Promising tool for enabling you to backup your files online, synchronise across your various computers and even share with other users. Specification: Dropbox Beta for Mac 101.3.427: Platforms. Jul 03, 2020 2. Run AOMEI Backupper Standard and click 'Backup' tab. Scroll down your mouse to find 'File Sync' and click it.3. Edit the task name if necessary. Click 'Add Folder' to select the folders you’d like to sync on the external hard drive.Click the drop-down icon and choose 'Select a cloud drive'.In the pop-up window, select Dropbox and click 'OK'. Jul 16, 2019 Dropbox works just like any other folder on your computer, but with a few differences. Any files or folders inside Dropbox will get synchronized to Dropbox's servers and any other computer linked.
Jul 10, 2020 • Filed to: Take Data Backup • Proven solutions
Q: How to backup Mac to Dropbox?
Http www autodesk com education free software autocad for mac free. “I have immense amount of data on my Apple Mac, as at the end of every month I copy all the data from my mobile phone to the Mac. However, it already has so much data downloaded on it, I have bulk of data that needs to be backup. The data includes my personal pictures, videos, files and my professional data, which is quite significant for me. This is the reason why I am striving to backup Mac to Dropbox, I really have no clue how to do this. I’m looking for the easiest steps to flawlessly conduct the backup process. I want to know simple and quick ways to do it.”
Saving your data to Dropbox is usually a great idea for people who are stabilizing office and academic career side by side. People are mostly afraid that they will loss the data if any misadventure takes place. Although, it is quite true that many little mistakes can get the data off your hands. Still, no need to worry, there are a list of solution which are to be disclosed further in the guide. The solutions are not tiring rather they are small and easy for the user to understand. Just follow the guide and you will know every thing about how do you back-up the mac.
Part 1: Overview of Dropbox
The primary thing to do before you proceed to any solution is to know about the app you are using in detail. Dropbox has millions of users all around the world, the questions comes up, why? Dropbox is a cloud storage which enables you to copy your data to online cloud from where you can access the data anytime you want. You have multiple options in Dropbox, either to enable your Mac automatically backup your precious data or you do it one by one, this enables you to backup selective data. However, these are some of the prominent features of Dropbox;
- It offers you cloud storage, file synchronization, client software and personal cloud. Many other utilities only allot you some of the features which don’t include personal storage or even client software. The utility of personal storage is accessible from any device you want, this makes sure that you aren’t stuck with one device only, rather are at an ease of data access.
- Dropbox easily creates a special folder on user’s computer for data to make it prominent that all your data is smoothly been backup and the application is still in use.
- The sacred folder that Dropbox gives you on user’s computer is also known to automatically sync with all your devices. This feature gives you the opportunity to create and access the backup with ease from Mac to Dropbox. Once the files are copied to this folder, the backup will be initiated and you will attain your backup on the Dropbox automatically.
- Getting Dropbox on your operating system is never an issue. The app is easily available on Windows, Macintosh and even Linux desktop operating system. This makes it versatile enough to be used on every operating system, you can create backup from every operating system.
- If we are talking about operating system to backup the significant data, the query comes that if it is accessible on mobile or not. Well, the Dropbox application is available on iPhone, iPad, Blackberry and also on Android. So, it is quite clear that you can access your data from any mobile device you want. You are just required to download the application and cherish the features of Dropbox. Just make sure you follow the guide to properly run the Dropbox and make backup of your valuable data.
Part 2: How to Backup Mac to Dropbox via Dropbox website
It is always obligatory for you to go for the easiest and the most convenient way to deal with your situation. This the reason that it is best to use Dropbox website first, before jumping to the next procedure. The website of Dropbox is easily accessible, you surely need strong internet to conduct this procedure. You can easily access the Dropbox website on any of your browser, once you have turned on your Mac and connected it to fast internet service, Follow the steps to backup Mac to Dropbox via Dropbox website;
Step 1: Open your browser and go to the Dropbox website. Once you have opened it, login to your account or either sign up if you don’t have an account yet, the procedure for making an account is not so stiff.
Step 2: After you have the website opened and account logged in, on the upper right corner you will have an option of “Upload” click it and then you can access your data which has to be backup.
Step 3: You will have two options, either you can select a file to upload or even multiple selective files or you can simply upload the whole folder by selecting choose folder.
Step 4: However, make sure the data that you have chosen to upload is less than 20gb because that’s the capacity that you avail from the Dropbox website. If you are willing to upload larger files than 20gb, follow the next given procedure in which you can utilize desktop app to upload large folders and files. Yet, the uploading speed will depend upon the size of the data or either the internet speed that your computer attains.
Part 3: How to Backup Mac to Dropbox via Desktop App
So, we have previously gone through the simplest procedure to backup Mac to Dropbox. Yet, there was a deficiency in the previous method that it only allowed you to backup data of 20gb. However, the desktop app enables you to upload data more than 20gb, this utility is for the people who have bulks of data stored on their Mac and think of making a backup to Dropbox. So, if you have immense data on your Mac, this is the finest method that you can follow to backup Mac to Dropbox, follow the steps given bellow carefully;
Step 1: In this method too, you need to go to the Dropbox website. You are required to download and install Dropbox app on your Mac. Once you have downloaded and installed the application, the icon of Dropbox will appear on your screen.
Step 2: Now, you need to click “Open my Dropbox Folder”. In the home folder your Dropbox folder will be created which will enable you to store and access files even when you are away from your operating system.
Dropbox Download App
Step 3: The folder and file that you need to make a backup of, you need to select and drop the file/folder in the Dropbox folder which will sync it to your Dropbox account.
Step 4: If you desire to make backup of your data on the Mac, you can just copy and paste the file/folder into Dropbox folder on the Mac.
Data is valuable to every person who attains it, some contain data which is significant for the academic and professional career and some have personal data to save. Due to the fear of losing data people strive to create a backup of their data. It is beneficial for a Mac user to use Dropbox for making backup of their data. As it is easily accessible at any place you want. Well, the only thing that you need to do is that to follow the methods with focus. Missing even one step can lead you to useless results. This is why make sure every step is followed.
Data Backup Services
- Computer Backup
- Hard Drive Backup
- Mac Backup
- Cloud Backup