|Fate||Private (1930–69), acquired by The Quaker Oats Company in 1969|
|Founded||June 19, 1930|
Margaret Evans Price
Rebecca D. Fisher
East Aurora, New York,
|Products||Baby gear, toys, dolls, books, puzzles|
|Revenue||US$1.7 billion (2017)|
Fisher-Price is an American company that produces educational toys for infants, toddlers, and children, headquartered in East Aurora, New York. Fisher-Price has been a subsidiary of Mattel since 1993.
Fisher-Price Manuals; Evenflo Manuals; Philips Manuals; Badger Basket Manuals; Eddie Bauer Manuals. Please help find the manual for this ILO MP3 Player. ILO MP3 Player mp-556. ILO MP3 Player 2 gig, red.unsure of # 0 Solutions. DIGITAL MUSIC PLAYER. ILO MP3 Player MP3&WMA. Best mac software programs. Is there a battery in this unit?or do I have to. The KT Music Player is compatible with the most popular formats of digital music (.mp3,.wma. And DRM-free.aac files from the iTunes music store). The KT Music Player features built-in speakers, a sing-along microphone, a 1' x 2' B&W LCD screen that allows kids to easily find their favorite songs, sturdy rubberized overmold and carry handle.
Founded in 1930 by Herman Fisher, Irving Price, Price's illustrator-artist wife Margaret Evans Price, and Helen Schelle, the name Fisher-Price was established by combining two of the three names. Fisher worked previously in manufacturing, selling and advertising games for a company in Churchville, New York. Price had retired from a major variety chain store, and Helen Schelle previously operated Penny Walker Toy Shop in Binghamton, New York. Fisher-Price's fundamental toy-making principles centered on intrinsic play value, ingenuity, strong construction, good value for the money, and action. Early toys were made of heavy steel parts and ponderosa pine, which resisted splintering and held up well to heavy use. The details and charm were added with colorful lithographic labels. Mrs. Price was the first Art Director and designed push-pull toys for the opening line, based on characters from her children's books.
In 1931, three of the four founders took 16 of their wooden toys to the American International Toy Fair in New York City and they quickly became a success. The first Fisher-Price toy ever sold was 'Dr. Doodle' in 1931. (The same toy, in excellent condition, would be worth a considerable amount in today's collectibles market.) In the early 1950s, Fisher-Price identified plastic as a material that could help the company incorporate longer-lasting decorations and brighter colors into its toys. 'Buzzy Bee' was the first Fisher-Price toy to make use of plastic. By the end of the 1950s, Fisher-Price manufactured 39 toys incorporating plastics.
During the 1960s, the Play Family (later known as Little People) product line was introduced and soon overtook the popularity of earlier toys. Herman Fisher retired at the age of 71 in 1969 and the Quaker Oats Company bought Fisher-Price the same year.
In 1991, Fisher-Price regained its independence from The Quaker Oats Company and became a publicly traded company. Two years later, in November 1993, Fisher-Price became a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel. A new management group set the company's focus on basic, infant and preschool products and began expansion into international markets. By 1997, Mattel decided to market all of its preschool products under the Fisher-Price name.
Brother mfc 9130cw scanning software. And other countries.
Fisher-Price has created approximately 5,000 different toys since the early 1930s. One of Fisher-Price's best-known lines is Little People toys, which includes people and animal figures along with various play sets such as a house, farm, school, garage and vehicles. The figures, which originally were wooden peg-style characters, are now molded of plastic and have detailed features.
In addition to Little People, some of the toys and toy brands that have remained popular for many years include Power Wheels, View-Master, Rescue Heroes, the Chatter Telephone, and the Rock-a-Stack. Other brands marketed under the Fisher-Price name over the years include Disney, Sesame Street, Dora the Explorer, and See 'n Say.
Fisher-Price also designs and sells infant care products and has begun developing electronic toys for preschoolers.
In 2009, Fisher-Price bought all toy rights to Thomas & Friends except for the Wooden Railway line. Through Mattel's 2012 acquisition of HIT Entertainment, which subsequently became a division of Fisher-Price, Mattel now owns the property outright. With this, toys based on Mike the Knight and Bob the Builder have been subsequently released.
On August 2, 2007, Fisher-Price recalled close to a million toys, including the Dora the Explorer and Sesame Street toys because of possible hazards due to the toys being coated in lead-based paint.
Rock 'n Play recall
Fisher-Price recalled all models of their Rock 'n Play sleeper on 12 April 2019. The product was introduced in 2009, and holds the sleeping baby in an inclined position. More than 30 infants have died while sleeping in a Rock 'n Play. The Consumer Product Safety Commission said these deaths occurred 'after the infants rolled over while unrestrained, or under other circumstances.'
Years before the introduction of the Rock 'n Play sleeper, in the mid-1990s, the American Academy of Pediatrics' Back to Sleep campaign recommended that 'babies should not sleep for long periods in inclined devices'. In babies under one year old, dying during sleep is the leading cause of accidental death. The recommendation that babies sleep flat on their backs, in an empty crib, has cut this death rate in half.
The Rock 'n Play was designed 15 years after these sleep recommendations were published, and violated them. Fisher-Price sold the Rock 'n Play without first getting medical advice, and without doing any safety tests. They continued to sell it for years after the first deaths were reported.
Current brands and products
- Bright Beats
- Butterbean's Cafe related products (2019-present)
- EZ Play Railway
- Laugh & Learn
- Little People (update of the Play Family line)
- Loving Family Dollhouses and accessories
- Quizard the Learning Wizard
- Rainforest Jumparoo
- Smart Toy
- Think & Learn
- Thomas & Friends related products (2010-present)
Baby Gear products
- Baby bouncers
- Baby monitors
- Baby swings
- Booster seats
- Car seats
- Entertainers & activity centers
- High chairs
- Infant seats
- Play yards
- Rainforest Collection
- Tubs & potties
Historic brands and products
- Alphabet magnet board
- ALVINNN! and the Chipmunks related products (2016-2019)
- Amazing Animals
- Baby Gymnastics
- The Backyardigans related products (2006-2007)
- Barney related products (2001-2005, 2018)
- Bear in the Big Blue House related products (1999-2001)
- Between the Lions related products (2000)
- Blaze and the Monster Machines related products (2015-2019)
- Blue's Clues related products (1997-2002) and Blue's Room related products (2005-2006)
- Bob the Builder related products (2016-2019)
- Brilliant Basics
- Chatter Telephone
- Bing related products (International only)
- Bubble Guppies related products (2013-2016)
- Cars 2 related products (2011)
- Cleo & Cuquin related products (International only)
- Construx building toys
- The Croods related products (2013)
- Dance Baby Dance!
- Doodle Pro (changed name from Magna Doodle)
- Dora the Explorer related products (2002-2016) and Dora and Friends related products (2014-2017)
- Dragon Tales related products (2000)
- ESPN products
- Fimbles related products (International only)
- Flip Track (replaced in 2003 by GeoTrax, still compatible with GeoTrax)
- Fun 2 Learn
- Fusion Crew
- Go Diego Go related products (2006-2008)
- Guess with Jess related products (International only)
- Handy Manny related products (2008-2011)
- Higglytown Heroes related products (2006)
- It's a Big Big World related products (2007)
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates related products (2012-2016)
- Jolly Jumping Jack crib toy
- Jungle Junction related products (2010)
- Kid Tough Electronics
- The Koala Brothers related products (2005)
- Krypto the Superdog related products
- Kung Fu Panda 2 related products (2011)
- LazyTown related products (2006)
- Learn Through Music
- Little Bill related products (2001)
- Little Einsteins related products (2007-2008)
- Little Mommy (Baby dolls and their various accessories)
- Lunar Jim related products (International only)
- Baby Smartronics
- Matchbox Junior
- Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted related products (2012)
- Mickey Mouse related products (2000-2002), Mickey Mouse Clubhouse related products (2008-2016) and Mickey and the Roadster Racers related products (2017-2019)
- Mike the Knight related products (2013-2017)
- Miracles and Milestones
- Movie Viewer
- Go Jetters related products (International only)
- My Friend Dolls (Mikey, Becky, etc.)
- Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends related products (2005)
- The Muppets related products (1977-2000)
- Ni Hao, Kai-Lan related products (2009-2011)
- Ocean Wonders
- The Octonauts related products (2013-2016)
- Oreo Matchin Middles Game
- Peppa Pig related products (2013-2016)
- Planes related products (2013)
- PowerTouch Learning System
- Purr-tenders (1987–88)
- PXL-2000 camcorder
- Rolie Polie Olie related products (1999-2000)
- Roly Poly
- roly mo showrelated products (International only)
- Sesame Street related products (2000-2010, 1993-1999 (Tyco))
- Shake 'n Go!
- Shimmer and Shine related products (2017-2020)
- Smart Shopper
- Snap 'n Style Friends & Fashions
- SparkArt Creativity System
- SpongeBob SquarePants related products (2005-2006)
- Star Station Entertainment System
- Sunny Day related products (2018-2020)
- Talk-to-Me books with record 'discs' built into the pages
- Team Umizoomi related products (2012-2015)
- Toots the Train
- Toy Story 3 related products (2010)
- Toy Story 4 related products (2019)
- VeggieTales related products (1999-2001)
- Waybuloo related products (International only)
- Winnie the Pooh related products (1997-2007) and My Friends Tigger & Pooh related products (2008-2010)
- Wonder Pets related products (2008-2009)
- Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! related products (2008-2009)
Starting in the 1980s, seven games which carried the Fisher-Price name have been published by GameTek for the PC and the Commodore 64. In 1990, three of these titles were ported to the Nintendo Entertainment System:
- Fun Flyer (1984) (made but never shipped)
- Firehouse Rescue (1988)
- Little People Bowling Alley (1989)
- School Bus Driver (1989)
- My Grand Piano (1989)
- Perfect Fit (1990)
- I Can Remember (1990)
Titles developed by Davidson & Associates include:
- Fisher Price ABC's
- Fisher Price 123's
- Fisher Price Sing Alongs: Barnyard Rhythm and Moos
- Fisher Price Dream Dollhouse
- Great Adventures Castle
- Great Adventures Pirate Ship
- Great Adventures Wild Western Town
- Puddle Books Series
- Learning in Toyland
- Ready for School Toddler
- Ready for School Preschool
- Ready for School Kindergarten
- Ready for School 1st Grade
Other titles published by Fisher-Price include:
- Great Adventures Pirate Ship (1998)
- Time to Play Pet Shop (1999)
- Big Action Construction (2001)
- Big Action Garage (2001)
Other Fisher-Price products
Other Fisher-Price products include Activegear for families on the go, books, software, car travel accessories, footwear, infant carriers, music, eyeglasses and videos.
- ^'7 Fisher-Price Classic Toys'. thespruce.com. Retrieved November 7, 2017.
- ^'Vintage Fisher-Price Toys'. antique-antiques.com. Retrieved November 7, 2017.
- ^''Fisher-Price Pre-School Toys Buying Guide''. Pages.ebay.com.
- ^'This Old Toy's Original 'Little People' History'. www.thisoldtoy.com.
- ^''Fisher-Price Recalls Licensed Character Toys Due To Lead Poisoning Hazard''.
- ^''Mattel Voluntary Safety Recall Facts''.
- ^Fritz, Angela; Frankel, Todd (12 April 2019). 'After reports of infant deaths, nearly 5 million Fisher-Price Rock 'n Play Sleepers are recalled' (12 April 2019). The Washington Post. Retrieved 24 November 2019.
- ^ abFrankel, Todd (30 May 2019). 'Fisher-Price invented a popular baby sleeper without medical safety tests and kept selling it, even as babies died' (30 May 2019). The Washington Post. Retrieved 24 November 2019.
- ^Coopee, Todd. 'Chatter Phone from Fisher-Price 1962'. ToyTales.ca.
- ^'Fisher Price: Firehouse Rescue Release Date'. GameFAQs. Retrieved 2008-07-26.
- ^'Fisher Price: Perfect Fit Release Date'. GameFAQs. Retrieved 2008-07-26.
- ^'Fisher Price: I Can Remember Release Date'. GameFAQs. Retrieved 2008-07-26.
- ^'Great Adventures by Fisher-Price: Pirate Ship (PC)'. IGN. Retrieved 2016-02-10.
- ^'Fisher-Price: Time to Play Pet Shop'. www.museumofplay.org. Retrieved 2016-02-10.
- ^'Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Big Action Garage - PC/MAC:Video Games'. Amazon.com. Retrieved July 20, 2017.