Notational Velocity is a computer program for Mac OS X used for notetaking.It allows users to create notes using solely a computer keyboard and search them using incremental find.Other features include database encryption, basic text formatting, tags and spellcheck. In addition, users can synchronize notes with Simplenote and export to a variety of formats, including plain text, HTML and rich.
Simplenote is a note-taking application with Markdown support. In addition to cross-platform apps, it can be accessed via most web browsers.
Simplenote has an externally accessible API, allowing other clients to be written: macOS Dashboard widget DashNote; nvPY, a cross-platform SimpleNote client; amongst others. In addition, the macOS program Notational Velocity, and the Windows utility ResophNotes, can also sync with Simplenote.
Simplenote was originally developed by Simperium in 2008.
Simplenote Premium was introduced on November 23, 2009. It removed ads and added extra features such as syncing Simplenote with Dropbox.
Automattic acquired Simperium and Simplenote on January 24, 2013. In September, Automattic released an Android version, and later relaunched Simplenote, suspending the premium service and removing ads for all users.
In May, 2016, an official client for Linux for Simplenote was released.
Automattic open sourced code for its iOS, Android, and macOS Simplenote apps in August 2016, making all its client apps open source.
The application was reviewed by Mac Life, reviewed in the book Lifehacker: The Guide to Working Smarter, Faster, and Better, and covered in the book The Business of iPhone and iPad App Development.
- ^Loyola, Roman (27 January 2014). 'Simplenote review: Basic note-taker for Mac bests OS X's Notes'. Macworld.
- ^Dachis, Adam (2011-06-27). 'The Best Syncing Note-Taker for Mac'. Lifehacker. Retrieved 2012-01-11.
- ^Dachis, Adam (2011-05-06). 'ResophNotes Is an Excellent Simplenote-Syncing Notes App for Windows'. Lifehacker. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
- ^Orin, Andy (2015-03-08). 'Behind the App: The Story of Simplenote'. Lifehacker. Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- ^Johnston, Michael (2009-11-23). 'An overview of Simplenote Premium'. Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- ^Fuller, John. 'Simplenote Review'. Macworld.
- ^Johnston, Michael (2013-01-24). 'Simplenote supercharged'. Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- ^Bhushan, Amarendra (September 10, 2013). 'Simplenote Now Available On Android Devices'. CEOWORLD Magazine.
- ^Mullenweg, Matt (2013-09-23). 'On the new Simplenote'. Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- ^'Webzash'. Tuesday, 31 December 2019
- ^https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/11/simplenote-the-planets-most-useful-piece-of-software-is-now-open-source-on-ios-macos-and-android/ .In Dec 2017,simplenote added extra features such as passlock and cloud sync./
- ^Keirn-Swanson, J (22 December 2010). 'App Showdown: Simplenote vs. Notes Plus'. Mac Life.
- ^Pash, Adam; Trapani, Gina (2011). Lifehacker: The Guide to Working Smarter, Faster, and Better. Lifehacker. ISBN9781118133453.
- ^Wooldridge, Dave; Schneider, Michael (2011). The Business of iPhone and iPad App Development. Apress. ISBN9781430233008.
- Official website
- Simplenote on GitHub
Notational Velocity Lifehacker Mac Apps 2017
2.0β5 / 31 March 2011; 9 years ago
|Operating system||Mac OS X|
Notational Velocity is a computer program for Mac OS X used for notetaking. It allows users to create notes using solely a computer keyboard and search them using incremental find. Other features include databaseencryption, basic text formatting, tags and spellcheck. In addition, users can synchronize notes with Simplenote and export to a variety of formats, including plain text, HTML and rich text. It has been recommended along with Simplenote as a solution for taking and syncing notes by both Wired and Lifehacker.
Notational Velocity hasn't seen any development activity since September 2011.
Free phone calls app mac. It also supports voice calls, video calls, and even limited file transfers. It's available on most popular platforms, including several Linux distros, Windows, Mac, and mobile platforms. Anyone with Skype can video and voice call for free. You can call landlines and mobile phones with a nominal fee. So it's about half of a free call app. Aug 16, 2019 This is How you Make Free Phone Calls from your MAC. Google Chat / Video. Gmail web interface offering you free calls to U.S. And Canada at no charge. It is absolutely free. VoiceMac is the best Google Voice client for the Mac. You can send SMS Messages, receive SMS Messages, place.
- ^ abDachis, Adam (27 June 2011). 'The Best Syncing Note-Taker for Mac'. Lifehacker. Retrieved 11 January 2012..
- ^Sorrel, Charlie (27 April 2010). 'Simplenote and Notational Velocity Bring Document Syncing to iPad'. Wired. Retrieved 11 January 2012.
- ^'scrod/nv'. GitHub. Retrieved 6 May 2016.