Dec 17, 2017 ShareFile Sync for Mac is designed to provide ShareFile Enterprise customers with an easy way to access and synchronize personal folders from your ShareFile account to your local computer. In addition to English, Spanish, German, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean, ShareFile Sync for Mac now also supports Dutch, Russian, and Portuguese languages.
- When logging into the Citrix ShareFile web application, you provide your email address and password at your account landing page. After a period of time your session will timeout and you will be prompted to login again. ShareFile Enterprise customers can opt to.
- May 02, 2017 First up, Citrix is releasing the new desktop app for Mac, which now offers one-click access to ShareFile without the need to open a web browser.
- May 08, 2012 Citrix Receiver with ShareFile Tech Preview; List of issues on the Mac Ask question. I was able to sync files if I manually upload a file from the webpage but not if I copy a file to my ShareFile folder on my Mac. I also cannot remote wipe my iPad.
- Open Citrix Files for Mac. Select the Citrix Files icon to open Citrix Files for Mac. Type your account URL (enter “mycompany” for mycompany.sharefile.com). Type your email and password to sign in. Citrix Files opens displaying your folders.
|As of February 14, 2020 ShareFile Sync for Mac up to version 3.0 will begin deprecation. |
The upgrade path is to update the tool to Citrix Files for Mac.
Please visit the Citrix Product Matrix for more information on Citrix Product Lifecycles.
Deprecation may take several weeks to complete and the tool may still be temporarily available for some users during this process.
Already installed Sync for Mac? Event layout apps. Click here to check out the user guide!
Supported Localization: English, Spanish, German, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Dutch, Russian and Portuguese.
Limitations (the following actions are not supported):
- Syncing to a network drive
- Creating a network drive out of a ShareFile folder
- Mapping a folder inside the ShareFile sync folder
- Syncing to a public folder that is shared on your network
- Non-admin installations are currently not supported
- ShareFile recommends adhering to a file path limit of no longer than 180 characters. Please shorten the path name by renaming its folders or in the case of Shared Folders, by only selecting the specific shared folders for synchronization instead of the root of the shared folder.
- 10.10 Yosemite or later
- High Sierra support requires Sync for Mac v 22.214.171.124 or later
Install ShareFile Sync for Mac
To download the sync tool, log in to your ShareFile account, click Apps in the navigation bar and then locate Sync for Mac. Click the Download button to download the installation file. Once the installation file has been downloaded, double-click the installation file. First, double-click the ShareFile icon to begin installation.
You will be prompted to enter the email address associated with your ShareFile account. You may also select additional folders to sync. Use the folder tree to select which files within your Personal Folders to sync. (You can modify which folders you wish to sync later in the Sync Preferences.
Note: Removing a folder from your list of synced items will move that content to your computer's Recycle Bin.
Setting the sync location
To change the sync location on your Mac, access the Dashboard then select Preferences.
Access the folder location beneath Sync Location in order to change it. Please note that in order to change the sync location, the destination you select must be an empty folder.
Customizing sync access
Sharefile Windows App
Support for selective enablement of the sync tool allows you to limit access to specified users, typically those with managed or corporate devices. This feature is only available to Enterprise plans.
To use this feature with a ShareFile account that has the sync tool access set to Disabled, you must specify a custom key that is generated by your ShareFile administrator. ShareFile administrators can set this key by clicking Admin in the top navigation bar of their ShareFile account and then selecting Power Tools in the sidebar.
Under Sync, administrators can select Disabled to enter a custom 256-bit key.
On ShareFile Sync for Mac, this generated key must be added via Terminal.
To do so, run the following command, inserting the Generated Key where indicated:
- defaults write com.citrix.sharefileFL.SFSyncEngine CustomSharedKey <EnterGeneratedKeyHere>
Citrix ShareFile Sync for Mac supports StorageZones. (Restricted Zones are not supported).
This tool auto-updates. It will check for updates every day, and will only prompt for an administrator's password when certain files that require system changes are updated. The auto-update feature can be disabled for an account by contacting ShareFile Support.
Unlink Your Account
To unlink your account, click the Unlink button in the upper right when viewing the Preferences menu. Mac os x photo album software.
Uninstall Sync for Mac
ShareFile recommends the following for Advanced Users. If you have a significantly large amount of data stored with your ShareFile Sync for Mac app, please consult your ShareFile Administrator prior to completely uninstalling the app.
Sync for Mac installations include an 'uninstallSync.sh' file. To perform a clean uninstall of Sync for Mac:
- Exit Sync for Mac
- Run the following command in Terminal.
- sh /Applications/ShareFile.app/Contents/uninstallSync.sh
CTX240144 - Sync Not Working After Password Reset - Citrix Files/ShareFile Sync/Drive Mapper