iMovie is no longer free for Mac users to edit videos. So you need to look for other free video editing software for Mac (macOS 10.14 Mojave included) as alternative solution. No need to search around the internet, here you can get top 9 free video editor for Mac listed below that are sure to accomplish all your video editing needs. Edit a wide variety of video file formats to make them your own customized movie experience. Add effects, subtitles, music..you name it. When it comes to video editing, your creativity is the limit.
The best video editing software for Mac is Final Cut Pro. It is an Apple product designed to harness the power of Mac computers for speedy and flawless editing. It comes equipped with state-of-the-art video/audio editing tools, including special effects, filters, motion graphics, and an array of enhancements for creating professional videos. Though Mac users don't have the sheer number of software choices available for PCs, Apple fans interested in editing video are well served, by four products in particular. The best video editing software for Mac is Final Cut Pro. It is an Apple product designed to harness the power of Mac computers for speedy and flawless editing. It comes equipped with state-of-the-art video/audio editing tools, including special effects, filters, motion graphics, and an array of enhancements for creating professional videos. IMovie is the best free video editing software for Mac users, as it delivers themes, Hollywood-style trailers and video effects with minimalistic panache, a cinematic flair, and deep integration. Apr 16, 2020 Developed by Black Magic Design, DaVinci Resolve is one of best video editing software for mac out there. In fact, it is the only editor that can do 8K video editing, audio effects, color correction, and post-production effects, all under a single roof. The interface has a dual timeline feature to save our time in video editing.
Top 9 Best Mac Video Editing Software You Should Know
#1. Filmora Video Editor (Mac and Windows)
Why settle for a simple and limited video editor when you can have it all? Filmora Video Editor brings all tools into one amazing program that enables video editing, and is also a video converter. Edit video and convert video at will, for virtually all formats available and a huge array of devices.
Whatever you need, Filmora Video Editor for Mac has it! Or, if you're absolutely just looking for a dedicated video editor, we also have the best solution. Try our Filmora Video Editor for Mac! The best video editor for Mac (macOS High Sierra included) in the market.
- Supports almost all video, audio and image formats.
- Makes amazing movies with 300+ new eye-catching effects.
- Allows you to add music to video or crop/trim/merge videos.
- Full compatible with macOS 10.6 or later including macOS 10.13 High Sierra, and Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista.
Step by Step Guide on How to Edit Videos on Mac using Filmora Video Editor for Mac
Step 1. Import Video
Open Filmora Video Editor for Mac and click on “Import” button on the home screen. Choose “Import Media Files” and select the video file on your Mac that you want to upload. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the video from your local storage to the program window.
Step 2. Edit Video
To edit the video, you need to drag the video to the timeline on the screen.
To cut the video place the pointers on the position that you want to cut the video and click on Scissor button. Alternatively, you can right-click on the video and click on cut or split the video. You can also delete the part that you have cut.
When you click on “Edit” once you right click on the video, you will get basic editing options appear on a window such as brightness, contrast, saturation as well as audio editing options like volume, pitch and noise removal.
For effects click, on the desired effects like overlay. Choose an overlay and drag it to the video. It will appear on the video once you play it.
Step 3. Save the Edited Video
After editing the video, click on “Export” button and select “Output” format. You can also opt to burn video to DVD, export online or save to a device. For Output option, just choose the output format and then select the destination on your folder and export file.
Editing videos on Mac with Filmora Video Editor for Mac is quite simple and fast. Moreover, this video editor for Mac allows you save and share files in different ways.
Avidemux is an open source video editor for Mac that will make encoding, filtering, and cutting a breeze. Incomparison to other video editors for Mac, this video editor for Mac is compatible with different video formats such asDVD, MPEG, AVI, and many more. It also supports some audio formats including WAV, AAC, MP3,among others. If you are a beginner in video editing, there is no need to worry because it's very easy touse and will allow you to edit your video files without experiencing any inconvenience. Like all videoediting programs, this tool is easy to install. It can also be downloaded easily. For first time users, thereis a detailed tutorial provided. It also comes with advanced features that will provide total conveniencefor all users. However, for non-tech savvy people, you might find some of its functions confusing. But,with its user-friendly interface, you won't need to study numerous tutorials.
Blender is an free video editing software for Mac and free 3D rendering program, which features the best list of animationessentials such as modeling, rigging, interface, animation, shading, UV unwrapping, real time 3D gamecreation, and so on. This also has a pack of high-end interface that is loaded with intrinsic and usefultools. But, like most video editors, this has also pros and cons. When compared to some video editors, this video editor for Mac is a video editor that provides professional 3D quality that is available for free. It has a lot of featuresand ideal for every 3D enthusiasts, graphic artists, and designers. It is also versatile and lightweight.Unfortunately, beginners might experience difficulties when using this software. But, luckily, there is amanual that can help you make the most of it. Blender is also compatible with various versions of Windows.
Kdenlive or KDE Non-Linear Video Editor is an open source Mac video editing application. Its package is basedon MLT Framework that focuses on easy to use features and flexibility. When compared to other videoeditors, this supports all formats, which are supported by the FFmpeg including AVI, QuickTime, FlashVideo, WMV, and MPEG. This video editor for Mac also supports 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios for NTSC, PAL, and some HDstandards including AVCHD and HDV. The videos created with this software can be exported to a DVdevice. Users can also write it on a DVD using its simple menu. Kdenlive is also compatible with Linux.But, make sure to check the compatibility of your system to avoid any issues. Most users like this Mac video editing software. However, others have experienced difficulties in using it because of the complexity of its interface. Nevertheless, the manual is of certain help for any doubts.
JahShaka is one of the Mac video editing tools that aim to become an open source, cross-platform, and freevideo editing tool. At present, it is in its alpha stage and supports real time effects rendering. It is bestfor every user who has not yet enough experience using video editors. But, professionals can also relyon this video editing tool. Unfortunately, JahShaka is still lacking some helpful implementations ofnumerous features including the non-linear editing system. This video editing tool was written with theuse of Qt by Trolltech, but the user interface of this software is using the library of OpenGL to make theGUIs. This video editor for Mac is also compatible with Linux and Windows. Nevertheless, this video editing software has someissues. So, before you consider it, see to it that your system is compatible with the program's features toavoid any inconvenience and for you to use it properly.
#6. VideoLan Movie Creator
VideoLan Movie Creator is an video editor for Mac, which is different from VLC Media Player, but they are both developed by VideoLan Organization. The project was developed for playing videos and some media formats. This movie creator is perfect for everyone who wants a program that will provide convenience whenever they are creating movies and videos of high quality. The software is compatible with other operating systems as well.However, there are some issues that were experienced by many users. These issues include sudden crashes of the program. But, overall, VideoLan Movie Creator is a video editor mac that you must try, most particularly if you are just starting to explore movie creation or video editing. The interface of the movie creator is easy to use and simple. So, this just means that there is no need for you to learn more about it as it won't require special skills in order for you to use it.
Mac video editing tool that was developed by Apple for iOS devices (including iPod touch, iPad Mini, iPad,and iPhone) and Mac. Originally released in 1999 as an application for Mac OS 8. The third version ofiMovie was only released for OS-X, but there are modified versions so users can use it properly. iMovie isbest at importing video footage to Mac using the interface of FireWire or through USB. This video editor for Mac also importsphotos and video files from hard drives. With this video editing tool, you can edit video clips, add effectsor music. There is also included a basic color correction option as well as other video enhancementtools. Transitions like slides and fades are also possible. However, even if iMovie is rich in variousfeatures, the effects options are not really very comprehensive, when compared to other editors.
#8. Adobe Premiere Pro
Well, many people heard about Adobe Premiere Pro. This video editor for Mac is a professional Mac video editing software program, which also has Windows version. It is a part of the Adobe Creative Suite for designers and developers. It has both standard and professional features, but you will need some experience to learn working with it. People from all around the work use it because it allows them to perform a lot of actions.
Our last proposition for you is HyperEngine-AV, another free video editing software for Mac. You can capture, edit, and export audio and video files, and even to create quality DVDs with your movies. It offers you twelve studio quality effects, and you can also add info and credits, titles, or karaoke lyrics. We like it a lot because it comes with editable fonts, colors, styles, and many more.
Related Articles & Tips
Now that you have taken excellent aerial shots of, for example, the snow-capped mountain peaks, it is time to edit the DJI drone footage and share it over social media. This is exactly where a DJI video editing software can come to your rescue by transforming the captured frames into pure magic. This article rounds up the best 5 video editors in 2020 for you. And you can get the answers of the following questions:
- 1. Does DJI Have a Video Editor?
- 2. Why Should We Edit DJI Drone Videos on a PC?
- 3. What Do Most DJI Users Do to Edit Their Videos?
- 4. What Are the Top 5 Video Editing Software for DJI Drone Videos?
- 5. How to DJI Video Footages Easily on Windows/Mac?
Does DJI Have a Video Editor?
Yes, DJI users mostly bank on its default application, DJI GO 4 for shooting, editing and sharing videos on their mobile devices. But it doesn’t have any PC version which makes it increasingly difficult for people who are not well at ease with the app functionality.
Why Should We Edit DJI Drone Videos on a PC?
Let us now take a look at some of the inherent loopholes of the DJI GO 4 app which creates the requirement of an on-PC alternative.
• DJI videos are saved in cached versions in the DJI GO app. Thus, if you wish to save it in HD mode, you will have to download its copy from the SD card of your drone to your computer. This can be done either through a card reader or USB cable. And it will be well-reasoned that you proceed with on-PC editing.
• Working on a PC also makes things seem easier as you get to operate on a wider interface where everything can be navigated to without having to break any sweat.
• Smartphones usually are not equipped with adequate memory which is necessary for saving large 4K DJI footages.
What are most DJI used for video editing on Windows or Mac? Today we are going to discuss in brief about the best video editing software for DJI so that you can impart a professional finish to the aerial frames shot with your drone.
What Do Most DJI Users Do to Edit Their Videos?
• Split/Cut: remove any unwanted clips, such as crash from the last flight.
• Correct color/brightness: keep the frames protected from under or over exposure which becomes extremely necessary when the sun is around.
• Stabilize shaky video: remove all signs of shakiness from the captured frames.
• Change speed: creates slow-mo as well as time-lapse videos which are currently in rage amongst media professionals.
• Zoom: as it doesn’t always become possible to fly very close to the target object.
• Mute or reduce noise: remove the interference caused by wind as well as the device itself.
• Some other popular demands on DJI drone video editing are color grading, intra-frame coding, D-log setting, video compression, barrel distortion removal, time remapping, 4K video rendering, tilt shift, camera tracking, overlay, motion tracking etc.
DJI videos usually have high bit depth, high frame rate, ultra-high resolution (such as 4K), high bitrate, etc. The common video editing tools available in the market are inadequate to handle the same and usually succumb to quality degradation as well as crash. This in turn creates the requirement of a professional video editing software which we have listed down below.
The Top 5 Video Editing Software for DJI Drone Videos
#1. VideoProc [Fastest and Easiest for Processing 4K HEVC DJI Videos]
Your search for the fast and easiest video editor of 4K videos ends with VideoProc. The DJI video editing software applies full GPU acceleration while converting audio, video files and DVDs to virtually any other output formats. This in turn helps with processing of Ultra HD files, HEVC videos, high-framerate and lengthy footages quickly and smoothly without making any compromise in terms of quality. VideoProc is a multi-functional video utility which can cater to users of all skill levels coupled with its intuitive and clean interface. Only clicking on the presets, you can receive a fast and high quality result.
• Can process 4K, 5K, 6K and 8K video without succumbing to crashes.
• Allows rotation and flipping of videos as well as adjustment of playback speed.
• Helps with removal of unwanted video sections and joint of any parts flexibly.
• Shaky footages can be stabilized by reducing the noise.
• Can remove fisheye distortion and even stabilize footages.
• Allows the addition of effects such as Noise, Negate, Mosaic and many more.
• Users can add subtitles and even merge different shots having different formats to create a single MKV file.
• Adjustments can be made to different video settings like brightness, saturation, contrast etc.
#2. Adobe Premiere Pro [Best for Backing Up HEVC DJI Videos Data through Adobe Creative Cloud]
This industry-leading video editing software can serve you well while trying to edit the footages captured through your DJI Drone. It can be used as a DJI drone video editor that is powered to the core by Adobe Sensei which helps in crafting polished footages having a professional appeal.
• Has the ability of exporting videos in a variety of formats.
• All the data gets backed up automatically in Apple Cloud.
• Comes with enhanced tracking as well as masking capabilities.
• Footages can be edited in all formats ranging from 8K to virtual reality.
#3. Cyberlink Power Director [Best Choice for 360-Degree Drone Camera Users]
If you have a 360-degree drone camera, then you are bound to feel benefitted from using the Cyberlink Power Director. This versatile tool can proceed with synchronized editing of footages captured using multiple cameras. You can use it as a DJI drone video editing software.
• Vector shapes can be both applied and edited using precise keyframe controls and auto-fit text.
• Motion graphic elements can be merged with the titles of videos to impart a stylish look.
• 18 transition effects can add a professional touch to your captured footages.
• Supports multi-GPU acceleration and OpenCL for editing 4K clips as well as videos without succumbing to system lag.
#4. Davinci Resolve [Free Choice for Easing Out the Post-Production Process]
Video Editing Software Mac Free
This software has gained a lot of popularity amongst professional video editors who make use of the same in free post-production process. A unique thing about Davinci Resolve is that it can handle parallel engines for enhancing the color grading process as well as quality.
Many users assume that QuickTime is only for playing videos however it’s actually a useful tool for many different multimedia functions including recording audio on your Mac. If you do have to purchase a microphone separately you will first have to configure the mic so it can work with your Mac computer. Let’s begin by discussing recording on your Mac with a mic. Microphone recorder app for mac. How to Record Audio on Mac withMost Mac computers come with a built-in microphone but if desired you can purchase a microphone separately and achieve better quality with a high-end studio microphone. Even the microphones found at big box retailers or available online generally produce much better quality than the built-in microphones on most computers.
• Supports real-time video editing in 2K resolution.
• Offers powerful new features like speed wrap, facial recognition etc.
• Both effects and grades can be applied to clips.
• End projects can be directly uploaded to Vimeo and YouTube.
#5. iMovie [Built-in Mac Tool for Amateur Users]
This tool comes built-in to every Mac system and even features an easy learning curve making it ideal for amateur users. iMovie can serve you well if you wish to undertake basic editing work on footages. It features an intuitive design and simple accompanying instructions which can enhance your knowledge about the same.
• Can be used on your iPhone and iPad apart from Mac laptops or PCs.
• Support 4K video editing without suffering quality loss.
• Animated titles and credits can be added to the footages from the dozens of available styles.
• 10 high fidelity video filters can impart a professional look to your movie.
How to Edit DJI Video Footages Easily on Windows/Mac?
It becomes extremely easy to transcode, tweak and adjust (4K/large) videos captured using DJI cameras through VideoProc. Once you have added the video, you will be presented with an array of options which can guide you through the processing part. This also holds true for amateur users who are trying our video processing for the very first time.
1. Convert: You can convert videos by first importing the source video and next selecting the target format before the transcoding process.
2. Cut: You can cut or trim DJI videos by selecting the tool from the Edit toolbar and specifying the position by dragging the dual green knobs.
3. Split: Choose the Split option from the Toolbox and select the parts you wish to keep by moving the dual green knobs.
4. Deshake: Videos can be stabilized by selecting the Deshake option from the Toolbox and trimming the shaky segments by moving the green cursors.
5. Reduce Noise: Drone audio noise can be reduced or removed by selecting the Denoise option from the Toolbox tab and making your selection by moving the green cursors.
6. Merge: Videos can be merged by first loading your preferred clips and clicking on the Merge button appearing on the main interface.
7. Remove Fisheye: Clicking on the Fisheye option from the Toolbox tab can provide you with access to lens correction controls. You can trim the segments having fisheye effect by simply moving the green cursors.
8. Adjust Speed: The feature of playback speed adjusting is somewhat hidden in the DJI video editor. Click any option on the Toobbox of VideoProc, switch to the first option – Audio & Video, glide left or right the control bar and adjust the playback speed from 0.10x to 16x.
You’ll have to change some of them and try to solve the issue.The first stage is to launch “ System Preference” and from there, open “ App Store”. On the “ automatically check for updates” option, toggle it on as well as all the options therein.Your system will then begin searching actively for any app updated including the system updates and they will also be downloaded and installed automatically, as soon as you turn all these options on.You can also check the “app is updated automatically”, and close the App Store app and re-launch it after a few seconds. Once you restart your machine, the App Store will start recognizing the apps that need updating and those that are up to date.Remember, do not restart the system, shut it down and give your processor and OS a fresh start.2Change App Store SettingsIf restarting your Mac doesn’t work, your next recourse should be the App Store Settings.
The Level-3 Hardware Acceleration Technology helps VideoProc in processing videos 47 times faster than its peer tools. All of this is done by diminishing CPU usage for enhancing the longevity of your computer.
We hope our todays discussion could add value to your knowledge about best DJI video editing software. Although each one of them come with their own set of bells and whistles, VideoProc stands out from its peers with its versatile functionality which can help you undertake holistic video processing functions irrespective of your skill level.