- Download Netflix App For Mac
- Downloading Netflix Movies On Mac
- Download Netflix For Mac Free
- Netflix App For Mac
- Netflix App For Mac Download Movies Pc
- We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us.
- Apr 25, 2019 With Netflix being the biggest subscription service on the planet and more than a billion Apple devices in our hands, many are surprised to find out that there's no Netflix app for Mac. And as there is no Netflix app for Mac, many paid subscribers aren't able to download their favorite series and movies, hence are missing out on being able to.
/PowerMyMac /How to Download Movies from Netflix on Mac
Netflix has been the main source of movies for many individuals at present. If you want to watch Netflix movies on your Mac, you should be familiar with methods on how to download movies from Netflix on Mac.
It is important to note that the Netflix app is only available on iPhone, iPad, Android mobile devices and Windows, except for Mac. For Mac users, the only way to watch shows from Netflix is to utilize a web browser such as Safari or Google Chrome to log in to its website where you can stream videos. Sadly, you cannot download any movies and episodes on your Mac.
Netflix for Mac is the best and most powerful Netflix desktop client. It's perfect for quickly accessing your Netflix account without ever needing to open a web browser, allowing you to watch movies, tv shows and more with the greatest of ease.
Article GuidePart 1. How to Download Movies from Netflix MacPart 2. Why You Need The Large & Old Files Tool?Part 3. Conclusion Best free mac games.
Download Netflix App For Mac
Part 1. How to Download Movies from Netflix Mac
Remember that Netflix has yet to create an app for the macOS which makes it an ordeal for users to watch shows offline on Mac.
Before you can gain access to an app specifically for the macOS, there are several methods on how to download movies from Netflix on Mac and watch offline:
- Recording Netflix shows on Mac.
- Stream downloaded Netflix videos from iPhone/iPad to Mac.
- Stream Netflix shows from your iPhone or iPad using AirPlay.
- Install Windows.
Recording Netflix Shows on Mac
One way on how to download movies from Netflix on Mac is screen recording. With this method, it requires a screen recorder program. Depending on the program that you will use, it will allow you to record your favorite movies and TV show episodes.
Stream Downloaded Netflix Videos from iPhone/iPad to Mac
Another way to download movies and TV show episodes from Netflix on your Mac is to utilize the in-built QuickTime player to allow mirroring of the streaming on your iPhone/iPad to Mac desktop. Remember though that this process is less straightforward.
Initially, you must prepare a lightning USB cable, a Mac that is equipped with the QuickTime Player and an iOS device the is updated to iOS 11 or higher.
The next move is to follow these steps:
- Link your iPhone/iPad to your Mac using the Lightning-to-USB cable.
- Open the QuickTime Player on your Mac via Launchpad or the Applications folder.
- Tap on the File on the upper part of the screen and select the “New Movie Recording” option. If you want a shortcut, simply press “Option+Command+N”
- In the control panel, tap on the down-arrow icon next to the record button. Under the Microphone and Camera sections, select iPhone or iPad where you are playing the Netflix show. You also have the option to change the video quality. Just remember that the higher the video quality, the bigger the file size becomes.
- Open the Netflix app on your iOS device and open the video that you downloaded to watch offline on your Mac.
- Tap on the record button on the QuickTime Player to start recording.
- Start playing the downloaded Netflix shows on your iPhone. Later, you can view the downloaded video on your Mac without requiring an Internet connection. Remember that during the recording, do not to unplug your iPhone/iPad.
- Once the episode or movie ends, simply tap on the stop knob to stop the recording. In case you are going to save the video on your Mac, access File and tap on Save. The videos are saved in the MOV format on your device. Nevertheless, if you do not want to save the video, you can skip on this step.
Stream Netflix Shows from Your iPhone or iPad Using AirPlay
Generally, the Netflix app for iOS can support AirPlay. This is an exclusive protocol stack created by Apple to allow wireless streaming amid various devices of multimedia content.
This simply means that you are capable of streaming Netflix movies and shows from any iOS devices to those with AirPlay over the local Wi-Fi. Since the app can also support offline downloads, you can enjoy viewing the videos offline on your Mac. You also need an app such as AirServer to receive AirPlay streams on your device.
A potential drawback to this approach is that you need to configure a local Wi-Fi network that can take a toll on the battery life of your devices. In addition, both the iOS device and your Mac must be turned on. You need to have your chargers always on hand to avoid an abrupt stop on your favorite episode due to an empty battery.
For some Mac users, another approach on how to watch Netflix movies and episodes is to install the Windows OS with Boot Camp.
Once you are done with the installation, you can switch between macOS and Windows. At this point, simply download the Netflix application at the Microsoft Store and sign in to your account.
Remember that the Netflix app for Windows can support offline downloads on some selected movies and episodes. This will allow you to watch them later without requiring Internet access.
Part 2. Why You Need The Large & Old Files Tool?
Downloading Netflix Movies On Mac
Since you are planning to watch a variety of movies and TV shows from Netflix, these will surely take up space on your Mac. Before you start to record movies or episodes using the method that you prefer, you need one of the tools by iMyMac Mac Cleaner, specifically the Large & Old Files tool that you will find on the left side of the program's interface.
The iMyMac Mac Cleaner is specially designed to tackle a variety of issues on your Mac. It provides Mac users with all the necessary tools in a single application. The Large & Old Files tool can be used to find unwanted files that occupy space on your hard disk as well as outdated ones to make more room on your Mac.
When using this tool to retrieve free space on your Mac for your upcoming Netflix movies and TV shows, simply follow these steps:
- Open iMyMac Mac Cleaner and select the Large & Old Files.
- Start the scan by clicking on the “Scan” button. The process will search for large and old files on your device.
- After the scan finds large and outdated files on your Mac, you can check the results using the “View” button. In case you cannot find large and old files that you want to remove, simply tap on “Re-scan” to start a second scan.
- The files that are discovered on your device are categorized in size from “5MB to 100MB” and “100MB plus” as well as the time such as “more than 30 days” and “longer than one year”. Select the files on the right column from the corresponding category.
- Tap on the “Clean” button to remove the large and outdated files that you have chosen.
Part 3. Conclusion
Download Netflix For Mac Free
With the different ways on how to download movies from Netflix on Mac, you can enjoy watching Netflix movies and TV shows. Now that you are familiar with the methods, simply choose one that you prefer. With the steps stated above that you can easily follow, you are on the way to enjoy your favorite shows on Netflix.
ExcellentThanks for your rating.
Rating: 4.5 / 5 (based on 66 ratings)
People Also Read:
A powerful all-in-one App for Mac
Netflix App For MacFree Download
The most powerful and useful 16-in-1 Mac Software in 2019