- Best Mac Recovery Software Free
- Best Mac Recovery Software 2017 Download
- Best Mac Recovery Software 2017 2018
- Best Mac Recovery Software 2017 Free
- Best Mac Recovery Software 2017 Download
Top 6 Best Data Recovery Software for Mac Users. If you want to recover accidentally deleted important data and wondering what are the best data recovery software for Mac, without further ado, let’s explore best data recovery software that you can get for your Mac. Jul 03, 2020 Recuva is the very best free data recovery software tool available, hands down. It's very easy to use but has many optional advanced features as well. Recuva can recover files from hard drives, external drives (USB drives, etc.), BD/DVD/CD discs, and memory cards. Recuva can even undelete files from your iPod!
Last updated on December 18th, 2019 at 10:24 am
Nov 06, 2019 Best Data Recovery Software of 2019. Top 5 Best File Recovery Software for Windows & Mac Download full version. Data recovery apps are a dozen bucks today. With the release of recovery software on an almost daily basis, it can be very difficult to sort and identify the best app to restore data from storage devices like memory cards, hard drives.
This is the reason why you must keep your data always having a backup so that you must not lose anything. But don’t be panic. If you haven’t done the backup till now, start doing it. And in this tutorial, we are providing
You must note that there are many top recovery software for Mac which are paid and free but we always recommend you to go for premium version as we have discussed in detail that why paid software is best.
Recommended: Best professional data recovery software
Free vs Paid software
Moreover, in free software usually, our team has noticed that most of the content, files, pictures are still missing even after waiting for so long. But in a paid version, you have to be patient in front of the screen and the result surely is fruitful. Microphone mixer software for mac. And one of the best thing for data recovery software is, they are cheaper than other software categories.
What we can recover with data recovery software?
This is one of the most asked questions from the users who are looking for data recovery software. And we can not get the specific answer anywhere regarding this. But still, files containing pictures, videos, notes, music, and other such things get easily recovered. For more detail, we have explained further in the list of best data recovery software for Mac.
How we rank the data recovery software?
We the growing competition in the market, it becomes really difficult to rank recovery software. Our team has personally reviewed, checked users reviews, compare features, ease of usage, and other factors in determining the best out of best for our readers.
If you have further queries regarding any of the below software, contact us directly. Our team definitely helps you in choosing the right one as per. your requirement.
Best Data Recovery Software for Mac
1. Data Rescue
Data Rescue hits the top o
Now let us head to
Data Rescue Features
- Advanced system scanning: Data Rescue comes with advanced deep scanning feature to ensure every data must be recovered.
- Free demo preview: Check the recoverable pictures, files, video, music or whatever before you actually purchase a product.
- Fast scanning speed: Many of the scanning related software
takes a lot of time for its completion. Comparatively, Data Rescue is much faster even while deep scanning.
- Robust file support: Data Rescue supports multiple file formats for every audio, video, file, folder, sheets.
- Duplicate recognition: Whatever you have copied stuff or duplicate content, you can get notifications.
Apart from these features, there are many other advanced features that Data Rescue offers.
Plans & Pricing from Data Rescue
Data Rescue comes in Standard and Professional version. It only allows you a free demo to preview recovered file and once you have purchased the license, Data Rescue does not refund your money.
2. Disk Drill
We must say, Disk Drill, is the perfect competitor for Data Rescue. Whatever gone missing from your Mac such as critical business documents, music, photos or videos. Disk Drill is the perfect solution. As per the user’s reviews, there are no regrets for having Disk Drill. You can recover the missing file or the complete partition with Disk Drill. It even supports in recovering the SD Cards, external drives, and lot more.
Disk Drill uses Quick and Deep scan feature as per the requirement. Quick scan brings the instant result and if still, the data is not showing, the deep scan is the way to definitely get back your data. Let us have an overview of its features.
Disk Drill Features
- Recover multiple file format: It is always hard to recover some least use formats but this is not a case with Disk Drill. It supports almost every format.
- Device supported: Disk Drill, along with macOS, supports iOS, Android, and Windows.
- Ease of usage: One of the best things is the usage without any technical knowledge. Either it is a quick scan or deep scan. With one click you can do it all by yourself.
- Restore internal/ external drive: With Disk Drill, it is not compulsory to scan and restore what is within your Mac. Scan and restore data from wherever you wish.
Plans & Pricing from Disk Drill
Disk Drill comes in three plans, Basic, Pro, and Enterprise. Basic is free with limited access of usage, Pro offers you all advanced feature to recover your files without any limit for the lifetime, and Enterprise plan comes for a
3. Wondershare Data Recovery for Mac (Recoverit)
Recoverit is another popular and widely used software from Wondershare for recovery purpose. Wondershare is a
The main reason for users going for it is its security protocols and safety assurance it provides while scanning your data. The other main reason is its pricing when we compare with other top competitors. Let us have an overview of its features.
- Recover everything: Recoverit recovers your email, graphics, videos, documents, encrypted APFS, in almost every format.
- Secure recovery: Be 100% sure while using Recoverit, its strict policy assures its customers top secure without any data theft issue.
- Time Machine backup recovery: It supports recovery from Time Machine and you can easily restore damaged, lost data.
- Repair and recover: If your Mac is attacked by virus or other online threats, get back your file with automatic repair.
- Ease of usage: Just three steps involved to recover your most important file. Select> Scan> Recover.
Plans & Pricing from Recoverit
With the free version of Recoverit, you can only scan and preview your lost or damaged data and for the data recovery, you have to go for the paid version. It comes only in a single plan with affordable price.
4. MiniTool Power Data Recovery
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is safe, reliable, and trusted by millions. When we compare with all other data recovery software, it is almost same and provides all major features that users look for. MiniTool Power Data Recovery offers you the advanced feature for a search to save your time such that you hit the specific area to recover deleted data. You can specify your file, folder with different filters such as the size range, and the approximate date, and much more.
In overall ratings, definitely, MiniTool Power Data Recovery is trustable software with its smart user interface. Have a look into MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery Features
- Recover file anywhere: Now there is no limit for scanning for specific storage. If you have even accidentally deleted your Trash bin completely, MiniTool Power Data Recovery recovers everything.
- Recover Mac hard drive: With its smart deep scan feature, recover every trace of data from the hard drive in minutes.
- Safe & quick: Safely recover all your data even if it is attached by virus or other malicious attachment.
- Partition recovery: No matters, either it is partially or completely lost partition, recover it completely.
Plans & Pricing from MiniTool Power Data Recovery
MiniTool Power Data Recovery comes with flexible plans and pricing. It comes in Personal, Commercial, Enterprise, and Technician plans. Some plans give you lifetime free upgrades and tech supports on emails and phone.
5. EaseUS Data Recovery for Mac
No list is completed without having the name of EaseUS Data Recovery. We are not following the other’s list but only giving it on our list because they deserve it. It gives you easy search filters for specific search and super easy to use. You can navigate to your lost data by filtering according to the modified dates, size, graphics, location drive so that you can narrow your deep scan to save your time.
EaseUS has a very dedicated team in putting all their effort
EaseUS Data Recovery Features
- Unlimited data recovery: There is no restriction for the limit on the amount of data you need to recover.
- 3-Steps quick recovery: With just 3 steps, recover your data and restore it on your computer.
- Technical support: EaseUS has amazing technical support and we personally tested and the result in our case was solved under 4 hours.
- Recover everything: Don’t restrict your recovery limits. EaseUS recover data lost due to system errors, virus attack, hardware failure, operation errors.
- Mac data protection: Everything you recover is completely safe and protected and if it contains something unusual, you will get alert instantly.
Plans & Pricing from EaseUS Data Recovery
EaseUS comes in subscription and perpetual license. You can purchase as per your requirement. The perpetual license is a one-time purchase and otherwise, with a subscription license, you have to pay monthly.
6. Stellar Data Recovery for Mac
Stellar Data Recovery is powerful recovery software that recovers permanently deleted files knowingly or unknowingly. Even the files deleted from Trash, you can recover it using Stellar Data Recovery. It also detects unmounted hard drives for data recovery on Mac. You can recover data from Time Machine, encrypted & NTFS drives. This software is fully compatible with all the latest version of macOS.
Stellar Data Recovery Features
- Customize scanning: Set a specific parameter to search Documents, Emails, Video, Audio files, Photos if you remind them to make your recovery in less time.
- SMART Drive Monitor: This gives you real-time reporting of different factors such as temperature, drive health, and performance. This
lets you determine the health of your system.
- Clone Disk: This feature makes a replica of the affected drive so that you do not miss anything if a failure occurs.
- Disk imaging: This feature let you recover data quickly.
Best Mac Recovery Software Free
Plans & Pricing from Stellar Data Recovery
Stellar Data Recovery offers huge discounts and promotions on its plans and comes in Professional, Premium, and Technician licenses. You can either choose the yearly license or lifetime subscription. If you have regular work in recovery data then definitely lifetime subscription suits you best.
7. Tenorshare Data Recovery for Mac
Tenorshare Data Recovery is another powerful tool to recover permanently deleted stuff from your Mac. If you are not willing to spend more, then definitely this is one of the good options. It shows you a real-time data recovery preview so that you can stop the process for further scanning. In our testing of Tenorshare Data Recovery, the scanning speed is ultimate and 100 GBs of data can be scanned under 10-15 minutes.
Tenorshare Data Recovery is built so
Tenorshare Data Recovery Features
- Real-time preview: Customize or filter your search and preview them in real-time so as to track what files are already recovered.
- Advanced algorithm: Its data analyzer gives you fast scanning speed with satisfactory recovery.
- Secure recovery: Your data remain secure while recovery.
Plans & Pricing from Tenorshare Data Recovery
It is a
8. Softtote Mac Data Recovery
At the first look for Softtote Mac Data Recovery, due to its old HTML website, many users skip this software but the reality is completely different. Although the platform looks bit old the result is completed satisfied. You must definitely try this if you are looking for reasonable and affordable data recovery software for Mac.
When looking for its features, you can get almost every main feature required while scanning and recovering process. Check out a
Softtote Mac Data Recovery Feature
- Ease of usage: No complexity in finding any tool on Softtote Mac Data Recovery panel. Clean User Interface makes recovery simple.
- File classification: No more full scanning. Just classify your search and start scanning your data.
- Preview mode: Preview your file, photo before restoring and save your storage.
- Compatibility: This software is compatible with all latest version of macOS.
Plans & Pricing from Softtote Mac Data Recovery
It comes in a single plan with a lifetime license.
PhotoRec is free and open
- Free of cost: PhotoRec is completely free of cost and one of the best free recovery tool available.
- Multiple file support: You can recover your file whichever format it had. To check whether PhotoRec supports your file extension, check here.
- Device compatibility: PhotoRec is not just for Mac, but also works for Windows PC, Linux, and other platforms.
- Ignore File System: It works with every file system such as FAT, NTFS, exFAT, and others.
Plans & Pricing from PhotoRec
As already discussed, PhotoRec is completely free of cost and you just need to download it and start using it to recover your data.
TestDisk is another free and open-source software for data recovery. It is almost same as PhotoRec so you can either go for PhotoRec or TestDisk. Basically, the main purpose of TestDisk is to recover the
- Lost partition: TestDisk recovery partition across different File Systems such as BeFS, BSD disklabel, DOS/Windows FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32, and others.
- Operating System: Compatible with Mac, Windows, DOS, Linux.
Plans & Pricing from TestDisk
TestDisk is completely free of cost and you can use anytime for free data recovery.
We have tried our best for providing
I hope you find the information useful about the best free and paid data recovery software. For software recommendations, online deals, follow us on Facebook, Twitter.
You may also like:
Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery (for Mac)
Buy It Now
Best Mac Recovery Software 2017 Download
- Recovered more original file names than competitors.
- Simple to use.
- Repairing volumes requires the utility's Platinum edition.
- Would benefit from advanced filtering.
- License transfer is onerous.
- Ineffective for recovering files on solid-state hard drives.
Bottom LineWhile it doesn't provide the most sophisticated tools for filtering recovery results, Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery offers an easy on-ramp to Mac data recovery.
Whether you've lost data from an internal or external hard drive, a Windows Boot Camp partition, or an Apple Time Capsule, Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery will help recover it. With a host of scans and extensive file signature support, this data recovery utility scans disks, recovers lost partitions, and recoups documents, photos, and music. While it doesn't provide the most sophisticated tools for filtering recovery results, the $99 Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery offers an easy on-ramp to Mac data recovery.
Pricing and Licenses
On the Mac side, there are two versions of the software, Data Recovery and the Platinum Edition. I tested Data Recovery, though some users might find enough value in Platinum's volume optimization features to warrant the added cost. Windows users can choose from Data Recovery Professional ($99) or Data Recovery Professional Bundle ($199). By default, licenses are single-user affairs, with open-license Technician versions tallying $350 on the Mac and $299 on the PC.
While Stellar Phoenix hits the sweet spot in terms of pricing, its approach to licensing leaves much to be desired. The single-user license is only accessible on one desktop at a time, meaning that if, like me, you want to install the utility on a second desktop, you will need to use the license transfer feature. You must export the license from the first desktop and import the license onto the second using lengthy registration ID and license keys. As Disk Drill, Data Rescue, and DiskWarrior demonstrate, it doesn't need to be this complicated.
The Ground Floor
I tested Stellar Phoenix alongside four other recovery utilities using two Macs: an early-2015 MacBook Pro and a late-2014 Mac Mini. Both systems run the same version of macOS Sierra . The MacBook Pro features a 120GB solid-state drive (SSD), whereas the Mac Mini uses a 500GB hard disk drive (HDD). To ensure uniform testing, I deleted the same files on both machines two weeks prior to testing. In the interest of testing real world usage, I selected six common file types (DOC, XLS, PDF, JPG, MP3, and MP4).
I opted to test both an SSD and HDD because of the challenges solid-state drives present for data recovery software. The issue is a command called TRIM, which zeroes out the parts of the drive where deleted files are stored. By clearing sectors that are no longer in use, TRIM extends the lifespan of a SSD, but it also greatly reduces the efficacy of data recovery utilities. There is, however, a possibility that utilities can retrieve recently deleted files. While I will touch on unique features, this review focuses heavily on the utility's advanced scan recovery.
The interface is fairly straightforward. On the main screen, you can either initiate a new scan or resume a saved one. Selecting Start a New Scan reveals a second screen from which you can run three functions: scan a drive for lost or deleted volumes (Scan Lost/Deleted Volumes); recover photos or data from a severely corrupted device (Raw Recovery); or clone a drive for posterity (Create Image).
Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery 7
I tested the first two functions on my SSD, but to little avail. Scanning for lost or deleted partitions returned no results. Next, I selected the most granular data recovery option (Raw Recovery/Recover Everything). After about 12 minutes, Stellar Phoenix again returned with zero results. This isn't terribly surprising: data recovery software isn't well-suited for SSDs, and even Data Rescue and Disk Rescue were unable to retrieve my intentionally deleted files.
I had more success on my HDD. To produce the greatest number of results, I ran Stellar Phoenix's advanced scan, which seeks as many files as possible, even if a drive has been initialized or formatted. The tradeoff is time: Running the scan required about two days. However, this HDD is heavily fragmented, and I ran the utility alongside three others. To put that scan time in context, Stellar Phoenix took about as long as CleverFiles Disk Drill Pro 3 , but certainly longer than Seagate Premium File Recovery Suite.
Best Mac Recovery Software 2017 2018
With support for 122 unique file signatures, Stellar Phoenix supports more file types than Seagate Premium File Recovery Suite (which supports 60), but fewer than Disk Drill (357). The utility identified and retrieved approximately 66GB of files, comparable to that of Data Rescue (73GB). Stellar Phoenix also returned more original file names than its peers, which helped to compensate for the utility's lackluster filtering.
By default, the utility filters files by volume and file type. For example, when I opened the Document folder I found subfolders for .ppt, .pptx, .doc, .docx, .pdf, and several others. The Photos folder, meanwhile, parsed eight different file types. The utility also includes a somewhat sluggish search feature and the ability to preview images without leaving the application (via OS X Quick Look).
Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery 7
While I pined for Disk Drill's advanced filtering, I was able to successfully locate and recover four of my six intentionally deleted files. It's also possible that Stellar Phoenix recovered other files, but finding them in a corpus of more than half a million is no small feat.
The utility supports recovery from encrypted disks, Time Machine backups (including Apple's Time Capsule), and Boot Camp partitions. Similar to Data Rescue, Stellar Phoenix emphasizes clone functionality, which lets you clone drives for further analysis. It's not a quick process—it took several hours for me to export a 120GB copy of my SSD to an external drive—but it's a good best practice, particularly if a drive is malfunctioning. Also, like Disk Drill, Stellar Phoenix includes S.M.A.R.T. monitoring, though the utility doesn't exactly advertise the feature. Whereas Disk Drill offers a menu bar item, Stellar Phoenix requires you to right-click on a drive, select Drive Information, and open a Smart Status tab.
There are a couple of tricks I would like to see Stellar Phoenix learn from its competitors. Unlike Data Rescue and Disk Drill, Stellar Phoenix doesn't let you create a bootable drive in case of emergency. (That said, the boxed version does include a bootable CD.) This isn't a deal-breaker—Seagate doesn't include it either—but it does offer some peace of mind. Furthermore, Stellar Phoenix lets you repair volumes, but it'll cost you; the feature is only included with a more expensive Platinum ($198) version of the software. Given the added cost, you would do well to purchase the Editors' Choice award-winning Alsoft DiskWarrior 5 if they need to perform general drive maintenance on a Mac.
Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery 7
A Fine Tool
Stellar Phoenix cannot rival Disk Drill's advanced filtering or Data Rescue's in-house recovery services. The Platinum edition won't unseat DiskWarrior when it comes to repairing Mac volumes. However, for those looking to expand recovery results and limit the learning curve, Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery offers an attractive entry point to data recovery.