: First, download and install Any Data Recovery for Mac on your.
- First, if we or somebody else accidentally delete the crucial files from our Mac PC. Second, when we attach an external hard drive to your Mac and format the drive. But in both the cases, we can recover the data or files we have lost. If we run a data recovery software on your Mac desktop or laptop, they can retrieve the data with ease.
- The free data recovery tool for Mac can recover deleted data from USB-C portable SSD, flash media, external hard drive, SD card, etc. The software can recover lost data from any USB drive having APFS, HFS, HFS+, ex-FAT or NTFS file system and works equally well with high-capacity storage drives. Recover Data from Formatted Partition.
Apr 21, 2020 Recover Data or Files After Reinstalling macOS: Remo Recover Mac is a user-friendly software, designed with a highly interactive Graphical User Interface (GUI) to help users recover lost files after reinstalling macOS with ease.
Jun 08, 2020 • Filed to: Solve Mac Problems • Proven solutions
There are a lot of users who recently reported that few files from their Mac desktop are missing or they’ve just got disappeared. It is quite surprising for those users who have a habit of saving their important files on the desktop.
If this sounds you, then you may probably know how much it is annoying to lose your files you need the most. In such cases, you might be looking for ways to get back your missing desktop files. The good news is that there are some effective methods that can help you to recover missing files on Mac with ease.
Here, in this article, we have mentioned several ways you can try to locate your desktop files that have disappeared somehow.
Why Desktop Files Disappeared from Mac?
When users see that all desktop files disappeared from their Mac, one question surely comes to their mind how it happens and why their Mac desktop files are missing. Well, there are a number of reasons for this situation. Here, we have covered some of them you need to know:
- It might be because you have chosen to keep your Desktop and Documents files on iCloud and that’s why your files disappear from the desktop. If this is the case, then all you need to do is to check your iCloud settings in “System Preferences”>”iCloud”>”iCloud Drive” options.
- Sometimes, files get permanently deleted or lost due to various reasons, such as virus-attack, power-failure on your Mac. In such cases, you need powerful data recovery software for Mac to recover your permanently deleted or lost files.
- Maybe you have moved some files to another location, such as Trash from your desktop on your Mac and you completely forgot about it or can’t remember where you’ve moved them. In such cases, you can try to remember or check Trash folder because maybe you have moved files to this folder.
Well, the main concern is how to locate files disappeared from Mac. Now, we are going to mention several methods that can help you to do that.
Recover Lost Files Mac
Method 1. Disable the File Sync with iCloud
Latest versions of macOS come with an iCloud feature that enables users to sync their Mac Desktop and Documents folders to iCloud Drive. The feature allows you to access your Mac desktop and documents folders across different devices, which include iOS devices, other Mac, and iCloud.com.
Thus, if you have saved desktop and documents folders in iCloud Drive, then your desktop and documents folders moved to the iCloud part of your of Finder sidebar. In this scenario, all you can do to show you missing files on Mac is to disable iCloud drive. To learn how to check iCloud drive settings to get back the lost or disappeared desktop files, follow the below steps:
- To start with, move to the Apple menu, and then, go to System Preferences.
- Now, click on iCloud and then, click on “Options” next to iCloud.
- Here, you need to uncheck the box “Desktop & Documents Folders” and finally, click on “Done” button.
While you are doing the above process, you will get a warning message saying “If you continue, items will be removed from the desktop and the documents folder on this Mac and will remain available in iCloud Drive”. So, here all you have to do is to continue with the process and open every desktop and documents folders that are displayed in iCloud Drive. To recover your missing files, you can simply drag them to the new empty desktop folder.
Method 2. Recover Missing Files on Mac in 3 Steps
If you are looking for an easy and quick way to recover your missing files on Mac, then data recovery software for Mac can help you to do that. Unlike common ways, the software is specially designed to help users to get back their files with ease.
1. Recoverit - The Best Software to Recover Word Files:
Whenever you experience a data loss situation, Recoverit Data Recovery Mac will help you to retrieve it. This data recovery software will come in handy even when you’ve never made a backup of your device. You now know how to partition Mac hard drive and unpartition it. But knowing how you can recover the lost or deleted files from the drive is also necessary.
2. How to Recover Lost Word Files on Mac:
Step 1: Select a Location
Launch the software and select the drive from where the data files are lost. If you don’t know which drive to search, tap on the “I can’t find my partition” option and hit the Start button.
Step 2: Scan the Location
Typically, the software will run an All-Around Recovery scan and search for the lost and deleted files on the entire drive.
Step 3: Preview and Recover
When the scan completes, the files will be listed on the screen. The software will sort out the files according to format to make the search easier. You can select multiple files at a time and have a preview at them.
Method 3. Use macOS Mojave Stacks
There is no doubt that if there is any convenient place to store and place files on Mac, it is desktop. By saving files on the desktop, you can access them easily and quickly and the best thing is that you don’t have to go through various folders. But, sometimes important files present on your Mac desktop get disappeared or lost somehow.
Luckily, there is good news for users who have updated their Mac system to macOS Mojave. There is one new desktop feature added in the macOS Mojave, and it is desktop stacks. With the help of this new feature, you can easily locate your missing files on Mac. Before you learn how to locate files on Mac using macOS Mojave stacks, you need to first understand what exactly stacks feature is?
What is Stacks?
Well, they are virtual folders that can help you to manage and corral your files on Mac. You might don’t know that they have been included in macOS Dock for many years, but they are now quite helpful for users who are looking for ways to locate missing or lost desktop files.
The main concept here is “virtual folders”. They are not actual directories in the file system of your Mac. All of your Mac files remain in their original locations. However, macOS Mojave stacks collect all of these files and show them to you under one expanding folder.
Thus, if you have updated your Mac to Mojave, and files present on your desktop seem to disappear, then you don’t have to worry. They are probably hiding behind this new stacks feature. Here, we are going to show how you can use desktop stacks in macOS Mojave.
Turn on desktop stacks in Mojave:
- Go to your Mac desktop, here you need to select the “View” tab from the menu bar located at top of the screen.
- Next, you need to choose “Use Stacks” option. Or you can right-click on the desktop to get this option to enable it.
Find missing files using stacks:
Once you have enabled desktop stacks new feature, you can easily access the data of each stack and all you have to do is to click on its icon. Files it contains will be shown below and plus, other desktop files will be moved to the left for a temporary basis to make the room as required. If you click the stack once more, then it will get close and also, it will return all icons to their original locations.
Bonus Tip: How to Delete Files on Mac Desktop Safely
If you have a lot of folders and files on your Mac, then you might want to delete some files in order tofree up storage space on your system.
Here is the simple guide on how to delete files on Mac desktop:
- To start with, locate files you want to delete on your Mac.
- Select the files you want to get rid of them and drag them into the trash can located at the bottom of the screen. Or you can simply right-click on the selected files, and choose “Move to Trash” option from the list menu.
If there are some files you’ve deleted accidentally, then simply use “Command + Z” right away to undo the previous action. You also need to delete these files from Trash folder if you want to delete them permanently from your Mac.
There is no doubt that deleting or getting rid of unwanted and useless files on Mac is quite easy and straightforward. But, sometimes you end up deleting some important files while you are trying to clean your Mac system. Luckily, there are some tips you can follow to keep your data protected on Mac. Let’s give a look at all these tips and tricks:
- Back up your important files: The first and foremost tip to protect your data on Mac is to backup your important files. You may never know when you encounter a data loss situation on your Mac. If you’ve already back up your files, then you can easily recover them with ease in case if your files get lost or deleted somehow.
- Lock your Mac: When you have to step away from your Mac, don’t forget to lock your Mac to avoid unauthorized access to your important data.
- Keep passwords strong: While you are setting a password on your Mac, try to set a strong password that is hard to guess by someone else.
With the help of above-mentioned tips, you can easily protect your data and Mac too.
Hopefully, this guide helps Mac users who have reported that all my files are gone on Mac. There are good common measures to locate disappeared files on Mac. If you are unable to find your desired files even after using common methods, then Recoverit is here to help you. This data recovery tool for Mac can locate and recover lost, missing or disappearing files within a few minutes.
What's Wrong with Mac
- Recover Your Mac
- Fix Your Mac
- Delete Your Mac
- Learn Mac Hacks
One of the best ways to recover lost data on your computer, Mac or Windows is to use a data recovery tool. They make data recovery easy and many of them even recover the data regardless of how it was deleted in the first place. Data recovery programs are a dime a dozen. So many of them flock the market that it is increasingly very difficult to find the right one for your particular circumstance. This is why we have decided to list the top free data recovery software in the market for both Windows and Mac to help you to recover deleted files free. It is our hope that our detailed analysis of each one of these programs will go a long way in helping you find the right tool for you. We have included some of the most popular tools but also some new ones you may not have heard of.
Part 1: Top 5 Free Software to Recover Deleted Files for Mac
1# iSkysoft Data Recovery for Mac
It is one of the best data recovery programs in the business. Not only is it 100% safe, it is also very easy to use and gives you more options when it comes to data recovery. You can use it to recovery different types of data including document, photos, music, videos and so much more.
- It comes with a lot of features designed to make data recovery very easy and super-fast
- You can use this program to recover more than 200 types of data
- It is safe for your system because it utilizes read-only technology
2# Free Disk Drill
This is another great data recovery tool that can be used for scanning, recovery, restoring and ultimately protecting the Mac system. It can be used to recover just about any type of data from your Mac’s hard drive as well as any type of disk media including USB, Flash Drives and even Memory cards.
- It is a highly effective data recovery program
- Scanning with disk drill is fast and you can even preview the contents of the file before recovery
- The basic version is free but lacks some of the more valuable features
3# Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery
Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery is another data recovery program that can be useful when you want to recover lost data. It is useful when you want to recover deleted Mac data from an internal hard drive, external hard drive, USB flash disks, memory cards and more. It can recover data even if the partitions have been damaged, reformatted or deleted.
- It is highly effective in data recovery, even recovers data from a disk that is damaged or has been formatted
- Some customer reviews were negative. Most complaining of malfunction
4# M3 Free Mac Data Recovery
It may not be as popular as the others we have seen on this list but M3 Free Mac Data Recovery works well to recover deleted data from files that have been lost. It even allows you to preview the files before recovery and can also be used to recover data from external storage devices.
- It is safe and reliable
- Can be used to recover data from external storage devices
- Only recovers data that has been lost after the trash was emptied
- It is relatively new, with few reviews that are generally not good.
The TestDisk download will come with two programs; TestDisk and PhotoRec. The TestDisk program in particular is a very powerful data recovery program for Mac users. It is very useful in recovering lost partitions and making non-bootable disks bootable again. It is highly reliable able to recover just about any type of data that has been lost under any circumstance.
- It is very reliable and quite useful in data recovery
- You can use it to recover all types of data including photos, videos, music and documents
- It can even recover files that have been lost due to virus attacks
- When you first install the program it can be hard to figure out how to use it
- Scanning a partition may take a while
Part 2: Top 6 Free Softwares to Recover Deleted Files for Windows
The following are the top choices when you want to recover lost data on Windows.
Recuva is a free program that is useful when recovering data from just about any Windows disk. It can recover all types of data from, your hard disk and even external storage devices such as USB drives. It is almost effortless to use and has pleasing interface that makes navigation very easy. It however lacks some of the additional features you will find on more sophisticated data recovery programs for Windows.
- It is easy to use and can undelete any type of data
- It comes with a secure-delete feature
- It also has a portable version that runs from a USB stick
- Not as powerful as some of the other programs
- Marks some files as 'unrecoverable'
2# iSkysoft Data Recovery for Windows
It is another of the most powerful data recovery programs in the market. It can be used to recover all types of data regardless of the circumstances leading up to the data loss. The program comes with an easy to use and very pleasing user interface although there is also a tutorial if you get stuck. The program also enables for deep scanning just in case the normal scanning mode failed to yield the missing data.
- It is highly powerful and almost always recovers the missing data
- It can recover all types of data including photos, music, documents and videos
- It is easy to use and works very fast
Recover Lost Files On A Mac
3# Puran File Recovery
Puran File Recovery is another free file recovery program for windows that is also very useful in scanning disks and recovering the missing files from the disk/ it provides a super easy way to navigate the partitions to find the missing data. It even provides a way to preview the data before recovery, making it easy for the user to determine that they are indeed recovering the data they want.
- It can be used to search for and recover up to 50 different file types
- It is 100% free to use
- A filter allows you to select the file type you would like to download, reducing the time it takes to scan the drive for the file.
- Scanning is very slow especially when recovering data-heavy files such as videos and images
- It cannot be used to recover data from external storage devices
4# Glary Undelete
Glary Undelete is another one of the more reliable free data recovery programs for Windows users. It comes with a clean, easy to sue interface that makes it the ideal software for novices and experts. It particularly has a great way of organizing the results into folders and file types to make it easy for you to find the data you want to recover.
- It comes in a small package making it easy to download
- Allows for advanced searching by data and size
- Scanning is a bit slow
- It lacks some of the really useful features you will find on other more advanced programs
5# Wise Data Recovery
This is another free data recovery program for Windows whose major selling point is that it comes in a familiar interface (looks a little like Windows Explorer). This makes it very easy to use even if you have never used this type of data recovery program before. It is also ideal for data recovery purposes, allowing the user to recover data from both external and internal hard drives. The program also goes further by having features that can recover data from MP3 players and even cameras.
- Very quick to install
- It will show you the recoverability of a file
- Can be used to recover multiple files at once and even has a portable version
- Has an advanced search utility
- Recovered files may not remain in their original folder structure
- It can be a little bit slow and lack a deep scan feature
6# Pandora Recovery
This is a great program to help you recover NTFS formatted drives and is a free program that is very easy to use. It can be used to recover just about any type of data but will only work for computer drives and not on external storage devices. It is also not useful when you want to recover photos but has a unique feature that will help you recover individual emails.
- It can quickly locate and recover deleted files of all types
- A built in preview feature allows you to see the files before recovery
- It can only recover files from NTFS formatted disks which means it will not help if you want to recover data from USB drives and memory cards
- The program has been known to hang a few times during operation and is also a little slow when scanning