- Accessible, Secure And Personal – It’s Your Cloud Now LAS VEGAS, NV —Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ: STX), a world leader in storage solutions, today unveiled two new storage products for the home, Seagate® Personal Cloud and Seagate® Personal Cloud 2-Bay. Seagate Personal Cloud provides the accessibility of cloud storage with the peace of mind that content is stored safely at home.
- Shop Seagate Personal Cloud 4TB External Hard Drive (NAS) Black at Best Buy. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. Price Match Guarantee.
- May 14, 2019 The Seagate Personal Cloud is a perfect example of that system style, giving you a way to control and store your data away from the outside world. An Excellent And Effective Device Manager The Seagate Personal Cloud is a device that is meant to protect your data and keep your information secure.
- Skip to main content. Try Prime All.
Scenario: Seagate Dashboard not working
Quick Comparison: Best NAS For Mac Personal Cloud Storage 8 Best Personal Cloud Storage NAS Device for Mac: Good reviews NAS for Mac #1. Western Digital Nas for Mac and Windows Under $400 #2. BUFFALO NAS Unit for your Apple Mac #3. Apple AirPort Time Capsule #4. WD My Cloud EX2: 8 TB – Best Nas for time Machine 2020 #5. Seagate personal.
I just purchased a new Seagate 3T Desktop Backup, and when I run a diagnostic on it, I'm told it is running correctly. However, the Seagate Dashboard does not working. It says a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!
How to fix Seagate Dashboard not working in Windows 10/8/7?
As you know, Seagate Dashboard is a free utility that pre-installed on Seagate hard drives, including Backup Plus and Central. It can be used to protect and back up the digital files on your computer and mobile devices.
However, when you try to backup with it, you may meet Seagate Dashboard not working in Windows 10/8/7 issue, which generally shows in 4 situations – Initial job pending, Dashboard freezes after starting your first backup, Service Seagate Dashboard/Mobile Backup Service failed to start and Seagate Dashboard backup not working. Next, this article will walk you through the 4 errors and fix them one by one.
Situations 1: Initial job pending
This error may occur if the task was not created in Task Scheduler. You can first try hitting the refresh button. If the backup job still doesn’t start, you can create a task in Task Scheduler.
Sewing machine embroidery software mac. Embroidery isn’t the cheapest hobby out there.Investing in an embroidery machine would cost you hundreds of dollars.
1. To create a task in Task Scheduler, you should first verify that a nji file was created in the following location:
C:UsersUserNameAppDataRoamingSeagateSeagate Dashboard 2.0Files. You will see a file with your user name nji (UserName.nji). If that was not created uninstall and reinstall the software.
2. Then create task once nji has been verified. Open Computer Manager, locate Task Scheduler, select Create Task.
The action selects ‘New’ put 'C:Program Files (x86)SeagateSeagate Dashboard 2.0NBCore.exe' with quotes in Program Script. In Add Arguments, you will need to put the location of the nji file
C:UsersUserNameAppDataRoamingSeagateSeagate Dashboard 2.0FilesUserName.nji.
Situation 2: Dashboard freezes after starting your first backup
Dashboard freezing after starting your first backup means Seagate Dashboard backup stuck on backup. You can follow the steps below to solve this issue.
Seagate Personal Cloud Manual
1. Reboot the computer. Then open Dashboard and restart the backup.
2. Close the program from the system tray.
3. Right-click the Dashboard icon located on the bottom-right side of the screen. Click ‘Quit’
4. Reopen the Dashboard program and restart the backup.
Situation 3: Service Seagate Dashboard/Mobile Backup Service failed to start.
There are a couple of instances you might encounter Seagate Dashboard won’t open.
1. You are not the Administrator on the computer.
2. Antivirus might cause the conflict with the installation process.
Therefore, to solve this issue, you can do the following:
1. Verify that you are the Administrator or have Admin rights on the computer you are using.
2. Temporarily disabling your antivirus prior to installing the software may also help resolve the issue.
Situation 4: Seagate dashboard installer not working
Seagate dashboard installer not working is very likely cause Seagate Dashboard incompatible with Windows 10. If the current installer is not the latest, you may encounter the Seagate Dashboard installer not working issue. Therefore, to solve this issue, you should download the latest installer from Seagate Dashboard.
Easier way to fix Seagate Dashboard not working
Seagate Dashboard alternative
Besides the issue Seagate Dashboard not working sometimes, it has its own inherent limitations. You cannot configure what drives or folders are included in the backup with Seagate Dashboard. When you use Seagate Dashboard to delete old backups, it will delete all your backups and will not keep a single one for you.
What’s more, the Seagate Dashboard that comes with the drive will not access network drives confirmed by their support, which will bring much inconvenience when you try to backup important files to shared folders or other NAS drives. Therefore, to have a better backup experience, you can use Seagate Dashboard alternative – AOEMI Backupper.
AOMEI Backupper is professional Windows backup and restore software that comes with many powerful features. You can backup system, disk, partition, files as you want. And you can backup all brands disk that can be detected by Windows. It supports to backup to external hard drive, cloud drive, NAS, etc. With this software, you can automatically delete old backups and keep the latest one(s).
Detailed steps to backup disk with alternative to Seagate Dashboard
Step 1. Download AOMEI Backupper and launch this software. Click Backup and then select Disk Backup.
Seagate Personal Cloud Setup
Download Free Trial
Step 2. Choose the disk that you want to backup.
Step 3. Select another location as destination disk.
Step 4. You can click schedule to automatically backup your disk. If you think your backup will take much space, you can click Scheme to automatically delete old backup.
Step 5. Click Start Backup if all the settings are done.
When you find Seagate Dashboard not working, you can follow the above-mentioned methods to solve this issue. Or you can simply use an alternative tool - AOMEI Backupper to solve this issue. Actually, besides the mentioned several errors, you may also meet Seagate Dashboard not detecting device or Seagate Dashboard continuous backup not working. If you use AOEMI Backupper, this will not be an issue anymore, because it can detect any devices that can be detected by Windows.
If you want to protect unlimited computers within your company, you can pick AOMEI Backupper Technician. With the inbuilt AOMEI Image Deploy tool, you are also allowed to deploy/restore system image file on server-side computer to multiple client-side computers over network.