- Dvd Software Free
- Best Mac Dvd Copy Software
- Free Dvd Conversion Software For Mac Computer
- Free Dvd Burning Software Mac
- Free Dvd Conversion Software For Mac
MKV is a great file format for storing videos. Unfortunately, these files cannot be played by most DVD players in the market. Therefore, there is a need of software that can convert the MKV videos to DVD. Thankfully, there are quite a few pieces of MKV to DVD converter free software that can perform this task. After all, you may require a DVD version of a video file for a variety of reasons.
Part 1: Top 5 MKV to DVD Free Converter for Mac (EL Capitan and Yosemite included)
You are certain to find pieces of software that can run on your Mac OS X computer. Quite a few of them will be free which makes them perfect if you wish to covert large numbers of files from MKV to DVD.
- DVD Converter for Mac is powerful, ideal Mac DVD ripper and All-in-One video conversion software to rip your DVD movie to video/audio files like convert DVD to MPEG, convert DVD to AVI, WMV, DivX, MP4, MP3, etc., which can be perfectly played on most portable players such as iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, PSP, Xbox 360, PS3, iRiver, Creative Zen, Archos, cell phone, MP4 Player, MP3 player, and other.
- Download Free MP4 Converter for macOS 10.7 or later and enjoy it on your Mac. Free MP4 Converter is professional MP4 Video Converting software, which helps you convert any video format to and from MP4 video for playback on iPhone (iPhone X/8/7/SE/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4S), iPad (iPad Pro/Air 2/mini 3/4/Air/mini 2), iPod, and Apple TV.
#1. iSkysoft DVD Creator for Mac
Part 2: Best DVD burning software for Mac with free trial. 2D to 3D conversion support. ☉ Built-in menu templates and edit disc menu with personal preferences. The best thing about Leawo DVD Creator for Mac is that the trial version of the software contains all of the functions in the full version. The only limit of the trial version is.
iSkysoft DVD Creator for Mac is a great software to convert MKV to DVD on Mac OS X, including the new EL Capitan, Yosemite, Mountain Lion, Lion, and Snow Leopard. Besides MKV, you can import videos in various formats like MP4, WMV, MOV, AVI, and more. And you also can turn the online videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and other sites into DVD. Any home made movies with camcorder or phones can be turned to DVD without any fuss. To make your DVD special, you can edit the videos and add a beautiful menu before burning to DVD. Just try it out.
#2. Pavtube Free DVD Creator for Mac
This software is available in both free and paid versions. However, the free version is also capable of converting MKV videos to DVD just as easily as the paid version. Pavtube is considered to be one of the better pieces of software for conversions available for Mac currently.Pros:
- There are free templates for the DVD menu.
- Many useful features are unavailable in the free version.
- You can use this software only for making DVDs and nothing more.
#3. Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter is one of the most popular video converters available. The free version can be used to covert MKV files to DVD. You will find it to be very useful for converting videos on your Mac computer.
How to installing Brother mfc driver. Brother mfc 9130cw scanner software mac.Pros:
- In spite of it being a freeware, a wide range of formats is supported.
- Videos can be downloaded from various websites.
- The conversion speed is not too good.
- The video editor is very basic.
#4. E.M. Free MKV Video2Dvd
The Free MKV Video2Dvd from Effect Matrix makes it easier to convert the videos from MKV to DVD due to its simple interface.Pros:
- The software has an intuitive interface. You only need to drag and drop the files to the interface.
- There are many menu templates available.
- The supported formats are extremely limited.
#5. MacX Free MKV Video Converter
The MacX Free MKV Video Converter is a great piece of software for converting MKV files into your desired format such as DVD. There are additional features which make the software more useful.Pros:
- The software supports a range of video formats.
- The features in the free version are extremely limited.
- The free version of the software does not support HD videos.
Part 2: Top 5 MKV to DVD Free Converter for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP and Vista
There are many reasons why you may wish to convert MKV files to DVD. Having a DVD copy is a great way to keep backups of your favorite videos. Additionally, you can watch your videos on television by means of a DVD player.
#1. iSkysoft DVD Creator
iSkysoft DVD Creator version allows you to burn MKV to DVD on any windows OS, like Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP and Vista. Simply drag and drop any formats videos or videos downloaded from the sites, you can burn high quality DVD. It provides you with many free menu templates so you can customize your DVD to make your own masterpiece.
#2. E.M. Free MKV Video2Dvd
It is easily one of the better video converters that you can find for free. You can use it for more purposes than to simply convert files from MKV to DVD.Pros:
- Various subtitle formats are also supported.
- Other hand MKV to DVD conversion all other types of conversions will contain a watermark.
- Most features absent in the free version.
#3. Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter has remained a very popular choice for video conversions ever since it was released. Free versions of this software are available which can help you convert MKV videos to DVD.Pros:
- A wide variety of formats is supported even by the free version.
- Apart from the conversion function, other features are rather basic.
#4. Freemake Video Converter
As the name suggests, the Freemake Video Converter is completely free. Be that as it may, the software is pretty good and you will have no problems in converting your MKV files to DVD.Pros:
- Videos can be converted easily
- The list of supported formats is rather limited.
Super is widely considered to be one of the most powerful conversion tools. Moreover it is available for free. If you want to convert your MKV videos to DVD, this software will be more than capable of fulfilling your wishes.Pros:
- It is one of the most powerful free utilities for converting videos and even audios.
- The range of supported formats is incredibly comprehensive and vast.
- The interface is very poor and complicated.
- Beginners will have a tough time in understanding the various functions.
Nowadays, it is not necessary for you to download a piece of software in order to get your videos converted. There are many websites which offer conversion services which will make it easier to convert MKV to DVD free online. If you are looking for such a website to convert your video files, you can try out Office Converter.
Office Convertor is an online file conversion service. With the help of this website, you can convert various kinds of files from one format to another. It can be used not only on computers but also in your mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. You can use this website to convert your documents, audio files and even videos.
With the help of Office Converter, you can convert your videos from MKV to DVD. Moreover, you can convert the videos for free. It is also possible for you to download and directly convert videos from YouTube. Another great feature of this website is its ability to process batch conversions of YouTube playlists.
How to Burn MKV files to DVD with Office Converter
Burning files to DVD has never been easier thanks to Office Converter. The process of conversion is extremely simple.
- Open the appropriate conversion page in Office Converter in your browser.
- Use the option 'Add files' to add an MKV video file from your computer.
- Let it upload completely.
- If you wish to convert a batch of files, simply add them together.
- Once uploaded, you should click the 'Start Convert' button.
- Wait for the conversion to be completed.
- Download the converted file.
Disadvantages of Using an Online Service to Convert MKV to DVD
An online service can be quite beneficial while trying to convert video files from one format to another. The most significant of its advantages is certainly the fact that you can use the service without any costs. Be that as it may, such services tend to have quite a few disadvantages.
- Presence of an Upload Limit
The majority of online file conversion services tend to place a limit on the size of the file that you can upload for conversions. Therefore, it is unlikely that you will be able to convert longer videos such as movies with these services. If you want to increase the size you are allowed to upload, you will have to register yourself with the website. Some websites will charge you during the registration while others will not.
- Delay in Conversion
It will not be possible for you to get your videos converted in a short period of time no matter what you want. There are bound to be delays in the conversion especially if you are using their services free of cost. If the service is used widely, the waiting time can be considerable.
- File Availability
In order to protect the privacy of your videos, the majority of online file conversion services will be deleting them from their server after 24 hours. While this is certainly beneficial for you, it can also be a problem. After all, you may end up deleting or misplacing the converted video. In such cases, the only option remains is to convert the video all over again.
If you are looking for options to get your MKV videos converted into DVD, you are certain to find many. Of course, you should only end up choosing the correct option for your needs. You can use software for your Mac or Windows computer that has the features you require apart from an excellent conversion system. Alternatively, there are file conversion websites.
by Christine Smith • 2020-06-23 21:05:13 • Proven solutions
Have downloaded your favorite videos from YouTube and other popular sites and want to enjoy them on your big screen HD TV? No worries when you have a DVD converter at your service. A good converter has become a necessity to have a backup of your important and special videos and make them playable over a range of devices and players. Moreover, converting your videos to DVD allows easy sharing them with your near and dear ones. Read below to clear your queries on how to convert video to DVD, and learn the top 6 best and free video to DVD converter to help you handle your issues.
Part 1. 6 Recommended Video to DVD Converters
There are a number of programs and software that help to copy the video to DVD. You can select a tool that best suits your requirements. In the following part, we recommend some of the best programs for putting video onto DVD.
1. Wondershare UniConverter (Most Recommended)
One of the top-recommended video software to convert videos to DVD is Wondershare UniConverter. This professional program from Wondershare is an excellent video toolbox that looks after all your videos related needs, be it burning to DVD, converting, transferring, editing, and others. Using UniConverter, you can convert all popular video formats to DVD and Blu-ray disc in just a few steps. Burning music to CD is also available with this converter.
Key Features of Wondershare DVD Converter:
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video to DVD Converter for Windows/Mac (Catalina Included)
- Convert all formats videos to DVD compatible format(VOB) and burn into DVD/Blu-ray disc.
- Support over 1000 video/audio formats like MP4/MOV/MKV/AVI/MP3/WMA/WAV, and more.
- Burn videos in any format to DVD/Blu-ray disc directly and simply.
- Built-in video editor to customize videos before converting and burning with features like trimming, cropping, rotating, and more.
- Burn videos to DVD with free menu templates and other customized features.
- Download videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites by simply pasting links.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista and Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
How to Convert Video to DVD using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Launch Wondershare Video to DVD Converter and Add Files
Download, install, and open Wondershare UniConverter on your PC/Mac. Under the Convert tab, browse and add local videos by hitting the +Add Files. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the files to the interface.
Step 2 Select DVD Video (VOB) as Output Format
Once your video is added, select DVD compatible format VOB and its resolution from the Video tab under the Convert all files to option.
Step 3 Convert Video to DVD Video
Finally, click the Convert all to start the video to the DVD conversion process. You're optional to change the output destination folder before the conversion and find the converted files by tapping the Output icon.
Bonus feature: Burn video to DVD in clicks
In addition to conversion, Wondershare UniConverter also helps to burn video to DVD in Windows as well as Mac system. You can convert MP4/MOV/WMV to DVD easily with following simple steps.
Steps to Burn Video to DVD for Playback Using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1: Open the Wondershare DVD burner on your PC/Mac. On the main interface, click +Add Files from the Burn tab to add video files from your PC. Alternatively, you can also add the downloaded and recorded videos or videos from the Load DVD option.
Step 2: Once the video is added to the software interface, select the desired DVD template from the given options. Move the right and the left arrow to browse the available template designs. Next, enter further details like DVD label, Menu Type, Aspect Ratio, TV Standard, and Quality. Click the edit icon to open settings window for further video editing and to add background image or music.
Step 3: At Burn video to option, select the destination folder or DVD where you want to burn the video. Finally, hit Burn to start the process.
Now, you can follow the above steps to know how to burn video to DVD/Blu-ray disc quickly and play your burned DVD in any playable devices.
2. Free Video to DVD Converter
If you have limited conversion needs and looking for a pocket-friendly tool, then a free video to DVD converter will prove to be an apt choice. There are a number of these free programs available and one of the popularly used is DVDVideoSoft Free Video to DVD Converter. This desktop software allows converting an array of formats to DVD and also facilitates burning them to a DVD disk. Thus this DVDVideoSoft tool is a decent program to burn video to DVD Windows. The software allows creating a simple and functional DVD menu automatically and also helps in detecting the size of the future video and DVD folder. The program runs on Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP/SP3 OS and has no adware or spyware and is safe to use.
Cons of using DVDVideoSoft Free Video to DVD Converter:
- Works only on Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP/SP3 OS and does not support the Mac system.
- It allows converting videos to the only DVD and does not support other output formats.
- It does not support any DVD templates and customized settings.
- The burning successful rate is not high.
You can opt for this free video to DVD converter and burner for basic video conversion and burning needs.
While Windows feature Windows Media Player that offers standard disc-burning utilities, another DVD burning software that is Windows-based in nature is ImgBurn. This is free software that comes from DVD Decrypter makers. ImgBurn is proven to be reliable and easy to use DVD burning software allowing users to burn and read DVDs as well as ISOs. This software appeals to many users for the reason that installation is extremely easy with the “Wizard” tool helping in setting up the program. ImgBurn has also the ability to completely customize the software and users can choose from the six different modes and the 13 setting tabs. ImgBurn is also unbeatable when it comes to reading disc to images in your hard drive as well as building disc image from your computer files.
4. Ashampoo Burning Studio Free
Individuals should definitely check out on Ashampoo Burning Studio Free if they are looking for an excellent DVD-burning software option offering many other bonus features. This software has the ability to burn all forms of discs such as Blu-ray ay and its burn speed can be automatically set. The thing that is particularly impressive about this DVD burning software is that it provides integrated support for more than 1,700 DVD burners.
For full-pledged DVD burning software which is easy to use and completely free, there is no greater option than BurnAware. This software can create top-quality DVDs which even include Blu-ray. BurnAware has also the capacity of making and burning ISO images. However, what makes this software really stands out is the user interface. BurnAware requires lower CPU usage and it’s multilingual and clean. It also comes with advanced options like ISO levels and restrictions, the ability to delete DVDs, session selections, direct copying, and byte-by-byte verification.
6. Freemake Video Converter
This is also one of the best DVD converters helping you convert video to DVD, MPG, MP4, FLV, AVI, and Android-friendly videos on Mac OS and Windows 10. Freemake Video Converter is also capable of decrypting and converting DVD videos in several forms while ultimately keeping the quality of the video or audio file. Before, it was a completely free video to DVD converter, but now it always prompts you to upgrade to the premium version.
Part 2. What Is An Ideal DVD Converter
There are a number of video to DVD converters available that comes loaded with a different set of features and functions. If you are in search of a program to transfer video to DVD, there are certain specifications that are needed for the smooth process. Listed below are the features that must be present in an ideal DVD converter.
1. Support all major formats to convert video to DVD: An ideal converter should support all major and popularly used formats like MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, and others which can be converted to DVD format.
Dvd Software Free
2. Allows editing final video: An ideal video to DVD service, program, or software should allow video editing so that the final video can be customized as per requirements. Some needed features that should be available are cropping, trimming, joining, splitting, and adding a background image and audio files.
Best Mac Dvd Copy Software
3. Intuitive interface: In order to change the video to DVD in an easy and simple manner, the program should have an intuitive interface. A user-friendly program can be used by all types of people without having a technical background.
4. Organizing videos and clips: A good video to DVD transfer service should have features that allow you to keep their videos, clips, and other files in an organized manner.
5. Burn any video to a DVD: An ideal tool to convert video to DVD format should burn all types of video to a DVD in a simple and quick manner.
6. Additional features: A professional and good video to DVD converter machine comes packed with added features like fast conversion, video download, free video templates, adding background image and music, burning multiple DVDs with one-time settings, real-time preview, and others.
Free Dvd Conversion Software For Mac Computer
Part 3. Conclusion on How to Choose Video to DVD Converter
Free Dvd Burning Software Mac
If you are getting your movie library in proper order, it helps a lot to have your video in the right format that you know would play in any device without issue, you need to choose the best DVD converter. To avoid wasting your DVD disc and time to try more software free or paid and find a reliable one. Wondershare UniConverter can meet the above needs.