|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
macOS (USA only)
QuickBooks is an accounting software package developed and marketed by Intuit. QuickBooks products are geared mainly toward small and medium-sized businesses and offer on-premises accounting applications as well as cloud-based versions that accept business payments, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions.
Intuit was founded in 1983 by Scott Cook and Tom Proulx in Mountain View, California, USA. After the success of Quicken for individual financial management, the company developed similar services for small business owners.
The initial Quicken software did not function as a 'double-entry' accounting package. The initial release of QuickBooks was the DOS version that was based on the Quicken codebase. The Windows and Mac versions shared a different codebase that was based on In-House Accountant, which Intuit had acquired. The software was popular among small business owners who had no formal accounting training. As such, the software soon claimed up to 85 percent of the small business accounting software market. It continues to command the vast majority of this market. Professional accountants, however, were not satisfied with early versions of the system, citing poor security controls, such as no audit trail, as well as non-conformity with traditional accounting standards.
Intuit sought to bridge the gap with these accounting professionals, eventually providing full audit trail capabilities, double-entry accounting functions and increased functions. By 2000, Intuit had developed Basic and Pro versions of the software and, in 2003, started offering industry-specific versions, with workflow processes and reports designed for each of these business types along with terminology associated with the trades.
Options now include versions for manufacturers, wholesalers, professional service firms, contractors, non-profit entities and retailers, in addition to one specifically designed for professional accounting firms who service multiple small business clients. In May 2002 Intuit launched QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions for medium-sized businesses.
In September 2005, QuickBooks had 74% of the market in the US. A June 19, 2008 Intuit Press Release said that as of March 2008, QuickBooks' share of retail units in the business accounting category reached 94.2 percent, according to NPD Group. It also says that more than 50,000 accountants, CPAs and independent business consultants are members of the QuickBooks ProAdvisor program. By then Brad Smith was the new CEO, though former CEO Steve Bennett had nearly tripled Intuit revenue and quadrupled earnings in eight years.
On September 22, 2014, Intuit announced the release of QuickBooks 2015 with features that users have been requesting from the past versions. The release includes improved income tracker, pinned notes, improved registration process and insights on homepage.
In September 2015, Intuit released QuickBooks 2016 that contains several improvements to the existing ones and new features such as batch transaction, bill tracking, continuous feed label printer support, batch delete/void transactions etc.
In September 2016, Intuit released QuickBooks 2017 with several improvements like automated reports, smart search and improved viewing of report filters among other things.
In 2017, Intuit released QuickBooks 2018 to give its users a better experience by adding features such as mobile inventory barcode scanning, multi-monitor support, search in the chart of accountants, mobile inventory scanning etc. 
Get reviews, pricing, and demos on the best mac accounting software. Prices starting from $9/month. Compare products like QuickBooks for Mac, AccountEdge Pro, Xero, and more. Reviews on web-based, Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux systems.
- The best accounting software for Mac users is Freshbooks, a solution that streamlines invoicing and billing processes. It works nicely on mobile devices and Mac or Windows computers, covering a wide array of advanced accounting features, such as time tracking, expense monitoring, project management, and financial reporting.
- Billings Pro is not an accounting application, but you can export Billings Pro data directly into QuickBooks for Mac or MoneyWorks 6. (At present, MoneyWorks 7 is not supported, but Marketcircle.
- Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Intuit 606003 QuickBooks Small Business Accounting Mac Desktop (2019) at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
- Dec 18, 2019 When it comes to accounting software, QuickBooks is still one of the most well known packages out there. Although it now faces strong competition from other Cloud based accounting apps, it’s still one of the best accounting software solutions for Mac users. QuickBooks has been expanded in recent years too and now offers integration with its own powerful Payroll software for Mac too.
On September 17, 2018, Intuit announced the release of QuickBooks 2019 with some unique features requested by its users, including history tracker for customer invoices, ability to transfer credits between other jobs of the same customer, payroll adjustment feature, and more. 
On September 16, 2019, QuickBooks 2020 was launched with the aim to improve the reliability and experience of using the software. All the desktop versions - Pro, Premier, Accountant, and Enterprise are packed with new features like the ability to add customer PO number in email subject lines, send batch invoices to customers, automatic payment reminders, collapse and expand columns, easy QuickBooks version update etc.
Maybe it’s as simple as a link you want to copy from Chrome on your iPhone over to Safari on your iPad.Whatever the reason, using the Universal Clipboard is convenient. Here’s how to set it up and use it to copy and paste across iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Maybe you snap a screenshot of something on your Mac that you want to mark up on your iPad. Continuity requirements for the Universal ClipboardFirst, you’ll need to have devices that meet Apple’s continuity for the Universal Clipboard. Copy ilife apps from one mac to another mac.
Versions of this product are available in many different markets. Intuit's Canadian, British and Australian divisions offer versions of QuickBooks that support the unique tax calculation needs of each region, such as Canada's GST, HST or PST sales tax, VAT for the United Kingdom edition and Australia's GST sales tax. The QuickBooks UK edition also includes support for Irish and South African VAT. QuickBooks Enterprise was withdrawn from the UKI market in 2014.
QuickBooks Desktop is only available on a rental / subscription basis for users in UK and Ireland.
The Mac (macOS) version is available only in the United States.
Intuit has integrated several web-based features into QuickBooks, including remote access capabilities, remote payroll assistance and outsourcing, electronic payment functions, online banking and reconciliation, mapping features through integration with Google Maps, marketing options through Google, and improved e-mail functionality through Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express. For the 2008 version, the company has also added import from Excelspreadsheets, additional employee time tracking options, pre-authorization of electronic funds and new Help functions. In June 2007, Intuit announced that QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions would run on Linux servers, whereas previously it required a Windows server to run.
Intuit also offers a cloud service called QuickBooks Online (QBO). The user pays a monthly subscription fee rather than an upfront fee and accesses the software exclusively through a secure logon via a Web browser. Intuit provides patches, and regularly upgrades the software automatically, but also includes pop-up ads within the application for additional paid services.
As of May 2014, QuickBooks Online had the most subscribers for an online accounting platform, with 624,000 subscribers. compared to Xero, which reported 284,000 customers as of July 2014.
The cloud version is a distinct product from the desktop version of QuickBooks, and has many features that work differently than they do in desktop versions.
In 2013, Intuit announced that it had rebuilt QuickBooks Online 'from the ground up' with a platform that allows third parties to create small business applications and gives customers the ability to customize the online version of QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Online is supported on Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10, Safari 6.1, and also accessible via Chrome on Android and Safari on iOS 7. One may also access QuickBooks Online via an iPhone, a BlackBerry, and an Android web app.
In 2011, Intuit introduced a UK-specific version of QuickBooks Online to address the specific VAT and European tax system. There are also versions customized for the Canadian, Indian, and Australian markets, as well as a global version that can be customized by the user.
Quickbooks Online offers integration with other third-party software and financial services, such as banks, payroll companies, and expense management software.
QuickBooks Point of Sale
QuickBooks Point of Sale is software that replaces a retailer's cash register, tracks its inventory, sales, and customer information, and provides reports for managing its business and serving its customers. Free cad 3d software machine.
Through the Solutions Marketplace, Intuit encouraged third-party software developers to create programs that fill niche areas for specific industries and integrate with QuickBooks. Intuit partnered with Lighter Capital to create a $15 million fund for developers designing apps for Intuit Quickbooks. The Intuit Developer Network provides marketing and technical resources, including software development kits (SDKs).
Intuit's Lacerte and ProLine tax preparation software for professional accountants who prepare tax returns for a living integrates with QuickBooks in this way. Microsoft Office also integrates with QuickBooks.
As of November 2014, users of QuickBooks for OSX have reported compatibility issues with Apple's new operating system, OS X Yosemite.
- ^ abElsa Wenzel. 'QuickBooks 2008 Pro Specs'. CNET. Retrieved May 17, 2008.
- ^'USA TODAY Education - Careers TODAY'. USA Today. Retrieved October 31, 2013.
- ^'Nonprofit accounting software from QuickBooks'. Quickbooks.intuit.com. December 3, 2012. Retrieved October 31, 2013.
- ^'How To Face Off Against Microsoft'. Businessweek. September 4, 2005. Retrieved October 31, 2013.
- ^'Intuit Hits 50,000-member Milestone With QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program'. Intuit.com (Press release). June 19, 2008. Retrieved October 31, 2013.
- ^'Intuit Announces CEO Succession - Brad Smith'. Intuit.com (Press release). August 22, 2007. Retrieved October 31, 2013.
- ^Bonnie Biafore. QuickBooks 2015: The Missing Manual: The Official Intuit Guide to QuickBooks. O'Reilly. ISBN978-1491947135.
- ^'Intuit Releases QuickBooks Accountant Desktop 2016'. Accounting Today.
- ^'QuickBooks 2017 Has Arrived! Here Is What to Expect - Accountex Report'. Accountex Report. September 6, 2016. Retrieved January 19, 2018.
- ^'New and Improved Features in QuickBooks Desktop 2018'. Firm Of The Future.
- ^'Intuit Debuts QuickBooks Desktop 2019'. Accounting Today.
- ^'QuickBooks Desktop 2020: What's New'. Ace Cloud Hosting.
- ^Finis, Lauretta. 'Setting up GST in QuickBooks Online'. Intuit QuickBooks Australia. Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- ^'Intuit Press Release - Intuit's QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Embraces Linux'. Intuit.com. June 13, 2007. Retrieved October 31, 2013.
- ^'Accounting Software for Small Business - Intuit QuickBooks'. Oe.quickbooks.com. Retrieved October 31, 2013.
- ^'Intuit Launches the Completely New QuickBooks Online'. Intuit. September 23, 2013.
- ^'QuickBooks Online — Smarter Tools. Better Business'. quickbooks.intuit.com. Retrieved April 5, 2018.
- ^'QuickBooks Comes To iPhone, BlackBerry - Personal Tech - Smart Phones'. Informationweek.com. August 26, 2008. Retrieved October 31, 2013.
- ^'Calling all Android users! QuickBooks Online Blog'. Blog.quickbooksonline.com. February 5, 2010. Retrieved October 31, 2013.
- ^Howlett, Den. 'Intuit Q3 FY2016 provides important insights about SMBs and the cloud'. Diginomica. Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- ^'Lighter Capital Announces New $15 Million Fund to Help Developers Grow Apps Designed for Intuit QuickBooks Platform'. Intuit. Retrieved January 24, 2019.
- ^''Intuit community' Is an update to QuickBooks Mac 2014 Planned for Yosemite compatibility?'.
- Official website
QuickBooks for Mac is your complete financial management system. Finally, after years of insufficient accounting offerings for the Mac, Intuit has developed QuickBooks for Mac to meet all your pressing business needs.
The system is your complete solution for tracking and managing your expenses, invoices, and checks. QuickBooks for Mac will provide you with all information you need to properly manage your business. The system features an all new Customer, Vendor and Transaction centers meant to consolidate all crucial information into one screen. QuickBooks for Mac takes advantage of MobileMe technology allowing you to backup all your files to MobileMe. The system will integrate directly with your Mac OS X Address book so you will never lose a phone number, or contact information of any contact. You are also able to setup reminders in iCal so you can be reminded to print invoices or pay bills.
QuickBooks for Mac has been developed with the knowledge that most business users of Mac’s will need to communicate heavily with Windows users. As such, the system is capable of sending QuickBooks files to Windows users. These files can be read by any version of QuickBooks, allowing you to communicate your financial data with whomever you choose.
QuickBooks helps you keep track of expenses, so you can easily see the money you’re spending in each category. Plus, QuickBooks helps you fill out your sales tax form in minutes and make sure your sales tax balance is accurate and up-to-date.
The system will also allow you to easily create and print checks. By using a batch processing method you can print all of your checks at once, and have them tracked for ultimate control of your money.
QuickBooks will help ensure that all of your financial obligations are met on time. To ensure that you don’t incur costly late fees, QuickBooks has a reminder feature that will allow you to record bills as they come and set a reminder to pay them before they are due.
QuickBooks for Mac will create a central storage point for all your data, containing all customer contact and transactional data. This allows you to easily track and follow up on past-due accounts and answer all customer requests more efficiently.
QuickBooks for Mac allows you to easily create invoices and track receivables. Using the data that has already been entered in QuickBooks (i.e. customer contact info & products/services) to create invoices in a snap. Invoices can be created from over 100 pre-designed templates; you can even customize invoices to show your company logo and tag line.
The general ledger will allow you to stay on top of your business. It will provide you with a consolidated view of who owes you money, who you owe money to, important reminders, and income/expense performance.
QuickBooks for Mac uses the transactional history established in the general ledger to provide you with over 100+ pre-designed reports. Each report is adjustable, allowing you to gain useful insight into your business. Within each report you can click on any number to see the details behind it. Any report in the system can be exported to Microsoft Excel.
Quickbooks On Mac Computer
QuickBooks for Mac gives you the ability to easily track your inventory. This will allow you to avoid overbuying and backorders. The system will allow you to setup reorder points that will automatically alert you as to when you should reorder a product.
Quickbooks Accounting Software For Macs
The payroll application will allow you to easily manage your staff. The system will allow you to quickly process payroll with appropriate tax deductions. The software is capable of paying employees by direct deposit as well. You can have the system automatically populate and print 1099s for independent contractors. QuickBooks for Mac contains every tool you need to pay your employees, without switching to a Windows environment.
QuickBooks for Mac will quickly create purchase orders for your purchases. The only user intervention required is to simply select the appropriate vendor from a list of vendors and select an inventory item to order. Upon receiving the inventory, QuickBooks recognizes the products and matches it to the appropriate PO. Meaning when you enter inventory items, the correct corresponding PO is automatically reconciled.
Quickbooks Software For Mac
The QuickBooks for Mac Time Tracking functionality allows you to properly track your employees’ time to avoid under-billing your customers. The system will alert you when creating an invoice if there are any outstanding time or expenses for that customer. Easily bring over both item descriptions and notes to invoices, so customers can clearly see what you are billing them for.
The system allows you to track time by employee, service, and customer. This is done by using timesheets. If you are creating an invoice, QuickBooks automatically alerts you to any unbilled time and expenses.