- Older projects that are still using Xamarin.Mac Classic or MonoMac will need to be migrated to Xamarin.Mac Unified to support 64-bit. Visual Studio for Mac includes a migration wizard that will help automate many of the mechanical changes that are needed to update your Mac application. First, review any build warnings.
- For more information, see Windows requirements. Xamarin.Forms apps for iOS and Android can be built in Visual Studio for Mac. For more information, see macOS requirements. Developing apps using Xamarin.Forms requires familiarity with.NET Standard. Additional platform support.
Xamarin.Forms has been updated since the question was asked so I thought I add the following: Using Xamarin.Forms, you can now create cross-platform apps that target the following platforms all using the same code: UWP. This is ideal for creating apps for Windows 10 and if you plan to distribute them either through the Store or by sideloading.-->
Xamarin.Forms applications can be written for the following operating systems:
- iOS 9 or higher.
- Android 4.4 (API 19) or higher (more details). However, Android 5.0 (API 21) is recommended as the minimum API. This ensures full compatibility with all the Android support libraries, while still targeting the majority of Android devices.
- Windows 10 Universal Windows Platform.
Xamarin.Forms apps for iOS, Android, and the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) can be built in Visual Studio. However, a networked Mac is required for iOS development using the latest version of Xcode and the minimum version of macOS specified by Apple. For more information, see Windows requirements.
Xamarin.Forms apps for iOS and Android can be built in Visual Studio for Mac. For more information, see macOS requirements.
Developing apps using Xamarin.Forms requires familiarity with .NET Standard.
Additional platform support
Xamarin.Forms supports additional platforms beyond iOS, Android, and Windows: Mac os x web development software.
- Samsung Tizen
- macOS 10.13 or higher
The status of these platforms is available on the Xamarin.Forms GitHub platform support wiki.
Android platform support
Xamarin Forms Windows
You should have the latest Android SDK Tools and Android API platform installed. You can update to the latest versions using the Android SDK Manager.
Additionally, the target/compile version for Android projects must be set to Use latest installed platform. However the minimum version can be set to API 19 so you can continue to support devices that use Android 4.4 and newer. These values are set in the Project Options:
Project Options > Application > Application Properties
Build > General
Gain greater control over your print output from Windows®Store apps, monitor the status of multiple printers, and check printer supplies using this app. Lexmark Printer Home provides a modern printing experience for a new generation of print technology. Submitted on 7/7/2016 Review title of brittanyDon't install on windows if you have older printersI hated this app both on my android phone and Windows computers because it was useless with my x series x4600 wifi enabled printer. Gain greater control over your print output from Windows®Store apps, monitor the status of multiple printers, and check printer supplies using this app. Lexmark 5600-6600 mac software.
Xamarin Mac App
Build > Android Application
These platforms are not supported when using Xamarin.Forms 3.0 or newer:
- Windows 8.1 / Windows Phone 8.1 WinRT
- Windows Phone 8 Silverlight