There are instances where people will send a message as text. However, the texts appear as iMessages that came from the email address of the person instead of the phone number.
The message may display the person’s Apple account. The Apple account shows up because of the email address registered on the iMessage or on the iCloud account.
Here are the steps that you can do in order to fix this problem.
Our team performs checks each time a new file is uploaded and periodically reviews files to confirm or update their status. Logitech wireless mouse for mac.
Aug 20, 2019 You can access iMessage through AirMessage on Android—your Mac does the heavy lifting; the AirMessage app communicates with it. As the device that’s actually connected to iMessage, your Mac is just sending messages back and forth. For Mac owners with Android phones, AirMessage could be tempting. Jun 20, 2019 That means you can’t send an iMessage to your Android friends. It’s only the Apple users who benefit from blue-bubbled texts. On the plus side, you don’t need to do anything different when sending a message to someone without Apple products. Use the Messages app as you normally would and your iPhone works out the rest.
Fix for Texts Showing Email Address instead of Phone Number
How To Get Imessages On Mac
- You can go to your phone’s settings. Next, go to Messages. Scroll down and look for the “Receive at”/ You can Sign out from your Apple account for the meantime. Turn off your iMessage. Wait for a few minutes and turn it back on again.
After signing out from your Apple account, you can go to the “Receive at” section. You should see that there’s a new message that shows you the option if you want to use your Apple ID for incoming or outgoing messages.
It features a pop-out mini-controller of album art that allows users to control streaming without launching the full app. Maker of multiroom wireless home speaker systems like the and the, released the latest version of its Mac Controller app on Tuesday. The Controller app, which allows users to remotely control their Sonos speaker system, recieved updates that include a sleeker look and improvements to search, streaming, and volume control.In addition to a revamped look, version 3.7 of the affords users even greater control over music streaming. Best sonos app for mac. The latest version also offers an improved search function that incorporates users’ music libraries with Internet radio stations and subscription music services such as Pandora, Rhapshody, Spotify, and Mog into one integrated search function. It also utilizes drag-and-drop functionality for an improved playlist interface that mimics the.The update also improves existing features and controls such as sleep timers and alarms, which are now more accessible and available from the app's main window.
- Go to the iMessage section through your phone’s Settings. You can do this by tapping on the “Settings”, then go to “iMessage”, then tap on “Send and Receive”.
You should be able to see your phone number. Check if it is grayed out. You should see one or more email address below your number. If you can see another number which contains a checkmark on it, simply tap on the number. The checkmark will be removed and free from the existing email address on your iPhone.
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings. Tap on Messages and select the “Receive at” option.
Tap the caller ID and select your phone number.
- Turn off iMessage. Wait for a few seconds then enable it again.
- Go to your Mac computer. Select Messages, then go to Preferences. Click on Accounts, then select iMessage. Untick all the boxes on the list where you can see all your email addresses. You just have to make sure to leave your phone number as it is.
- Go to your iPhone’s settings. Go to your phone’s iMessage section, then tap on the Send and Receive section. Simply click on the option which shows the New Conversation From. Tap the phone number instead of showing the email.
- Access your Apple account. Make sure that your phone number is verified. Connect to the internet and list your number on your Apple ID if it’s not yet registered.
- Open your Mac computer. Select the Message application and Login. You can try to send a message on your Mac computer to someone from your contacts as an iMessage.
Keychain Access can occasionally bug out and create issues. This happens especially when you upgrade your macOS or switch to a new Mac. While the Migration Assistant is an amazing tool, we’ve seen that if you chose to defer dealing with Keychain Access, the Messages app sometimes stops working correctly. You can still receive messages (iMessages as well as SMS), but you’re not able to send messages from your Mac. When you try to send, you will get a red exclamation in a circle saying “message could not be sent, try again.”
Before you get frustrated, try this quick fix:
- Open Keychain Access either through the utilities folder or Spotlight Search
- Navigate to the File menu and select “Lock Keychain ‘Login'”
- Navigate to the File menu again and select “Unlock Keychain ‘Login'”
- You’ll be asked to enter your Mac password
- Enter the password and try to send your message again