Mar 20, 2018 I have a Mac Mini, Late 2012, using OS X version 10.9.5, which must be upgraded to 10.11 or later in order to run TurboTax 2017. When i request software update from the Apple bar — it recommends High Sierra 10.13.3 and directs me to the APP.
Apple File System (APFS)
- APFS is a new, advanced storage architecture providing an extensible foundation to support new features and future storage technologies on the Mac.
- APFS brings support for the latest high-capacity storage devices and delivers enhanced performance, security and reliability.
- With APFS, common operations such as copying files and directories are nearly instantaneous.
- Data is protected from power outages and system crashes thanks to advanced data integrity features.
- APFS currently supports every Mac with all‑flash internal storage — support for Fusion and HDD Mac systems will be available in a future update.
- HEVC (H.265) is a new industry standard that enables extremely efficient compression, streaming and playback of video.
- HEVC enables users to watch 4K video files at full quality, while requiring 40 percent less storage space than the current H.264 standard.1
- With HEVC, Apple is enabling high-quality 4K video streaming on networks where only HD streaming was previously possible.2
- Hardware acceleration on the new iMac and MacBook Pro delivers incredibly fast and power-efficient HEVC encoding and playback.
- Developers like Adobe, Blackmagic Design, GoPro and more are joining Apple in adopting HEVC.
- Metal is Apple’s advanced graphics technology and the fastest, most efficient way to tap into GPU power on the Mac.
- Metal 2 supports next-generation experiences like machine learning used in speech recognition, natural language processing and computer vision.
- Metal 2 features a refined API and improved performance that’s helping developers, including Unity, Epic, Valve, Pixelmator and more, accelerate their future apps.
- With the combination of Thunderbolt 3 and Metal 2, the most demanding Mac users can now access powerful external GPUs.
- With Core ML, Apple brings the power of machine learning to all Apple developers, enabling the creation of entirely new kinds of apps.
- Core ML takes full advantage of Metal and Accelerate, delivering incredible power, speed and efficiency to machine learning operations such as computer vision, natural language and support for convolutional and recurrent neural networks.
- All of the computation and processing driven through Core ML is done on-device in a way that respects customers’ data and privacy.
- Developers are already using Core ML to enhance apps like Pixelmator Pro, which uses machine learning to detect and understand various features within images and create intelligent editing solutions.
- macOS High Sierra adds support for VR content creation for the first time, enabling developers to create immersive gaming, 3D and VR content on the Mac.
- Leading VR companies are working with Apple to drive VR innovation on the Mac with features coming later this year.
- Valve is optimizing its SteamVR platform for macOS and enabling connection of the HTC Vive headset, while Unity and Epic are bringing their VR development tools to macOS.
- Later this year, Final Cut Pro X will add support for professional 360-degree VR workflows with the ability to import, edit and export 360-degree video on the Mac.
- An updated, always-on sidebar and new filtering and selection tools make photo organization quick and easy.
- A refreshed editing UI includes powerful new editing tools like Curves, for fine-tuning contrast, and Selective Color, for making adjustments to a specific color range.
- Live Photos can now be edited with fun effects, like Loop, Bounce and Long Exposure, and users can also choose a different key photo.
- Third-party editors like Photoshop, Pixelmator and other apps can be launched from Photos, with edits saved back to the Photos library.
- Support for third-party project extensions provides access to printing and publishing services from Shutterfly, WhiteWall, Wix, ifolor, Mimeo and Mpix from right within the app.
- Safari stops media with audio from automatically playing in the browser, and Reader can automatically open articles in a clean, uncluttered format.
- Intelligent Tracking Prevention in Safari detects and eliminates cookies and other data used by advertisers for cross-site tracking, to help keep a user’s browsing private.
- Siri on the Mac responds with a more natural voice and learns music preferences, creates custom playlists and answers music trivia when using Apple Music.
- Touch Bar on MacBook Pro gets new Control Strip options plus an improved color picker and more video controls.
- Notes adds simple tables, allowing a user to type in cells, make edits and move rows and columns.
- Spotlight provides flight status information, including departure and arrival times, delays, gates, terminals and even a map of the flight path.
Images of macOS High Sierra
1 Amount of disk space saved depends on specific video file and hardware used. Actual results may vary.
2 The playback of 4K HEVC content requires a Mac with a sixth‑generation Intel Core processor or newer.
Apple Media Helpline
Time to time apple giving OS and Apps updated with new features and bug fixed on your Mac devices (iMac, Mac mini, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air). So you do it in two different ways, Automatically and Manually update OS X and Downloaded Apps from the app store. On big updates, you have to keep back up your data. Sometimes stop updates in between might because of error after when it’s in use.
If you are facing a problem on application access and install the third-party app, you must have to check updates manually on macOS Catalina or earlier version in the cases it stopped update coming in as notifications stopped.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Useful: Optimize/ improve the battery life of MacBook Pro and Air.
How to Check for Updates Manually on Mac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac Mini
Due to system malfunction or bug, despite turning on auto-updates on macOS, many users still didn’t get updates on their MacBook/Mac. If you are dealing with the same situation, then check for updates manually on your macOS Catalina and macOS Mojave, like this.
- Click on Apple logo > System Preferences.
- Click on Software Update. Direct link to install macOS Mojave.
Note: On the current screen, mark the option “Automatically keep my Mac up to date”, to install all the future updates automatically.
Here’s the more custom settings under “Advanced.” on Download and installation of Software Update and Apps Update.
- If any pending update is available, click on the Update Now button. The more info option will show you the exact details of the update.
When you update the system software on macOS Catalina and macOS Mojave, all the applications such as FaceTime, Photos, Mail, Calendar, Safari, iTunes, Books, and Messages app are updates along. But to update other applications of Mac, visit the Mac App Store > Update tab.
Steps for Check updates manually on Mac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac Mini
Auto-updates your Mac OS and Apps
The first time you will Always get Updates notification, Might be most of the users cant agreed with it after reviews about updates feature users can do it. If you go to turn on, then your mac automatically updates own self by controlling all the process and running program situation very well. After that, your system will be a restart to apply changes.
Know updates notification from App store icon
If you disable auto-update, whenever new updates come you will see the red number badge. That will gives how many updates are ready for the update manually.Pioneer ddj sb2 software mac.
Project management apps for mac free. Is an online project management solution that’s used by everyone from freelancers to large corporations.It’s designed for project of all size and industries and according to the developers, is already used by companies such as Netflix, Google, Disney and NASA.One of the main attractions of ProofHub is its accessibility and ease of use for all technical abilities. It just keeps things to a bare minimum making it easy for anyone to learn and use within minutes of signing-up.The best thing that Monday.com does is make it crystal clear the sequence in which tasks need to be completed before the next can be done.In fact, Monday feels a lot like a spreadsheet but is far easier to manage, track and modify without complicated formulas or endless numbers of cells.You can actually choose various views for projects such as spreadsheets, lists, maps, Kanban boards and more.You can easily upload attachments to cards and leave comments for colleagues. Project Online is Microsoft’s Cloud project management software but it’s important to be aware that it’s not the same as Microsoft Project.Microsoft clearly states that:Project Online is an entirely separate service that offers full portfolio and project management tools on the web.If you’ve already got a Microsoft Office 365 account then you can start using Project Online on your Mac now. Although there is no specific Gantt chart view, Monday.com does have something very similar called timelines.You can create some really slick summary charts and export them for sharing with anyone that doesn’t use Monday.com.You can’t import or export Microsoft Project files into Monday.com but there’s lots of integration with third party products such as Jira, Google Drive, Slack, Excel and more.You can and pricing starts at $39 a month for 5 users which works out at just under $8 per user.Pricing gets cheaper the more users you subscribe with Enterprise plans available. Is simple but deceptively powerful and unbelievably effective.What we like about Monday.com is that it doesn’t try to be the ultimate project management tool.
Upgrade Mac Os High Sierra
Check updates manually on Mac OS X: From App store
- Step 1: Go to the Apple Menu, And Choose App Store or From the Spotlight search find App store.
- Step 2: From the top bar, click on updates.
- Read details about all available updates will be displayed there if available through more options.
Note: Your OS X update will also be available there in a list.
For Older Version: How to Check Updates Manually on macOS
Go to the Apple menu > Software Updates and follow the on-screen instruction for update free and purchased the software.
Premium Support is Free Now
We are happy to help you! Follow the next Step if Your Solution is not in this article, Submit this form without Sign Up, We will revert back to you via Personal Mail. In Form, Please Use the Description field to Mention our reference Webpage URL which you visited and Describe your problem in detail if possible. We covered your iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 8(Plus), iPhone 7(Plus), iPhone 6S(Plus), iPhone 6(Plus), iPhone SE, SE 2(2020), iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPad All Generation, iPad Pro All Models, MacOS Catalina or Earlier MacOS for iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro, WatchOS 6 & Earlier on Apple Watch 5/4/3/2/1, Apple TV. You can also mention iOS/iPadOS/MacOS. To be Continued..
Finally are you fail in check updates manually on Mac OS X and apps or install on your device then contact apple support. And gives reviews to us in the comment box.