Install the Cisco AnyConnect software to connect to Cornell's VPN service. You must have administrative privileges to install the software.
Enter the following:
- Connect to https://cuvpn.cuvpn.cornell.edu. The SSL VPN Service Login dialog box will open.
- Enter the following:
Group: Leave this set to CornellVPN
(even if you will be using a departmental VPN after installing AnyConnect).
User Name: Enter your Cornell NetID. Best image upscaling software.
Password: Enter your Cornell NetID password.
- A Downloads page will appear after a successful login. It may take a few seconds to a few minutes to collect information about your system.
- If you see two tabs labeled Download and Automatic Provisioning, select . (It's okay if you don't see these tabs.)
- Click .
- Navigate to your default downloads folder and double-click the anyconnect dmg file, then double-click the anyconnect pkg file.
You may be asked to enter an administrative password for your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
If asked, on the Installation Type screen, make sure VPN is selected and everything else is not selected.
- If installing on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or higher, you may see System Extension Blocked alert. If you see this alert, follow the lettered steps below. Otherwise, continue with step 9 below.
- Click (or ). The System Preferences - Security & Privacy panel will open.
- Next to System software from developer 'Cisco' was blocked from loading click .
- Close the Security & Privacy Panel.
- Click or on the Extension Blocked dialog box.
- Close the installer.