Jul 02, 2020 An audio converter can convert that obscure format into a format that your app supports. Zamzar can be used with pretty much any modern web browser on any OS, such as Windows, Mac, and Linux. Converts local audio files and ones located online. Supports editing information like the song's album, artist, etc.
M4A is an audio-only file extension that stands for the MPEG-4 audio layer. It has better quality than MP3 and it is often used on iOS devices like iPhone and iPod. Some of the programs that support this format are Windows Media Player, Quicktime, iTunes and Roxio Popcorn, Toast and Creator.
You may want to convert M4A audio to MP3 if you wish to listen to the audio file on devices that do not support M4A. MP3 is the standard audio format so it is supported by most devices and media players. Furthermore, audio in MP3 format is a little smaller than audio in M4A format, so you will be able to save some memory space.
Shareware to Convert M4A file to MP3
Apowersoft Video Converter Studio is a program that you can use to convert M4A file to MP3 format. You can download the free trial version to test its features before you decide to get its full-featured version once the trial is over. This is a powerful and stable tool that offers more features than other free programs that convert M4A to MP3 online or even offline. It needs to be installed on your computer so you don’t have to launch your browser to use it.
It supports various formats including M4A, M4R, MP3, AVI, MKV, WMV, 3GP and more, portable devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod, Galaxy Smartphone, LG, HTC, etc. You can convert a video to another video or audio format and convert an audio file to another audio format fast and easily. Other features that this program boasts are video editor, video player, video downloader, video recorder and MV maker.
Comprehensive M4A to MP3 Converter
Another superb tool I recommend is Streaming Audio Recorder. Besides basic recording function, this tool also provides users with a built-in audio converter. Mac os x caffeine app download. It enables you to convert the M4A file to various formats like MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV, etc. which cater to multiple demands of users. What makes it distinguishable from others is that this program empowers you to convert audio files in batch and can help users to merge a series of files into one file. Converting M4A to MP3 is no more a problem by using this powerful utility.
Here are detailed instructions on how to use it.
- Download and install the program on your computer, then launch it.
- Forward to tool menu on the upper-right of the main interface and click the “Audio Converter” tab.
- Hit the “Add” button and select the files you want to convert, and then click “Open” to upload files.
- After ticking the M4A file, you need to choose “MP3” as the output format and click the “Start” button to start the conversion process.
- Wait for a moment when the program converting file, then the converted MP3 file will be saved on your computer. You can check them by tapping the “Open folder”.
Four Free Ways to Convert M4A Audio to MP3
Method 1: Free Online tool – Apowersoft Free Online Audio Converter
This free tool is easy to use that you can convert M4A files or even other audio and video files saved on your computer to MP3 and other audio formats including WMA, WAV, RA, FLAC, AAC, AC3 and OGG without problems. Conversion can be done in several easy steps. Choose the video or audio you wish to convert to MP3, select a format and then convert or if you want to modify the audio parameters like bitrate, channel and sample rate, forward to “Settings” before you do “Convert”. The steps are not complicated that even those who are new to the process of converting files can do it like a pro.
Method 2: Convert M4A to MP3 with iTunes
If you have iTunes installed on your computer, you can also use it to free convert M4A to MP3. Here are the steps that you need to follow for the conversion.
- Open iTunes and click the drop-down arrow on the upper left corner of the window.
- Choose “Preferences”, General and Import Settings.
- Next to “Import Using”, select “MP3 Encoder” and click the “OK” button.
- Find the M4A file you wish to convert, right-click and select “Create MP3 version”.
Method 3: Convert M4A file to MP3 format with free M4A to MP3 converter
There are also free converters that you can download from the Internet designed to convert M4A files to MP3 or other audio file formats. Since they are free, they often come with advertisements. They also allow customization of output quality settings and some even come with a built-in player that lets you listen to the audio files saved on your computer.
Method 4: Convert audio between M4A and MP3 with Freemake Audio Converter
Freemake Audio Converter is another free M4A to MP3 converter that you can convert your audio in M4A to MP3 format. What’s more, it allows users to convert their audio files between various audio formats, including WMA, WAV, AAC, OGG, MP3, M4A, etc. Unlike the Apowersoft Free Online Audio Converter, you have to download and install it before using it.
by Christine Smith • 2020-06-23 21:05:12 • Proven solutions
If you love listening to music then you are likely to have several audio files on your device. Audio files come in different formats including MP3, AAC, M4A and more. Among all the common audio formats, M4A is the best. It has more sound quality than MP3 format. For this reason, you will enjoy listening to your music in M4A format than in MP3 format. Whenever you want to convert your MP3 files to M4A format, you shouldn’t think of it as a hard task to do; we have discussed on easy and free ways to convert MP3 to M4A on your Windows or Mac OS.
Part 1. How to Convert MP3 to M4A with iTunes
iTunes, being a platform to manage media files allows you to convert files from one format to another, is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS. It converts a file from MP3 to M4A format with the simple 4 steps below.
Step 1. First, launch iTunes, then go to the File > Add to Library to add a MP3 file in iTunes. If you are using Mac OS, directly drag and drop the MP3 on iTunes.
Step 2. Next tap on the iTunes, then select the Preferences, thereafter go to the General > Import Settings.
Step 3. Click on the Import Using and select the AAC Encoder option. You can also adjust the settings on the Setting button.
Step 4. Right click on the OK button, then head to music playlist. Right click on the MP3 music file and click on the Create AAC version. iTunes will then convert the MP3 to M4A easily.
Part 2. How to Quickly Convert MP3 to M4A
Aside from the free yet complicated iTunes way, you might opt for an easier way to convert MP3 to M4A: using Wondershare UniConverter. It is a tool that excels in audio and video conversion be it standard or high quality media files. With this software, you will be more efficient as it supports batch conversion of files. Also, its conversion speed is 30 times faster compared to other media converters.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
We found top Photo Recovery Software for you that will help to do 100% recovery of your deleted photos, videos, and audio files.NOTE:- Before we proceed I would like to tell you that we tested all the photo recovery tools and 100% safe to download and try 5 Best Photo Recovery Software in 2020 (Our Choice)1. Is an advanced utility to fix any type of corrupted or damaged video files for Windows and Mac users. Free trial available2. Best Performing Post of July 2020:- 1. Best mac hdd recovery software download.
- Convert MP3 to 1000+ formats, including M4A, FLAC and more.
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Burn video to to high-quality blu-ray DVD.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
How to Convert MP3 to M4A Format with Wondershare UniConverter
Below is a step-by-step tutorial for your guidance, with the following steps, you are able to quickly convert MP3 to M4A.
Convert M4a To Mp4
Step 1 Run Wondershare MP3 to M4A UniConverter.
First, download Wondershare UniConverter via the download button above and then launch it on your computer after installation.
Step 2 Add MP3 Files into best MP3 to M4A Converter.
Thereafter on the top left side of the program, click on the button and a dialog box would pop up, choose your desired MP3 files.
Step 3 Choose M4A as Output Format.
After the file has been added, select the format you want to convert your files to. Go to the top right side of the program and click the Convert all files to: button. Next, click on the Audio and select M4A format, then choose the audio quality in the right.
Step 4 Convert MP3 to M4A Easily.
Finally, convert your MP3 file by clicking the Convert All button at the right side of the video. Within few seconds, the MP3 file will be successfully converted to MP4.
Part 3. How to Convert MP3 to M4A Online
Surely, there're many online MP3 to M4A converters online and we'll will discuss 3 high-rated one for your reference.
Convert Mp4a To Wave
Online-Convert is an online converter that converts files free of charge from one format to different other formats. It supports various conversions including video, audio, image, document and much more. It's also easy to use and the tutorial is as simple as follows.
- Identify the type of converter you need from the drop-down icon, choose the format you want to convert your files to. Here select M4A for example.
- Click on Browse button to upload the MP3 file to be converted. Note you can also enter the URL of your target MP3 file for uploading or change the settings at will.
- Click Convert file to start converting MP3 to M4A.
2. Online MP3 to M4A UniConverter
Online MP3 to M4A UniConverter is an incredible online tool to convert audio or video. It supports a wide range of formats including MP3, OGG, M4A, WAV, and others. Online UniConverter can convert many files at the same time. It can download files from sites such as YouTube. Below will show you how to quickly convert MP3 to M4A.
- Upload the file to be converted by selecting it.
- Choose the output format by picking M4A from the list of formats and specify the output quality.
- Start MP3 to M4A conversion by clicking Convert button.
Zamzar is a multipurpose converter that supports many conversions. It is able to convert image, eBook, video, CAD, audio, and music. It is able to convert a wide range of formats without the need to download software. It supports formats like MP3, WAV, MOV, M4A, MP4, FLV and many others.
- Select the MP3 file to be converted. You may drag and drop the file on the program.
- Select the format you want to convert your files to. You can do this by picking on M4A file format from the output formats available.
- On the Email address option, leave your email address so as to receive the converted files.
- Click Convert to convert your files to M4A format. After a short while, your file will have been converted to M4A file format.