Have you ever been troubled by WAV files for its taking up large storage and less compatibility with devices and platforms? And wonder how to change it to MP3 format? If so, you will find the solution here. In this post, we will show you 5 methods to convert WAV to MP3 with detailed steps. Check them now.
How to Convert WAV to MP3 with VideoProc
For the Record. Our high-quality DJ mix recording app, the DJM-REC, allows you to efficiently record then easily archive your mixes via iPhone or iPad. Apr 04, 2019 Download AvrPioRemote for free. Software to control your Pioneer receiver. With this software you are able to control your Pioneer receiver from your PC. The software is developed for the year 2012 devices, but some features may work with older receivers.
Working for both Windows and Mac computers.
VideoProc would be the best WAV to MP3 converter, personally. With it, you can process multiple WAV files in one time; fast processing speed is ensured owing to its supporting level-3 hardware accelerating technology; besides, you can process other many as 420+ audio and video formats. And here is how to use it,
Step 1. Load the Audio File.
Free download and install VideoProc on your PC or Mac. Open it and click on +Music, and then load your WAV files from disk to the app.
Step 2. Convert WAV to MP3.
Click the Music tab and select MP3 in the section of Target Format.
Step 3. Start the Conversion.
Time clock software for mac free. With it, employees can track time using an online timer, and you can track employee attendance, see who works on what, and export data for payroll system.Available for web, desktop, and mobile Insanely simple time clock appWith Clockify, a free time clock app, you can turn any internet-connected device into a time clock. .Free employee time clock appClockify is the only truly free online employee time clock app for accurate clock-in and clock-out.
Click RUN to ask VideoProc to change MP3 to WAV. The output folder will pop up after the conversion gets over.
- Customize the output parameter: click Codec Options. Customize the settings as per your needs on the pop-up panel.
- Apply all customized settings (batch conversion): click Apply to All.
- Change the metadata information: go to the Name & Tag section on the main interface.
- Merge multiple WAV or MP3 files: Check Merge on above the Run button.
How to Convert WAV to MP3 Using iTunes
Working for both Windows and Mac computers.
Most of us may take iTunes only as a media player, media library, Internet radio broadcaster, iPhone management utility, and the client app for iTunes Store. However, it is also a WAV to MP3 converter. Follow the steps below to find how to make it.
Step 1. Launch the application. If you have not installed it on your Windows or Mac computer, you can go to the Apple official website for downloading.
Step 2. At the top of it, choose Preference option user the Edit tab.
Step 3. Then you will be led to another screen, where please click the Import Settings option.
Step 4. Then in another new window, you will see the Import Using option. Click it to find the MP3 Encoder. Now we finish all the setting work, just click the OK button back to the homepage.
Step 5. Now we can do the real job of using iTunes to convert WAV file to MP3. However, here are two different situations, and please choose the one which suits you.
- If you would like to convert the WAV file in music library, choose it in iTunes, and then File > Convert > Create MP3 Version. You will see the MP3 version of this file showing up in the library.
- If you want to change the WAV file in a file folder, then things may be a little different. You need to hold down the Shift key on your keyboard, and then choose File > Convert > Convert to MP3. Then it will ask you to locate the WAV file which you want to change to MP3. Find it to them and click Open button. iTunes will automatically process and display them in the library.
- Launch VLC player and toggle to its Media tab before choosing the Convert/Save option.
- Browse your music files by clicking the Add button on the pop-up Open Media Dialogue box.
- Click on Open.
- Hit the Convert/Save button and a new Convert dialogue box will appear.
- Click on the drop-down box next to the Profile section.
- Select the resultant audio format. By default, MP3 (MP4), Vorbig (OGG), FLAC, MP3 and CD formats are present in the drop-down list.
- Now switch to Audio codec tab and activate the Audio checkbox before making changes to codecs, profile name, sample rate, channels, bitrate and encapsulation tab (from where you need to select WAV as the target format).
- Once you are done selecting these options, you will have to save the new profile which will now appear as an option under the profile selection dropdown.
Step 6. You can find all converted files in the library folder. Have no idea of where the folder is? Edit > Preference > Advanced, and you will see it.
How to Convert WAV to MP3 in Audacity
Working for both Windows, Mac, and Linux computers.
Audacity, as a free and open-source digital audio editor and recording application software, would take changing file format as just a piece of cake.
Step 1. Download Audacity and install it on your computer if necessary. Then run it.
Step 2. At its homepage, choose File > Import > Audio to load the file which you want to change to MP3.
Step 3. Then choose File > Export > Export as MP3. Change the file name and file parameter like bit rate mode, quality, variable speed, channel mode, and more, if you like, and click Save button to finish. And you can get the MP3 version of the file.
How to Convert WAV to MP3 in VLC
Working for both Windows, Mac, and Linux computers.
In many blog posts of ours related to media format changing, we have recommended this free and open source media player for so many times. Still, for WAV to MP3, you can take it as an option.
Step 1. Load the Source WAV File.
Step 2. Go to the Parameter Setting Panel.
Tips: You can add more container options and codecs by clicking the Create a new profile button positioned to the right of the profile dialogue box.
Step 3. Adjust the Parameter for the Target Output MP3 File.
Step 4. Start the Conversion.
Give a proper file name and then initiate the audio conversion process by clicking on Start.
How to Convert WAV to MP3 Online
Online tools are becoming popular in these days. They require no installation programs, which is quite convenient. Even though all of them have harsh limits on the file size and processing speed because of current technology, they still deserve recommendation. Here we choose a tool naming audio.online-convert, which is compatible with 20 different file formats.
Step 1. Select the Convert to MP3 feature in its homepage.
Step 2. Load the Source File to Online-converter. Drag and drop the audio file or browse it from your system. This web-based converter is also compatible with cloud storage solutions like Google Drive and Dropbox.
Step 3. Customize Output Parameter. Make optional changes to bit resolution, sampling rate, and audio channels in the section of Optional settings.
Step 4. Start the Conversion. Once you have decided on all the settings as well as the ultimate file name, click on the Start Conversion button to initiate the process.
How Do I Convert WAV to MP3 on Windows Media Player?
There are quite a number of users emailing us whether Windows Media Player, the Windows built-in media player, can change WAV files to MP3. So we collected a lot of information, both official and non-official, and tested a lot. Sadly, The answer is that Windows Media Player cannot help users with WAV to MP3 conversion.
Yes, outside there are a bunch of posts which display the detailed steps of how to use the Windows Media Player Rip Music feature to finish this work. We tested it, too. Nope, it does not working at all. Rip Music option only enables users to copy audio files from a CD to their computer. But we really hope Microsoft will add this audio converting feature to this popular media playing application one day.
by Brian Fisher • Jul 03,2020 • Proven solutions
As we all know, Podcast is a type of digital media containing an episodic series of radio, video, TV show, etc. You can enjoy them on a computer, Apple TV, or mobile devices like iPhone X/8/8 Plus, iPad. For some Mac users, they would like to convert these audios or video Podcast to MP3 files and organize them in iTunes music library, but not in the Podcast folder. So, how to achieve this? Here this article will introduce you to an easy-to-use way to convert Podcast to MP3.
Part 1. Convert Podcast to MP3 with the Best Solution
If you change Media Kind, you will find that the Music option is changed to Music video and the output media file would be saved as QuickTime MOV video. But you can use a Podcast video to audio converter to convert Podcast to MP3 without hassle. Then you can' t="" miss="" uniconverter="" for="" mac="" or="" windows.="" only="" 3="" steps="" you="" will="" need="" to="" take="" to="" convert="" podcast="" to="" mp3.="">
Get the Best Podcast to MP3 Audio Converter - UniConverter
- 150+ Video & Audio Formats - Capable of converting 150+ video and audio formats, or extracting audio from video files with no quality loss.
- Lossless Conversion – Support to convert videos lossless at 90X faster speed than other video converters.
- Convert Online Videos – Download online videos from 1,000+ online video streaming sites, such as YouTube, Vevo, Netflix, Vimeo, etc.
- Personalize Videos – Add subtitles, watermark and special effects to your videos, or crop/trim/rotate to customize your video output performance.
- Transfer to Devices – Easily convert to mobile device preset format and transfer to mobile devices with USB cable.
- Useful Toolbox – Provide with a set of handy tools to make GIF, convert VR, fix video metadata, record screen, etc.
- Supported OS - Compatible with Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 10.15 Catalina, 10.14 Mojave, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.7 Lion.
How to Convert Podcast to MP3 with UniConverter
Video Tutorial on How to Convert Podcast to MP3 on Mac
Step 1. Add Podcast files to the MP3 converter
In the main interface, select 'Add Files' option to import the Podcast files to the Podcast to MP3 converter. Or you can just drag and drop the Podcast song files to the converter. This Podcast to MP3 converter even supports to import music files from your mobile devices, to achieve that, click the drop down icon beside 'Add Files' to directly load Podcast files from your iPhone, iPad, iPod or other tablets and phones.
Step 2. Select MP3 as output format
In the format tray, go to 'Audio' tab and select MP3 to set it as output format. For more encoder settings, click the Setting icon to change sample rate, channel, bitrate, etc.
Step 3. Ready to Convert Podcast to MP3
Click the 'Convert' button to start to convert Podcast to MP3 on your Mac or Windows PC. That is it! You done! With this Podcast to MP3 converter, you can convert all the audio and video Podcast to MP3 effortlessly.
Part 2. How to Convert Podcast to MP3 with iTunes
You can convert your Podcast to MP3 with iTunes and many other audio converter software programs. The podcast is just like any audio file, and you can convert it into various formats with the right tools.
Step 1. Download and Launch iTunes. Click here to download and install iTunes. Launch the application.
Step 2. Add the Podcast to Library. Click on 'File' on the menu bar and choose 'Add File to Library'. Find the podcast and add it to the library. On Windows, hit Ctrl+B to display the menu bar.
Step 3. Go to Preferences. Go to 'iTunes' menu and click 'Preferences'. On Windows, go to 'Edit' menu and click on 'Preferences'.
Step 4. Set Import Settings. Go to the General tab. Click 'Import Using' on the 'Import Settings' tab. Then select 'MP3 Encoder' from the drop-down menu.
Step 5. Set Quality Settings. The menu for quality settings is just below the 'Import Using' and allows you to select the bitrate for your MP3 files. Quality increases for higher bitrates, but it also increases the file size. For best quality convert from a podcast with a lossless codec.
Mac To Windows File Converter
Step 6. Select the Podcast for Conversion. Once you’re happy with the settings, click 'Ok' to save the changes. Go to the iTunes Library where you added the podcast in Step 2. Select the podcasts to convert.
If you want to convert multiple podcasts at once, hold down Ctrl (Windows) or Cmd (Mac) and click podcasts to select.
Step 7. Start Conversion. Go to the 'File' menu, click on 'Convert' and select 'Create MP3 Version' from the drop-down submenu.
Track the conversion through the progress bar at the top. Find the converted file in the iTunes library at the same location.
It’s simple and easy to convert Podcast to MP3 with iTunes. However, you need a podcast with a lossless codec (FLAC, Wav, ALAC) to get a quality MP3 audio file. Lossy codecs (MP4, M4A, etc.) only convert to lossy formats with poor quality even at higher bitrates.
Optional: Online Podcast to MP3 Converter
If you don't want to install a Podcast converter program on your Mac or Windows PC, you can also try online video converter to convert your Podcast files to MP3. Try it below: