- Best Software Change Mac Address Windows 10
- Change Mac Address Download
- Best Program To Change Mac Address
- How To Change Your Mac Address
Looking for the best MAC spoofing tools to change MAC address in Windows 10? Here are 8 best free MAC address changer for Windows 10 / 8 / 7 PC.
Jul 03, 2017 The Best Tech Newsletter Anywhere. Or network card in your computer—has a unique media access control (MAC) address. These MAC addresses—sometimes referred to as physical or hardware addresses—are assigned in the factory, but you can usually change the addresses in software. What MAC Addresses Are Used For.
How to change MAC address in Windows 10?
What is the best MAC address changer software for Windows operating systems?
If you are interested in knowing everything about MAC address spoofing then this guide is the one-stop solutions for you, where you can get a clear idea about MAC address, reasons for using MAC changer application, and how to change MAC address in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 operating system etc.
Here, we are going to share a comprehensive list of the best free MAC address changer for Windows so that it can accurately help you in choosing the most suitable one and changing your MAC address with ease.
What is a MAC Address?
MAC address stands for Media Access Control address and it is nowhere related to the Apple Macintosh computers. The MAC address is your computer’s unique hardware number used as a network address for the network adapters like local area network or Ethernet address, IEEE 802, WiFi, and Bluetooth of your laptop and desktop computers.
In simple words, the MAC Address is a 6-byte number or 12-digit hexadecimal number that is used to uniquely identify a host on a network. MAC addresses are most often assigned (hard-coded into a network card) by the manufacturer and it can’t be changed easily, but you can change it or spoof it in the operating system itself which is termed as MAC spoofing or MAC address spoofing.
Why Would You Want to Change Your MAC Address?
Well, there are many reasons for changing the MAC Address but in most of the cases, it related to bypassing certain network restrictions. The below-mentioned reasons will help you in precisely understanding the use of MAC spoofing and MAC address changer software for Windows computers:
✓ Your ISP (Internet service provider) uses MAC address to authenticate or identify internet connection of your computer. So in case, if your network card gets broken, the new Network interface card you replace it with will have different MAC address and hence the Internet won’t work.
Best Software Change Mac Address Windows 10
In such a case, spoofing a MAC address that is already authorized is much easier than telling your ISP to register your new network card MAC address.
✓ If you want to access a particular network which limits access based on the MAC addresses, in this case, you can easily change MAC address to the one for which you have access available.
✓ When it comes to privacy, MAC address spoofing seems a solid option. If you are using a public WiFi network like in coffee shops, hotels or airports etc. then a hacker can easily track your machines and see your MAC address because you are on the same network.
✓ By changing MAC address, you can get a new IP address lease from the DHCP server. On various networks, the DHCP lease is set to last a long period of time/days or is connected directly with a MAC address such that you get the same IP address all the time.
✓As most of us know, the online gaming clients ban players by identifying the MAC addresses. MAC address changer tools prevent online games from banning due to the MAC address. This means you can play all the online games without any block.
So these were some of the basic things regarding MAC address (physical address) and the importance of MAC address changing tools to change MAC address. Now let’s have a look at the list of best MAC Address Changer for Windows 10 / 8 / 7 operating system.
Top 5 Best Free MAC Address Changer for Windows 10 / 8 / 7
Change Mac Address Download
There are plenty of free MAC address spoofing tools for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 platform available on the web that allows you to change the unique address of your network adapters, but we have hand-picked some of the best MAC address changer software for you to choose from.
Continue reading to know the amazing features of these best MAC address changer for Windows 10 and pick one that suits your requirement. Here we go:
Technitium MAC Address Changer
Whenever you search on Google about MAC address changer for Windows, this MAC Address spoofing tool comes top in the search result. Technitium MAC Address Changer is one of the best freeware MAC spoofing utilities that let you instantly spoof or change Media Access Control address of your network interface card.
It comes with a very simple user interface and offers extensive information regarding each Network Interface Card (NIC) in the machine. If you are a newbie and do not know much about the structures of a MAC address, in such cases, this spoofing tool can randomly generate a proper MAC address with complete vendor data for you.
Some of the noticeable features of Technitium MAC Address Changer are:
- It works perfectly on Windows 10, 8, and 7 operating systems (for both 32-bit and 64-bit).
- The enhanced network configuration presets with IPv6 support allow you to instantly switch between network configurations.
- Allows complete configuration of any network adapter.
- It comes with command line options with entire software functionality.
- You can select a preset from the specified preset file to apply directly.
- Update network card vendors list feature allows you to download latest vendor data as well.
By visiting the official website of Technitium MAC Address Changer, you can get plenty of help contents to begin and learn how to change MAC address, restore MAC address, enable or disable DHCP on a Network Connection, and much more.
NoVirusThanks MAC Address Changer
NoVirusThanks MAC Address Changer is a very powerful but easy to use application that lets you spoof or change the MAC Address of your network adapters and, if needed, restore the original MAC Address within seconds.
This MAC address changing software comes with a pretty simple interface. It displays everything at a place such as all the available adapters, current MAC address and all the manufacturer details.
The best thing with NoVirusThanks MAC Address Changer tool is that it doesn’t require Microsoft .NET Framework, supports almost all network adapters, and works on all versions of Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10). Some of its useful features are:
- Spoof MAC Address – Best free tool to spoof MAC address of your network adapter.
- Restore MAC Address – Easily restore the original MAC Address if your network adapter.
- No .NET Framework – This program doesn’t need any Microsoft .NET Framework on your system.
- Very Lightweight – The software application uses only a few MBs of memory, you will not even notice it.
- No Spyware or adware – The program is free from spyware, adware or other pests, nothing extra is installed.
- Free to Use – This software is completely free to use for anyone, at home, and at work.
Smart MAC Address Changer
Smart MAC Address Changer is a handy network tool which allows you to change your MAC address, DNS server, and PC proxy settings as well. This free MAC address changer software gets installed without any interrupting of any adware and it is really fast enough to start working within a matter of seconds.
In case, your internet connection gets blocked because of your MAC address then just choose the appropriate network adapter on this tool and manually enter a new MAC address (or simply click on the “Generate Random MAC Address” button to have one set automatically). This is basically DNS Changer software but also helps in changing MAC addresses.
It also provides the one-click option to Restore Original MAC Address so that you can get it back whenever you want. Smart MAC Address Changer freeware is perfectly compatible with Windows 10, Windows 7, and Windows 8 Operating Systems (32 bit or 64 bit).
SMAC MAC Address Changer
SMAC MAC Address Changer is a powerful and easy-to-use Windows MAC address modifying utility which offers the option to change MAC address for almost any network cards on various systems such as the Virtual PC, VM, Windows 7, VISTA, XP, 2003, 2000 operating systems. This MAC address spoofing tool is available in five different variants but the most basic one (Evaluation Edition) is available for free.
Jul 08, 2017 Tungsten E2 Software for Windows and Mac (PalmOne) (2004). Install software To install Palm Desktop software and other important software, insert the CD into your computer’s CD drive. Windows: Mac: Follow the installation instructions Double-click the CD icon, that appear on your computer and then double-click screen. Already use a palmOne.
One interesting thing, it does not change the hardware burned-in MAC addresses. It only changes the “software based” MAC addresses, which means the new Mac addresses you change will sustain from the reboots.
The basic version of SMAC has features like MAC address changer tools and the utility can view IP configuration, but misses few advanced and enhanced features available in the paid versions. Here are some of the useful features and benefits of using SMAC MAC Address Changer for Windows:
- Simple and Intuitive Interface, designed for both: newbie and professionals.
- Display Network Adapters and key details.
- Automatically Activate new MAC Address right after changing it.
- Show the manufacturer of the MAC Address.
- Randomly Generate any New MAC Address or based on a selected manufacturer.
- Pre-load MAC Addresses List and chooses the new MAC address from the list.
- Protect your personal privacy by hiding the real MAC Address of your Network Adapters.
- Generate comprehensive reports on Network Adapter details.
- Remove spoofed MAC Address to restore original MAC Address.
If you are looking for a lightweight and portable MAC Address spoofing software that allows you to change your MAC address into anything else then you can consider using Portable Spoof-Me-Now. As it is a portable software, so there is no need of installing it. You can simply drop the Spoof-Me-Now program files of on any hard disk, and run it just by clicking the executable button.
The software has a user-friendly interface and the single window structure gives direct access to all the available options. In order to change Windows MAC address, you have to first select a network adapter and when you see the current MAC address then simply specify the new address you want to change it into.
In Portable Spoof-Me-Now program, there are no other amazing options available and the sad part is that it does not implement an option for resetting the MAC address to default.
Change MAC Address
When it comes to using a very simple tool for changing the MAC address of a network adapter then Change MAC Address software by LizardSystems is also a good option. With the help of this MAC Address spoofing tool, you can easily spoof the MAC address, set the MAC address of another manufacturer, or even generate a random MAC address in just a few clicks.
MAC Address changes will be applied and retained after you restart the system. Here are some of the key features of Change MAC Address tool:
- Showing the MAC address of your network adapter.
- Showing the manufacturer of your network adapter.
- Replacing the MAC address with any other address.
- Generating a completely random MAC address.
- Setting a MAC address of another manufacturer.
- Setting a MAC address without changing the manufacturer.
- Automatically activating the new MAC address after the change.
Win 7 MAC Address Changer
With a very clean and intuitive interface, Win7 MAC Address Changer application is specifically designed to change the MAC address used for identifying a specific network adapter or computer in a network. This easy to use MAC spoofing tool fully supports Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista.
In simple words, we can say that it does nothing magnificent compared to the other MAC address spoofing tools in its category but it serves its purpose just perfectly. All features can be summarized as:
- Neat, simple and clutter-free interface which will show what is needed most.
- Random MAC Address Generator generates random MAC address in a click.
- All most all Wired and Wireless Network Cards from all vendors are Supported.
- Fully compatible with both 32bit and 64bit Windows operating systems.
- Reset MAC Address in a click using “Reset Default” Button.
- All Application setting can be reset default in a click.
- The user can keep track of all actions and undo necessary actions using the log file.
- See Quick System information using the included module.
This is also a well-known MAC Address Spoofing and Host Name Randomizing Application for Windows operating system that lets you randomly change the MAC address and your computer’s hostname.
With the help of MadMACs, you can easily modify the addresses belonging to any network device, either wireless or Ethernet. This tool is very easy to use and works well in different versions of Windows (Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows 8).
Now you have an idea about the best MAC Address spoofing tools for Windows 10 laptop or desktop computer. All the amazing features of these top 8 best free MAC address changer for Windows 10 / 8 / 7 are explained in detailed so that you can easily pick the best one that fits your requirement.
According to us, SMAC MAC Address Changer software is a great choice for anybody who wants to have a super easy to use and multifunctional MAC Changer application as it allows you to change both DNS server and MAC address.
Let’s get connected via the comment section to discuss more about the best MAC Address spoofing tool and to clear all your doubts regarding how to change MAC address in Windows 10 OS. If you have any more best free MAC address changer software for Windows to add then feel free to share it with us too.
You may also be interested in checking out:
Media Access Control is a unique ID consisting of 12 digit hexadecimal numbers. It comes already hard-coded on your mobile system. This identifier helps to distinguish a specific device over the cluster of devices connected to a particular network. If you are surfing the web from your Android phone using a WiFi network, the network adapter of your WiFi devices must have a MAC address to set up the connection and transfer data over the network. MAC address looks something like this XX::XX:XX:XX:XX:XX, where each X is a hexadecimal character i.e. ranges from 0-9 or A-F. A possible MAC address could be, 1A:2B:3C:4D:5E:6F where the first 6 digits find your manufacturer and the last six digits find your network interface card.
There any many instances where someone has blocked your device from connecting to their router, what should you do in that case? Changing the MAC address of your device would definitely work in this case. If you are connected to a WiFi but you don’t want to leave any trace of your presence on the network i.e. you want to protect your privacy, in that situation also you can change the MAC address in Android Devices.If you ISP binds the services to a particular set of MAC addresses but you changed your device, you can change the MAC address to get internet access. Of course, MAC address can be changed for many other malpractices but this guide on changing the MAC address doesn’t promote such illegal practices, it only only meant to give you a insight on the concept.
Best cookbook software for mac. Read Also:
If your Android device is rooted, you can easily change the MAC address of the device but what if it is not? Don’t worry we have a trick to change the MAC address without rooting your android device. For changing the MAC address permanently, you will have to root your device. However, if you just want to have it temporary changed, you don’t need to root your device. But before moving on with changing the MAC, let us see how can you look up your MAC address. I strongly recommend to just note down your MAC address before starting to experiment on it. You also need to know the connection name, to get it all follow the steps below:
- Open up settings and then go to WiFi.
- Now, you will see a gear on the top of this screen, click it. But if you don’t see it, look for “Configure WiFi” option and click it. Some Android system have Advanced option in WiFi, MAC address can be found there also.
- Voila ! You can find the MAC address on the bottom of this screen. Keep a note of it.
- In order to get the interface name, you will have to install Terminal Emulator for Android. Go to Google Play Store and download it or click the link to get it.
- Once you download it, install it and open up.
- Type the following command : ip link
- You screen will be filled with lot of information, useful and useless. Now, remember I told you to keep a note of your MAC address. Just look for this MAC address under “link/ether” for all the cases.
- The one that matches our MAC address, is the connection name. For most of the devices it is either “wlan0” or “eth0”.
Now, that we know our MAC address and the connection name, we can go on to change the MAC address with this terminal emulator only. Before that you should have a valid MAC address in your mind or generate one from this link. Once, you have a new MAC address, just get on with the below steps:
- Launch the Terminal Emulator
- Just type the following command: ip link set wlan0 address XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY, where wlan0 is the name of the interface and XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY is the MAC address you want to set.
- Important thing to keep in mind that the manufacturer name should be kept unchanged while changing the MAC address i.e. XX:XX:XX (first 6 digits) should be same as before, otherwise you might face a lot of authentication issue.
- This is only a temporary change and when you restart your device, your previous MAC address will be retrieved back.
This was all about changing the MAC in non-rooted mobile phone, for rooted devices you have a bunch of options to select from. Here are a few techniques you can use:
1. Using BusyBox App
We still need a Terminal Emulator for this method. Open the Terminal and then type the following commands:
- su –> This will get you into super user mode
- busybox iplink show wlan0 –> this will pop up the current MAC address
- busybox ifconfig wlan0 hw ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX –> configure the new MAC address
- busybox iplink show eth0 –> this is to check whether the MAC address has been changed or not.
2. Using ChameleMAC App
Download and install the app from the link above and follow the steps:
Best Program To Change Mac Address
- Open the app, it will ask for root permissions. Just grant it !
- Now, it is way too easy to work on this app. Everything is provided on the main interface of this app.
- Take a note of the Real MAC address of your computer and then go ahead to generate a random MAC address by clicking on the button specified.
- Click on “Apply new MAC”, if you find the generated MAC address good enough or you could generate another random MAC address.
- Once you click apply it, it will ask for confirmation. Go ahead with the change option.
Some Android phones actually don’t let you change MAC address without rooting it, but if you are lucky enough you will get through it. Android system is upgrading with new security features with every upgrade, it is becoming difficult to change the MAC address Android Permanent. You can try whatever method you like to change the MAC address, it doesn’t really matter. But do remember to change it on your own risk. If you have any problem, comment down below and let me know !
How To Change Your Mac Address
Read Also: How To Use Your Android Device as a Webcam