MacTheRipper, officially abbreviated as MTR, is a free DVD ripper application for Mac OS X. It helps you copy your DVD movies to your Mac without any protections and quality loss. This is very helpful if you don't want to play the original DVD disc, or making DVD copies for your car (a DVD burner is required). With the help of third-party video converter, you can also convert MacTheRipper output files to to another format, like an iPad, iPod, iPhone or other portable media players.
- Mar 16, 2020 The process of ripping a DVD can seem to be a mind-numbing and unmanageable task; though, it can be a surprisingly easy task if you have the best DVD ripper software with you. For that reason, in this article, we have organized a list of best DVD rippers accessible in the market, which you can acquire and utilize as per your needs.
- If you don’t have time to read the full review, you may just download the best dvd ripper for Mac, which is MacX DVD Ripper Pro. Click on the Get it Now button to get the 50% discount automatically. You can choose to get 1-year or lifetime license; all purchase come with 30-day refund guarantee. Note: For safer (clean) and 100% secure, please use the button provided.
Mar 03, 2020 Best DVD Ripper for Mac – MacX DVD Ripper Pro We rated this program as the best dvd ripper for Mac as this is a truly powerful app with massive features to deliver the excellent output files. The program comes with simple user interface and easy to use as you just need 3-step to rip the DVD.
Thanks to its user-friendly interface and high quality DVD ripping, MacTheRipper is ever the best choice of millions of users to backup there own DVDs on Mac. However, due to legal issues and the need of long-term evolution, MacTheRipper at last becomes a Donationware or called Shareware, which means you have to pay some money to rip your DVDs. In a word, MacTheRipper is NOT a free DVD ripper any more. Here Tipard DVD Ripper for Mac is recommended to rip DVDs on Mac for its high quality and fast speed. Get a free trial now.
Why Choose MacTheRipper?
Below are the reasons why MacTheRipper was so popular in the past.
- It's Free (before version 2.6.6)
- It has impact and user-friendly interface.
- It's easy to use.
- It retains the original quality of DVD movies.
Why NOT Choose MacTheRipper?
For some people, MacTheRipper is not the best choice.
Dvd Ripper For Mac Reviews
- Those who want free DVD ripper but have an up-to-date Mac computer because the latest MacTheRipper is not free any more.
- Those who want to watch DVD movies on iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch - MacTheRipper just rip DVD but not convert DVD to video.
- Those who want to copy DVD movies and watch DVD movies on TV using the duplicated DVD disc.
- Those who want to rip commercial DVD movies because the latest MacTheRipper doesn't support commercial DVD discs.
- Those who don't want to register to download and buy (so-called Send Gift) MacTheRipper on its official forum.
- Those who want a simple solution to rip DVD on Mac. Obviously, MacTheRipper is an outdated choice. Here is the best DVD ripper Mac, in my opinion.
How to Use MacTheRipper 4
This section will show you how to use MacTheRipper to rip DVD on Mac step by step. Also shows you how to uninstall MacTheRipper if it doesn't work or you just don't like it. A brief update history of MacTheRipper is also included.
How to Install MacTheRipper 4
To install MacTheRipper, simply double click on the .dmg file, and then double click on the .mkg file to launch the MTR 4.0 Installer. Follow the on screen instructions and the MTR 4.0 application will be installed in your Applications folder.
How to Rip DVD on Mac with MacTheRipper 4
MacTheRipper provides your with 5 modes to rip DVD on Mac, like Auto Full Disc Extraction mode, Auto Full Disc ISO Extraction mode and Full Disc Rip And Rebuild mode. Here takes Auto Full Disc Extraction mode for instance.
- 1. Launch MTR, and set the extraction type to Auto Full Disc Extraction.
- 2. Insert the DVD disc you want to rip movies from. MTR will detect and scan titles in the disc.
- 3. Click Extract to starting ripping DVD on Mac with MacTheRipper.
- 4. The DVD will be saved as a folder on Mac.
Note that If RCE Region Protection was detected, you will be prompted to select the 'RCE Region' number. To make a region-free video. The RCE Region should be set to the region the DVD was purchased in. For example, US is 1, while Europe is 2.
How to Uninstall MacTheRipper 4
To uninstall MacTheRipper, you need to remove all the related folders and files manually. Do the following:
- 1. Remove the CSS_ Key_Cache folder. This is a folder includes the decryption keys to remove protections from any DVD it opens. It makes future processing of the same discs faster. This folder locates in /Users/Shareddirectory.
- 2. Remove the? MTR preferences file. The preferences file, called com.MTR3.plist, is stored in the folder called Preferences, which is located in the Library folder in your Home directory. Just drag this file to the trash and empty the trash.
- 3. Finally, remove the MacTheRipper application.?Simply drag the MTR folder to the trash. Done.
What's New in MacTheRipper 4.0
- Completely re-worked from scratch with a more future-proof codebase
- New ripping modes, 'Full Disc', 'ISO' disk image creation (!) and 'Rip And Rebuild' for those tricky new DVDs
- Compatibility with many new DVDs with advanced copy protections schemes
- New dark-themed interface, complete with mind-blowingly slick animations
- Auto-updater for simplified updates - no more needing to check the forums all the time to find new releases
- Exclusive access to the DVD while ripping so your rip won't get interrupted anymore
>> Learn More About MacTheRipper History
How to Play MacTheRipper Output Files
The MacTheRipper has mainly 2 types of outputs: DVD folder or ISO Image File. Both can be played with the supplied DVD Player on your mac. Below is how to play MacTheRipper files.
- 1. Launch DVD Player from Applications folder. To play ISO Image file, mount it by double-clicking on it before running DVD Player.
- 2. Go to the File menu, select Open VIDEO_TS Folder, navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder inside the DVD folder and hit the Choose button. Or simply drag and drop a VIDEO_TS folder onto DVD Player's dock icon or application icon in the Finder).
- 3. Hit Space Bar to start playing video from your hard drive.
How to Convert MacTheRipper Output Files
MacTheRipper doesn't feature a conversion tool. Therefore, you need an extra video converter to convert MacTheRipper ripper files to the compatible format of your device. Here I humbly recommend Tipard Video Converter for Mac to complete the task. It offers the easiest way to convert MacTheRipper VOB files for iPhone, iPad, iPod, iTunes, QuickTime, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, etc.
DiscoDisco does more than just look pretty, it supports for CD/DVD-Re-writable disc burning and erasing. Data dvd burning software for mac. So the solution I recommend is to: find older versions that include iDVD 7 on Amazon or eBay; try to download the.5.
How to Burn MacTheRipper Output Files
To backup MacTheRipper output files to DVD and play on television, you need a DVD maker for Mac to burn video files to DVD disc. Many DVD burning applications are on the market. Among them, Aiseesoft DVD Creator for Mac is a great choice for its ease to use and has powerful features to burn MacTheRipper output files to DVD with beautiful preset DVD menus.