These advanced steps are primarily for system administrators and others who are familiar with the command line. You don't need a bootable installer to upgrade macOS or reinstall macOS, but it can be useful when you want to install on multiple computers without downloading the installer each time.
Find the appropriate download link in the upgrade instructions for each macOS version:
Nov 14, 2019 “You Must Build A Boat is how all sequels should be.” – Rock Paper Shotgun. BUILD A BOAT Travel the world in your boat, from the top of the Mage Tower to the bottom of Hell. GATHER YOUR CREW Recruit a crew to live on your boat and offer their services. FRANTIC MATCHING Match as fast as you can to keep on running. CAPTURE MONSTERS. With a boat rented and course selected, the next logical step was to check weather and tides. For the former we tried Buoyweather, an app that uses a global network of 'virtual' buoy points to deliver accurate, long-range marine forecasts with wind and weather data. Users set their GPS location on the map and choose a time zone and units before.
macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave, ormacOS High Sierra
Installers for each of these macOS versions download directly to your Applications folder as an app named Install macOS Catalina, Install macOS Mojave, or Install macOS High Sierra. If the installer opens after downloading, quit it without continuing installation. Important: To get the correct installer, download from a Mac that is using macOS Sierra 10.12.5 or later, or El Capitan 10.11.6. Enterprise administrators, please download from Apple, not a locally hosted software-update server.
OS X El Capitan
El Capitan downloads as a disk image. On a Mac that is compatible with El Capitan, open the disk image and run the installer within, named InstallMacOSX.pkg. It installs an app named Install OS X El Capitan into your Applications folder. You will create the bootable installer from this app, not from the disk image or .pkg installer.
Use the 'createinstallmedia' command in Terminal
- Connect the USB flash drive or other volume that you're using for the bootable installer. Make sure that it has at least 12GB of available storage and is formatted as Mac OS Extended.
- Open Terminal, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.
- Type or paste one of the following commands in Terminal. These assume that the installer is still in your Applications folder, and MyVolume is the name of the USB flash drive or other volume you're using. If it has a different name, replace
MyVolumein these commands with the name of your volume.
- Press Return after typing the command.
- When prompted, type your administrator password and press Return again. Terminal doesn't show any characters as you type your password.
- When prompted, type
Yto confirm that you want to erase the volume, then press Return. Terminal shows the progress as the bootable installer is created.
- When Terminal says that it's done, the volume will have the same name as the installer you downloaded, such as Install macOS Catalina. You can now quit Terminal and eject the volume.
* If your Mac is using macOS Sierra or earlier, include the
--applicationpath argument, similar to the way this argument is used in the command for El Capitan.
Use the bootable installer
After creating the bootable installer, follow these steps to use it:
Aug 27, 2012 In this tutorial, you’re going to build your first Mac application, specifically a Mac version of the app we created in the How To Create A Simple iPhone App tutorial. If you’ve followed that tutorial, you will be familiar with most of the steps on this one, and you will be able to see the main differences between iOS and Mac programming. Oct 02, 2017 Connect Wekan with Zapier's 750+ supported apps and build a kanban workflow using Zapier's MongoDB integrations. Another great self-hosted kanban board app to try is Lavagna, which includes due dates and milestones, status colors and text tags—and lets your users login with OAuth providers. Monday (Android, iOS, Web).
- Plug the bootable installer into a compatible Mac.
- Use Startup Manager or Startup Disk preferences to select the bootable installer as the startup disk, then start up from it. Your Mac will start up to macOS Recovery.
Learn about selecting a startup disk, including what to do if your Mac doesn't start up from it.
- Choose your language, if prompted.
- A bootable installer doesn't download macOS from the Internet, but it does require the Internet to get information specific to your Mac model, such as firmware updates. If you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, use the Wi-Fi menu in the menu bar.
- Select Install macOS (or Install OS X) from the Utilities window, then click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions.
For more information about the
createinstallmedia command and the arguments that you can use with it, make sure that the macOS installer is in your Applications folder, then enter this path in Terminal:
Build A Boat Mac Apps
Build A Boat Mac App Download
Build A Boat Mac Application
It's getting warm again, so why not build yourself a boat for some summer adventures? The authors on Instructables have you covered with all sorts of amazing boats you can build yourself! Pdf creator software for mac free.
These boats range from easy to advanced, and some can be built in as little as an afternoon. Have a look through the boat building tutorials below, and make sure to check out our Great Outdoors Contest (ending 8/25/14) for more fantastic outside instructables!
Building a Cedar Strip Canoe
Make an Open Kayak From Recycled Bottles
8' Folding Kayak
The BO-AT Single Sheet Plywood Boat
How to Build a Cardboard Kayak for Less Than 40$ (Updated With Template)
Construction of Two Portuguese Style Dinghies (Small Boats)
Stitch and Glue Kayak
Making a Plywood Kayak
Incredible Soda Bottle Pontoon Boat
Build a Greenland Kayak
How to Make a Cardboard Canoe for Your Kids in the Pool
Optimist Sailboat Build
Build a Boat!
'Building a One Sheet Boat' Alternate Building
Building a 'Pintail' Duckboat Pt 1
One Day Ndrua
Duct Tape Boat!
Kenya Outrigger Sailing Canoe
Build a Short Dragon (16 Foot 3-Board Outrigger Sailing Canoe)