The usual course of action to fix Tuxera after a major MacOS software update is to just reinstall it. So I have a copy of the '.dmg' installer of Tuxera somewhere within my directories and proceeded to run it. Go to the support page of Toshiba and download the updated Tuxera for Mac installer. Says: the tuxera ntfs for mac installer.
It's such an unpleasant experience when we connect NTFS drive to Mac and find it impossible to edit, create or delete files on the drive. That's because the NTFS write support is denied on macOS by default. The easiest way to solve this problem is using NTFS for Mac software, like Paragon NTFS for Mac and Tuxera NTFS for Mac. This passage will compare Paragon NTFS for Mac with Tuxera NTFS for Mac in order to find out the better one.
Paragon NTFS for Mac vs Tuxera NTFS for Mac
Following are the comparison between Paragon NTFS for Mac and Tuxera NTFS for Mac from 3 aspects:
1. Compatibility: Both Paragon NTFS for Mac and Tuxera NTFS for Mac are compatible with the currently latest macOS 10.15 Catalina or 10.14 Mojave.
Most Accurate Prayer times, Qiblah direction, Hijri Islamic Calendar, and many beautiful Athan (Azan, Adhan) sounds. More than 10 Million Athan Downloads Worldwide. The most popular religious software according to download.com. Athan (Azan) Basic from Islamic Finder is a free tool that helps Muslims perform daily devotions wherever they are in the world. Athan, also spelled Azan, Azaan, and Adhan, is Islam's daily call. Islamic finder azan software mac. Athan by IslamicFinder is the only Islamic app trusted by millions of Muslims for Prayer Times, Azan, Quran, Qibla, Hijri Calendar, Dua and Hajj 2020 حج. Also make Prayer History with the innovative feature of PrayerBook and get connected to the Muslim community.
2. Cost: Paragon NTFS for Mac sales for US$19.95, while Tuxera NTFS for Mac charges US$31.
3. Software stability: According to my own experience as well as the feedback from lots of users all over the world, Paragon NTFS for Mac performs more stable than Tuxera NTFS for Mac.
Form the above comparison, Paragon NTFS for Mac is relatively better than Tuxera NTFS for Mac. So if we have to choose one from the two applications, Paragon NTFS for Mac is the one. However, that doesn't mean Paragon NTFS for Mac is flawless and can be regarded as the best NTFS for Mac software.
Here are 2 defects of Paragon NTFS for Mac:
1. Paid major upgrades: For minor upgrades (like from version 14.1 to version 14.2), we needn't pay for it. But for major upgrades (like from version 14 to version 15), Paragon NTFS for Mac asks additional payment to enjoy the new features.
2. When we are using Paragon NTFS for Mac to mount our NTFS drive, the drive can't be visited by other similar software. That brings much inconvenience when we need to manage the NTFS drive with other software.
Best alternatives to Paragon NTFS for Mac
To avoid the defects of Paragon NTFS for Mac, we are here to introduce 2 of the best alternatives to Paragon NTFS for Mac: NTFS Assistant and iBoysoft Drive Manager. Both of them support macOS Mojave 10.14 and offers free upgrade.
1. NTFS Assistant - the most cost-effective NTFS for Mac software
NTFS Assistant is a professional application that specially designed to enable NTFS write access on Mac. It's not only sold at a very low price, but also very easy-to-use and stable in performance. It's fully compatible with macOS 10.14/10.13/10.12 and Mac OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7.
Tutorial to download and use NTFS Assistant:
Step 1: Download and install NTFS Assistant fromApp Store >>.
Step 2: Download and install NTFS Assistant Helper >>.
Step 3: Launch NTFS Assistant and connect NTFS drive to Mac.
2. iBoysoft Drive Manager - a handy tool to manage external drives & network drives
iBoysoft Drive Manager is a reliable Mac tool that can mount NTFS drive as regular drive with read-write mode. It also supports mounting, unmounting, reading and writing to FAT32 drives, exFAT drives, etc. on macOS 10.15/10.14/10.13/10.12 and Mac OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8.
With iBoysoft Drive Manager, we can mount and unmount network drives & external drives with ease, including external hard drive, USB flash drive, SD card, memory card, CF card and pen drive.
Instruction to mount NTFS drive on Mac with iBoysoft Drive Manager
Step 1: Download and install iBoysoft Drive Manager on Mac.
Step 2: Launch iBoysoft Drive Manager and connect NTFS drive to Mac.
Step 3: Write to NTFS drive after getting notification that the NTFS drive has been mounted successfully.
For comparison between Paragon NTFS for Mac and Tuxera NTFS for Mac, please refer toParagon NTFS for Mac vs NTFS-3G.
Tuxera Free Alternative
Still have questions?