I'm not a lawyer however my take on it is when OS X became a free upgrade it was dependent on having at least Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher so IMO if you do not own a copy of Mac OS X 10.6 or higher then the legality is questionable and I'd say dishonest at the lease. That said, what your asking is doable.
Back up your Mac
And your memories. A few simple steps can save you from losing your favorite photos and files.
Jun 01, 2020 Open QuickTime Player from your Applications folder, then choose File New Screen Recording from the menu bar. You will then see either the onscreen controls described above or the Screen Recording window described in the following steps.; Before starting your recording, you can click the arrow next to to change the recording settings. To record your voice or other audio with the screen. Screen capture video software mac.
- Mac App Store is the simplest way to find and download apps for your Mac. To download apps from the Mac App Store, you need a Mac with OS X 10.6.6 or later.
- Jan 23, 2016 Click on the Apple logo in the top-left menu bar. Click on About This Mac in the dropdown menu. Click on the Software Update button. Click on the Update button next to the latest OS X version.
Mac service and repair
Handbrake app download for mac. Learn about AppleCare+ and the Apple limited warranty coverage, start a service request for your Mac, and find out how to prepare your Mac for service.Learn more about repairs
Get AppleCare+ for Mac
With AppleCare+, you’re covered. Get accidental damage coverage and priority access to Apple experts.
Have a question? Ask everyone.
The members of our Apple Support Community can help answer your question. Or, if someone’s already asked, you can search for the best answerAsk now
Tell us how we can help
Answer a few questions and we'll help you find a solution.Get support
Exchange and Repair Extension Programs
After isolating an issue on your Mac to a possible hardware issue, you can use Apple Diagnostics to help determine which hardware component might be causing the issue. Apple Diagnostics also suggests solutions and helps you contact Apple Support for assistance.
If your Mac was introduced before June 2013, it uses Apple Hardware Test instead.
How to use Apple Diagnostics
- Disconnect all external devices except keyboard, mouse, display, Ethernet connection (if applicable), and connection to AC power.
- Make sure that your Mac is on a hard, flat, stable surface with good ventilation.
- Shut down your Mac.
- Turn on your Mac, then immediately press and hold the D key on your keyboard. Keep holding until you see a screen asking you to choose your language. When Apple Diagnostics knows your language, it displays a progress bar indicating that it's checking your Mac:
- Checking your Mac takes 2 or 3 minutes. If any issues are found, Apple Diagnostics suggests solutions and provides reference codes. Note the reference codes before continuing.
- Choose from these options:
- To repeat the test, click ”Run the test again” or press Command (⌘)-R.
- For more information, including details about your service and support options, click ”Get started” or press Command-G.
- To restart your Mac, click Restart or press R.
- To shut down, click Shut Down or press S.
If you choose to get more information, your Mac starts up from macOS Recovery and displays a web page asking you to choose your country or region. Click ”Agree to send” to send your serial number and reference codes to Apple. Then follow the onscreen service and support instructions. When you're done, you can choose Restart or Shut Down from the Apple menu.
This step requires an Internet connection. If you're not connected to the Internet, you'll see a page describing how to get connected.
If holding down the D key at startup doesn't start Apple Diagnostics:
Will Apple Genius Bar Upgrade My Mac Os Software Free
- If you're using a firmware password, turn it off. You can turn it on again after using Apple Diagnostics.
- Hold down Option-D at startup to attempt to start Apple Diagnostics over the Internet.