- Get Windows Software On Mac Free
- Mac Software On Windows 10
- Download Windows Support Software On Mac
- Using Windows On A Mac
Mac vs Windows. Windows vs Mac. Why choose if you can get the best of both worlds by dual booting? Install Windows on Mac so you can jump back and forth from one operating system to another on the same computer.
Jan 28, 2017 Run Mac on Windows If you're interested in running Mac OS X, but unfortunately you don't have right budget for your hackintosh or if OS X is not supported on your existing PC or Laptop then you.
By now, the practice is well-established and Windows can work on Mac well. In this article, we’ll have a deep look at installing Windows on Mac. Don’t worry, we’ll have your back the whole way through!
Boot Camp for Mac vs virtualization software
If you want to install Windows on your Mac, you have two options. You can either use Mac Boot Camp, a native feature of the macOS operating system, or you can use a third party virtualization program. Both methods have their own pros and cons, so let’s dive in.
Boot Camp is built into the operating system of all Macs. If you go to your Applications > Utilities folder, you’ll see the Boot Camp Assistant app. It makes the separate partition on your hard drive for installing and running Windows. Once Windows is installed in Boot Camp, every time you turn on your Mac, you will be asked to choose the operating system you want to run. This means that in order to switch from macOS to Windows, you need to reboot your computer.
Get Windows Software On Mac Free
- built into your operating system
- easy to use — Boot Camp Assistant guides you through the installation process
- puts less strain on your Mac’s memory and processing power
- completely free (not Windows of course)
- easy to update
- you need to reboot your computer to switch between the systems
- transferring data between operating systems isn’t easy
Virtualization programs are third-party applications that allow to install a separate operating system on one machine. They run like any other app on your Mac, so you can see the entire Windows desktop within a window on your computer.
Among the most popular virtualization programs are VirtualBox, Parallels, and VMware. Each one has its peculiarities, but we’ll try to sum up what they have in common.
- you can run both operating systems at the same time
- easy file integration between systems
- you need at least 8 GB of RAM for Mac to run smoothly
- virtualization apps are not cheap
- updates are not free
Depending on your specific needs, you can choose the option that works best for you. But we suggest using Boot Camp. It’s a free native feature of your operating system, running directly on your hardware. Therefore, it will be faster than any other method. And below, you’ll find all information on how to run Boot Camp on your Mac.
How to use Boot Camp: Preparing your Mac
1. Check the system requirements
Some versions of Windows require a certain processor and more hard drive space than the others. Therefore, you have to check the documentation that came with your copy of Windows to learn what you need.
You also need to make sure that your Mac is compatible with the version of Windows you want to install. For instance, Windows 10 is supported on these models:
- MacBook (2015 and later)
- MacBook Pro (2012 and later)
- MacBook Air (2012 and later)
- iMac (2012 and later)
- Mac Mini (2012 and later)
2. Clean up your hard drive
You need to have at least 55 GB of free disk space on your startup drive for installing Windows on a Mac. And if you don’t feel like spending the next several hours cleaning your Mac manually, you can use a powerful utility CleanMyMac X to find and remove all the junk from your startup disk.
CleanMyMac has everything to finish the 3-hour task of cleaning your hard drive in less than 5 minutes. It will scan every inch of your system and remove gigabytes of junk in two clicks. By the way, CleanMyMac finds about 75 GB of junk on average — more than enough for a smooth Windows installation.
Here’s how to clean your Mac with CleanMyMac X:
- Download CleanMyMac here.
- Run the app and click Scan.
- Click Run.
That’s it! Gigabytes of junk are gone from your computer forever.
3. Back up your Mac
Finally, you should also perform a backup of your Mac in case something goes wrong. Although, it happens very rarely, it’s always better to back up your important data. There are a few methods of backing up your Mac, so choose the most convenient one for you.
You can make automatic backups with Time Machine — software that comes with your Mac. It backs up all data, so you can recover individual files or your entire system from your backups. You may also store files in iCloud and access them whenever you need. iCloud comes with 5 GB of free storage but you can upgrade it any time. If you have an external storage device, you can copy some files and folders on it.
We do recommend you to back up your Mac before installing Windows as it minimizes the chance of losing important data.
How to Install Windows with Boot Camp
Here’s how to install Boot Camp. The installation can be a little time consuming, but it is by no means difficult. Check out the details below.
Step 1: Get a Windows disk image
First of all, you need to get the Windows disk image (ISO file) from the Microsoft website. Here’s how to download it:
- Visit the Windows 10 disk image download website.
- Go to the Select edition menu and choose Windows 10.
- Click Confirm.
- Choose the language of installation and click Confirm.
- Click 64-bit Download and then click Save.
The ISO file now will be downloaded to your Mac.
Step 2: Open Boot Camp Assistant
Boot Camp Assistant guides you through installing Windows on your Mac. You just have to follow the onscreen instructions. To launch the Boot Camp Assistant, go to Applications > Utilities folder. Click continue and Boot Camp for Mac will automatically locate the ISO file on your system.
Step 3: Create a partition for Windows
When you are done with the Assistant, your Mac restarts to the Windows installer. When you are asked where you want to install Windows, choose the BOOTCAMP partition and click Format.
*Note that this step is only required if you’re using a flash drive or optical drive to install Windows. In other cases, the right partition will be selected and formatted for you automatically.
Step 4: Install Windows
To finish the installation, you have to follow the onscreen instructions. Take a long breath — the next 12 steps may seem like climbing Everest, but it’s much easier than you think. Here’s how to install Windows on a Mac:
Mac contacts app not responding high sierra. Oct 21, 2017 Hello, My Mac has been working fine since upgrade to High Sierra a couple of weeks ago. Sorted all my contacts last week. Then tonight, same problem as Davo10101. One bounce, then nothing and right click shows app not responding message. Tried in another user account on same machine and exactly the same problem. Any new suggestions?
- Choose your ISO file and click the Install button.
- Type your Password and click OK. You will see the Windows Setup screen.
- Select your language.
- Click Install Now.
- Type your product key if you have it. Otherwise, click 'I don’t have a product key'.
- Select Windows 10 Pro or Windows Home and then click Next.
- Click Drive 0 Partition X: BOOTCAMP.
- Click Next. Windows 10 will be installed.
- When the Setup screen appears, click either Use Express Settings or Customize Your Installation. We recommend you to choose the Customize button and disable most, if not all of the switches.
- Then you’ll be asked to create an account. Type a username. You can also add a password if you want.
- Click Next.
- Choose whether you want to use the Cortana personal assistant or not. You can disable it by clicking Not Now button.
Mac Software On Windows 10
Windows will boot fully so you can use it normally.
On the Welcome to Boot Camp Installer box, click Next and accept the terms in the license agreement. Then click Install to proceed. When the installer completes, click Finish to reboot your machine.
Step 5: Restart your Mac
By default, your Mac will still boot to macOS. To access Windows, you have to turn your Mac off and then turn it on while holding the Option (Alt) key. You will be asked from which drive you’d like to boot.
Note that while in Windows, the Mac’s Command key functions as the Windows key, while the Option key functions as the Alt key. If you have a Touch Bar, you’ll see a complete set of buttons, similar to the Control Strip in macOS.
How to remove Windows from your Mac
If for some reasons you don’t need Windows anymore, you can permanently remove it from your Mac. Follow these steps:
- Boot into macOS, launch Boot Camp Assistant and click Continue.
- Choose 'Remove Windows 7 or later version' or 'Remove Windows 10 or later version'.
- Click Restore when you see the Restore Disk to a Single Volume option.
The Boot Camp Assistant will automatically remove Windows from your Mac.
Warning: All data, including software and files, stored on the Windows partition will be deleted, so make the backup copies first.
That may seem like a lot of steps, but it doesn’t take all that long to install Windows on a Mac. Now you can enjoy two operating systems and switch between them right when you need. Cheers! Mac os high sierra download app.
These might also interest you:
It’s 2018, and numerous of the operating system, available on the internet. No doubt in this, Windows is the most widely used operating system. But it doesn’t mean that other Operating Systems are not Good. If you are planning to switch from Windows to Mac, then maybe you are looking for a way, to try Mac OS. Or maybe you want to use some mac software, which isn’t available for Windows. Whatever your reason is, at the end, you want to run Mac on Windows.
The first time, when I thought to install MacOS on Windows, First thing that came to my mind was – Is it possible?. Officially Apple doesn’t provide any ISO file of Mac OS, But you can get it from some third-party sites. There are two ways to install and run MacOS on Windows PC.
IMPORTANT – Before you try any method, the first thing you should know that – Apple’s license for macOS, not allows it to be installed on the non-apple hardware.
First Method – Build a Hackintosh.
What is Hackintosh?.
A Hackintosh is a non-apple hardware, that act like Apple hardware and made to run macOS. It could be manufacture made, or can be built computer personally.
After setting up hardware, the next thing is – Create a bootable drive to install Mac OS.
Note: But you can create bootable drive only using MacOS, with the help of UniBeast. That’s why I don’t prefer this method to run Mac OS on PC.
Second Method – Create MacOS X virtual machine.
This is the best method to run Mac on Windows, you don’t need a Mac or MacOS hardware. And, the best part about creating the virtual machine is, you don’t need to remove your current OS and no external drive required.
What things you”ll need, to run MacOS on Windows PC.
– PC with 64-bit windows, dual-core processor (Intel/AMD) and minimum 4GB of RAM. (VT-x support required)
– Virtualization Software – You can use VirtualBox or VMware Workstation. (check out my article on – VMware vs VirtualBox)
– MacOS X ISO File. (Check the link in the comment section.)
- 1 Run mac on windows.
- 1.1 Run virtual mac on windows – VirtualBox.
Run mac on windows.
This method will work with all Mac OS ISO file, And in this article, I am using Mac OS Sierra 10.12.
Run virtual mac on windows – VirtualBox.
Step: 1 Download and Install VirtualBox software on your Windows Computer. Now open it, and then click on the new button to create a new virtual machine.
Step: 2 Virtual machine installation setup will ask you to enter machine name, OS type, and version.
You can enter anything in name, but in OS type and version choose this –
Mac OS X
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (64 bit)
Note: Always choose the lower version of available ISO file. And if you have 32-bit OS ISO then choose 32-bit version. Here I have Mac OS X Sierra 10.12 version, that’s why I am selecting 10.11 version to run OS smoothly.
Step: 3 In next windows, the virtual software will ask you to select RAM for the virtual machine.
The minimum RAM required to run Mac on Windows is, 4GB. But if your computer has total 4GB RAM then you can allocate 2GB (2048 MB) to the virtual machine.
Step: 4 After selecting the RAM, now time to create a virtual hard disk. Select “Create a virtual hard disk now” option and then click on Create button.
– Choose VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image) and click on next.
– Choose Dynamically allocated and click on next.
Now, setup will ask you to allocate hard disk size, You can select between 50 to 100 GB, then click on next.
Step: 5 Right-click on created Mac OS virtual machine, and then select settings option.
– First, Click on system and unmark floppy option.
– Then click on the processor and choose 2 CPU. (Dual core required to run Mac OS)
– After selecting 2 CPU, Go to display settings section and select 128 MB video memory.
Step: 6 Add ISO File – Click on storage devices then you can see the empty option, right click on it and then choose “remove attachment” option.
– Click on “+” icon to add new storage controller and then select Add SATA Controller to add.
– Then choose the third option to add new storage and then choose “Add Optical Drive”.
– Now use “Choose Disk” option to select Mac OS ISO file that you have downloaded, Click on OK.
If you have download MacOS files from my link then you”ll get VirtualBox VM settings text file. To run Mac OS without any error you need to apply settings mentioned in that text file.
Apply VirtualBox Settings.
– First, open VirtualBox VM settings text file in notepad++.
– Press Ctrl+F key and then click on Replace button.
Download Windows Support Software On Mac
– Now, Replace “VM Name” with “MacOS Sierra 10.12” (Or use the name you entered while creating virtual machine)
To apply these settings, which appears in the text file. Open the command prompt and then copy and paste these commands, one by one and press enter.
Run Mac OS X Virtual Machine.
To Run Mac on windows, Right click on created Mac OS virtual machine then, Go to Start> Normal Start. (First, it will take a few minutes to verify all details and hardware.)
Note: Close all other running windows program, While using Mac OS virtual machine.
– Select “Use English for the main language” option then click on start button.
– Now, from MacOS file menu, select Utilities > Disk Utilities > Click on VBOX HARDDISK MEDIA > Click on erase button > Enter OS Name (MacOS Sierra 10.12) and click on erase button.
After erasing VirtualBox hard disk, close utility menu, and then click on continue button.
On next windows it will ask you for license agreement click on Continue> then click on Agree button.
Now, Disk selection menu will appear, choose macOSSierra and Click on Continue.
After clicking on continue, the installation process will get started, and it will take minutes or an hour according to your computer hardware.
When installation process gets completed, Mac OS will ask you few things like – Country, Keyboard language, Location services, and Apple ID. Set all things and then you can use MacOS on your Windows PC.
Using Windows On A Mac
Conclusion – Run Mac on Windows.
This is the best method to install Mac OS on PC using Virtual Machine. If you follow complete guide properly then you will not face any error. But if still, you face any issue while installing or running Mac OS on your Windows PC then, you can comment. And, If you like VMware Workstation then you need to apply different settings using the command prompt. But I suggest you, to use VirtualBox because Mac OS installation is easy with it.