Mac Weather App Not Working
Do you want to be always updated with the latest weather information? Then installing a weather widget on your Mac might just come in handy. This advanced weather forecasting app not only tells you the weather for the day. It also helps you plan your trips and travels ahead. Instead of opening Google and checking the weather, you will receive updated weather information straight from your Mac menu bar.
Adding a Weather Widget on MacOS
Feb 11, 2020 Open the App Store and redownload the app. Some apps require subscriptions for activation. If you can't activate the app or you don’t remember your sign-in information, contact the app developer. Apple Watch: Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap the My Watch tab. Scroll to the app you want to remove, then tap it. Mar 31, 2019 With this gorgeous Mac weather app, you can easily view the pressure in inches, mm or mbar. In addition to the temperature information, you can get wind chill info, sunrise time, etc. You want to monitor weather at multiple locations; this is the best Mac weather app for your Mac. Next, open the App Store on your iPhone, search for the weather App and Reinstall the Weather App on your iPhone. Update to the Latest Version of iOS. It is likely that your iPhone is not running the latest version of iOS and this is causing the problem with weather App or the Weather widget on your iPhone. Background refresh for the weather app allows the app to use Wi-Fi or cellular networks to refresh the content on the app. It is therefore possible that your weather app is not working because this feature has been turned off. To turn on background refresh for the weather app go to Settings General Background App Refresh and set it to 'WLAN. Aug 23, 2016 weather and My Radar aps not working on this computer all other aps are working windows. This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread. Link in their part of this discussion that says 'Repair Weather App' that would determine the problem and fix the app.
But how do you install a weather widget on your Mac?
To get widgets running on your Mac, you have to enable Dashboard developer mode first. Here’s how you do it:
- Open Terminal.
- Into the command line, input this command: defaults write com.apple.dashboard devmode YES. The Dashboard developer mode should be enabled now.
- Next, go to the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Uncheck the Show Dashboard as a space This will make the widgets float over your desktop.
- Open the Apple menu again and select Log Out.
- Log in again and see if the changes have taken effect.
As soon as the Dashboard developer mode has been turned on, you can easily add the weather widget to the desktop. Follow the instructions below to add the weather widget to your desktop:
- Press F4 to open the Dashboard.
- Click on the weather widget and hold it for a few seconds.
- Hit F4 again.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to add more widgets to your desktop.
From here, you can position the weather widget onto your desktop as desired. However, it is best to position it somewhere unobtrusive because even if it’s on the desktop, it will remain afloat above other open apps and windows, as well as Mission Control.
While it’s exciting to have the weather widget on your Mac, sometimes it just doesn’t seem to cooperate. There are instances when it doesn’t function as it is expected to. So, what should you do if the weather widget is not working in Mojave?
How to Fix a Weather Widget That Is Not Working on Mac?
So, what should you do about your weather widget if it’s not working? How do you fix it? Try any of the fixes below to fix a faulty weather widget on Mojave.
Fix #1: Restart Your Mac.
Sometimes, all your Mac needs is a complete reboot. To restart your Mac, follow these steps:
- Press the Power button.
- A dialog box should appear with a few Power options. Select Restart.
- Alternatively, you can press the Apple key and select Restart.
Fix #2: Clean Your Mac.
Aside from having a problematic weather widget, is your Mac taking forever to boot up? Has it been running a bit slow in the past few days? Then you might need to delete a few unwanted files to clear valuable system space.
To clean your Mac manually, try any of these options:
Run the BC125ATSS programming software, turn on your scanner, and connect it up via the USB cord. If the computer does not automatically run through the installation, select on the TOOLS tab at the top of the programming software and select the COM PORT SETTING option. Select on DEVICE MANAGER. Uniden bc125at software for mac. Aug 20, 2011 If you want to run Mac OS X and Windows at the same time, a VM is perfect. If you upgraded to Mac OS X Lion, you need Windows 7, as Apple® does not support XP/Vista for Bootcamp. If you use an Intel based Mac and Bootcamp, you will need IIRC, XP SP2 or Vista using Snow Leopard.
- Move any files that you no longer use and need to the Trash And then, empty the Trash.
- Transfer your files to an external drive.
- Compress photos and other files.
- Delete spam and unneeded emails. To do this, open the Mail app, select Mailbox, and click Erase Junk Mail.
If you prefer to automate the process of cleaning and optimizing your Mac, download and install Mac cleaning tool. Launch it and run a quick scan. It should then show you a list of all system junk on your Mac. Delete it to give way to more files and to keep it from messing with your system processes.
Fix #3: Use the Terminal Utility.
This may seem a bit technical, but this fix worked for many Mojave users. To use the Terminal utility to resolve your weather widget issues, follow these steps:
- Next, we will show all hidden folders in To do this, open the Terminal utility.
- Into the command line, input this command:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
- Go to System -> Library -> Core Services.
- Find your currently installed weather widget. Right-click on it.
- Hit Open.
- Once the weather widget opens successfully, open the Terminal utility once again.
- This time, input this command:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO
Fix #4: Uninstall the Weather Widget.
If the weather widget still does not work properly, try uninstalling it. Here’s how:
- Press F12 to access Dashboard.
- Hit the Open button in the lower-left portion of the window to open the Widget bar.
- Select Manage Widgets.
- Uncheck the box next to the weather widget.
- Hit Remove.
- Click OK.
- Close the weather widget from the screen.
- Hit the X button to close it.
Fix #5: Consider Using a Weather App.
Okay, before you confuse yourself, let’s differentiate an app from a widget. While an app is a stand-alone program that runs on computers and is usually downloaded, a widget often comes built-in on Macs and needs to be clicked on to run.
If the weather widget fails to open on your Mac, your last option is probably to just use a weather app. Here are the best weather apps for Macs:
1. Weather Dock
Apple Iphone 4 Weather App Not Working
The Weather Dock app shows the weather forecast right on your desktop. It comes in two versions: free and premium. Both versions have an animated dock icon that can be adjusted to run fast, slow, or normal.
2. Weather Live
If you want a weather app that looks classy and elegant, then Weather Live is your best choice. It provides you with moving images on the interface. It also has a ticker that alerts you whenever there are changes in the weather. Its key features include telling the sunset, sunrise, moonrise, and moonset time, as well as day and night time mode.
The Swackett weather app is designed to provide Mac users with fresh weather information straight on the desktop. With this app, you can see hourly weather forecasts for the next five days, fair enough to let you plan your travels.
4. Weather HD
One of the best and most popular weather apps for Mac, Weather HD shows you an animated weather wallpaper that matches the current weather condition. It can detect your primary location and gives weather reports that are automatically refreshed every hour.
5. Forecast Bar
Forecast Bar is one of the simplest yet feature-packed weather apps for Mac. It has loads of customizable settings and comes with UV index and visibility reading features.
Sometimes, you might need detailed weather information straight on your desktop. This is where a weather widget on your Mac comes useful. But then again, no matter how advanced your hardware may be, there are times when you encounter errors with it. Fortunately, you have already come across this post. If you ever come across a problem with your Mac weather widget, you should know what to do.
DOWNLOAD NOW!If you’re running into errors and your system is suspiciously slow, your computer needs some maintenance work. Download Outbyte PC Repair for Windows, Outbyte Antivirus for Windows, or Outbyte MacRepair for macOS to resolve common computer performance issues. Fix computer troubles by downloading the compatible tool for your device.
If you're a business owner and want to correct the information about one of your locations in Maps, sign in to Maps Connect. Learn more about how to use Maps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
If you can't find your current location on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure that Location Services and Maps is set to While Using.
- Make sure that you set the date, time, and time zone correctly on your device. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time. If possible, use Set Automatically.
- Make sure that cellular data or Wi-Fi is turned on, and that you have an active connection.
- Restart the Maps app. Swipe up on the app and pause, then swipe up again on the app preview to close it. Then open Maps again.
- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Try a different location or switch to a different Wi-Fi network.
Location Services uses GPS, Bluetooth, crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspots, and cellular towers to determine your location. Learn more about Location Services on your iOS device.
If you can't find your current location on your Mac
- From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
- Make sure that Enable Location Services is selected. If the lock in the lower-left corner is closed, click it, then enter your username and password.
- Make sure that Maps can determine your location.
- Close the Security & Privacy window.
- Make sure that your Mac is connected to the Internet.
If you need to report an issue in Maps
You can report an issue with the following Maps features:
- Image quality
You can also add a place and edit your home or work address.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
To report an issue, add a place, or edit your home or work address, follow these steps:
- Tap , in the upper-right corner.
- Tap Report an Issue.
- Choose the issue and follow the onscreen instructions.
To allow Apple to contact you with questions about a reported issue on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Maps, scroll to the bottom of the screen and turn on Follow up by Email. Maps uses your default contact.
Weather Channel Apple Not Working On Mac
On your Mac
To report a problem on your Mac, follow these steps:
- From the menu bar in Maps, choose Maps > Report an Issue.
- Choose the issue and follow the onscreen instructions.