Jun 02, 2020 Disk Drill comes with more than just cutting edge, powerful file recovery for Mac OS X. It also includes powerful extra Mac OS X tools for free which are compatible with most modern macOS versions. With all the data you store on your Mac, Disk Drill’s extra tools will give you the peace of mind to know that your files will always be safe. Mac Data Recovery. Best data recovery software for Mac users to recover lost files on Mac. IPhone Recovery for Windows. All-in-one iPhone recovery software to recover iPhone data on Windows. IPhone Recovery for Mac. Restore photos, videos, messages, contacts and more from iPhones in Mac. IBeesoft Recovery Software Supports any file formats. Second, don’t install the SD card data recovery to the device where you want to recover files. Now, get the suitable SD card recovery software to recover files from SD cards. Recuva (Free and $19.95, Windows, Top pick for SD card deleted file recovery) Recuva is a piece of free SD card recovery software for Windows, developed by Piriform. Steps to Recover Deleted Photos and Videos from SanDisk Memory Card on Mac With the Recoverit (IS) for Mac, you can get your files back just like they were before the loss.All you need to do is install this SanDisk memory card recovery software on your mac (El Capitan, macOS Sierr and macOS High Sierr included) and then plug-in the SanDisk memory card that held your files.
- File Recovery Software Mac Free
- Free File Recovery Sd Software For Mac Windows 7
- Free Disk Recovery Software Mac
Are you looking for the best file recovery software? We round up the top 10 best data recovery software to help you. You can use these tools to retrieve lost files, documents, videos, pictures, and more.
Sony nwz e436f charger. Is there any free file recovery software? How can I recover permanently deleted files for free? Where do deleted files or photos go? When you are faced with any one of these questions, what can you do? You can turn to the best file recovery software.
Top 10 Best File Recovery Software in 2020 (Free & Paid)
Deleted files are often still present on your hard drive, USB drive, SD card, etc. and can be recovered using data recovery software. Data recovery software recovers corrupted or deleted data from numerous storage devices. You can use them to restore files, documents, videos, pictures, and more. Here is a list of the top 10 best file recovery software in 2020:
All hope is seemingly lost when you accidentally deleted important files or photos. Fortunately, you can get back lost data with the following data recovery software.
Top 1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard - File Recovery Software for Windows and Mac
Applies to Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP and macOS 10.15 ~ 10.9
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best free file recovery software compatible with both Windows and Mac devices. This data recovery software is straightforward to use. You can retrieve lost files with three simple steps. With this tool, you can undelete files from hard drives, USB flash drive, external hard drives, and more. If your lost data is less than 2GB, you can bring them back without any cost.
- It works well on both Windows and Mac devices.
- The file recovery process is easy and fast.
- You can preview files prior to restoration.
- After the scanning process, you can sort files by file type, date, and name.
- You can repair MP4 or MOV files with this data recovery software.
- You can recover 2GB data for free. If you want to recover more, you need to use the paid version.
Top 2. Stellar Data Recovery - DIY Software for Individuals
Applies to Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP and macOS
Stellar Data Recovery is a tool that helps you to recover formatted, deleted, or lost data. It is a user-friendly application that allows you to retrieve all major file types and formats. If your data is no more than 1GB, you can get it back for free. Stellar data recovery software also allows you to make the free recovery of digital photo and video, audio library, PowerPoint deck, PDF and Word document, Excel workbook, email file, and more.
- It is compatible with Windows PCs and Mac devices.
- It takes three steps to restore deleted files.
- It allows you to select file types before scanning.
- You can preview files before you save them.
- You can only recover 1GB of data for free.
- Pricing starts at $49.99 for the Standard version up to $299 for the Toolkit.
Top 3. File Recovery Software - Recover My Files
Applies to Windows 10, 8 and 7
Recover My Files is a tool that helps you to recover data from hard disk, camera card, USB, Zip, floppy disk, iPod, and other media. With it, you can recover deleted files emptied from the Windows Recycle Bin and files lost due to the format or re-install of a hard drive or files removed by a virus, Trojan infection, unexpected system shutdown or software failure. This software also recovers data from NTFS, FAT(12/16/32), exFAT, HFS, HFS+.
- It is compatible with Windows 10/8/7.
- You can preview files before the recovery process.
- This tool allows you to sort out files by date.
- The free version only allows users to scan & preview deleted and lost data.
- The operation steps are a little bit difficult due to the old-fashioned interface.
Top 4. Windows Files Recovery Software - Recuva
Applies to Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
Developed by Piriform, Recuva recovers files on your hard drive, memory cards, floppy disks, iPod or MP3 player, etc. It can also retrieve data from newly formatted or damaged discs. Recuva can undelete files in Windows 10, Windows 8.1 & 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
- It allows previewing screen before final recovery.
- A wizard walkthrough makes it easy to use.
- It works on most Windows operating systems.
- The free version doesn't support automatic updates, advanced file recovery, premium support, and virtual hard drive support.
Top 5. Data Rescue 5 for Windows File Recovery
Applies to Windows 7 or later and macOS
Data Rescue 5 provides a very intuitive interface with several basic options: Scan a drive to recover files, review a preview scan to make sure you got everything, and manage your drives to help save the data. With it, you can restore lost files after deletion, format, partition lost.
- It allows previewing files before recovery.
- You can locate files by filters or searching.
- This software has a disk clone feature for data protection.
- You can only run a full scan and preview your recoverable files with the demo version. If you want to recover data, you must pay for it.
- The quick scan doesn't work well while looking for some lost files.
Top 6. Windows and Mac File Recovery Software - Disk Drill
Applies to Windows and Mac
Disk Drill is a tool that provides a useful way to attempt recovery of permanently deleted files. It enables users to browse, search, and preview or read deleted files from NTFS and FAT volumes. With this tool, you can retrieve deleted files from flash drives, memory cards, and hard drives. Besides, it can recover any type of deleted files in Windows, including Office documents, messages, and media files quickly and easily.
- It works with several different file systems.
- You can filter the results by size and date.
- It organizes deleted files by category for more comfortable viewing.
- You can only recover 500 MB of data for free. If you want to get back more data, you have to pay for it.
- You can't preview the file before restoration.
Also read:6 Best Free Disk Drill Alternatives for Mac Data Recovery
Top 7. Puran File Recovery
Applies to Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
Puran File Recovery can be used to recover deleted or lost files. Almost everything that is detected as a drive can be scanned irrespective of its file system. Unlike other file recovery software, Puran Data Recovery recovers data from a damaged disk, CD, DVD, and any other media supported by Windows to a selected location.
- It has a very simple interface with a potent recovery engine.
- It works well on almost any Windows device.
- The recovered files can be saved with their path structure intact.
- This software skips bad sectors automatically while recovering files.
- You cannot preview the result.
- You cannot filter the files you want to recover.
- Free for home use only (non-commercial).
Top 8. Windows File Recovery Powered by Microsoft
Applies to Windows 10 2004 and above
With the launch of an app called Windows File Recovery, Microsoft has decided to give us a first-party solution. It's a Win32 command-line app, described as a solution to recovering personal data that may have been accidentally deleted, perhaps while wiping a hard drive. It can recover most file types, with Microsoft listing JPEG, PDF, PNG, MPEG, Office files, MP3, MP4, and ZIP files. The only system requirement is the need to be running Windows 10 2004 or higher.
- It recovers JPEG, PDF, PNG, MPEG, Office files, MP3 & MP4, ZIP files, and more.
- It is totally free to get back deleted files from HDD, SSD, USB, and memory cards.
- It only works on Windows 10 2004 and above.
- You must use the command line to get back files according to the file types.
Top 9. Glary Undelete - Undelete Windows Files
Applies to Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
Glary Undelete is an excellent free file recovery program. This software includes the easy 'Folders' view, an explorer-style view of recoverable file suggesting how likely a successful file recovery will be. It supports multiple file systems like NTFS, EFS, FAT, NTFS. Moreover, it can recover files that the user has compressed or fragmented or even encrypted on NTFS file system.
- It is easy to recover deleted files with a simple interface.
- Explains very clearly whether the file will be recovered fully.
- It is free to bring back lost data or files on Windows.
- The program hasn't updated in a long time.
- Setup attempts to install another program with Glary Undelete.
Top 10. Orion File Recovery
Applies to Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
Orion file recovery software opens with a wizard, which will guide you to either search and recover files or permanently delete files. It is a free file recovery program from NCH Software. This software searches for deleted files that are not overwritten on your computer. The unique feature is that it can permanently erase data from your hard drive to protect privacy.
- You can filters search results by folder, file type, name, and more.
- It provides Recover File Wizard that guides you through the data recovery process.
- This software allows users to erase data.
The scanning process is slightly slow.
You may install other utilities unintentionally during the installation of the software.
How to Recover Deleted Windows Files with the Best Tool
Is your drive starting to fail? Are files suddenly missing? You need to act fast. Use the best free file recovery software to recover deleted files. Here are the steps to get back deleted data or files:
Step 1. Download and open the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. When you open it, you can see all of the disks and partitions on your computer. Select the disk partition or storage location where you deleted your files and click the 'Scan' button to move on.
Step 2. The scanning process starts as long as you click 'Scan'. The quick scan for deleted files won’t take too long to complete.
Step 3. After the scan, click the 'Deleted files' on the left panel that contains all the removed files. You can preview and select files as you need. Then, click 'Recover' to restore the data to a secure location.
There are many more file recovery programs than those listed above. I've only included specific useful file recovery programs that also undelete wide ranges of files. If you still need help with a file recovery issue, you can refer to the comparison table below to get more information.
|Product Name||Recover My Files||Recuva||Disk Drill||Stellar Data Recovery||EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard|
|Scanning Time||1h||> 1h||> 1h||37min||27min|
|Files Found||321,297 files||111,213 files||2,254 files||414,170 files||784,741 files|
|File Size||13.80GB||no size is shown||1.92GB||19.84GB||38.53GB|
Best File Recovery Software FAQs
Free data recovery software can help recover deleted files. If you still have questions, you can read the following questions and answers.
What is the best free recovery software?
The best recovery software at a glance
- 1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- 2. Stellar Data Recovery
- 3. Recover My Files
- 4. Recuva
- 5. Data Rescue 5
- 6. Disk Drill
- 7. Puran File Recovery
- 8. Windows File Recovery
- 9. Glary Undelete
- 10. Orion File Recovery
Can data be recovered from a failed hard drive?
You can recover data from the dead hard drive in full. These files can be retrieved in full. But if you are currently not facing a dead hard disk drive, back up your data to be on the safer place.
Also read:How to recover data from a dead or failed hard drive.
How much does it cost to recover data from a hard drive?
- If your data is no more than 2GB, it is free.
- If your data is more than 2GB, it only costs $69.95 with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
Is it safe to use data recovery software?
Yes, but you must choose a trustworthy data recovery software. Outdated applications and solutions from unknown developers should be avoided because they could make the data loss worse or infect your computer with malware.
My SanDisk SD card got damaged and all my data is lost. Can I get it back by any means? --- from a Quora user
Many SanDisk users feedback this problem, they encountered the data loss when using SanDisk SD card and thought it is difficult to perform SanDisk memory card recovery. Many factors can lead to the loss of data in memory card. Accidentally formatted, virus infected, memory card crashed, etc. all will make your data not be found. If you have these problems, the best method to recover lost data from SanDisk memory card is what you need.
Part 1. Recover SanDisk Memory Card on Mac with Data Recovery Software
If you lost your photos and any file type during transferring the files, or accidentally deleted files from your card or even after formatting your card data, you probably will be pissed off and the good question is if there's any tool that it might help you. Well, yes, there is Recoverit (IS) for Mac that helps you recover deleted photos from the SanDisk card.
The fabulous program offers flexible recovery settings and full preview ability of found files. With this feature, you can check your lost data. You can even pause or stop scanning whenever you want, as well as save the recent scanning result for future use. After the scan, you will be able to find your lost files with file names because the data will be displayed with original file structures and names. You can recover all your lost videos if they are not overwritten or damaged.
Steps to Recover Deleted Photos and Videos from SanDisk Memory Card on Mac
With the Recoverit (IS) for Mac, you can get your files back just like they were before the loss. All you need to do is install this SanDisk memory card recovery software on your mac (El Capitan, macOS Sierr and macOS High Sierr included) and then plug-in the SanDisk memory card that held your files. The software will let you see the files available on the drive that are possible to recover. You can pick those that interest you and proceed with the actual recovery, which only takes a couple of minutes. During the SanDisk data recovery process, ensure that your mac remains powered, and your card stays intact. Now follow the steps below to get back your lost files. (Get More Card Recovery Solutions)
Step 1. Choose Data Types
Insert your SanDisk memory card on your Mac and activate Recoverit (IS) for Mac after installing it in your computer. Now you will need to specify the type of file that you intend to retrieve. If you are unsure, go with the All File Types option and the recovery software will go through every available file and restore it. This option will take longer than when you pick a particular file type, but in either case, you will have your lost files back. Then click on the 'Next' button.
Step 2. Select your Memory Card
Choose your SanDisk memory card that inserted on your Mac. Click the 'Start' button to let the program starts scanning the chosen data types on your memory card.
Step 3. Retrieve Image/Audio/Video from SanDisk Memory Card
Choose the file you want to restore and click the 'Recover' button. Specify a folder to save the file to be recovered and click 'OK' to begin retrieve images/audio/video/documents on SanDisk memory card. Note that the recoverable files can't not be saved back to your memory card immediately in case that the lost file will be overwritten permanently.
File Recovery Software Mac Free
If you don't find your wanted data on the result window, don't worry, Recoverit (IS) provide you with the 'Deep Scan' mode. It will look deep into your memory card and find more results for you.
Video Guide of Recovering Data from SanDisk Memory Card on Mac
Watch the video to learn how to recover SanDisk memory card lost files on Mac with Recoverit (IS) for Mac.
Free File Recovery Sd Software For Mac Windows 7
Part 2. Recover Lost Files from SanDisk Card on Windows (Windows 10 Compatible)
The Recoverit (IS) works well even for lost file recovery by clicking 'Shift and Delete', data cleared from Recycle Bin as well as formatted data. In order to recover your raw file, Data Recovery for Windows scans your device deeply to get the raw file, but using this mode will not display names and the path of those files.
If you need to continue the work later, you are able to save your scan results to perform data recovery later. Basically, the program scans your device and finds all the data that it could recover. After the work is done, you can save it on your computer or other place directly. All well-known memory cards are compatible for using Recoverit (IS) for Windows, like SanDisk card.
Steps to Recover Deleted Files from SanDisk Memory Card on Windows
Your photos, videos and other files from the SanDisk card can be recovered with Recoverit (IS) on Windows operating systems by following the steps below:
Step 1. Connect Your SanDisk Card with the Windows Computer
After you connected the card, run the software on your Windows system. You can easily recover your files by using the 'Quick Scan' in a very intuitive way. You will be prompted to answer at which type of files you need to recover and where you loosed the files.
Step 2. Scan Your SanDisk Memory Card
Select your memory card and then click the 'Start' button to start searching for the lost data. Wait until the scanning process is complete.
Step 3. SanDisk Memory Card Data Recovery
Free Disk Recovery Software Mac
Once the files are found, you will see them in a list. Check the boxes in front of a folder or file and then click the 'Recover' button. Choose the desired folder to save your photos and then click the 'OK' button to restore lost photos from your SanDisk card.
Part 3. Tips for SanDisk Memory Card Data Recovery
1. The reason why lost data on SanDisk memory card can be recovered is that they'll just be marked as inaccessibly data. You can easily get them back before overwritten.
2. Once files stored on your SanDisk memory card are lost, you'd better stop using it immediately to avoid data overwritten and increase the possibility of recovering lost data.
3. To prevent important data like videos and photos from being lost, you're highly recommended to backup them on your Mac.
4. Recoverit (IS) for Mac software works with all storage sizes. Most people have cards that can store at least 2 GB of files and the software will let you get back your photos, documents, music and software from the card irrespective of its storage size.