- Cura 3d Printing Software Mac
- Cura 3d Printer Software Mac Reviews
- Cura 3d Printer Software Mac Download
|Developer(s)||David Braam, Ultimaker|
|Stable release||4.6.1 (April 29, 2020; 2 months ago) [±]|
|Written in||C++, Python, QML|
|Operating system||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Available in||15 languages|
English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Finnish, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Japanese
|Type||3D printer slicing application|
Cura is an open source slicing application for 3D printers. It was created by David Braam who was later employed by Ultimaker, a 3D printer manufacturing company, to maintain the software. Cura is available under LGPLv3 license. Cura was initially released under the open sourceAffero General Public License version 3, but on 28 September 2017 the license was changed to LGPLv3. This change allowed for more integration with third-party CAD applications. Development is hosted on GitHub. Ultimaker Cura is used by over one million users worldwide and handles 1.4 million print jobs per week. It is the preferred 3D printing software for Ultimaker 3D printers, but it can be used with other printers as well.
About Ultimaker Cura. Trusted by millions of users, Ultimaker Cura is the world’s most popular 3D printing software. Prepare prints with a few clicks, integrate with CAD software for an easier workflow, or dive into custom settings for in-depth control. Cura is an open source slicing application for 3D printers. It was created by David Braam who was later employed by Ultimaker, a 3D printer manufacturing company, to maintain the software. Cura is available under LGPLv3 license. Nov 22, 2019 Application version Cura 4.4 Mac Printer Cr10spro Reproduction steps Open Cura 4.4 Actual results 'Ultimaker Cura' cannot be opened because Apple cannot check for malicious software. Expected results Open the program Additional information. Jun 18, 2020 Ultimaker Cura is an application for 3D printing with the Ultimaker 3D printer and for other RepRap based printers. Cura Connect lets you manage your entire 3D printing workflow with ease. Start print jobs on multiple network-enabled Ultimaker 3D printers, monitor progress, and keep track of maintenance operations, all from a single interface.
Ultimaker Cura works by slicing the user’s model file into layers and generating a printer-specific g-code. Once finished, the g-code can be sent to the printer for the manufacture of the physical object.
Cura 3d Printing Software Mac
The open source software, compatible with most desktop 3D printers, can work with files in the most common 3D formats such as STL, OBJ, X3D, 3MF as well as image file formats such as BMP, GIF, JPG, and PNG.
Major software versions
7-Jun-2016 Ultimaker announced the new Cura major release 2.1.2, superseding the previous 15.04.6 version (note the non-sequentiality in the major version numbers).
Sept 2016 Version 2.3 was a major release. It includes new printing profiles, slicing features, as well as increasing speed. It also supported the dual extrusion possible with the Ultimaker 3 model
17-Oct-2017 The current major version, Version 3.0 updated the user interface and allowed for CAD integration. This was the first version with plugin support.
Nov 2017 - Cura Connect was released to enable users to control, monitor, and configure a group of network-enabled 3D printers from a single interface.
October 2018 - Beginning with version 3.5, all files are saved in the 3MF format for improved compatibility with other 3D software. Hotkeys were introduced as well as a searchable profile guide. 
Nov 2018 - Version 3.6 introduced material profile support for materials made by major manufacturers such as BASF, DuPont, Clariant, and other members of the Materials Alliance Program consortium. 
Note: starting with Cura version 3.1, USB connected printers are supported. If you have a USB only printer or wish to use USB connectivity, Cura 3.1 or later must be used.
March 2019 - Version 4.0 released. Significant changes to the user interface were made. In support of plugin capabilities, a star-based rating system was incorporated to allow users to rate plugins. Cloud-backup functionality was added as well as support for more third-party printers.
Release 3.0 introduced plugin capability. Users can develop their own plugins or use plugins commercially available. Plugins simplify workflow for users by allowing them to quickly perform tasks like opening a file from a menu or exporting a file from an application. Starting with Release 4.0, users can rate plugins using a star system. 
Current plugins include: SolidWorks, Siemens NX, HP 3D Scanning, MakePrintable, AutoDesk Inventor.
On August 31, 2014 Cura was included in a review of 3D slicing software by Think3DPrint3D
In the summer of 2015, Ultimaker released Cura 2.0.
With all the other good BitTorrent clients out there for the Mac now, it's hard to make the case for using the official BitTorrent client for downloading torrents. (Note that this confusingly named application shares its name with the company, entertainment network, and popular protocol BitTorrent.) The current interface is much more clean and useful than in previous iterations, and BitTorrent does deliver on what it promises, with features like automatic port mapping and local peer discovery. Bit ten software for mac free. Overall, we think BitTorrent does a fairly good job, but with some slow response times, a lack of development, and a noticeably aged interface, you might want to look elsewhere. But with well over a year since the last update and scant documentation, BitTorrent just hasn't kept up with the competition.
On January 1, 2018, All3DP named Cura one of the best 3D slicer software tools.
VersionReleased DateFile SizePowerISO v7.7 (32-bit)June 23, 20206922 KBPowerISO v7.7 (64-bit)June 23, 20206980 KBNew Features in v7.7:.Support LVM partition.Can test disc sectors.Some minor bug fixes and enhancements.Freeunregistered versions will allow you to evaluate the software for free todetermine if it suits your needs. All rights reserved. Click 'Download' to download andinstall the software.Theunregistered version will display a dialog prompts you to register, and you cannot create or edit image files greater than 300MB with the unregistered version.To remove these limitations, please.Other downloads:Click the below links to downnload PowerISO for other operating systems:.Copyright 2004-2020 Power Software Ltd. Cd image mounting software mac.
In 2019, Cura was named one of the top free 3D printing tools by the industry blog, G2
Cura was named Software Tool of the Year at the international 2019 3D Printing Industry Awards ceremony in London.
- ^ ab'Release 4.6.1 · Ultimaker/Cura'. GitHub.com. Ultimaker. Retrieved 1 June 2020.
- ^'Cura home page'. Ultimaker. Ultimaker. Retrieved 31 December 2016.
- ^ ab'Cura Github development page'. GitHub. Retrieved 18 October 2017.
- ^'Changing AGPLv3 to LGPLv3'. GitHub. Retrieved 18 October 2017.
- ^ ab'Ultimaker Cura and Cura Connect launch at TCT 2017'. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- ^'Which 3rd party printers are supported?'. Ultimaker. Ultimaker. Retrieved 31 December 2016.
- ^MANUFACTUR3D (2019-07-01). 'Ultimaker Moves to New Headquarters as Company Expands on Global Scale'. MANUFACTUR3D. Retrieved 2019-07-03.
- ^ abc'17 Best 3D Slicer Software Tools for 3D Printers (Most are Free) All3DP'. All3DP. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- ^'Cura 2.1.2 has been released'.
- ^'Cura 2.3 Update: New Features, Major Improvements on the 3D Slicer All3DP'. All3DP. 2016-09-02. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- ^'Ultimaker launches Cura 3.0 slicing software'. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- ^Davies, Sam (2017-11-07). 'Ultimaker announces availability of Cura Connect'. TCT Magazine. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- ^Watkin, Hanna (2018-10-09). 'Cura 3.5 Update: New Slicing Features and Improved UX All3DP'. All3DP. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- ^'Ultimaker Announces Alliance Partnership Program for Engineering Materials at RAPID 3DPrint.com The Voice of 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing'. 3dprint.com. 2018-04-24. Retrieved 2018-11-28.
- ^Griffiths, Laura (2018-11-15). 'Ultimaker introduces optimised 3D printing material profiles for BASF, Clariant, DuPont and more'. TCT Magazine. Retrieved 2018-11-28.
- ^'Ultimaker'. Ultimaker.com. Retrieved 2018-09-06.
- ^ ab'Ultimaker Cura 4.0 Released with Improved User Interface and Updated Custom Mode Panel'. All3DP. 2019-03-19. Retrieved 2019-03-26.
- ^'Cura 3.0 Brings Shiny UI, Fractal Infill Patterns, and 3rd Party Plugins All3DP'. All3DP. 2017-10-17. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- ^4DR, DEVELOP3D, X3D Media Ltd. 465C Hornsey Road, 1st floor, Unit 7, London N19. 'DEVELOP3D blog - Ultimaker Cura software adds 3rd-party CAD integration and 3D print farm management'. DEVELOP3D. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- ^'MakePrintable Integrates with Cura — MakePrintable.com'. MakePrintable.com. 2017-10-23. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- ^Davies, Sam (2018-03-15). 'Ultimaker integrates HP 3D scanning technology with Cura 3D printing software'. TCT Magazine. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- ^'5 Must-Have Cura Plugins to Pimp Your Printing'. All3DP. 2019-01-12. Retrieved 2019-09-25.
- ^'Slicing software printed support review - evaluating Slic3r, Cura and Meshmixer'. blog.think3dprint3d.com. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- ^'Cura Gets a Facelift: Ultimaker Releases Overhaul on Cura Software 3DPrint.com The Voice of 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing'. 3dprint.com. 2015-06-30. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- ^'Ultimaker releases the latest version of their free Cura software'. 3ders.org. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- ^'Big Updates for 3D Printing Slicers Make:'. Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers. 2015-07-10. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- ^Gigante, Michael. '8 Best Free 3D Printing Software to Try in 2019'. learn.g2.com. Retrieved 2019-07-03.
- ^'2019 3D Printing Industry Awards winners announced'. 3D Printing Industry. 2019-06-11. Retrieved 2019-07-08.
macOS 10.12 Sierra or later
Author / Product:
Ultimaker BV / Ultimaker Cura for Mac
Cura 3d Printer Software Mac Reviewsis the world’s most popular 3D printing software. Prepare prints with a few clicks, integrate with CAD software for an easier workflow, or dive into custom settings for in-depth control.
Cura 3d Printer Software Mac Download
At the heart of Cura is its powerful, open-source slicing engine, built through years of expert in-house development and user contributions. If you own a 3D printer, software matters. Get the most from your printer with software designed to suit your workflow. Manufacturing doesn’t need to be complicated.
Trusted by millions of users across 14 languages, Cura for macOS slices your model and integrates with any workflow through Marketplace plugins. Then scale production and digital distribution with Ultimaker Cloud.
Ultimaker offers the widest material choice on the market. Through Material Alliance, choose the perfect filament for your application – from advanced polymers to carbon fiber composites.
Features and Highlights
- Intent profiles print specific applications at the click of a button
- Recommended profiles tested for thousands of hours ensure reliable results
- ‘Custom mode’ gives over 400 settings for granular control
- Regular updates constantly improve features and printing experience
- Seamless integration with all Ultimaker products
- CAD plugin integration with SolidWorks, Siemens NX, Autodesk Inventor, and more
- Compatible file types: STL, OBJ, X3D, 3MF, BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG
- Prepare your 3D model for print in minutes with recommended settings
- Simply choose speed and quality settings, and you can start printing
- Ultimaker Cura is a free and open-source software
- Download material profiles from leading brands for your application
- Avoid manual setup when using third-party materials
- Download useful plugins to customize the print preparation experience, star-rated by community
Also Available: Download Cura for Windows