May 28, 2020 Step 1: Launch iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac. Step 2: Select the Seagate external hard drive and click 'Next' button to scan for all the lost data. Step 3: Double-click to preview your images, videos, word files, etc. In the searching results. Step 4: Choose files you need and click 'Recover' to get them back and save the recovered files to another usable disk drive. Jun 04, 2020 macOS native tools such as the Disk Utility won’t recover deleted or inaccessible items from a Seagate external hard drive. Here, leveraging a Mac external hard drive recovery software becomes a necessity. What Should You Do? Find a Mac external hard drive recovery software that supports the below: APFS, HFS, ex-FAT, FAT & NTFS filesystems.
Jun 08, 2020 • Filed to: Answer Hard Drive Problems • Proven solutions
Help! How do I recover data from my Seagate External Hard Drive!
As the biggest supplier of digital data storage in the world, Seagate devotes itself to make external hard drives that are high quality and high capacity for companies and ordinary people; many people choose this brand. However, the Seagate external hard drive owners also can't avoid a data loss disaster due to some reasons.
Can You Recover Files Deleted from External Hard Drive?
The files you think have been lost due to deletion or formatting are actually still somewhere on your Seagate external hard disk. Because the space that the files occupy is only marked as 'available to reuse' and the files become invisible. And thus, you're unable to access, edit, copy, and read the deleted data. When encountering this problem, what you should do first is to stop saving new data onto your disk, or the lost data will be overwritten. Then you can try restoring deleted files by yourself using professional Seagate recovery software, or getting hard disk data back by means of Seagate In-Lab Data Recovery Service.
How Much Does It Cost for Data Recovery?
Seagate In-Lab Data Recovery Service might be a nice option for some of those who lose important data from a Seagate hard drive. How much does Seagate charge for data recovery? The data recovery price can range from $499 to $2,000, and sometimes, it will be higher. The charge lies in different data loss circumstances. Besides, to recover data from Seagate external hard disk, you have to send the broken drive to the Seagate lab, pre-paying the shipping fees.
When it comes to a hard drive data recovery program, the average pricing plan for Windows users in the market is $50 and for Mac users, $100. Unlike the lab data recovery service, you can recover Seagate data on your own. Most of Seagate data recovery tools are intuitive and straightforward. A novice can perform the job and get the desired results with consummate ease.
Can data always be recovered? Unfortunately, no. No matter which way you choose, chances are that your data present on Seagate hard drive are gone forever, especially when you write new data on it. What we suggest is that you should do your best to retrieve the deleted or lost files if they are really important to you. Here are two Seagate external hard drive recovery solutions you can take yourself before spending a fortune and much effort in lab data recovery.
- Solution 1. Recoverit - #1 Seagate Data Recovery Software
- Solution 2. Fix Seagate External Hard Drive Errors
Solution 1. How to Restore Files from Seagate External Hard Drive
A piece professional and secure Seagate data recovery software can help you get lost data back more promptly and easily, for example, Recoverit Data Recovery Software. It is an effective and reliable external hard drive data recovery tool to help you to recover lost data from Seagate hard drive. No matter whether files are lost due to virus attack, formatting, corruption, deletion or some other reasons, this Seagate drive recovery software can help each of you retrieve them all quickly and safely.
Recoverit Features You Should Know
- The Seagate drive recovery software can recover more than 96% of lost data.
- The disk data recovery tool support the recovery of over 1000 types and formats of data.
- To recover files lost on Seagate drive, Recoverit needs deep scan the device on your computer.
- Recoverit Data Recovery enables the hidden files to be visible and accessible, even the RAW data.
Video Tutorial: External Hard Drive Recovery Process
How to Restore Files from Seagate External Hard Drive
With Recoverit Seagate Recovery Software, you can rescue your Seagate hard drive data within 3 steps and minutes. However, it is a Desktop tool on your computer. So before the Seagate hard drive recovery, you need to connect the disk to your computer and make it detectable. Now, let's have a look at how Recoverit works to recover your data.
Select Seagate external hard drive
Scan Seagate hard drive
Preview and restore files from Seagate drive
To avoid lots of time being wasted, Recoverit will ask you to select a specific location where the data loss happens. To recover data from Seagate hard drive, you need to select the device and click 'Start' to go on.
Recoverit Seagate Recovery will immediately scan your hard drive deeply and thoroughly to dig out all the hidden data. Even though the data gets lost in a lost partition, the software can deal with them.
When the scan completes, all the recoverable files are listed in the scanning results by file type or file path. You can preview them one by one, select those you want to recover and click on the 'Recover' button to restore lost data.
Tips for Seagate Drive Data Recovery
- After the scanning ends, you can search file name or path in the search box to find a specific file. This can save you a lot of time during the Seagate external hard drive data recovery.
- When saving recovered files, remember to save them on your computer hard drive or another external device, but not the Seagate hard drive where you lost your data. Otherwise, you may overwrite the lost files.
Solution 2. How to Fix and Recover Seagate External Hard Drive
Sometimes, you might find the data are locked in the Seagate drive due to the hard disk errors, like external hard drive not detecting, not recognized, not showing up, and anything else. To restore and access the files, you can fix Seagate hard drive. It is likely that an incompatible or bad USB port cause some hard drive problems. So the primary solution would be trying another USB cable, port and even computer. If it is not workable, don't worry. Here are 2 ways to help you.
Fix 1 Change the Drive Letter
When you find the Seagate hard drive not showing in your File Explorer or Disk Management, you can try changing Seagate drive letter to make it show up on your computer.
- Right click the Windows logo and click 'Disk Management' to open it.
- Locate and right click your Seagate external hard drive. You should confirm the original drive letter of the Seagate device.
- Click 'Change Drive Letter and Paths..'. On the next two pop-up windows, choose 'Change..' and click the drop-down arrow.
- Select a letter you like to reassign a new letter to the Seagate drive. The new letter should be unique on your computer.
- Click 'OK' > 'Yes' and mark the Partition as Active.
Finally, to make the external drive show up, you need to restart the computer. Oftentimes, you'll find the Seagate drive recognized and the stored data accessible.
Fix 2 Reinstall USB Controllers
- Right click the Windows logo and click 'Device Manager' to open it.
- Click the right arrow to expand 'Universal Serial Bus controllers'.
- Find and right click 'USB Root Hub'. Click 'Properties' > 'Power Management'.
- 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' is ticked by default. Uncheck it.
- If there are multiple tags named 'USB Root Hub', repeat the above steps and reboot the computer.
To Wrap Up
After the operations, your computer can usually read the Seagate external hard drive and show you the hidden data. If all the two Seagate hard drive fixes can't help you restore files, please resort to Recoverit Data Recovery. It should be a complete and ultimate solution for each of you, even a novice. Download it and recover data from external hard drive not detected in no time.
What's Wrong with Drive
- Recover Your Drive
- Fix Your Drive
- Format/Wipe Drive
- Know Your Drive
Seagate Data Recovery software download, free
Seagate Technology Corporation is specialized in hard disk and external hard drive manufacturing, so Seagate data recovery software is a recovery tool which supports for Seagate hard drive recovery and Seagate external hard drive recovery.
iCare Data Recovery Pro is a data recovery program which supports Seagate file recovery in different situations.
Seagate Recovery Tool Supported Situations
Simply say, Seagate disk drive users will encounter data loss issues due to two kinds of reasons:
1. Human mistake
This is usually refers to the situations that you make mistake to delete, erase or wipe data from a Seagate disk drive, such as:
- Mistakenly delete files from Seagate HDD / external hard drive
- Format Seagate external HDD / hard drive by accident
- Seagate disk drive gets corrupted because of mistaken operation
2. Seagate disk drive errors
Without making any mistake, data sometimes gets lost from Seagate hard drive or removable hard disk due to some errors, like:
- Seagate hard drive has I/O device error
- Cannot access Seagate disk drive
- Seagate portable hard drive is not recognized by Windows
- Seagate disk drive has RAW file system
Whether it is human mistake or disk drive issue that causes Seagate data loss, you are able to get back the lost files before the disk drive gets physically damaged or overwritten.
Seagate Recovery Manual
For Seagate recovery, you can use iCare Data Recovery Pro. It is a Seagate data recovery program for Seagate HDD and portable hard disk file recovery in every data loss problem:
Step1. Download for free and install the Seagate recovery software on a Windows PC. Then, launch the software and select a scan mode for file recovery.
Step2. Choose the Seagate drive and then wait patiently when the software is scanning.
Step3. Preview files and then recover the files you need.
Seagate Retrieval Service
Seagate Technology Corporation mainly releases and produces different internal hard disks and USB hard drives. Both internal and removable hard disk can be used for data storage, so you may run into Seagate file loss on an internal hard disk partition or external hard drive. Any way, iCare Data Recovery Pro is available in files recovery from both internal and external HDD of Seagate:
Seagate Hard Drive Data Recovery
Seagate hard drive is well known for its good quality. As the largest disk drive manufacturer, Seagate Technology Corporation manufactures hard disk drives for desktop and laptop.
1. Seagate hard drive for desktop
- Seagate Barracuda & reg hard drive – It is mainstream, high-performance and high-capacity desktop hard disk.
- Seagate Barracuda XT hard drive – It is the first 2TB 7200 RPM hard disk for desktop, which has 64MB caches and SATA interface. This type of hard drive is available for PC game, multimedia expert, entry-level server and workstation.
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 hard drive – It is designed with mature technology, components and leading manufacturing skills, which provides 32MB caches 1TB desktop storage. It is available in workstation, desktop RAID, high-end PC, mainstream PC and USB / FireWire / eSATA external storage.
- Seagate Barracuda LP hard drive – It has the advantage of low power consumption, including good heat dissipation, energy saving, mute operation, etc.
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 hard drive – It is often used for workstation, game PC, mainstream PC, high-end PC and desktop RAID system, etc.
There are many other hard disk series of Seagate. In general, Seagate hard drive has interface of SATA, PATA, SAS, SCSI and Fibre Channel.
Seagate Disk Recovery Software
2. Seagate hard drive for laptop
- Seagate Momentus 7200.4 hard drive – It is used for mainstream and high performance notebook, workstation, etc.
- Seagate Momentus 5400.6 hard drive – It has high performance, which is available for mainstream laptop, industrial application, etc.
Recover Files from Seagate External HDD
Seagate external hard drive can be used for all computers including Windows and Mac. Seagate external hard drive connection type includes USB, Firewire, Serial and Ethernet. Seagate portable hard drive capacity is from 500GB to 4TB. Usually, a Seagate external HDD used for Windows is usually formatted to NTFS file system, while Seagate external used for Mac OS is formatted to HFS+ file system.
With iCare Data Recovery Pro, it is able to recover files from Seagate external HDD for Windows that has NTFS file system and Seagate external HFS+ HDD for Mac OS.
Fix Seagate Disk Drive Problems
A Seagate disk probably have different reasons, in which situation stops you from reading or writing data to the disk. Generally, common problems on a Seagate internal or external disk include:
Seagate Disk Logical Failure
Seagate logical failure refers to the case that the Seagate disk can still be recognized by computer, but it reports some error message when you attempt to open the disk drive, such as Seagate disk needs to be formatted or has RAW file system, the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable for Seagate, Seagate disk contains bad sectors, Seagate portable HDD is unable to be formatted and more.
For all those logical failures on a Seagate disk, data recovery is available for inaccessible disk file recovery and formatting provides the best solution for error fixing.
Recommend: If you are looking for a way to fix different failures on Seagate drive, please go to: Fix errors>>
Seagate Drive Is Physically Damaged
Physical damage means that the Seagate disk cannot work anymore. This problem often occurs when you drop the disk or notebook on the ground or the disk drive suffers water damage, etc. It is necessary to send the physically damaged Seagate hard disk or external HDD to professional disk repair shop to fix it.
Seagate Disk Series
Seagate Backup Plus – Seagate backup plus external hard drive provides good solution for data backup or transferring, so it is used by many users.
Seagate Expansion– Seagate Expansion is another famous portable hard drive, which offers good performance and high capacity for data storage.
In addition, Seagate disk is also available in other series like Seagate SSD.