Nowadays we’re so used to easily accessing video content online that we don’t even think about saving videos on our devices. And it’s all fun and games until we’re on a plane or in the countryside without an Internet connection. That’s the moment when you wish you were thinking ahead and have used a tool to download online videos on Mac. And this is not the only situation in which a reliable video downloader will totally change your experience.
- Best Mac Software To Download Youtube Videos To Mp3
- Youtube Downloader For Mac Free
- Best Mac Software To Download Youtube Videos Download
Mar 10, 2020 4. Apowersoft Video Downloader. This app lets you convert videos to other file formats suitable for devices like iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, PSP, Kindle Fire, HTC One, etc. Additionally it lets you download high resolution videos from lots of websites including but not limited to YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook.
Organizing movie night at your place and the weather outside makes the Internet connection unstable is another excellent example in which you would have avoided a lot of embarrassment if you knew how to download online videos on Mac. But since you’re already on this page, it means you won’t ever have to go through any of these situations again because we’re giving you the best method to download any video online - VideoDuke.
Downloading online videos on Mac at glance
1. VideoDuke as one of the methods to download online videos on Mac
Before giving you the full instructions on how to use VideoDuke and download absolutely any video, no matter the website it is uploaded on, format or quality, let’s start by introducing VideoDuke and its functionalities. For starters, you should know that this software does not only offer a video download, it’s basically an all-in-one studio for building your offline video library and tuning the videos to perfection.
So, besides giving users the possibility to download videos from extremely popular platforms like YouTube, Dailymotion or Vimeo, VideoDuke can also take care of the album art, subtitles and other elements on the websites that can be downloaded along with the videos. You can choose from a very generous list of formats to save your videos in and the quality settings are just as many with everything from 8K to 144p.
VideoDuke comes with two operating modes, Simple and Advanced. If you only want to grab an online video and saved it on your Mac, the Simple mode is what you want because it will save MP4 videos in a long list of resolutions. However, if you’re all about downloading other elements from the websites like animations, photos or audio with endless settings to the final files and the destination where everything gets saved, go with the Advanced mode.
2. How to download YouTube videos on Mac OS X
As mentioned above, VideoDuke is the tool that you can use to download online videos from any website on Mac. However, since YouTube is the most popular video sharing platform, it is only natural that we start with this website in our guide on how to download content with VideoDuke. So, here are the steps you should follow to get any video you wish from YouTube.
- First things first, download and install VideoDuke on your Mac.
- After install is complete, run the app and make sure to select YouTube when prompted. This will enable you to browse YouTube directly from VideoDuke to locate the videos, playlists or channels you intend to download.
- Once the video is located, you won’t have to do anything other than clicking on the ‘Video’ tab where the download is already being prepared. Here, you can choose the format and then the desired resolution before starting the download.
- The alternative of navigating YouTube in VideoDuke is directly pasting the URL for the video in the software interface. If you already have the link, paste it and the download will start right away.
- No matter the way you decide to use when accessing the video, the file will be downloaded automatically to the default folder Download -> VideoDuke. And for changing the destination, just open the Preferences tab and click on Save files to.
- Both methods of downloading will also include any subtitles or close-caption if the original video has any.
- Besides that, you can save entire playlists and channels with VideoDuke. The resolutions settings remain the same, between 144p all the way to 4320p.
3. How to save video from Dailymotion on Mac
We’re continuing our guides on how to use VideoDuke on various video streaming websites with the one for Dailymotion. Less popular than YouTube, this website still enjoys millions of views daily and there are a lot of users that want to save the videos here on their computers. Here’s how:
- Before you download online videos on Mac, you need to download VideoDuke.
- Launch the app as soon as the installer is finished and, when prompted, choose Dailymotion from the list of three websites. Just like with YouTube, you can now freely browse the website and locate the video you need.
- After the video is in sight, simply switch to the Video tab where you will see the same video, being ready for download. Resist pressing the Download button just yet because you will first need to select the MP4 format and the resolution. After all this is complete, go ahead and click on Download.
- Just like in our previous example, you can also skip the browsing part if you already have the URL for the Dailymotion video. In this situation, simply paste it in the interface and you will jump directly to the download screen where you will still be able to select MP4 format and resolution.
- Both browsing Dailymotion from VideoDuke and pasting the URL in the search box will send the final file in Download -> VideoDuke and this destination can be changed from the Preferences menu, by clicking on Save files to.
4. Downloading Vimeo videos on macOS
Even though you most probably got the hang of how to download online videos on Mac, we want to cover all the major streaming websites. So, after doing YouTube and Dailymotion, the obvious choice for the next website was Vimeo. The process is similar, however, we built a customized step-by-step guide for our readers:
- Install VideoDuke on your computer after downloading it from our official website.
- Launching the app is the next step while you need to make sure to select Vimeo in the main window. This opens Vimeo in VideoDuke’s interface and gives you freedom of browsing to identify the video you want.
- After selecting the video you wish to download, it will already be prepared for download in the Video section. Make sure to select the MP4 format and the wanted resolution before starting the download.
- There’s another way for the entire process, by pasting the URL of the video you wish to grab. If you already have this URL, paste it directly in the program interface and it will take you directly to the step of selecting resolution and format.
- No matter if you paste the URL directly or you browse Vimeo, your videos will be saved to Download -> VideoDuke. As always, changing the destination can be done from VideoDuke preferences by accessing the Save files to option.
5. Download online videos from any website on Mac
Having dealt with the most popular websites that host video content, it’s time to share even more good news with you. VideoDuke does not stop at the most popular, this is the tool to use when you wish to download online videos from any website on Mac. So, here are the general guidelines to use when downloading from any other website out there:
- Download and add VideoDuke on your Mac.
- Go to the website where the video is posted and grab the URL.
- Open VideoDuke and paste the link in the search box, the video will be prepared for download in no time.
- Make sure to select the desired format and resolution before clicking on Download.
- Final video will be stored to Download -> VideoDuke and for changing that folder, you need to access the Save files to option from the Preferences menu.
6. Why is it better to use VideoDuke?
To answer this question, we’re going to list the main advantages and features brought by VideoDuke. This way, you will be able to tell for yourself that this is the absolute best software for downloading videos to Mac.
Download All Types of Online Videos
VideoDuke can handle all formats and types of online videos out there. You get to choose from an extra-wide variety of formats and resolutions to make your viewing experience as qualitative as possible. This all-in-one download tool delivers instant access to all types of online videos and converts them to files on your device, available offline.
Browse the Best 3 Video Hosting Platforms Directly
Besides giving you a lot of options when it comes to downloading videos, VideoDuke makes it possible to browse YouTube, Dailymotion and Vimeo directly in its interface. This means a lot of time saving on your part for not having to go to the website separately and grab the URL for the videos you wish to download.
If you don’t want to wrap your head around all those various quality settings, types of formats and what not, the Simple mode of VideoDuke will allow you to download videos in just a few seconds. In Simple mode, you just paste the URL and you’re good to start the download.
This is where the true force of VideoDuke gets unleashed. The Advanced mode gives you all the power you could ever dream of when it comes to downloading videos from the Internet. Tuning the files to perfection while being able to download audio, animations, graphics and even scripts from the hosting website is what Advanced mode can do.
With VideoDuke you will never forget adding a video to your collection. Thanks to the bookmarking functionality, you will be able to make a list of the wanted videos and then make sure you get each and every one of them.
Extract Audio from Online Videos
Besides downloading videos in a wide array of formats and quality settings, VideoDuke makes it possible for users to build a music playlist offline. Grab MP3 files from YouTube videos and save them on your devices.
No matter if we’re talking about videos or audio downloading, you can get entire playlists in one move with VideoDuke. That means you’ll be saving a lot of time for not having to go through videos one by one. Just build a playlist online and then use VideoDuke to download the entire playlists.
If any of the videos you’re downloading with VideoDuke contains subtitles, you will be able to get the video and the subtitles as well. No matter if we’re talking about lyrics or closed-captions, VideoDuke will handle any type of text associated with the video.
VideoDuke doesn’t want users to take a leap of faith when it comes to using their software. This video downloader comes with two free downloads with all features activated so you can witness its power firsthand.
After reading this article you will no longer feel lost whenever there’s no Internet connection available. Now you know that VideoDuke helps you download online videos on Mac and you can always use it to build video and audio playlists on your devices. Thank you for going through our article and don’t hesitate to share your own solutions on how to download online videos on Mac.
If you are looking for the best YouTube downloader for Mac, then you are in the right place. With a ton of free software out there for this purpose, it can be hard to find a proper one. That is why we have scoured the Internet to compile the list of the best.
We will take a look at the best and note that these aren’t listed in any specific order. They all have their own pros and cons and you can choose whatever suits you best.
- 1 Best Youtube Downloader for Mac
Best Youtube Downloader for Mac
This is a list of the best software you can use to download videos on Mac. Remember that all of them can download videos from other websites too unless stated otherwise.
Best Mac Software To Download Youtube Videos To Mp3
1. WinX YouTube Downloader
Not long after YouTube started becoming popular, downloaders started popping up that allowed users to download the posted videos. WinX is one of the best and the simplest YouTube downloader for Mac out there. All you have to do is visit the official YouTube website and copy the URL of the video you want to download and press Analyze. You will get to choose the format and the resolution of the video, including 4K if available. It can also download videos from other websites.
There are nice additional built-in features like setting the default resolution and you can also choose to download via proxy. The best part is that you get to download multiple videos at the same time. You can download WinX Mac YouTube Downloader for free here.
ArtRage is an art program primarily for Windows and Mac, but also has app versions for iOS and Android. It packs in a good range of painting features, such as pencils, pens, and oil painting. Check Out Krita. Price: Free Platforms: Mac, Windows, Linux. Krita is a free open source digital painting program designed for cartoonists, illustrators, concept artists, and pretty much all digital artists. The software was initially developed as a general image editing competitor to Photoshop but focused their efforts on digital painting starting in 2009. Apr 10, 2020 MediBang Paint is a simple to use, yet incredibly powerful tool that works great for novices and veteran illustrators alike. Similar to Krita, the software is more geared towards comic book artists but it can be used for sketching as well. As you might have guessed, there are a bunch of different tools to create intricate graphics. Mac drawing paint art software online. Jun 19, 2020 Krita is professional-quality drawing software created by a team of artists with the noble aim of putting top-notch creative tools within reach of everyone. You can use Krita for any kind of. May 26, 2020 Paintbrush: A one-to-one Paint alternative for Mac Of course, some people might find Preview’s hidden photo editor to be too complex. If you want something stripped down and simple (basically Paint.
2. Softorino YouTube Converter 2
Softorino YouTube Converter 2 ( SYC2 for short ) is a very capable YouTube downloader for Mac. But it is also a very good video converter. You can convert the downloaded video to any format you like and it is not just limited to YouTube videos. It can also download 4K videos and supports 360-degree videos for VR. Just like WinX YouTube Downloader, you can also choose from the available format and resolution after you paste the video URL.
To install this application, you can click here. The free version is actually good enough for most users.
Youtube Downloader For Mac Free
Airy is one of the simplest looking YouTube Downloader out there. But it’s simple design keeps everything very clear and straightforward. It is also filled with unique features and they include downloading an entire YouTube channel’s videos and private videos. The downloader also lets you pause and resume an ongoing download without any hassle whatsoever.
You can download and install this app from the Airy website.
ClipGrab is another superb app for the Mac that is used by a lot of users. It’s free and extremely simple to use. Along with the usual YouTube download features, ClipGrab can automatically detect any video URL on the clipboard and start download automatically. There are two versions of this freeware. ClipGrab for Mac needs macOS 10.10, including Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, EI Capitan & Yosemite. The legacy version only works on Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, and Snow Leopard, etc. The only problem with ClipGrab is you can only download a video in the resolution of up to 1080p.
You can grab ClipGrab (See what I did there? ) here.
May 01, 2013 Yes, you can do that. However, some commercial programs know they have been moved to a different machine and will require that you re-enter the license key. It may be better to try cloning one machine to the other. Just connect them by Firewire cable. Feb 24, 2009 Yes you can drag and drop Photoshop and Micorsoft Office Just to clarify out of all the responses, I have successfully transferred Photoshop CS and Microsoft Office 2004 from one mac to. Can you drag an app from one mac to another. For example, with Yoink you’ll be able to move an item from one folder to another without having to open side-by-side windows. The app is also great for gathering items from various locations—simply drag everything to your shelf (and create a stack, if you like). Mac apps are great in the sense that they are mostly portable—all you need to migrate an app is drag it from one computer to the other (with a few exceptions: bigger apps like Final Cut or Adobe. On your Mac, select an item you want to drag—such as an image or block of text. Press and hold the trackpad or mouse while you drag the item to a new location. To copy the item, press and hold the Option key while you drag. Release the trackpad or mouse to drop the item in the new location.
5. 4K Video Downloader
This is one of the best and feature-filled YouTube downloader for Mac out there. 4K Video downloader has a ton of formats you can download. It is also extremely simple to use and has no ads. Just like the name suggests, you can download 4K videos without any issues.
The paid version lets you download playlists but the free version should be great for most people. You can get the application here.
6 Free YouTube Download
Free YouTube downloader does exactly what its name suggests. But you would be mistaken to think that that’s all it is capable of. The best part about this software is that it is very fast when you consider its download speed. You can manually copy-paste the URL in the application to download it or you can just press Download when it pops up on your browser. This feature is supported by Chrome, Safari, and FireFox.
Best Mac Software To Download Youtube Videos Download
You can download Free YouTube Downloader using this link.
7. MacX YouTube Downloder
MacX is a great tool to download videos from YouTube. It does not do anything that is extremely unique, but it does its basics amazingly. Supported across most Apple devices, MacX also lets you download at 4K without any issue. The latest update lets it detect a video URL 5 times faster than earlier.
You can download MacX using this link.
8. Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter is a nice software to have if you also want a decent video editor. It is also a great YouTube downloader for Mac and it supports a wide variety of formats. Its paid version allows you to download multiple videos at a time but the free version only allows single videos at a time. But if you don’t need to download videos in bulk, the free version works perfectly.
You can download this software here. Make sure you uncheck the bundled software when you install it.
The main selling point of 5K player is that you can now download videos with an 8K resolution if you so choose to.
You can download this cool application for free here.
Downie is another extremely popular downloader for YouTube. It is filled with features and you cannot go wrong with it. It allows you to even download multiple videos at a time. Downie also lets you search for the video you want from the app itself, so you don’t even have to visit YouTube to copy the URL. It also integrates with your browser and lets you download within it.
This app is recommended and you can install it using this link. It costs $19.99.
21 Free YouTube downloaders for Macbook
Here’s a list of 21 YouTube downloader for Mac including the ones listed in the section above.
- WinX YouTube Downloader
- Softorino YouTube Converter 2
- 4K Video Downloader
- Free YouTube Downloader
- MacX Youtube Downloader
- Any Video Converter
- Gihosoft TubeGet
- Any Video Converter
- YouTube Video Downloader
- iTube Studio
- Total Video Downloader
- Wondershare AllMyTube
- Parallels ToolBox
- ApowersoftaTube Catcher
That is all of the useful YouTube downloaders for Mac. hope this list was helpful to you and you can now enjoy any video offline. Please leave a comment down below if you have any doubts or suggestions.