Data Recovery Software For Both Mac And Windows
Jul 07, 2020 METUCHEN, N.J., July 7, 2020 /PRNewswire/ - Stellar, a global leader in data recovery, data erasure, and data migration solutions, today introduced a free version of its data recovery software. Available for Mac and Windows, this data recovery software has already helped millions of people around the world recover data that many other similar applications were unable to recover. It can deal with permanently deleted files, partition issues, and even complex data loss scenarios like improperly formatting. Jul 07, 2020 METUCHEN, N.J., July 7, 2020 /PRNewswire/ - Stellar, a global leader in data recovery, data erasure, and data migration solutions, today introduced a free version of its data recovery software that enables users to recover up to 1GB of data on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Best Mac Data Recovery Software
- Data Recovery Software For Both Mac And Windows 7
- Data Recovery Software For Both Mac And Windows Download
- Data Recovery Software For Both Mac And Windows 10
Are you looking for the best file recovery software? We round up the top 10 best data recovery software to help you. You can use these tools to retrieve lost files, documents, videos, pictures, and more.
Is there any free file recovery software? How can I recover permanently deleted files for free? Where do deleted files or photos go? When you are faced with any one of these questions, what can you do? You can turn to the best file recovery software.
Top 10 Best File Recovery Software in 2020 (Free & Paid)
Deleted files are often still present on your hard drive, USB drive, SD card, etc. and can be recovered using data recovery software. Data recovery software recovers corrupted or deleted data from numerous storage devices. You can use them to restore files, documents, videos, pictures, and more. Here is a list of the top 10 best file recovery software in 2020:
All hope is seemingly lost when you accidentally deleted important files or photos. Fortunately, you can get back lost data with the following data recovery software.
Top 1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard - File Recovery Software for Windows and Mac
Applies to Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP and macOS 10.15 ~ 10.9
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best free file recovery software compatible with both Windows and Mac devices. This data recovery software is straightforward to use. You can retrieve lost files with three simple steps. With this tool, you can undelete files from hard drives, USB flash drive, external hard drives, and more. If your lost data is less than 2GB, you can bring them back without any cost.
- It works well on both Windows and Mac devices.
- The file recovery process is easy and fast.
- You can preview files prior to restoration.
- After the scanning process, you can sort files by file type, date, and name.
- You can repair MP4 or MOV files with this data recovery software.
- You can recover 2GB data for free. If you want to recover more, you need to use the paid version.
Top 2. Stellar Data Recovery - DIY Software for Individuals
Applies to Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP and macOS
Stellar Data Recovery is a tool that helps you to recover formatted, deleted, or lost data. It is a user-friendly application that allows you to retrieve all major file types and formats. If your data is no more than 1GB, you can get it back for free. Stellar data recovery software also allows you to make the free recovery of digital photo and video, audio library, PowerPoint deck, PDF and Word document, Excel workbook, email file, and more.
- It is compatible with Windows PCs and Mac devices.
- It takes three steps to restore deleted files.
- It allows you to select file types before scanning.
- You can preview files before you save them.
- You can only recover 1GB of data for free.
- Pricing starts at $49.99 for the Standard version up to $299 for the Toolkit.
Top 3. File Recovery Software - Recover My Files
Applies to Windows 10, 8 and 7
Recover My Files is a tool that helps you to recover data from hard disk, camera card, USB, Zip, floppy disk, iPod, and other media. With it, you can recover deleted files emptied from the Windows Recycle Bin and files lost due to the format or re-install of a hard drive or files removed by a virus, Trojan infection, unexpected system shutdown or software failure. This software also recovers data from NTFS, FAT(12/16/32), exFAT, HFS, HFS+.
- It is compatible with Windows 10/8/7.
- You can preview files before the recovery process.
- This tool allows you to sort out files by date.
- The free version only allows users to scan & preview deleted and lost data.
- The operation steps are a little bit difficult due to the old-fashioned interface.
Top 4. Windows Files Recovery Software - Recuva
Applies to Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
Developed by Piriform, Recuva recovers files on your hard drive, memory cards, floppy disks, iPod or MP3 player, etc. It can also retrieve data from newly formatted or damaged discs. Recuva can undelete files in Windows 10, Windows 8.1 & 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
Best Mac Data Recovery Software
- It allows previewing screen before final recovery.
- A wizard walkthrough makes it easy to use.
- It works on most Windows operating systems.
- The free version doesn't support automatic updates, advanced file recovery, premium support, and virtual hard drive support.
Top 5. Data Rescue 5 for Windows File Recovery
Applies to Windows 7 or later and macOS
Data Rescue 5 provides a very intuitive interface with several basic options: Scan a drive to recover files, review a preview scan to make sure you got everything, and manage your drives to help save the data. With it, you can restore lost files after deletion, format, partition lost.
- It allows previewing files before recovery.
- You can locate files by filters or searching.
- This software has a disk clone feature for data protection.
- You can only run a full scan and preview your recoverable files with the demo version. If you want to recover data, you must pay for it.
- The quick scan doesn't work well while looking for some lost files.
Top 6. Windows and Mac File Recovery Software - Disk Drill
Applies to Windows and Mac
Disk Drill is a tool that provides a useful way to attempt recovery of permanently deleted files. It enables users to browse, search, and preview or read deleted files from NTFS and FAT volumes. With this tool, you can retrieve deleted files from flash drives, memory cards, and hard drives. Besides, it can recover any type of deleted files in Windows, including Office documents, messages, and media files quickly and easily.
- It works with several different file systems.
- You can filter the results by size and date.
- It organizes deleted files by category for more comfortable viewing.
- You can only recover 500 MB of data for free. If you want to get back more data, you have to pay for it.
- You can't preview the file before restoration.
Also read:6 Best Free Disk Drill Alternatives for Mac Data Recovery
Top 7. Puran File Recovery
Applies to Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
Puran File Recovery can be used to recover deleted or lost files. Almost everything that is detected as a drive can be scanned irrespective of its file system. Unlike other file recovery software, Puran Data Recovery recovers data from a damaged disk, CD, DVD, and any other media supported by Windows to a selected location.
- It has a very simple interface with a potent recovery engine.
- It works well on almost any Windows device.
- The recovered files can be saved with their path structure intact.
- This software skips bad sectors automatically while recovering files.
- You cannot preview the result.
- You cannot filter the files you want to recover.
- Free for home use only (non-commercial).
Top 8. Windows File Recovery Powered by Microsoft
Applies to Windows 10 2004 and above
With the launch of an app called Windows File Recovery, Microsoft has decided to give us a first-party solution. It's a Win32 command-line app, described as a solution to recovering personal data that may have been accidentally deleted, perhaps while wiping a hard drive. It can recover most file types, with Microsoft listing JPEG, PDF, PNG, MPEG, Office files, MP3, MP4, and ZIP files. The only system requirement is the need to be running Windows 10 2004 or higher.
- It recovers JPEG, PDF, PNG, MPEG, Office files, MP3 & MP4, ZIP files, and more.
- It is totally free to get back deleted files from HDD, SSD, USB, and memory cards.
Data Recovery Software For Both Mac And Windows 7
- It only works on Windows 10 2004 and above.
- You must use the command line to get back files according to the file types.
Top 9. Glary Undelete - Undelete Windows Files
Applies to Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
Glary Undelete is an excellent free file recovery program. This software includes the easy 'Folders' view, an explorer-style view of recoverable file suggesting how likely a successful file recovery will be. It supports multiple file systems like NTFS, EFS, FAT, NTFS. Moreover, it can recover files that the user has compressed or fragmented or even encrypted on NTFS file system.
- It is easy to recover deleted files with a simple interface.
- Explains very clearly whether the file will be recovered fully.
- It is free to bring back lost data or files on Windows.
- The program hasn't updated in a long time.
- Setup attempts to install another program with Glary Undelete.
Top 10. Orion File Recovery
Applies to Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
Orion file recovery software opens with a wizard, which will guide you to either search and recover files or permanently delete files. It is a free file recovery program from NCH Software. This software searches for deleted files that are not overwritten on your computer. The unique feature is that it can permanently erase data from your hard drive to protect privacy.
- You can filters search results by folder, file type, name, and more.
- It provides Recover File Wizard that guides you through the data recovery process.
- This software allows users to erase data.
The scanning process is slightly slow.
You may install other utilities unintentionally during the installation of the software.
How to Recover Deleted Windows Files with the Best Tool
Is your drive starting to fail? Are files suddenly missing? You need to act fast. Use the best free file recovery software to recover deleted files. Here are the steps to get back deleted data or files:
Step 1. Download and open the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. When you open it, you can see all of the disks and partitions on your computer. Select the disk partition or storage location where you deleted your files and click the 'Scan' button to move on.
Step 2. The scanning process starts as long as you click 'Scan'. The quick scan for deleted files won’t take too long to complete.
Step 3. After the scan, click the 'Deleted files' on the left panel that contains all the removed files. You can preview and select files as you need. Then, click 'Recover' to restore the data to a secure location.
There are many more file recovery programs than those listed above. I've only included specific useful file recovery programs that also undelete wide ranges of files. If you still need help with a file recovery issue, you can refer to the comparison table below to get more information.
|Product Name||Recover My Files||Recuva||Disk Drill||Stellar Data Recovery||EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard|
|Scanning Time||1h||> 1h||> 1h||37min||27min|
|Files Found||321,297 files||111,213 files||2,254 files||414,170 files||784,741 files|
|File Size||13.80GB||no size is shown||1.92GB||19.84GB||38.53GB|
Best File Recovery Software FAQs
Free data recovery software can help recover deleted files. If you still have questions, you can read the following questions and answers.
What is the best free recovery software?
The best recovery software at a glance
- 1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- 2. Stellar Data Recovery
- 3. Recover My Files
- 4. Recuva
- 5. Data Rescue 5
- 6. Disk Drill
- 7. Puran File Recovery
- 8. Windows File Recovery
- 9. Glary Undelete
- 10. Orion File Recovery
Can data be recovered from a failed hard drive?
You can recover data from the dead hard drive in full. These files can be retrieved in full. But if you are currently not facing a dead hard disk drive, back up your data to be on the safer place.
Also read:How to recover data from a dead or failed hard drive.
How much does it cost to recover data from a hard drive?
- If your data is no more than 2GB, it is free.
- If your data is more than 2GB, it only costs $69.95 with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
Is it safe to use data recovery software?
Yes, but you must choose a trustworthy data recovery software. Outdated applications and solutions from unknown developers should be avoided because they could make the data loss worse or infect your computer with malware.
The photos on my computer were extremely disorganized. So, I decided to move them around a little bit to organize them. During the process, I have accidentally deleted an entire folder with photos worth 1GB. Are my photos still on the system? If so, how to recover deleted photos from computer? Please help!
Accidental deletion of photos is one of the most common problems many users struggle with on a regular basis. With the help of inbuilt tools and professional photo recovery software, one can recover deleted photos from a laptop or desktop easily.
Through this blog post, you will gain an understanding of both the built-in tools like File History, Time Machine, etc to recover deleted photos from a computer as well as using a specialized data recovery tool called Remo Recover.
Be it accidentally deleted photos, loss of photos due to virus attacks, corruption, data transfer or any reason; Remo Photo Recovery can recover photos from a computer in any data loss situation. Recover JPG, JPEG, PNG, PSD, GIF, TIFF or RAW images using this highly effective photo recovery software for PC or Mac!
If you’re a Mac user and want to recover deleted photos, go directly to the section recover deleted photos on Mac.
How do I recover permanently deleted photos from my computer (On Windows)?
Solution 1: Recover deleted photos from computer’s Recycle Bin
In most cases, photos deleted from the computer are moved to the Recycle Bin. So, the first place to check for deleted photos is the Recycle Bin.
- Go to the ‘Recycle Bin’ folder and see if you find your photos here
- If you find them, right-click on it and click ‘Restore’
- Now the photos will be recovered to the original location
If you don’t find the folder in the Recycle Bin, it could mean that the folder you deleted was too large and may have bypassed the Recycle Bin (sometimes without any notification). In that case, Remo Photo Recovery software can recover deleted photos from a laptop or desktop.
Solution 2: Using the File History feature
Note: This works only if you have a File History backup feature enabled on your Windows computer before the photos got deleted.
- Go to the folder from where your photos were deleted
- On the ‘Home’ tab, click ‘History’ to open the File History window
- Go through the various libraries and folders in File History to find the photos you want to recover
- Find the desired version of the file by using left and right arrows
- Finally, click ‘Restore’ to restore your photos
Solution 3: Using Photo Recovery Software for Windows
Remo Photo Recovery offers a perfect way to recover deleted photos from a computer. You can also use it to successfully recover deleted pictures on any device from various data loss scenarios like :
- When photos are accidentally deleted or when deleted using ‘Shift + Delete’
- If you are unable to find the photos in Recycle Bin you can make use of this digital media recovery software
- This photo recovery software can also recover the photos that are lost during 'cut and paste' or deleted using the command prompt
- To recover lost photos on PC during failed data transfer to storage devices
- Restore the photos that are deleted or removed due to severe virus or malware attack
- You can even use Remo Photo Recovery software to retrieve photos from a formatted computer
How to Recover Deleted Photos from Computer using Remo Photo Recovery tool?
Begin by downloading Remo Photo Recovery software on your computer and install the software. From the main screen, select ‘Recover Photos’, choose the drive from which you’d like to recover photos and click ‘Scan’. Now, all the photos in the drive will be listed. Select the photos you need and save in the desired location.
Here in this 2-minute video tutorial, you will learn how to recover deleted photos from laptop or desktop computers.
How to Recover Deleted Photos on Mac Computer?
Solution 1: Retrieve Deleted Photos from Macintosh Computer Trash
Before we get into the Time Machine feature (which is the main backup and restore utility on Mac), let’s look in the ‘Trash’ folder to try and recover deleted photos from the computer.
If you find photos in the Trash, select and right-click on them. Then click ‘Put Back’ to restore them to the original location. Also, learn how torecover photos from the Recycle bin.
Solution 2: Using Time Machine backup
If you’ve been using Time Machine as your backup strategy in Mac, there’s no need for you to worry at all. Time Machine will have a backup of all photos that were accidentally deleted and you can easily get back deleted photos on Mac.
- Connect the Time Machine backup drive to your Mac computer
- Go to the ‘Applications’ folder and launch ‘Time Machine’
- Find the ‘Photos’ folder in Time Machine (You can also click ‘Package Contents’ to recover specific photos or the entire Photos library will be recovered)
- Go back in time to see when your photos were present in the ‘Photos’ folder before getting deleted
- Control-click on ‘Photos Library’ and select ‘Restore Photos Library’
- Click ‘Restore’ to restore the entire Photos library
Solution 3: Using Remo Photo Recovery software for Mac
Remo Recover is a great way to recover deleted photos on Mac computer. It can recover permanently deleted photos or to recover lost photos on Mac in case of data transfer, due to virus attacks and other reasons. With support for recovery of all photo formats and support for both Mac laptops & desktops, Remo Recover is widely preferred.
Note: Remo Recover can also be used to recover deleted photos from Mac Book Pro, Mac Book Air, Mac Book, Mac Mini, iMac, etc. Remo recover comes handy to recover photos from mac trash folder.
Watch this video tutorial to learn how to recover deleted photos from Apple computers.
Data Recovery Software For Both Mac And Windows Download
Create a backup plan and abide by it to avoid loss of photos
Accidentally deleting photos, losing photos due to virus/malware or other reasons cannot be avoided and happens to the best of us. Esoteric astrology software for mac. By having a backup in place at all times, your photos will be safe even when you lose one of those backup copies. But due to unfortunate accidents, when you lose the original copy of photos, Remo Recover can easily recover deleted photos from the computer.
Data Recovery Software For Both Mac And Windows 10
From external hard drives to cloud storage, there are tons of backup options available for you. You can either purchase an external hard drive and save all your photos to it on a regular basis. Or you can choose cloud storage options like Google Drive, iCloud, Dropbox, etc.