- Best Macos Calendar App
- Google Calendar App For Mac Os
- Apple Calendar App
- Calendar App For Mac
- Google Calendar App For Mac
Certain actions that you perform on your Mac will cause default apps to open. For example, clicking a document may open Pages. But what if you want Microsoft Word to open instead? You can also set your default web browser and email reader.
Aug 14, 2016 Q. OS X’s Calendar app hung up on me, so I force-quit it. Now it doesn’t show any of my events and instead stays stuck on an “Updating calendars” prompt.
How to change the default Mac app for specific file types
- Right-click on a file that uses the file type you'd like to change the default for. For example, one with a .jpg extension (a photo).
- Click on Get Info in the pop-up.
- Click Open With if the section isn't already expanded.
Click the dropdown and choose an app.
- Click Change All..
Click Continue when the Finder asks you if you're sure.
Now any time you open a file with that extension, the Finder will automatically open it with the app you've selected.
How to set your default web browser
- Launch System Preferences from the dock, Finder, or by clicking the Apple icon in the Menu bar.
- Click General at the top left of the window.
- Click the dropdown next to Default web browser.
Click the web browser you'd like to use as the default.
How to set your default email reader
Mail is likely the default email app on your Mac, but just in case you have others downloaded, you can set the default reader. Here's how:
Please report piracy or contract customer support for assistance.I then spent nearly two hours on line to your Customer Support call centre. I paid for and loaded LR6 for Mac, using Yosemite, directly from the Adobe site. The product you are trying to update is not an Adobe Genuine Software and appears to be counterfeit. Adobe software genunie failure off mac. When I tried to download the update, dated July 2015, I got this error message:Update Failed. Adobe Genuine Software Verification Failure.
- Launch Mail from your dock or the Finder.
- Click Mail in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click Preferences.
- Click the dropdown next to Default Mail Reader.
Click the app you'd like to set as the default.
Let us know in the comments below.
Best Macos Calendar App
Updated February 2020: Updated for macOS Catalina!
Google Calendar App For Mac Os
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Apple Calendar AppWe are open
Calendar App For Mac
Apple Sanlitun, Apple's newest store in China, is opening today
Google Calendar App For Mac
Apple has announced that its newest retail store, Apple Sanlitun in Bejing, is opening to customers in the area later today.