When you set up your Apple Watch, you get the choice to install all your apps now or later. If you choose Install All, the watch app counterparts for the apps on your iPhone will install.
After setup, you can install apps directly on your Apple Watch with the built-in App Store in watchOS 6.
Onefootball is an essential app for any football fan, allowing you to track thousands of teams and hundreds of leagues around the world on your Apple Watch. You can follow your favourite players. Jul 06, 2020 The Apple Watch app is for properly focusing on your current tasks, which can be displayed as a complication, ticked off when complete, and added to. Mar 15, 2020 Strava app uses the inbuilt GPS of your Apple Watch Series 5 to record your running and walking activities. It provides all the essential information at your wrist and helps you to check improvements. Clue – Period and Cycle Tracker.
watchOS 6 is compatible with Apple Watch Series 1 and later. Upgrading to watchOS 6 requires an iPhone 6s or later running iOS 13 or later.
How to install apps on your Apple Watch
- Press the Digital Crown to see the Home screen, then tap App Store.
- Tap Search to find apps using Scribble or Dictation, or scroll down to discover featured apps and curated app collections.
- Tap an app to see its description, ratings and reviews, screenshots, release notes, and more.
- Tap the price or tap Get.
- When prompted, double-click the side button to download and install the app.
When you download an app on your watch that you haven't downloaded before, it automatically appears on your iPhone. To manage this, open the Settings app on your iPhone, then tap iTunes & App Store. Under Automatic Downloads, turn Apps on or off.
Manage your Apple Watch apps
You can manage your Apple Watch apps directly on your watch, or using the Watch app on your iPhone.
How to remove apps from your Home screen
- Press the Digital Crown to see the Home screen.
- If your Home screen is in grid view, touch and hold an app lightly until the app icons jiggle. If the apps don't jiggle, make sure that you're not pressing too hard. Tap the delete button on the app that you want to delete, then tap Delete App.
- If your Home screen is in list view, swipe left on the app that you want to delete, then tap the red delete button.
- Press the Digital Crown to finish.
If you remove a built-in Apple app from your iPhone, that app is also removed from your Apple Watch. If you want to restore a built-in Apple app, you can download it from the App Store on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
How to use your iPhone to manage your watch apps
- Open the Watch app, then tap the My Watch tab.
- Scroll to the app that you want to add or remove. Apps that you already installed appear in the Installed on Apple Watch section. Apps that you can install appear in the Available Apps section.
- To add an app, tap Install.
- To remove an app, tap it, then turn off Show App on Apple Watch.
Update your Apple Watch apps
Turn on automatic downloads and updates, or check for app updates manually.
How to keep your Apple Watch apps updated automatically
Apple Watch App For Mac
- Press the Digital Crown to see the Home screen, then tap Settings.
- Tap App Store.
- Turn on Automatic Downloads to automatically download new app purchases that you make on other devices. Turn on Automatic Updates to automatically download new versions of your apps.
These settings are also available in the App Store section of the Watch app on your iPhone.
How to check for updates on your Apple Watch manually
- Open the App Store on your watch and scroll down to the bottom.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Updates.
- Tap Update next to an app to update only that app, or tap Update All.
How to turn on Automatic App Install on your iPhone
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap General.
- Turn Automatic App Install on or off. When it's on, any updates to apps on your iPhone, or any future app purchases, will automatically install on your watch.
Do more with apps
- Some third-party apps allow you to add complications to your watch face. Learn how to customize your watch face.
- Learn how to download apps and games from the App Store and update your apps on your other Apple devices.
- Learn what to do if you can’t download or update apps on your Apple device.
Love to know your current location and elevation, see your the direction you’re moving in, and know your bearings? All that information and more is available using the Compass app on your Apple Watch and iPhone. But if you can’t find the app on your watch, check your phone–your iPhone must have Apple’s compass app installed to see it on your watch!
Even some third-party apps offer compass app integration with the Apple Watch Series 5+. These new compass features get you moving in the right direction to your selected destination. We love these watch apps’ real-time feedback using the compass feature!
- 1 But what if you can’t find the compass app on your watch?
- 2 Allow Compass to access your location
- 3 How to use the compass app on Apple Watch
- 5 Looking for a third-party Compass app for your older model Apple Watch?
But what if you can’t find the compass app on your watch?
If the Compass app isn’t installed, there’s a couple of reasons why.
First, let’s make sure your Apple Watch supports the compass app. Currently, the Compass app is only available on the Apple Watch Series 5 (or above.) So if you use an older model, you cannot install the compass app–the compass requires hardware included only the Series 5 onwards.
Also, your watch needs to use at least watchOS 6 and your iPhone iOS 13.
Now, if your Apple Watch is the correct model but the compass app is missing, check that your paired iPhone already has the compass app installed on it. Your iPhone must have the compass app for the app to show up on your Apple Watch.
Install the compass app on your Apple Watch
- Open the App Store on your paired iPhone (visit the App Store for iPhone not the app store for the Apple Watch)
- Search for the Compass app–make sure it’s the app developed by Apple
- Download and install the app
- Restart your Watch and your iPhone
- Check your watch for the compass app and tap it
Don’t see the compass app even after installing it on your iPhone?
Restart both your phone and watch.
If it still doesn’t show up, ask Siri on the watch to launch the compass app. Once Siri locates it, it should show up on your Apple Watch’s home screen.
Apr 19, 2018 But, this is an old Samsung software and it is not recommended to use it. Alternative: Transfer Galaxy S9 Files to Mac with HandShaker. This is the beautiful alternative we mentioned earlier that you can use on Mac to transfer files from the Samsung Galaxy S9. Samsung s9 current software version.
Sneak a quick peek at your compass!
To quickly see your direction, add the Compass complication to your watch face.
With the compass complication, you can open the Compass app with just a single tap.
Amazon prime music app on mac causing fans to spin. I can't to find a way to connect to my audio receiver from the Amazon Music software for PC/Mac.I don't mind connecting to my audio receiver with the iPhone app.
Allow Compass to access your location
When you open Compass for the first time, it requests permission to access your location. Tap While Using the App to grant permission.
If your Compass app doesn’t see your location
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch
- Tap Privacy > Location Services > Compass
- Tap While Using the App
How to use the compass app on Apple Watch
Tap the Compass app to see the direction that the top of your Apple Watch points you to. Then, find your bearing in the top-left corner.
For the most accurate reading, hold your watch flat to align the crosshairs at the center of the compass. When you start to move, the red cone surrounding the compass needle shows you the accuracy of your heading–a narrow cone indicates better accuracy than a wider cone.
To see your elevation, incline, and coordinates, rotate the Digital Crown.
Want to point to true north on the compass app?
By default, the compass uses a magnetic north. To change this to true north, open the Settings app on your Apple Watch, tap Compass, then toggle on Use True North.
Is the compass app not showing accurate information or not working?
If your Apple Watch is near magnets, those impact the accuracy of the compass sensor. That’s because it’s a magnetic compass. The compass app detects levels of magnetism using a magnetoresistive permalloy sensor (for short, a magnetometer.)
Unfortunately, many of Apple’s watch bands have magnets, including Apple’s Leather Loop, Milanese Loop, and earlier Sport Loop watch bands. These bands may interfere with the Apple Watch compass. In particular, bands with magnetic clasps can cause interference with the compass.
So try changing bands.
Apple Watch’s compass app isn’t affected by Sport Loop bands introduced from September 2019 onwards. All versions of the Sport Bands work without issue.
The magnets in your iPhone EarPods can also cause a deviation.
That’s why Apple recommends only using the compass app for basic navigation assistance. Don’t depend solely on your Apple Watch or iPhone compass app to provide you a precise location, proximity, distance, or direction.
Looking for a third-party Compass app for your older model Apple Watch?
All is not lost for folks wearing older model Apple Watches!
There are a bunch of developers creating apps for your Apple Watch that offer compass features. We suggest you open the Apple Watch app store and check out reviews of these apps and decide from there.
- Open the App Store app on your Apple Watch
- Tap in the Search field
- Choose if you want to scribble or dictate the word “compass” into your watch
- Scroll through the apps that show up
- Tap an app you find interesting
- Scroll down and tap Ratings & Reviews to read user reports
- To install, press Get
For most of her professional life, Amanda Elizabeth (Liz for short) trained all sorts of folks on how to use media as a tool to tell their own unique stories. She knows a thing or two about teaching others and creating how-to guides!
Health App On Iwatch
Her clients include Edutopia, Scribe Video Center, Third Path Institute, Bracket, The Philadelphia Museum of Art, and the Big Picture Alliance.
Elizabeth received her Master of Fine Arts degree in media making from Temple University, where she also taught undergrads as an adjunct faculty member in their department of Film and Media Arts.