macOS Catalina introduces Voice Control, a new way to fully control your Mac entirely with your voice. Voice Control uses the Siri speech-recognition engine to improve on the Enhanced Dictation feature available in earlier versions of macOS.1
- App To Control Mac With Iphone
- Iphone App To Control Mac
- App To Control Your Mac From Iphone
- Control Mac Mini With Iphone
How to turn on Voice Control
After upgrading to macOS Catalina, follow these steps to turn on Voice Control:
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Accessibility.
- Click Voice Control in the sidebar.
- Select Enable Voice Control. When you turn on Voice Control for the first time, your Mac completes a one-time download from Apple.2
Voice Control preferences
When Voice Control is enabled, you see an onscreen microphone representing the mic selected in Voice Control preferences.
Aug 23, 2010 Remote Mouse™ turns your iPhone or iPad into a user-friendly remote control for your computer. It simulates the function of wireless mouse, keyboard and touchpad, also provides a variety of specialty control panels, such as Media Remote, Application Switcher and Web Browsing Remote, which helps you perform specific operations more quickly. Jul 16, 2020 Now a new app called Reincubate Camo is out today that lets iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users use the devices as 1080p Mac webcams for video.
To pause Voice Control and stop it from from listening, say ”Go to sleep” or click Sleep. To resume Voice Control, say or click ”Wake up.”
How to use Voice Control
Get to know Voice Control by reviewing the list of voice commands available to you: Say “Show commands” or ”Show me what I can say.” The list varies based on context, and you may discover variations not listed. To make it easier to know whether Voice Control heard your phrase as a command, you can select ”Play sound when command is recognized” in Voice Control preferences.
Voice Control recognizes the names of many apps, labels, controls, and other onscreen items, so you can navigate by combining those names with certain commands. Here are some examples:
- Open Pages: ”Open Pages.” Then create a new document: ”Click New Document.” Then choose one of the letter templates: 'Click Letter. Click Classic Letter.” Then save your document: ”Save document.”
- Start a new message in Mail: ”Click New Message.” Then address it: ”John Appleseed.”
- Turn on Dark Mode: ”Open System Preferences. Click General. Click Dark.” Then quit System Preferences: ”Quit System Preferences” or ”Close window.”
- Restart your Mac: ”Click Apple menu. Click Restart” (or use the number overlay and say ”Click 8”).
You can also create your own voice commands.
Use number overlays to quickly interact with parts of the screen that Voice Control recognizes as clickable, such as menus, checkboxes, and buttons. To turn on number overlays, say ”Show numbers.” Then just say a number to click it.
Number overlays make it easy to interact with complex interfaces, such as web pages. For example, in your web browser you could say ”Search for Apple stores near me.” Then use the number overlay to choose one of the results: ”Show numbers. Click 64.” (If the name of the link is unique, you might also be able to click it without overlays by saying ”Click” and the name of the link.)
Voice Control automatically shows numbers in menus and wherever you need to distinguish between items that have the same name.
App To Control Mac With Iphone
Use grid overlays to interact with parts of the screen that don't have a control, or that Voice Control doesn't recognize as clickable.
Say “Show grid” to show a numbered grid on your screen, or ”Show window grid” to limit the grid to the active window. Say a grid number to subdivide that area of the grid, and repeat as needed to continue refining your selection.
To click the item behind a grid number, say ”Click” and the number. Or say ”Zoom” and the number to zoom in on that area of the grid, then automatically hide the grid. You can also use grid numbers to drag a selected item from one area of the grid to another: ”Drag 3 to 14.”
To hide grid numbers, say ”Hide numbers.” To hide both numbers and grid, say ”Hide grid.”
16 bit apps on mac pc. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums.
When the cursor is in a document, email message, text message, or other text field, you can dictate continuously. Dictation converts your spoken words into text.
- To enter a punctuation mark, symbol, or emoji, just speak its name, such as ”question mark” or ”percent sign” or ”happy emoji.” These may vary by language or dialect.
- To move around and select text, you can use commands like ”Move up two sentences” or ”Move forward one paragraph” or ”Select previous word” or ”Select next paragraph.”
- To format text, try ”Bold that” or ”Capitalize that,” for example. Say ”numeral” to format your next phrase as a number.
- To delete text, you can choose from many delete commands. For example, say “delete that” and Voice Control knows to delete what you just typed. Or say ”Delete all” to delete everything and start over.
Iphone App To Control Mac
Voice Control understands contextual cues, so you can seamlessly transition between text dictation and commands. For example, to dictate and then send a birthday greeting in Messages, you could say ”Happy Birthday. Click Send.” Or to replace a phrase, say ”Replace I’m almost there with I just arrived.”
You can also create your own vocabulary for use with dictation.
Create your own voice commands and vocabulary
Create your own voice commands
- Open Voice Control preferences, such as by saying ”Open Voice Control preferences.”
- Click Commands or say ”Click Commands.” The complete list of all commands opens.
- To add a new command, click the add button (+) or say ”Click add.” Then configure these options to define the command:
- When I say: Enter the word or phrase that you want to be able to speak to perform the action.
- While using: Choose whether your Mac performs the action only when you're using a particular app.
- Perform: Choose the action to perform. You can open a Finder item, open a URL, paste text, paste data from the clipboard, press a keyboard shortcut, select a menu item, or run an Automator workflow.
- Use the checkboxes to turn commands on or off. You can also select a command to find out whether other phrases work with that command. For example, “Undo that” works with several phrases, including “Undo this” and “Scratch that.”
To quickly add a new command, you can say ”Make this speakable.” Voice Control will help you configure the new command based on the context. For example, if you speak this command while a menu item is selected, Voice Control helps you make a command for choosing that menu item.
Create your own dictation vocabulary
- Open Voice Control preferences, such as by saying ”Open Voice Control preferences.”
- Click Vocabulary, or say ”Click Vocabulary.”
- Click the add button (+) or say ”Click add.”
- Type a new word or phrase as you want it to be entered when spoken.
- For the best performance when using Voice Control with a Mac notebook computer and an external display, keep your notebook lid open or use an external microphone.
- All audio processing for Voice Control happens on your device, so your personal data is always kept private.
- Use Voice Control on your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Learn more about accessibility features in Apple products.
App To Control Your Mac From Iphone
1. Voice Control uses the Siri speech-recognition engine for U.S. English only. Other languages and dialects use the speech-recognition engine previously available with Enhanced Dictation.
2. If you're on a business or school network that uses a proxy server, Voice Control might not be able to download. Have your network administrator refer to the network ports used by Apple software products.
With the advancement of technology, you can now control PC using your iPhone. Through this function, you can easily do your task even if you are not in front of your computer. Yet there are also times that you need to do your task on the computer and manage your iPhone at the same time. In this case, you need a tool to help you control iPhone from computer. This is useful when you want to respond to notifications or reply to text messages on your iPhone. In this article, we will show you one of the recommended ways to control your iPhone using computer.
How to Control iPhone from PC
This program released by Cydia works for jailbroken devices. If your device is already jailbroken, you can now use Veency to take control of your iPhone from your PC running Windows, Linux and Mac. With the help of this tool, you can access controls including, lock and menu button, touch screen, and even type using the keyboard of your computer. So, if you want to access your phone from the comfort of your computer and with the benefit of a bigger screen, this program is for you. Now to control iPhone from computer, see the simple guide below.
Control Mac Mini With Iphone
- Launch Cydia on your jailbroken iOS device and update any repositories needed then proceed with the following steps.
- Now, search for “Veency” app and install it on your iPhone.
- After the installation, proceed by tapping the “Restart Springboard” and wait for Cydia to work. Once done, it should be available on your settings. Next, find the Veency entry on your iPhone settings. From there, toggle the “Show cursor” to on. After the procedure, your iPhone is ready to be controlled remotely.
- Make sure to connect your iPhone and PC to the same wireless network. On your iOS device, navigate to “Settings” followed by “Wi-Fi”, tap the small “i” next to the network then find your IP Address and take note of it.
- Now launch the VNC Viewer on your PC and type in the IP Address based on your iPhone. you will then see your iPhone being displayed on your PC screen. You can now remote control iPhone from PC and do many things like streaming media and composing SMS using your PC.
Additional Tip: ApowerMirror
With the help of Veency, it’s now possible to control iPhone from your computer. Yet in case you only need to reflect your iPhone to PC for a much wider display, then you may use ApowerMirror. It is a popular screen mirroring program which allows users to cast iPhone or Android device to PC with high-quality. Unlike the other app which lags when you reflect phone to PC, this app lets you enjoy a responsive mirroring process. Aside from that, it has a whiteboard marker function which lets you draw lines and shapes on screen. Hence, you can conduct a presentation even if you only have iPhone as your remote to access computer. Moreover, its desktop program allows you to adjust your AirPlay resolution to get the best display quality.
You might need to respond to alerts or SMS from your iPhone. Whatever reason it may be, you can now take control iOS from PC through the use of Veency. You might find the procedure a bit confusing, but the result is worth all that. We also recommend you to use ApowerMirror when you need to mirror your iOS device on your PC.