You don’t need to be tech savvy to create a slideshow with music. Fancy transition effects will make your presentation look even better. Just add photos, tweak slides' settings, add text if needed and add a suitable audio file. Slideshow software is available on Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. 12+ Best Free Slideshow Maker Software Reviews A slideshow is a presentation of pictures in a prearranged order. It is mostly used in work presentations or school reports, but with technology getting more advanced, it has also become a way for people to creatively show their pictures of.
What is the best free slideshow maker? What is the best slideshow maker for Windows 10? What is the best slideshow maker for Mac? There are 10 best photo slideshow makers to turn your photos into a movie.
Quick Navigation :
Today, photo slideshow or video content drives marketing, and people even can make money on YouTube video. But, do you know how to make a photo slideshow with music and pictures? With photo slideshow makers, you are able to make a cool slideshow which can attract, entertain, and engage your audience.
What is the best program to make a picture slideshow? What is the best free slideshow maker?
Let’s dive in! Here are top 10 photo slideshow makers for 2019.
1. MiniTool Movie Maker
MiniTool Movie Maker, a newly released video editing tool, is the best slideshow maker for Windows 10/8/7 users.
It can help you easily and quickly create photo slideshow without watermark. MiniTool Movie Maker is a perfect fit for beginners. It comes for free on Windows PCs, along with basic features. Even newbie editors can grasp the best free photo slideshow maker to make a video with pictures and music.
Related article: 4 Easy Ways to Make Video from Pictures in 2019.
MiniTool Movie Maker offers movie templates. Each template is a pre-designed construct, with ready-made titles and effects, and a series of placeholders. If you don’t know anything about video editing, this is the quickest way to make a video. Select a template, then import your clips into those placeholders, and change these titles. After that, you can share this cool video with friends.
How to make a slideshow with music and pictures via the best slideshow maker for Windows 10?
3 Steps to Make a Photo Slideshow
Step 1. Lunch MiniTool Movie Maker, import your pictures, videos and music files via the Import Media Files button, and drag and drop these files to the storyboard.
Step 2. Now, you can use your imagination to create an outstanding photo slideshow.
- Adding transitions to connect one picture to another.
- Adding filters to change the color of pictures.
- Adding text to complete your photo slideshow.
Step 3. Export this photo slideshow and share it with your lovers.
The best free photo slideshow maker gives you an amazing opportunity to create an impressive slideshow just in 3 simple steps. You even can use this tool to create a Facebook Slideshow.
- It is a free, easy-to-use and simple video editing software.
- It offers a lot of choices of transitions.
- It allows you to easily change the brightness, contrast, and saturation of pictures and videos.
- It provides movie templates to help you easily create a cool movie.
- It can split and trim video without damaging the raw material.
- It lets you export a movie in different file formats like MP4, MOV, WMV, etc.
- It can help you create your own story without watermark.
It doesn't support screen recording now.
MiniTool Movie Maker is a free and simple video editing software for new users. Almost everyone can make a cool video without watermark as long as they use this free tool. Besides, this free video editor without watermark can change video resolution, change video format easily, etc.
Related article: The Best Free Slideshow Maker – MiniTool Movie Maker (2019).
2. Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker, a discontinued video editing software by Microsoft, offers the ability to create and edit photo slideshows as well as to publish them on OneDrive, Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube, and Flickr. More information about this free photo slideshow maker can be found in 6 Things You Need to Know About Free Windows Movie Maker (2019).
Windows Movie Maker allows you to combine your clips into digital movies with titles, transitions, background music, and effects. Its intuitive interface has a simpler version of a video editor timeline and is easy enough for even newbie editors to grasp.
You can simply see the effects, transitions, and themes automatically when you just hover the mouse cursor over the buttons. It’s a simple feature that is popular with users.
Related article: How to Use Movie Maker Step-by-step Guide for Beginners.
- It offers some transition effects.
- Voiceovers and other audio features are provided.
- Its intuitive interface has a simpler version of a video editor timeline.
- You can preview effects, transitions, and themes automatically.
- It was officially discontinued on January 10, 2017.
- It cannot change the contrast, saturation, or effects.
Windows Movie Maker might be the simplest way to combine your pictures into a photo slideshow.
Related article: 5 Ways to Combine Videos into One Easily and Quickly (100% Working).
But, you need to be careful when downloading this tool. Websites that offer free downloads of Movie Maker are not offering the real thing, and those downloads may contain malware, viruses, or hidden costs.
If you want to experience this free video slideshow maker, you can click the following button. This download is completely safe. 100% Virus-Free and Spyware-Free Guaranteed!
3. Movavi Slideshow Maker
Movavi Slideshow Maker helps you create a slideshow in Windows and Mac. It equips with the tools you need to polish photos and add enhancements to your projects.
It offers 105 transition effects, and they are classy and professional looking. It offers 165 chic photo filters although it doesn’t supply any backgrounds or themes.
Pros Print screen app on mac.
- It is Mac compatible.
- This program lets you capture screens.
This program doesn’t allow you to post projects directly to Twitter, Facebook or email.
This photo slideshow maker is a choice for users who want to create and post professional-looking videos and slideshows to their YouTube accounts.
4. Icecream Slideshow Maker
Icecream Slideshow Maker creates video slideshows out of the images. This easy-to-use photo slideshow maker lets you add multiple audio files to create a playlist per each slideshow, add text for each slide in a slideshow and preview the slideshow.
By using this video slideshow maker, you are able to resume created files from the History panel, and you can upload the slideshow to YouTube, Google Drive and Dropbox right from the program.
- It offers online support
- It allows saving projects after the video slideshow creation. All of your works will be securely stored in the program and you can get back to them whenever you want.
- The output formats are limited to 4 types which are AVI, MOV, WEBM and MP4.
- There is no “Ctrl+Z” in this software.
- The trial edition has some limitations. For instance, you are limited in adding 20 photos for 1 slideshow and an output video format of just WEBM.
Icecream Slideshow Maker is very easy to use and supports a wide range of transitions. But, if you want to make photo slideshow with unlimited photos, you need to choose the advanced edition.
5. Proshow Gold
Both professional photographers and inexperienced users can perfectly use ProShow Gold.
This photo slideshow maker offers a sizable library of professional-looking transitions, backgrounds, and effects to help professional photographers showcase images and videos in modern fashion.
This photo slideshow maker pops up the ProShow Wizard when you open it to help inexperienced users make a slideshow.
- Extensive options for creation.
- Works similar to video editing platforms.
- Certain features are not easily explained.
- No music generator.
- Lack of an official user forum.
- 15-day fully functional trial.
There are more features than you will initially use, and you should spend time learning these features.
6. PhotoStage Slideshow
PhotoStage Slideshow allows you to make vibrant slideshows from photos on Windows 10 quickly. This software offers roughly 30 transition effects, but there are no backgrounds, filters or themes. This tool not only allows you to crop and rotate your photo but also lets you adjust the contrast, hue and brightness.
- It's easy to use.
- It comes with effects and multimedia presentations.
- The free version is for non-commercial use only.
- You have to buy technical support plans to access email support.
It offers a variety of input and output options as well as editing tools for images and music.
7. CyberLink MediaShow
CyberLink MediaShow, free slideshow maker, not only can make photo slideshow but also helps you tag and categorize your images and videos. This photo slideshow maker offers 31 transition effects to help you create a cool slideshow. This tool lets you add an audio track to give your presentations an entertaining touch.
- It is a very versatile and powerful application.
- It gives you quick links, so you can share media with websites, such as YouTube, Facebook, and Flickr.
- Occasionally crashes while editing.
- CyberLink charges for phone support.
There are many features available in the free version of the video slideshow maker, and it performs all tasks with ease and at fast speed.
8. Photostory Deluxe
Photostory Deluxe helps you easily personalize your photo slideshow because of its extensive editing and creation tools. Photostory Deluxe helps you enhance your photos and videos before you publish them, making it is a perfect choice for serious photographers or GoPro users.
It covers all the basic slideshow features necessary to make beautiful projects. It has an extensive toolset featuring advanced editing tools there are not found in many competing programs.
This photo slideshow maker offers over 300 transition effects, more than 370 backgrounds and filters. Besides, there is an in-store app where you can purchase additional graphics, music and transitions. And, you can use the advanced editing tools to make your photos stand out.
This tool has so many tools, thus beginners might feel a little daunted by all of the options.
It has hundreds of transition effects and a wide variety of useful tools.
- You have to pay extra to receive technical support over the telephone.
- It is one of the most expensive slideshow programs.
Photostory Deluxe is one of the top photo slideshow maker. It makes HD-quality slideshows and has one of the most extensive photo and music editing toolsets we saw. But, it might take a while to figure out how to use everything since there are so many tools.
9. Photostory Easy
Photostory easy is a simplified version of Photostory Deluxe. This simple photo slideshow maker offers 72 transition effects and 27 backgrounds to help you customize your slideshows.
This tool allows you to adjust the hue, saturation, brightness and contrast of your images, and lets you record audio or fade music in and out.
Photostory easy includes an in-store app with a huge library of effects including fun decorations like bunny ears, sunglasses and party balloons. You can add these effects to your images to add more fun to your photo slideshow.
Besides, you can add animated titles and captions for your slides via its specific text templates.
With this photo slideshow maker, you not only can burn your projects to DVD, Blu-ray or interactive CD but also can post your projects directly to YouTube, Flickr and Facebook from the program.
- It has an easy-to-use interface.
- It’s compatible with all of the most common file types.
- It can burn to both DVDs and Blu-rays.
- Some of the support options are difficult to use.
- You cannot post your slideshows directly to Twitter.
Photostory easy is a good photo slideshow maker for new users because of its simple interface and built-in wizard. But, this tool does not come with all the extras our higher-ranked applications offer.
Last but not least, iMovie, the best slideshow maker for Mac, has been around for a long time and has always focused on one philosophy: ease of use in a clean and elegant interface.
With iMovie for iOS and macOS, you can browse your clips and create Hollywood-style trailers and stunning 4K-resolution movies. It offers you two main options: a Movie or a Trailer. You can easily create fun, Hollywood-style movie trailers from all that footage if you don’t know anything about video editing.
This best photo slideshow maker is very well optimized on modern Macs, and it works very quickly, especially on a MacBook Pro. You can import, edit and scrub through a 4K video smoothly without any problems.
- Simple interface.
- Professional-looking themes and trailers.
- Limited to two video tracks.
- Not many filters, transitions and titles.
- Interface is not customizable.
The best slideshow maker for Mac can turn your footage and photos into impressive productions although it doesn’t give you many customization options.
Now, It’s Your Turn to
Choose the best photo slideshow maker to turn your photos into a movie. If you are a new user, you are suggested to choose a simple and free photo slideshow maker like MiniTool Movie Maker.
Should you have any question, please feel free to contact us! If you have another good photo slideshow maker, please recommend us!
Photo Slideshow Maker FAQ
- Import your files into the best free slideshow maker, MiniTool Movie Maker.
- Drag and drop pictures to the timeline.
- Edit these pictures including add transitions, change the color of pictures, add text to tell your story.
- Export the slideshow.
Slideshow Software For Mac Free Download Pc
- Launch MiniTool Movie Maker.
- Import your picture files and music files into the free slideshow maker.
- Drag and drop these media files into the timeline.
- Add transitions between video clips, and add animated text to clips.
- Merger audio files, edit audio files like fade in or fade out music.
- Export the slideshow with music on your PC and share it with friends.
Slideshow Maker For Mac
Slideshow is a tool that can help us display information via using a series of still photos in a very fresh and dynamic way. There are many ways regarding how you can make a slideshow on Windows. But do you know the ways to make a slideshow on Mac? If you just need to know how to do the slideshow on your Mac, please click the button below to download the best software and check these simple tutorials after the jump.
5 easy ways to make a slideshow on Mac
LightMV is an online tool generally used during making awesome slideshows by just importing photos and typing texts. It has many kinds of well-designed themes along with perfect background music to be integrated into your slideshow.
What is a big advantage is that no skills are needed for using this tool, as you just need to finish these simple steps listed below to make a slideshow.
- Open you browser and visit LightMV or click the button below to download the LightMV on your Mac.
- Preview the themes provided on this site by clicking the “Play” icon displayed at the center of the video thumbnail. Afterwards, select the one you like by clicking “Select” button shown at the bottom of the theme.
- At this point, click the “Upload Photos” button to import the photos that are planned to be used to make the slideshow.
- When photos are finished being uploaded, click “YOUR TITLE HERE” in order to input the texts for opening and end.
- Click “Produce” button. If you don’t have time to stay in front of your computer, you may enter your email and click “OK”. After that, you can close the window. The video link will be afterwards sent to your email inbox automatically when it finishes processing the video.
Use Option Spacebar in Finder
It is luckily very easy to create a slideshow on Mac via using the Option Spacebar.
- Firstly, open the “Finder” in the dock on your Mac and select the images of your preference.
- Press both “Option and Spacebar” keys on your keyboard. Afterwards, you can see that the selected images are displayed as a slideshow in full screen mode.
- If you need to preview the previous slide, just click the left pointing arrow. To go to the next slide, you can just press the right pointing arrow. To stop playing the slides, click the two vertical bars icon. Click the four squares icon then you can see all the slides are shown in thumbnails mode on a single page.
Use Preview in Finder
The Preview tool included on Mac computers also has slideshow capability which can easily be launched from Finder.
Refer to this guide to learn how to make a slideshow on Mac:
- Open “Finder” and choose the images you need to use for making a slideshow.
- Right click on the selected images and afterwards choose “Open” from the menu for the tool to process your images.
- Once Preview opens all of your selected images, click “View” > “Slideshow” to launch the slideshow.
- The first double pointing arrow that can be pressed lets you go to the first slide and the double pointing right arrow on the other side will take you to the last slide of the slideshow. Click the two vertical bars if you need to pause the playback. To close the slideshow, you may click the cross icon.
Use Apple Photos
Apple Photos tool can also help you create a slideshow with music on Mac. Compared to the Option Spacebar and Preview methods, it provides you with more controls over theme, music, timing, transition and more.
The steps to make a slideshow with Photos are the follows:
- Import the images to Photos program and select them for your slideshow.
- Select “Create Slideshow” from “File” menu. A prompt with default name for the slideshow will pop up. If you need, you can customize the name of slideshow.
- Click “Upload Photos” button to import the photos used to make the slideshow.
- All of your slideshows that are created will be displayed in the left pane under the Projects tab. Therefore, just click “Projects” and double click the slideshow thumbnail to open it.
- Click the “Play” icon to play the slideshow. You may adjust the volume of background music by clicking “sound” icon in the floating control. Click the “Themes” button to set the theme. Afterwards, press the “Music” button and select a song that you prefer from the list presented in the library to set it as background sound for slideshow. Click “Duration” button to set for how long each slide shall be played.
iMovie is a very popular video editing program which comes along with all Mac computers. It also offers you the chance to create a polished slideshow in minutes.
The simple tutorial to make a slideshow with iMovie is the one you find below:
- Open iMovie and select to create a new movie by clicking “File” > “New Movie”. Choose the theme that can suit your project best from the various themes options.
- Click “Import Media” and open the photos folder. Here just easily press the “Command key” on keyboard and click to select each of the images that you want to add, click “Import All”. Highlight all the images, and drag them to the timeline.
- In order to change the transitions between slides, double click on them afterwards select to edit the transitions. Double click the opening and closing screens to edit the texts.
- Finally, to import a new song as background music, go to the “Import” tab and select the track and click “Import”. Click the “Play” button to play the slideshow. You can view it in full mode by clicking the “Full Screen” icon. You may save the project after editing.
These five methods presented above can call help you make a slideshow on Mac very effortlessly. Obviously, there are only limited control options for making a slideshow using the Option Spacebar and the Preview tool in Finder. Both Photos and iMovie methods give more features that can also be incorporated such as transitions, sound, etc., over slideshow. Compare to the other four tools shared here, LightMV might be the easiest and most effective application for creating professional-looking slideshow. First, it doesn’t require you to do any other complicated steps, just upload photos and input opening and end texts. Second, it offers many more beautiful and stylish themes than the ones provided by Photos or iMovie.