- Jan 17, 2019 Whether you want to revert to an app’s previous icon, or want to have some fun with customizing a variety of your apps, read on for how to change Mac app icons. Changing Mac app icons.
- Bartender is a popular application for doing this on a Mac. There’s a four-week free trial, but a full license will cost you $15 for use on all your Macs. It’s up to you whether this is worth it, but Bartender allows you to both rearrange the app icons (on pre-Sierra versions.
Change your desktop picture from System Preferences
Dec 21, 2018 How to change folders and apps icons on Mac. First things first, prepare the image file you want to use. Icons work well but you can use the standard image in jpg, gif and png format. Also, find your app or folder in the Finder. Click on your image and open with the Preview (or other software if you prefer) Press Cmd+C on your keyboard. Minimize an app window to the app icon in the Dock. If the option is deselected, the window is minimized to an area in the Dock. Animate opening applications. Make icons bounce when you open apps. Automatically hide and show the Dock. Hide the Dock when you’re not using it.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Click Desktop & Screen Saver.
- From the Desktop pane, select a folder of images on the left, then click an image on the right to change your desktop picture.
In macOS Mojave or later, you can also choose from Dynamic Desktop images, which automatically change throughout the day based on the time of day in your location.
Add a folder of your own images
To add a folder of your own images, click the add button (+) below the list of folders, then choose the folder that contains your images.
Apple App Icon Download
For best results, choose images that are stored on your startup disk. Images stored on a different disk might not load reliably after restarting your Mac, depending on how quickly the other disk becomes available after startup.
Change your desktop picture from Photos
Change File Icon Mac
- Open the Photos app.
- If you're using multiple displays, drag the Photos window over the desktop that you want to change.
- Control-click (or right-click) the image that you want to use.
- Select Share from the shortcut menu, then choose Set Desktop Picture from the submenu.
Change your desktop picture from the Finder
- From a Finder window or your desktop, locate the image file that you want to use.
- Control-click (or right-click) the file, then choose Set Desktop Picture from the shortcut menu. If you're using multiple displays, this changes the wallpaper of your primary display only.
If you don't see Set Desktop Picture in the shortcut menu, you should see a submenu named Services instead. Free pdf software for mac. Choose Set Desktop Picture from there.
Free Icons For Mac
- If Location Services is turned off, Dynamic Desktop images change throughout the day based on the time zone selected in Date & Time preferences, not based on your specific location.
- You can use these image formats for desktop pictures: PNG, JPEG, TIFF, and PICT.
- For more information about the settings in Desktop preferences, click in the corner of the Desktop preferences window.