Download Slack for free for mobile devices and desktop. Keep up with the conversation with our apps for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows and Linux. Slack has just released an update to its desktop apps for Mac, Windows, and Linux that introduces a new Dark Mode or Dark Theme to the app. Best software to record screen video and audio machine. Users have long been asking the company to release a dark theme for Mac, especially considering that Slack for iOS was updated with a Dark Mode earlier this year. To enable the Dark Mode in Slack for Mac, go to the app’s Preferences Themes and enable. Nov 22, 2018 Added a bonus step at the end (on my blog only), for automating the dark theme implementation with a simple double-click. 😁 Dark mode has arrived for mobile apps. Read it in the Slack. Oct 07, 2019 Dark Mode, available in macOS Mojave or later, is a dramatic new look that's easy on your eyes and helps you focus on your work.Dark Mode uses a dark color scheme that works system wide, including with the apps that come with your Mac. And third-party apps can adopt it, too. Mar 17, 2020 Both the iPhone and Mac App Store are filled with excellent calendar apps. Read the post to find the five best calendar apps for Apple iOS and macOS.
If you don’t see your printer listed on the left, click the Add button at the bottom of the list. It may take a minute or two for your printer to appear. A dialog appears listing printers on your local network. Select your printer when it appears in the list, then click Add. Pdf printer app for mac.
Dark Mode, available in macOS Mojave or later, is a dramatic new look that's easy on your eyes and helps you focus on your work. Dark Mode uses a dark color scheme that works system wide, including with the apps that come with your Mac. And third-party apps can adopt it, too.
Turn on Dark Mode
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click General, then select one of the Appearance options at the top of the window:
- Light: Use the light appearance.
- Dark: Use the dark appearance.
- Auto (available in macOS Catalina): Automatically use the light appearance during the day, and the dark appearance at night.
How Dark Mode works with some apps and features
Some apps and features have special Dark Mode settings or behaviors.
- Mail. To use a light background for email messages while Dark Mode is turned on, open Mail and choose Mail > Preferences, then click the Viewing tab and deselect ”Use dark backgrounds for messages.”
- Maps. To use a light background for maps while Dark Mode is turned on, click View in the menu bar in Maps, then deselect Use Dark Map.
- Notes. To use a light background for notes while Dark Mode is turned on, open Notes and choose Notes > Preferences, then deselect ”Use dark backgrounds for note content.”
- Safari. When you use Dark Mode, Safari automatically shows a website in Dark Mode if the website has been designed to support it. If the website doesn't support Dark Mode, you can use Safari Reader to read articles in Dark Mode.
- TextEdit. To use a light background for documents while Dark Mode is turned on, click View in the menu bar in TextEdit, then deselect Use Dark Background for Windows. (Requires macOS Mojave 10.14.2 or later.)
- Dynamic Desktop. If you turn on Dark Mode while using Dynamic Desktop, the desktop may change to the dark still image. You can change this setting in Desktop & Screen Saver preferences.
1. Microsoft OutlookMicrosoft purchased the Sunrise calendar app in 2015 and shut down the further development of the app. Over the years, the company has integrated its features in the Outlook Email app, making it one of the best Calendar apps out there.The UI is quite nice. Swipe left to reveal the hamburger menu and select the calendar options to display in the app. You can also add calendar entries from popular platforms like Facebook, Evernote, Meetup, and Wunderlist.While adding an event, Outlook lets you add details like location, Skype Call, description, and more. My favorite function is Interesting calendars. It lets you import schedules from well-known TV series and popular sports like Cricket, Basketball, Tennis, Football, etc.Speaking of its Mac app, users do require Office 365 subscription to use the Outlook app. It provides a monthly view and lets you add events on the go. I like how it integrates Sticky Notes as well as Tasks from the Microsoft To-Do app.Download Microsoft Outlook for iOSDownload Microsoft Outlook for Mac
Also on Guiding Tech
Apple Calendar vs Fantastical: Which Calendar App Is Better for YouRead More
2. FantasticalFantastical has the best user interface among all the calendar apps out there. It’s quick, fluid, and responsive. Fantastical has paid special attention to the ‘add event’ screen. By using the numbers raw above, one can quickly write like ’20:00 Client Call,’ and the app will set an event for 8.00 PM.Users can long-tap on any event and create a template out of it. I use it all the time to add my most-used events with a single click. Similar to Outlook, Fantastical supports third-party calendars. It lets you add events from Sports, TV, Finance, and more.Other functions include theme support, the ability to change app icons, AccuWeather integration (this should be present in every calendar app), 3D touch support, iOS widgets, and more.The Mac app is equally powerful too. Everything, including templates, gets synced over the desktop app. The quick add function remains the same on the big screen. Fantastical used to be a one-time purchase, but the developers recently switched to a subscription model, which now costs $5 per month.Download Fantastical for iOSDownload Fantastical for macOS
3. Apple CalendarApple Calendar is a solid option for the majority out there. It’s free and works well with the Apple ecosystem. The app offers a familiar UI with all the major options within reach.While adding an event, you can integrate details such as travel time, attachments, URL, notes, and location. I would like to see FaceTime voice/video reminders in add event function.Apart from iCloud, it supports the major third-party calendars like Gmail and Outlook. The list of functionalities includes Siri Shortcuts, iOS 13 dark theme, the ability to share calendars, and more.Their Mac app is quite basic. Apart from adding a quick event, Apple Calendar doesn’t offer much for the big screen.
Also on Guiding Tech
Apple Calendar vs Google Calendar: Which Calendar App Should You UseRead More
4. Woven CalendarWoven Calendar brings a breath of fresh air among the traditional calendars. The default home page is a mixture of recent updates, stats of overall weekly meeting time, travel hours, and tags.These two functions stood out for me. While adding an event, you can create a group poll and ask your members to vote for an appropriate time for the meeting. You can share the poll link using the Woven iMessage app, Email, or SMS.The planning section is a nice place to dump all the tasks, polls, and events to schedule them later. Woven has an integrated map view that shows where your upcoming event is and how much traveling you will need in a day. Power users will appreciate template function, which lets you create templates for most used events.Woven’s Mac app is one of the best out there. All the major functions are nicely tied up in the hamburger menu. The templates, planning, and home have been carried over to the Mac app. It supports keyboard shortcuts too.Woven is completely free to use, which is surprising given the kind of functions it provides on both iOS and macOSDownload Woven for iOSDownload Woven for macOS
5. Any.doAny.do is the ultimate Calendar and Task management app out there. By default, it imports tasks from the Apple Reminders app.While adding an event, you can add the basic details like Notes, URL, location, and more. Any.do holds an upper hand with third-party apps integration. It supports over 1500+ services, including some big names like Evernote, Trello, Slack, OneNote, and more.The company has added a neat WhatsApp integration, which reminds you of a task while using the chatting app.
Slack Desktop App For MacThe Mac app mimics the functions of the mobile version and supports customizable wallpapers too. However, there are no keyboard shortcuts. Any.do is free for basic tasks, but the third-party apps integration and advanced theming engine costs $7 per month.Download Any.do for iOSDownload Any.do for macOS
Also on Guiding Tech
Slack On MacClick here to see our productivity articles page
Plan Your Day in AdvanceAs you can see from the list above, every app offers a few advantages over the other. Outlook is perfect for those living in the Microsoft ecosystem. Fantastical is an all-rounder, Apple Calendar is free, Woven is preferable for power users, while Any.do is a sweet mixture of task management and calendar.
Next up:Using Windows 10 PC and looking for the best to-do apps for it? Read the post below to find the best seven apps for it.
The above article may contain affiliate links which help support Guiding Tech. However, it does not affect our editorial integrity. The content remains unbiased and authentic.Read Next7 Best To-Do Apps for Your Windows 10 PCAlso See#task manager #calendar
Did You Know
Notion, the productivity app, was founded in 2013.