Nowadays, everyone in the world uses advanced technology. Mac is like a digital home. Mac cleanup software saves people hours and hours of time. On average, most Mac users have over more than 64 GB of junk that slows down their Mac and prevents them from functioning smoothly.
Best Mac Cleaner Software and Optimization Utilities 2020 Stop your Mac getting bogged down with useless files and memory hogging applications. Clean your Mac with one of these best Mac cleaner apps. Shop for best mac security at Best Buy. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up.
Why are MAC cleaners of utmost importance?
- Easily make our Mac clean: Mac is like digital home. It fixes things that are broken and clean all the unwanted files and folders.
- Help our Mac runs smoothly: Mac cleaner software helps the user to free some RAM, speed up emails to help our Mac runs smoothly.
- Keep our Mac clean and healthy: Software helps us to know the real status of the hard drive, memory, battery, etc.
The software helps the Mac in:
- Uninstalling app right away
- Clearing our private information
- Fixing hung applications and CPU consumer
- Cleaning all Trash bins in a click
- Cleaning up photos
Here is some BEST MAC CLEANER SOFTWARE that we have found for you:
1. Disk Clean Pro
Disk Clean Pro is a free program that is only available for Mac. It is one of the best tools that helps us to remove all junk files from our Mac. It cleans our Mac safely and securely without risking any of our important files. This software manages, clean and analyze outdated files that make our Mac sluggish and slow over time without risking our files.
It uses four tools to remove all junks from our Mac and improve its speed performance. The four tools are:
- System Cleaning: It is the most ultimate tool which removes the unused files from our Mac and clears the space.
- Logs Cleaner: It scans our hard disk and frees up spaces within a second.
- Trash cleaner: After deleting files, they end up getting stored in Trash Bin which takes a lot of space. Trash Cleaner helps us to remove all unwanted garbage stored in Trash Bin with a simple click.
- Partial Downloads: Corrupted or incomplete downloads acquire unwanted space, Partial download delete all these in a single click.
Optimizing our system focuses on upgrading our overall efficiency of Mac. It includes deleting unwanted files and freeing up RAM to boost our system speed. It also includes :
- Duplicate Finder: We may not be aware of the duplicate files available in the storage, this duplicate finder helps us to remove that unwanted file from the disk.
- Memory Optimizer: IT helps to boost Mac performance by freeing up physical memory.
Daisy Disk is the best Mac cleaner developed by Software Ambience Corporation. It is an app that shows the scanning result in pie charts. It asks us to select a disk in for scanning. Further, this app helps us to know about the file that is occupying large space and allows us to delete it.
This tool is very famous amongst IT professionals and artists. It is very fast, and changes are upgraded in real time, making it ideal for analyzing and taking a wise decision.
3. Disk Inventory X
Disk Inventory X is another best Mac cleaner software for Mac. It scans the disk to make out its usage and show the size of files and folders in a special graphical way called “treemap” format. These are indicated in different colors.
4. CleanMyMac 3
CleanMyMac 3 is a later version of CleanMyMac app which was developed by MacPaw. It has all the features that be required for smoother functioning of Mac. Full cleaning, health monitoring, and full cleaning help us to get a smoothly running system in no time.
Cleaning our Mac is an easy pie for this software. We just need to click on “Scan” and then “Clean.” All it need be just two clicks and it removes gigabyte of junk, giving our Mac enough space.
- Cache files
- Old logs
- Photo junk
- Trash Bins
- Forgotten files
This software speeds up our Mac in no time. With Clean My Mac 3, we can easily optimize our Mac. It takes care of our drives, improves search accuracy and fixes lags which allow the user to enjoy the full power of the Mac. It also monitors our Mac’s health and checks what’s going on inside the system.
Clean My Mac 3 also informs about the problems in the Mac and helps us to fix it. This includes:
- Check battery health
- Free up RAM
- Get health alert
- Monitor CPU usage
This free Mac cleaner software is available in 3 versions. Each version adds more features for the users to analyze their disk usage. This app not only fastens our Mac but also protect the privacy.
Ccleaner can delete temporary or unwanted files left by certain programs including Google Chrome, Microsoft, Opera, etc. It can uninstall programs that execute on start-ups.
- Faster Computer- It boosts the speed with easy management.
- Reduce clutter-It cleans up our recycle bin, temporary files and folder and many more
- Safer Browsing-It completely erases our browser history and cookies.
- Full Customization –It allows full flexibility to the user. It allows the user to select what to be cleaned, including and excluding of files.
MacCleaner is developed by Koingo software Inc. The software’s Cleanup mostly focuses on Cache, Logs, Recent files, Trash, Web and more. It thoroughly scans the disk and list out the result on the various category.
- Safe Cleanup
- Custom Configuration
- Uninstalled App
- Detect Leftover
- Language Cleaner
- Find old apps
- Detect duplicate files
- Detailed over viewer
7. Omni Disk Sweeper
It is a free Mac cleaner app which is used to clear disk space and to find and deleting big files. It presents the result in a column form or list form, organized in a descending manner, according to size.
Omni Disk Sweeper is an efficient and fast way to recover lost files. When we start this software, we are presented with a list of disk attached to our Mac. We just need to double tap at one, and a new window opens with a column, listing every folder and files we can access, which is short by size.
Briefly, these help us to search the biggest culprits that take most of the valuable space. One can hit Destroy button to remove the unwanted materials.
8. Disk Doctor
Disk doctor is another app in “the best Mac cleaning software” list. It is a professional disk cleaner app at an unbeatable price. It is most often used to find and remove thousands of unwanted files from our Mac. The app safely and quickly scans our main hard drive to ensure whether is performing at its best.
Once Disk Doctor has scanned, it identifies the result in numbers. It also allows the user to recover the files within few clicks. The app identifies the result in:
- Application Cache
- Application Logs
9. Data Rescue 5
Data Rescue 5, developed by Prosoft Engineering, cleans Mac even for partially Functioning drives. It is easy to use software with a clear and smart interface and can also scan external drives to optimize them.
10. Grand Perspective
Grand Perspective is a free disk storage analyzer for Mac, which is capable of creating a comprehensive mapping. It is an open software MAC Os x used for disk space analysis.
In general, this software presents a good option for the average user. It must be a good option for those who are looking for a simple option, which can do a good job in freeing up drive space quite quickly.
Keeping our Mac in top shape can be hard over time, as various digital clutters begin to a residence on our system. We must be very thankful for the tools that are available to rectify this malady and get our Mac book back in the smoother state. These software lightweights and clears out the broken files, links and other garbage.
If you manually try to keep your Mac tidy and clean, you’ll be wasting endless hours deleting files, folders, images, and videos. Plus there are countless places where junk accumulates on a hard drive, and those places will be very difficult to find the manual way.
But luckily, there are better ways: Enter Mac cleaners!
A Mac cleaner saves you from all this tedious cleaning. And today, millions of users benefit from affordable cleaning software to save valuable time.
And did you know most Mac users can have up to 62 GB of junk on their devices? That’s definitely an alarming figure. And this might be one of the reasons why your Mac does not run at its peak.
Now, let’s check out some of the best Mac cleaner apps on the market. Starting with the best one:
Best Mac Cleaner Software in 2020: CleanMyMac X
First, let me say I loved the one-button cleaning system, which mechanically cleans selected parts of my Mac. In addition to meticulous cleaning operations, CleanMyMac X also offers valuable monitoring and maintenance features, making it easier to uninstall applications. No residue files are left behind as it takes care of plugins, widgets, and extensions!
Secondly, the Smart Cleanup function scanned my Mac in less than a minute. Now that’s pretty impressive considering I have a 500GB solid-state drive! Not only is it fast, but it easily detected heaps of junk, and swiftly got rid of all types of junk files.
Another feature I like is Large & Old Files, a scan that sorts your files into different groups. This is great since you don’t have to check every folder manually to ensure thorough cleaning.
Furthermore, you can easily eliminate several broken items, old logs, and outdated caches. And it will also get rid of all localization files for the languages you don’t need. There’s no other tool that promises a more convenient way to remove broken downloads, old software updates and device backups. And you’re probably not aware of the cache files hidden in your photo library. CleanMyMac takes care of that too! Mac users can save gigabytes without ever losing a single image.
CleanMyMac X continues to dominate the Mac cleanup software industry and enjoys a strong reputation in a competitive market. The software has a free trial for a limited time. However, a single full license is going to cost you a little under $40.
- Features both Smart Cleanup and Deep Cleaning
- Has other useful features, such as Uninstaller and Shredder
- Incredibly simple to use with an intuitive and sleek user interface
- Some alerts are a bit annoying
- The trial version is limited to 500 MBs
Best Mac Cleaner Runner Up’s
The following tools will also do a good cleaning job. However, they may not always be as efficient as CleanMyMac X. CleanMyMac X s the only tool that completely eliminates all junk, uninstalls unnecessary applications, plus deletes any unwanted files they leave behind. And in combination with its superior features and sleek interface, there’s just no other Mac cleaning apps that come close.
But let’s have a look at the alternatives. Starting with Drive Genius 5:
Runner Up #1: Drive Genius 5
Drive Genius 5 does a great job using its optimization and de-fragging tools. The software automatically scans your system to identify malware, making it easy to get rid of duplicate files and identify a lot of hardware-related problems.
Furthermore, the cleaner software repairs most kinds of folder errors and logical files to prevent future problems. Users can explore through 3 functional modules; Protect, Speed Up and Clean Up:
- The Speed Up module offers two features: Defragment and a Speed tab.
- The Clean Up module has several different tools, including Repartition which shows you all of your Mac partitions so you can delete or organize them to free up space on your Mac. However, this feature is not available on macOS High Sierra.
- The Protect module offers functional features, such as Malware Scan to inspect all your files in search of any malware. This list is updated daily. The Physical Check feature fixes all kinds of hardware issues that could lead to any damage.
Best Mac Cleaner Software 2018
Drive Genius 5 also finds duplicates and larger files that you probably don’t need. And thanks to its Clone features, the cleaner figures out your drive configuration, in case you need to copy it’s content to a new drive. Finally, there’s a handy Repair and Rebuild features to give you more control over the cleaning process.
Unfortunately, there’s no possibility of recovery.
- Drive testing and repair
- Cloning feature
- No recovery feature
- Slow malware scanning
- Not enough customization of duplicate scanning
- Too many email alerts
Drive Genius 5 is not free, and you need to make a one-time payment to use any of the three plans:
- Standard With BootWell Drive: $94
- Standard: $79
- Professional: $299 (annual fee)
Runner Up #2: iMobie MacClean
MacClean guarantees a secure, fast, and meticulous cleaning, thanks to its cutting-edge technologies and services. The cleaner features standard Mac cleaning and OS system maintenance features, but also de-clutters your Mac so you can increase your device’s efficiency. No more cleaning your Mac manually as the new Junk Cleanup feature promises in-depth cleaning by deleting all developer-oriented and unused data.
Furthermore, MacClean is a great way to shield your internet activities from prying eyes. Thanks to its quick Internet Cleanup feature, you stay protected from all kinds of online privacy threats. The cleaner removes all cookies, saved passwords, caches, and useless website data on all your browsers. Mac users can erase all traces of recently opened files, docs, apps, and web servers they have been connected with.
Finally, MacClean fixes several other issues that compromise a user’s privacy. For example, cleaning up malware so your computer is safe, and make sure there are no unwanted files and folders that can adversely affect your Mac’s performance.
Users can purchase a personal license for just about $30 and a family license for almost $40. You will also get responsive support via tickets or emails.
- The cleaner frees up gigabytes of space on your hard drive
- During my Macclean review it produced quick results
- Offers a choice of cleaning malicious or all cookies
- A few of the additional scanning tools could be improved
- Sometimes the app might fail to find some old and large files
Runner Up #3: MacBooster 7
MacBooster 7 is another beneficial Mac cleaner which leaves a good impression. The cleaning app offers plenty of useful tools to identify and fix your Mac storage issues. Every tool is specifically named so you know what to expect from each feature.
There are many software available for scanning purposes that can beinstalled to your personal computers, mobile phones, tablets, apple devices andother related devices. Mac os scanner software. AppleMac also comes with such an option of syncing yourprinter or scanner by simply downloading software related to it. Mac supportvariety of software’s depending upon the user’s needs and compatibility. Scanner is anelectronic device which has a sensor to scan the images, content, finger padsetc.
First, the Scan/Fix button is accessible at all times, and the system status is blended in with the UI. However, some beginners might find it difficult to use as there’s no backup, which means all changes are permanent. Make sure you click the “>” button which is next to each category so you can carefully review the findings.
Secondly, the tool also offers an impressive Performance Boost tool. This feature enables you to shutdown low-level services so you can speed up your Mac further. There’s also a handy toolbox that features five cool tools: Duplicates finder, memory cleaner, large files cleaner, startup optimization, and uninstaller.
Mac users can delete up to 20 different types of junk files, and remove viruses and malware to protect the device. In addition to that, this advanced mac cleaner also optimizes the hard disk to improve your Mac’s performance.
These five cleanup tools can easily remove gigabytes of junk from the computer. Cleaning up and de-cluttering your Mac is crucial for Mac users who have smaller SSD hard disks. Users can also choose between these options, according to their preferences:
- Complete Remove: This option lets you remove an entire application along with its library files and system files
- Application Reset: The reset only removes customization and settings to take the application to its initial state.
- Beneficial malware scanner
- Intuitive interface
- Handy application reset feature
- Some scary alerts
- Incomplete antivirus protection
Runner Up #4: MacCleanse
Next on my Mac cleaner review list is MacCleanse, another functional Mac storage cleaner which guarantees an efficient cleaning process. The app is engineered to dig through all the contents in your Mac to get rid of all unwanted stuff. And the best thing is that it does everything fairly quickly and easily.
With a simple and unique interface, users can easily choose from various options to identify and clean their devices. Since each tab provides a brief and easy to understand explanation, you know what you’re clicking on to start the cleaning process.
For that very reason, this advanced Mac cleaner software is one of the best for beginners who are not too familiar with cleaner tools. Thanks to its customization and in-depth scanning, you can easily delete useless language packs that are installed on your Mac. To a lot of users, this might not seem like a big deal. However, computer experts know how much disk space they can take.
Furthermore, you also have the uninstaller feature. While most users easily remove a program from Mac, there may be a bunch of random unwanted files and folders that are scattered around your computer. To make sure you remove a program completely, you can easily delete it using this app.
Users can opt from a variety of erasure types and upgrade to military-grade later. This is a great app to disable unwanted login items that usually slow down your system startup or hog background CPU usage. MacCleanse is relatively cheaper than many popular Mac cleaner apps and costs just about $20.
- The best option for Mac beginners
- Cleans your system and reclaims hard disk space
- Safely uninstall all applications
- Erases unused languages, cookies, histories as well as caches
- Easily reclaims hundreds of megabytes of storage space
- One of the most affordable Mac cleaners
- Has no feature to restore any files that are deleted by accident
Runner Up #5: DaisyDisk
DaisyDisk is popular for its intuitive and simple interface. Not only can users view large files, but they can also delete all irrelevant data through a simple process.
When you launch this Mac storage cleaner, the first screen you will see represents an overview of the disks that are attached to your device. It mechanically displays the amount of space that is left on each of your drives. And you can easily scan your drives to identify the data that you need to delete. However, you can skip this scan and scan an individual folder as well.
The tool lets you view a unique representation of all the files on your system using a daisy wheel-like image. You also get a clever color-coding, that shows exactly how much memory is consumed by each block. While this representation gives you an inclusive overview of your disk’s hierarchy, it does not narrow down the items you intend to get rid of.
When you click on any block, it opens up into another daisy wheel to provide similar information about the particular block. This feature allows you to keep clicking so you can dig deeper into your device’s content. You can easily navigate your way in or out of the screen by clicking on arrows. Users can easily find a large file to preview and delete its content, in case they don’t need it anymore.
DaisyDisk is an ideal choice for photographers, artists, and IT professionals worldwide when it comes to cleaning Mac computers. Since all displayed data is in real-time, there’s always an opportunity to see if there’s enough space to download an HD movie or install a new game.
The time needed to scan the drive usually varies on the size, but it normally takes 10 to 15 seconds to scan 100GB of data. You can enjoy a free version or buy it for just around $10.
- Beautiful interface
- Easy to use features
- Offers quick scan speed
- Very affordable
Who Should Use a Mac Cleaner?
The main reason why people get a Mac cleaner is because they want to reclaim storage space. But there are other reasons, and you may need a cleaner if:
- You’re a new Mac user and don’t know how to properly manage your device.
- You don’t want to clean your Mac manually.
- Your Mac frequently runs out of disk space.
However, a cleaner app may not help older Macs that are already running a lot slower than most modern devices. Remember that cleaning your computer will not help if it has some general performance issues.
How to Choose the Best Mac Cleaner Apps in 2020
Before we review this year’s best Mac cleaners, let’s briefly discuss the crucial factors we need to consider when choosing the best app for cleaning your Mac.
- Core functions: The basic goal of using Mac clean up tools is to free up storage space. That’s why you need to choose a one-stop solution that cleans all the unwanted and junk files from your computer without having to install third-party utilities. Downloading software that eats up memory is definitely a big no.
- Effectiveness: Effectiveness is another crucial factor. Sadly, most Mac clean up software fails to deliver what they claim. The best disk cleaner for Mac OS X should save a significant amount of disk space by deleting all junk and old iOS backups. And the software should also be able to identify duplicate photos and successfully un-install all third-party apps, for a thorough cleaning job.
- Ease of Use: You shouldn’t have to be a technical wizard to use a Mac cleaner app. Today, developers incorporate usability and intuitive features to ensure every app is easy to understand and use. There’s no need for a flashy or sleek user interface. All you need is a tool that comes with basic features and is easily accessible via navigation buttons.
- Cost: Who doesn’t want a
free Mac cleaner? But, cheap Mac cleaning software is only great if they do a great job. Let’s face it. Paid Mac cleaner apps have more to offer to make your life easier. As pricing options vary, you can choose an app that best suits your needs and fits into your budget. Let’s take the example of CleanMyMac X which costs just under $40. However, that’s a one-time fee. Other apps may charge you an additional annual fee.
- Customer Service: What if you need to ask a technical question related to your app? Luckily, most developers and companies can be easily reached. But if a developer fails to give their contact information, such as live chat, email, or phone, it’s best to find an alternative. Most paid cleaning tools guarantee a swift customer service experience so you don’t have to wait for answers.
What Is The Best Mac Cleaner in 2020?
Hard drives are vulnerable to damage if
CleanMyMac X offers a convenient one-button cleaning system, which mechanically cleans the parts that need to be optimized. And users also have the option to manually control the cleanup process.
Why CleanMyMac X is better than other cleaners:
- Features both Smart Cleanup and Deep Cleaning
- Offers other useful features, such as Uninstaller and Shredder
- Incredibly easy to use with an intuitive and sleek user interface
CleanMyMac X will also be beneficial when you’re preparing your device for sale. Thanks to this software, you can remove junk with just a click. There’s no need to worry about visiting each individual directory and getting things cleaner. So, in short, CleanMyMac will help you optimize your Mac in every manner.
Highly recommended!Get CleanMyMac Here!
Best Mac Cleaner Software
In closing, I hope my best mac cleaning software review was helpful when you’re making your choice. I also recommend that you look around our site to learn about other online software for small business owners. For example, our