- Download Youtube Videos
- App To Download Videos From Youtube Mac Converter
- Download Videos
- App To Download Videos From Youtube Mac Online
Jun 21, 2020 Browser integration: Downie offers top-notch integration with popular browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Chromium and Opera. Downie integrates so well that you can download your favorite YouTube videos in a single click. Or, if you want something further, you can check out the Contextual Menu as well.
Jul 29,2019 • Filed to: Download YouTube Videos • Proven solutions
If you are scratching head to look for a way on how to get YouTube app for Mac and download YouTube videos on Mac, including MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and iMac, you are lucky here to find this helpful tutorial on how to download YouTube for MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and iMac. Free download YouTube videos on Mac is not very easy but it is not a problem that can not be solved. Go on and have a try.
I highly recommend the video download tool iTube HD Video Downloader, which is perfectly designed for Mac OS platforms, including MacBook Air, Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, iMac and more. Besides YouTube, you can use this Mac YouTube video downloader app to grab online videos from sites like Dailymotion, Metacafe, Break, VEVO, Vimeo, and 10,000+ sites. The YouTube App for Mac also allows you to save a YouTube playlist, channel or category in only one click. And it provides you with a built-in FLV player, so that you can enjoy the downloaded or existing videos instantly. Just follow the below detailed tutorial to download videos from YouTube to MacBook Air, iMac and MacBook Pro.
- Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
- Jan 21, 2020 MacX YouTube Downloader is a great free online video/audio downloader for Mac OS that can download music and videos from over 300 online video sites.
- Aug 23, 2019 Using YouTube Premium to watch videos offline requires that you watch them within your YouTube app. What if you want to simply have them in your Videos folder or send them to your Mac? A quick solution would be to capture a YouTube video with a built-in iPhone screen recorder.
- Jul 29, 2019 This article will tell you an easy and quick way to download online videos from YouTube to MacBook Pro, MacBook air and iMac, as well as some tips you should know about YouTube App for Mac.
iTube HD Video Downloader - YouTube App for Macbook to Download YouTube Videos on Mac
- 1 click download YouTube to MP3 format in HD quality with download extension or YouTube URL.
- Download video or music files from 10,000+ online video sharing sites like YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, Vevo, etc.
- Download the entire YouTube playlist or channel with 3X faster speed.
- Convert downloaded YouTube videos to video/audio format, and preset for any devices.
- Record any online video from any sites including those 'unable to download sites'.
- Transfer downloaded YouTube video or music files to iTunes Liabrary or mobile devices.
- Offer a Private Mode to protect your video downloading information with a password.
How to Download YouTube Videos on Macbook (macOS Mojave included)
Step 1. Install the YouTube App for Mac
After downloading the YouTube app on your Macbook, simply drag the downlaoded YouTube downloader app to the 'Applications' folder on your Mac. And then double click the program icon to run the YouTube app on Mac.
Step 2. Start to Download Videos from YouTube to Mac
Find your favorite videos from YouTube and you will have 2 options to download YouTube videos:
1) When you play the video, you will see a 'Download' button on the top left corner of the video window. Directly click on the button and select your desired output resolution like 1080P or 720P. The video will be immediately captured by the Mac YouTube App. If you are using Chrome browser and haven't found the Download button, don't worry, click here to get more info about how to add download extension to Chrome in steps.
2) Copy the video URL and go to the main interface to click the 'Paste URL' button. The program will begin to grab the video. Or simpply click on the direct video URL and drag it to the program interface, this smart application will load the video and start to download it. You can insert up to 1000 URL links together into the downloading blank, separate each one by Enter button, this YouTube downloader for Mac will download them all and you can just leave the YouTube videos to it.
If you would like to save batch videos and do not want to wait in front of your Mac, you can click the 'Clock' icon at the bottom left corner of the program and select 'Shutdown' or 'Sleep' option. Then you can leave your Mac on to grab video.
Optional. Convert YouTube Videos to Other Formats
If you want to watch downloaded YouTube videos on specified players or devices but encounter incompatible, this YouTube downloader app for Mac will helps you to convert the video to your wanted format. You can go to 'Downloaded' tab and click 'Add to Convert List' icon on the right to add the video to 'Convert' menu.
After you go to 'Convert' menu, you can see a 'Convert' icon on the right of your selected video. Click the 'Convert' icon and choose your desired output format from the pop-up conversion window to start converting.
Part 2. Free Download YouTube Videos on MacBook Pro, MacBook Air And iMac
Here we also prepare a free solution to download YouTube Video on Macbook. Free YouTube Downloader for Macis the free version of iTube HD Video Downloader which supports to download YouTube videos free with a single click. It supports downloading YouTube videos in batch and has the ability to shut down your Mac or let it enter sleep mode when the download is finished. But have to remember that this Mac Free YouTube Downloader is only for personal use.
How to Free Download YouTube Videos on Macbook (macOS Mojave included)
Step 1. Install the Free YouTube App for Mac
Firstly make sure that you have already downloaded Free YouTube Downloader App on your Macbook. Then luanch it and get ready to download the YouTube video.
Step 2. Start to Download Videos from YouTube to Mac
Then go the YouTube website and copy the URL of the video that you want to free download. Back to the Free YouTube Downloader and click 'Paste URL' button, you will see this free YouTube app will automatically analyze the url and give you the window to select ideal output video quality,
Just simply click 'Download' to start downloading the YouTube video.
Step 3. Find The Downloaded YouTube Video
A few seconds later, when the video is fully downloaded, you can find it on 'Downloaded' Tab.
Part 3. Tips about YouTube for Macbook Pro, Macbook air and iMac
MacBook Air is a laptop product manufactured by the Apple Company, it has a heavy duty battery that lasts up to an incredible twelve hours between charges. From your morning coffee till your evening commute back home, you can work even when unplugged. When it's time to relax, you can get up to twelve hours of iTunes movie playback. And with up to thirty days of standby time, you can go away for weeks. There are many three types of Macbook laptops, that is Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, and iMac.
What Should You Know When Watching YouTube on MacBook:
1. Utilize the MacBook features
When you are watching YouTube online using your MacBook Air, Pro or iMac, you should know the basic features contained in your MacBook, for example placing dragging the icons, downloading videos and other important files you may wish to have.
2. Secure your account
When you are subscribed in Youtube using your MacBook, you can secure your accounts by signing with secure passwords, also use the MacBook antivirus so that you protect your MacBook from viruses such as Trojan horses and others.
3. Make sure your MacBook is fully charged
Since all MacBook have long lasting batteries, you can charge them fully and comfortably use them when unplugged for twelve hours, the MacBook are also equipped with Core latest Pentium technologies of i5 and i7 processors that enable you to live streaming from the youtube.
More Tips about Macbook Pro, Macbook air and iMac:
Apple MacBook now has an outstanding reputation for providing laptops that can perform really well. You have the next-generation MacBook Pro with all the features of the regular Mac, in addition to advanced graphics and processing capabilities. It’s also a high-end MacBook model that is available in 13, 15, and 17 inch versions.
The MacBook Air belongs to a line of ultra-portable notebook computers and it’s designed to offer portability and performance. With a full size keyboard design and aluminum casing, the MacBook Air is sold in the 11.6 and 13.3 inch sizes. There is a variety of models with different specifications, all currently using Intel Core i7 or i5 CPUs and SSD storage.
The iMac is a series of all-in-one desktop computers which has advanced through six different forms. The original iMac G3 was made with an egg shaped look with a CRT monitor and enclosed in a colored, transparent plastic case. iMac G4 is the second major upgrade with its hemispherical design and an LCD monitor. The iMac G5 and Intel iMac are the third and fourth revisions, boasting a slim and unified design on a simple metal base.
You may hate funny cat videos or game reviews, but the chances are you still use YouTube. A mammoth of video content, YouTube is a go-to spot for many. In fact, the platform has over 1 billion users which is one-third of all internet users. Huge.
Or, maybe your daily companions are Vimeo and Twitch. One way or another, video content is a part of your digital life. The question is how to utilize it.
In this article, we compare top YouTube downloaders for Mac and explain how you can legally save video to Mac to watch it anytime and anywhere.
Best YouTube downloaders
Get a huge set of top tools to download videos from Youtube. Most helpful utilities in one pack, give it a go!
Let us warn you in advance, all YouTube download tools reviewed in this article are worth a try. To help you narrow down the choice, check the nice-to-have assets every safe YouTube downloader should have:
- Works with all major video streaming platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion.
- Allows to save mp4 content and, optionally, convert to different formats.
- Has support for audio output — allowing you to save music from videos.
- Downloads entire playlists or channels in batch.
- Caters for both professional and everyday use.
- Guarantees data security, not collecting any of your personal information.
For sure, these are not one-size-fits-all qualities. You may need to batch download playlists, or this might be a totally useless feature for you. We made sure the reviewed tools satisfy the key needs — like security and integration with video streaming platforms. The rest is up to you and your priorities.
It’s not easy to step into the jungle of video downloaders and instantly pick the right fit – impossible if you’re new to Mac. There’s help, though.
How to download from YouTube
Whether to capture a few movies for an upcoming flight or save favorite clips to rewatch, Mac owners love to save content. The most basic tool should teach you how to download YouTube videos directly from URL. The problem is that it’s complicated to find an efficient free YouTube downloader. Not to mention they could be used for copyright infringement.
To legally save content from YouTube and video streaming services to Mac, as well as download music from videos, you can use third-party apps. As long as you’re not earning money from downloads or breach copyright, they are safe to use.
Download streaming video
Streaming content is a huge chunk of your internet traffic. Think Vimeo, Twitch, YouTube, Dailymotion, and other platforms where you can watch video displayed in real time. Relying on online streaming stymies your watching experience in many ways – from limited data usage to network issues. Plus Wi-Fi often fails you at the most crucial moments. Therefore, you need a reliable tool that helps you capture YouTube video.
If you’re wondering how to watch favorite YouTube videos offline without breaking any laws, let us help you.
Download any videos from any website
Yes, you got it right. You can’t capture online videos to watch offline on Mac if you’re using YouTube Premium. To fill the gap and bring streaming content to a computer, you’ll have to consider third-party software.
Most of video downloaders differ only in terms of customization capabilities. The flow of capturing a video will be pretty much the same — no matter what platform you take it from. It' s="" easy="" to="" use="" anytrans="" to="" download="" youtube="" videos="" or="" convert="" youtube="" to="" mp3="" in="" just="" 3="" simple="" steps:="">
Hp officejet pro 8600 software for mac 10.6.8.
- Choose the video and copy the URL (the app has in-build video search on YouTube/Vimeo/Dailymotion).
- Paste the link into the app and wait for the app to finish the download.
- Choose/customize the output format and storage location.
When using third-party tools, be careful about YouTube blocking downloads. If you comply with YouTube’s Terms of Service, you should be fine.
Download and save video from YouTube in mp4
Whether it’s native YouTube Premium or a third-party application, the tools you use to download mp4 from YouTube will by default save video files in mp4. There are different options on tweaking formats, though:
- Retrieve only audio from your video file — tools like Downie and Folx will work for it.
- Download video in mp4 with Elmedia Player.
- Use Downie + Permute to download and convert to different formats — from FLV to MKV to AVI. The two work well together and are both available with Setapp subscription.
- Customize the output before downloading and convert a poor-quality YouTube video to mp4 HD.
Grab YouTube video with YouTube Premium
Since recently, you can’t download YouTube video anymore. That’s because the service created a native tool for the job.
So if you ask YouTube for the best YouTube downloader, it will probably suggest you use YouTube Premium, a native paid subscription service to save content. For the monthly cost of $11.99, it allows you to keep YouTube videos on iPhone and Android devices. Here’s how it works:
- Open the video in your YouTube mobile app.
- Click on the download button below the video player.
- Customize the quality of the output.
- Once the video is downloaded, you’ll see the “download complete” icon below the player.
The app will automatically save YouTube videos you download to the Library or Account tab.
Top YouTube downloaders compared
Below you’ll find a small collection of media downloaders that we recommend you look into. Use the apps to play, manage, and automatically save videos. Best of all, you can use the full toolkit of apps reviewed in this article for a flat fee.
Have a look at the full collection. You’ll find extensive descriptions of every YouTube downloader below.
Multi-threaded and batch downloads
|Customize video quality / 4K and HD video support||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Convert video to audio and other formats||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Extract audio from video||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Download from YouTube, Vimeo, and any other websites||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|3D and 360 degree video support||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Built-in video and audio editing||yes||no||no||yes||no|
|Save to external storage, cloud, and other devices||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Totally free with Setapp subscription|
|Price||$14.99 for Standart License||$19.99 if purchased separately $26.99 Downie + Permute converter||$19.95 Folx Pro license||$19.95 Elmedia Player Pro license||$39.99 AnyTrans Single license|
|Pulltube||$14.99 for Standart License|
|Downie||$19.99 if purchased separately $26.99 Downie + Permute converter|
|Folx||$19.95 Folx Pro license|
|Elmedia Player||$19.95 Elmedia Player Pro license|
|AnyTrans||$39.99 AnyTrans Single license|
Downie: Save YouTube videos within seconds
The easiest version of a YouTube downloader you can imagine. Grab a link, drag it onto the app icon, wait a few seconds for the content to travel to your Mac.
While you don’t really do much, you can do even less with the browser extension. Downie already has it, so you don’t have to install the extension separately – check the box in your browser preferences and you’re good to go. Magically, Downie can also scan text files for links and download video content from there.
In other words, Downie is a media downloader that commits to cherishing your time. Here are the key ways to align the app with your workflow:
- Enable Simple mode to get rid of distractions in Preferences > General. Perfect for those who are annoyed by a progress bar showing up each time a download takes place.
- Downie is also a search machine. You can find YouTube videos on for download by searching right in the app, without opening a browser.
- If you love YouTube concerts and music videos, you can download audio only. To set Downie to the MP3 mode, open Preferences > Postprocessing > Enforce MP3.
This downloader automatically converts all videos to MP4, but if you need more options there’s Permute to help. It covers virtually all media formats and works both for video and audio. The app is basically Downie’s cousin, created by the same team of developers, Charlie Monroe Software. So you get a discount if you buy the two. Also, Downie and Permute are both available on Setapp.
- Simple and clean interface
- Customizable functionality
- 4K support
- Integrates with YouTube video converter
- Limited file conversion options
$19.99 if purchased separately
$26.99 Downie + Permute
Starting at $9.99 per month Downie, Permute and 150+ apps on Setapp
Play and download video content with Elmedia Player
Elmedia Player is one of the best tools to entrust your movie watching experience to. Not only does it tell you how to save videos from YouTube, it also enables viewing content ad-free, right from the app. Download audio, convert to different media formats, or stream via AirPlay – it solves tons of problems.
Not limitless, but the functionality is pretty impressive. It’s a good idea to work with Elmedia Player if you want to:
- Organize downloads and bring them into curated playlists.
- Play Vimeo, Dailymotion, and YouTube videos in the app, without downloading.
- Open and convert files to different formats – from MP3 TO MKV.
- Extract audio tracks from YouTube videos.
- Stream media content to all Apple devices that support AirPlay.
Compared to Apple’s native QuickTime, Elmedia Player supports a bigger number of formats and is generally a decent alternative to the default program.
- Intuitive interface
- Covers virtually all video and audio formats
- Streaming capabilities
Download Youtube Videos
- Lots of features confusing for a beginner
$19.95 Elmedia Player Pro license
Starting at $9.99 per month Elmedia Player Pro and 150+ apps on Setapp
Swiftly download large videos with Folx app
There’s no better option than Folx if you’re big on big downloads. Combining the functionality of a download manager and torrent client, the app brings large videos to your Mac in a matter of minutes.
With your browser and Folx open, you can download any video from YouTube by URL. Once you have the URL, paste it directly into the search bar or click on the plus button > YouTube > paste the link. Give the app a few seconds to prepare a download, and click OK. Before you know it, the video is on your Mac.
The in-built torrent client that is available to Pro plan users works in a similar way – simple and lightning fast. Navigate to the Torrent tab via the plus button. In the top search field, click on the three dots to select a torrent file, customize default preferences if needed, and click OK.
To accelerate the process, Folx splits downloads in up to 20 streams. The app also cleverly adjusts download speed to your online activities, so that not to hamper important programs and processes running on your Mac. To tweak the default speed settings in Folx, access Preferences > Smart Speed.
App To Download Videos From Youtube Mac Converter
- Torrent search right in the app
- Speed optimization
- Download scheduling and auto-resume
- No free trial for Pro features
$19.95 Folx Pro license
Starting at $9.99 per month Folx and 150+ apps on Setapp
AnyTrans to download and transfer content
Many think of AnyTrans as an alternative to iTunes, but it’s much more than that. The app is an all-mighty file manager that works with all your devices. So whether you want to copy images from iPhone to Mac, or transfer from Android to iOS, AnyTrans has you covered.
Apart from cleverly managing your content, the app also helps you grab some new. Using an in-built Media Downloader, you can save video from 900+ websites, including Vimeo, Dailymotion, and YouTube.
Capturing and instantly sharing media is why you should pick AnyTrans over the other options. It has limited functionality in terms of download preferences, but is pretty good for capturing short videos.
- Clean and understandable interface
- Excellent file control
- Media transferring options
- Limitations in terms of integration with iTunes library.
$39.99 AnyTrans Single license
Starting at $9.99 per month AnyTrans and 150+ apps on Setapp
App To Download Videos From Youtube Mac Online
It’s ok if you have a hard time choosing your favorite. Some of the apps complement each other – like you could use Folx to capture large videos and transfer with AnyTrans. With Setapp subscription, you can try every mentioned YouTube downloader for free and choose what suits your flow. Or, don’t choose. Your Mac deserves all of them.