Dec 26, 2019 As exhausting drives fail additional typically than we would like to admit, all pc users got to brace oneself for the worst and wish disk biological research software system. So top best disk cloning software window/mac 2020 are following. Also check- best dll file fixer software / best pc optimization software. Jul 02, 2020 Free to try Bombich Software Mac Version 220.127.116.1127 Full. You can take your external backup drive and connect it to another Mac with a compatible OS, and in System Preferences, Startup Disk. Jul 02, 2020 Free to try Bombich Software Mac Version 18.104.22.16827 Full. You can take your external backup drive and connect it to another Mac with a compatible OS. May 24, 2017 Summary: Download the most popular Mac cloning software to clone Mac hard drive to SSD without reinstalling operating system and applications. It's a safe, complete and easy-to-use way to upgrade or replace Mac's hard drive with a new HDD/SSD and make a bootable hard drive for Mac.
- Drive Cloning Software Mac Free Version
- Best Hard Drive Cloning Software
- Free Mac Cloning Software
- Free Mac Hard Drive Cloning Software
MiniTool Partition Wizard is the best hard drive cloning software which can be used to clone hard drive easily and safely. Download the freeware now!
Quick Navigation :
Why Clone Hard Drive?
Disk cloning is very useful in hard drive management. Simply put, disk cloning copies the complete contents of a hard drive, including the files, the partition tables and the MBR to another location.
It is worth mentioning that when you clone a hard drive, both the source disk and the target disk can be used directly, which is regarded as a simple, direct duplicate (however, cloning is different from copy & paste, check Clone VS. Copy & Paste for the detail).
In the following situations, you may consider hard drive cloning:
- To upgrade to larger hard drivewhen the current hard drive is too small and cannot meet your data storage requirements any longer. For example, you meet the 'low disk space' issue but all partitions are almost full.
- To upgrade hard drive to more advanced SSDto enjoy smooth computer performance. This is extremely useful for those who want to upgrade system disk, as SSD offers faster read-write speed.
- You have a batch of computers (with the same configuration) to be installed.To avoid installing all computers one by one, you can install only one at first and then turn to hard drive cloning software to save effort and time.
- To make an exact hard drive backup.Through disk cloning, you get a copy of disk backup and avoid the trouble of data restoration when the backup copy is needed.
So the conclusion here is that if you are upgrading your hard drive to a larger one, or replacing it due to a physical failure, cloning hard drive is the easiest method to complete that task. Besides, doing hard drive cloning reduces the risk of any accidental data loss.
Recommended Hard Drive Cloning Utility
Since hard drive cloning is significant, you must be wondering: which is the best cloning software? In my opinion, MiniTool Partition Wizard is the top recommendation. I will give you my explanation.
Developed by MiniTool Solution Ltd., MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition is regarded as the best disk cloning software for Windows users, including those who are running 32/64 bits Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows7.
As free hard drive cloning software, MiniTool Partition Wizard offers two ways to clone hard drives for hard drive upgrade or data backup, including 'Copy Disk' and 'Migrate OS to SSD/HD' (if you only want to clone the system).
All you have to do is put the new drive in the computer as a slave or secondary drive and use this disk cloning software to clone the old drive to the new one. Once the process is complete, switch the new drive to the primary and then you are good to go (for hard drive upgrade).
Jun 15, 2020 Notably, the app has been made available for Mac for the first time, in addition to a redesign and other minor feature updates. With Ahead of WWDC, Apple’s Developer app adds Mac. Jun 15, 2020 Ahead of Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference starting next week, the company has today launched a new version of its Apple Developer App to better support its plans for the virtual event. Feb 24, 2011 Mac App Store Preview. BetterSnapTool 4+ Easy window resize & organize folivora.AI GmbH $2.99; Screenshots. BetterSnapTool allows you to easily manage your window positions and sizes by either dragging them to one of the screen's corners. Jun 19, 2020 Messages on macOS lets you communicate with friends, family, and coworkers across a variety of different platforms, including Apple's own iMessage, along with SMS and services from Google, Yahoo, and AOL. But if you're new to the Mac or have just never set up Messages, you might be wondering how to get started with the app.
Just press the button to have free hard drive cloning software downloaded!
Knowing what MiniTool Partition Wizard is, let's have a look on how to clone a hard drive by using MiniTool Partition Wizard. Here we just take clone hard drive Windows 10 for example, and MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition should be the right choice.Note:
- To use 'Copy Disk Wizard', both the source disk and target disk must be basic disks.
- The target disk will be cleaned during the cloning process. Please make sure it can be cleaned; otherwise transfer data out at first.
Step 1. Run MiniTool Partition Wizard to the main interface, then you can see all your hard drives connected to this PC are shown in the middle panel and some operable features are listed in the left panel. Now, select Copy Disk feature to clone hard drive.
Step 2. Here you need to select the target disk (must be basic disk) and click Next to continue. Make sure you know which drive you are cloning to so you do not overwrite the wrong drive.
Step 3. Here come the copy options. If you are copying from a GPT disk, you are able to see 2 options. (4 options when you are cloning an MBR disk, see details here.)
- Fit partitions to entire disk: all partitions will be cloned to the target disk and take up its full capacity according to the partition size proportion.
- Copy partitions without resize: all partitions will be cloned to the target disk according to the original partition size. This option is available when the target disk is large enough to hold all partitions on the source disk.
After you have made the copy options, you can customize each partition size according to your own preference. Then click Next to go on.
Step 4. Then you can see a note which reads 'To boot from the new disk, please configure computer BIOS settings. Make sure the new disk is configured as the default boot disk.' Please keep this in mind if you are cloning the system disk before you click Finish.
Step 5. Finally, you need to press the Apply button located on the toolbar to start hard drive cloning.
For a more intuitive guidance, please watch this video:
Want to know more information about how to successfully boot computer from the new hard drive? Now, you can find answers from our previous post: 2 Ways to Boot from New Hard Drive after Copying Disk or Migrating OS.
Best virtual machine software for Mac. Our expert buying guide - updated to include the new Parallels Desktop 15 - rounds up the best virtualisation and virtual machine software packages to help. Virtual server software for mac.
In fact, MiniTool also puts forward another tool that helps disk cloning which is called MiniTool ShadowMaker. Although it is mainly designed for Windows backup, it also comes with useful Clone Disk feature. To get the details of how to use this disk cloning software, you are suggested to read Clone OS from HDD to SSD.
Tips for Cloning Your Hard Drive
Now you know how to clone hard drive by using MiniTool Partition Wizard Fee Edition. Here I would like to put forward some tips to help you deal with cloning issue better.
- Don't just copy & paste files to another location on your hard disk if you are leading the operating system. Use professional disk cloning software like MiniTool Partition Wizard to help you.
- Use another hard drive, especially an external hard drive for your backup copies, because there is less chance of losing/damaging computer and external hard drive at the same time.
- At least one cloning copy should be kept well. Don't erase the current backup unless you are going to create a new one.
- If you use your computer frequently, back up your data often. Having a recent backup is always good for data recovery. Apart from hard drive cloning software, professional disk imaging software is also recommended to save effort.
Further Reading: Cloning VS. Imaging
When dealing with backup issue, cloning or imaging is always the question asked by many users. Many people choose to make a disk image, while many prefer hard drive cloning. Before I state my opinion, I would like to start with cloning VS. imaging.
One may ask, 'what the heck is the difference between cloning and imaging?'
Imaging is frequently used for preventative backup, which means you never know when you need the backup image for data restoration. Today most disk imaging software offer schedule backup feature, and you can set to back up daily, weekly, or monthly. Besides, incremental backup and differential backup are provided, making it possible to save hard disk space.
If something bad happens, you can have the original image for restoration purposes without having to reinstall Windows and other applications.
Disk cloning is more significant for hard drive replacement or hard drive upgrading, which means probably you will use the destination disk right away. When you clone a hard drive, actually you are cloning the entire contents of the drive instead of creating an image file.
The only issue you need to concern is that you need to have another physical hard drive that is large enough to contain all data in the original drive. During the cloning process, all contents on the target disk will be cleaned so be sure that you are operating the right disk.
The conclusion here is: although cloning and imaging both back up and restore data, whether to choose cloning or imaging all depends on what you want to accomplish. In a word, for frequent backup issue, imaging software is better; for hard drive upgrading issue, free hard drive cloning software should be given the priority.
Here comes to the end of this post. In this post, I mainly tell why you need to clone hard drive, which tool is the best disk cloning software, how to use it to clone hard drive, the differences between cloning and imaging, and several tips on hard drive cloning. Hope all these information is helpful in dealing with your hard drive cloning issues.
Now it's your turn to have a try. Just download this free yet professional hard drive cloning software - MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition and start cloning hard drive. I believe you can do everything smoothly as long as you follow the wizard correctly. For any suggestions or questions towards using MiniTool Partition Wizard, please contact [email protected] or leave us comments below. Much appreciated!
- iPhone Backup/Restore
- iTunes Backup/Restore
by Jenefey AaronUpdated on 2020-03-12 / Update for Data Recovery
Disk cloning can be described as the process of creating an uncompressed replica into another drive from your system’s hard drive. It is more commonly referred to as disk imaging in which the hard drive is backed up to a compressed file. This has majorly become important as our system’s hard drive crashes more often than ever. In order to be prepared for such a scenario, disk cloning is very important. A disk cloning software can make this entire process of disk cloning very simple. A disk cloning software can be useful even when you are trying to upgrade or switch out the hard drive of your system. Through disk cloning the system’s data and the installed software are preserved which eliminates the need to re-install several programs. Here are some of the best free cloning software for Windows or Mac systems which can prove useful to you in many ways.
Top 10 Recommended Cloning Software on Window/Mac
Here are some of the best free cloning software for Windows or Mac systems which can prove useful to you in many ways.
Top 1: Tenorshare Free Data Backup
Tenorshare Data Backup is the best free cloning software 2018 for Windows and is highly professional software which makes the process of backing up all the files and programs on your system pretty simple. By making use of this tool, your system’s photos, videos, audio files and other documents and programs can be restored easily in case you hard drive crashes. Here is how you can use this hard drive cloning software free for disk cloning.
Step 1: From the main interface of this software, click on “Disk to Disk”.
Step 2: Here, you would have to choose your source drive and the target drive.
Step 3: The progress of the disk cloning process will be displayed on the screen.
Once done, your system’s drive would be cloned.
Top 2: Paragon Drive Copy Professional
Paragon Drive Copy Professional is one of the best cloning software 2017 and is a feature packed software which is perfect for advanced system users at home. It has the all in one hard disk manager which functions pretty efficiently. Other features of this disk cloning software includes recovery, backup, wiping and partition management.
- User friendly interface.
- Easy to use.
- Lacks a few advanced features.
- Customer service needs improvement.
- Takes a lot of time to complete many operations.
Top 3. Acronis Disk Director 12
Acronis Disk Director 12 is one of the best free image clone software which is great for disk management of your system. This free disk clone software windows 10 is developed for the Windows PCs and laptops and makes the processes and operations run on the device smoothly. It comes with a free trial version which can be tried out prior to purchasing this product.
- Very powerful and easy to use.
- Has every feature which is required by you to adjust your partitions and drives in a simple way.
- The demo version has a limit of 100 MB.
- Very expensive in comparison to the products from its competitors.
- Does not support BTRFS or ext4.
Top 4: Macrium Reflect Free v7
Macrium Reflect Free v7 is a PC backup solution which has been developed by Paramount Software. This ssd clone software is loaded with several advanced features which are perfect for every high level tech PC users. The backup and restore feature’s performance is great in this disc cloning software free.
- Processing speed is very high.
- Very powerful software.
- Compression rate is average.
- Significant learning curves is posed by the interface.
Top 5: EaseUS Todo Backup Free
EaseUS Todo Backup is pretty easy to use. The best part about this hard drive cloning software is that it is available for free of cost. You can backup music, photos, system, documents and so much more on your PC with the help of this free disk cloning software. It integrates very well with Windows laptops and PCs.
- File and image backup is great.
- Erasing and cloning drives and partition is easy.
- Not very fast like the older versions.
- Does not have the advanced features of a drive management tool.
Top 6: Clonezilla
Clonezilla is an excellent disk/ssd cloning software which helps the users in processes like backup, recovery and system deployment. There are overall three types of this program from which you can choose from based on whether you need it for a single machine restore or backup or for massive deployment.
- It is free of cost.
- Works across multiple platforms.
- Does not have many features when compared to its competitors.
- The cloning process is very slow.
Top 7: MiniTool Partition Wizard
MiniTool Partition Wizard is a partition manager software which can be used on Windows 10/8/7/XP and also on Server 2003/2008/2012. This is perfect for the home and office users. This free hard drive cloning software comprises of several useful features such as move partition, resize partition, merge partition, create partition, copy partition, delete partition, split partition, convert file system and format partition.
- Comes with a lot of features which are great in performance.
- Quick and efficient.
- User interface is very cluttered.
- Not suitable for novice users.
Top 8: DriveImage XML
DriveImage XML is an easy to use disk cloning software windows 10 which makes the process of backup and restore very simple. This program has been specifically developed for the Windows XP and Vista users. This is a pretty reliable sandisk cloning software which performs efficiently while imaging and backing up logical drives and partitions.
- Very easy to use and makes several processes easy.
- Has provisions for incorporating into the WinPE environments through plug-ins.
Drive Cloning Software Mac Free Version
Best Hard Drive Cloning Software
- Backup process is very slow.
- The tasks have to be scheduled manually with Windows Task Manager.
- No default compression.
Top 9: Runtime's Shadow Copy
This free ssd cloning software-Runtime's Shadow Copy helps you in making a bootable backup of your present system’s hard drive to another disk drive. Using this software is very simple to achieve the disaster recovery. If you want to access just a few files, you can get them from the created backup. The update of backup using this free drive cloning software is very fast and efficient.
- Individual file on hard drive can be backed up.
- The process of backup os very fast.
- If you wish to backup or clone and entire drive, there are better options than this software.
- Limited in functionality.
Top 10: AOMEI Backupper
Free Mac Cloning Software
This disk cloning software can be used for backing up, syncing, cloning and for restoring a disk in the Windows PCs and laptops. The company AOMEI Technology has developed this AOMEI Backupper and it specializes in offering solutions relating to backup, cloud storage and hard disk partition. In case of emergencies like system crash, you can use this software to quickly recover and restore all your files.
- Has very excellent disk management features.
- Customer support is great.
- The system slow down when the backup process is in progress.
- The full version is pretty expensive.
Free Mac Hard Drive Cloning Software
Although all the above disk cloning software are very good in performance, Tenorshare Data Backup tops the list as the best disk clone software. Not only is it packed with all the necessary features, it offers a simple and quick solution for disk cloning and hence is highly recommended.