by Christine Smith • 2020-06-23 21:05:15 • Proven solutions
In this digital age, where music streaming is available easily online, no one really thinks about metadata and neither think that it is necessary. However, if you are a true fan of music, you will know that pain of collection and poorly tagged music library. This is what we are going to talk about here. In this article, we will tell you about the top 6 music tag editor software, that you can start using from now on.
Kid3 Tag Editor Software is open source FLAC tag editor windows software which allows users to quickly edit tags for the audio files. This program is capable in adding tags for mostly all types of audio files such as WMA, WAV, TIFF, AIFF etc. Including the audio files, it also comes with the option to add tags for the FLAC, MPC, MP2, AAC.
Part 1. Best Music Tag Editor: Edit Music Tag Easily
If you are searching for the best and free mp3 tag editor, you can consider using Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). Metadata is an important piece of information through which you can gain knowledge about other data. Metadata helps you to find a particular type of data easily. Wondershare Uniconverter is an ultimate video converter tool, which provides a wide array of other tools as well. This video editing software allows you to convert videos and audio metadata easily. For example, you can use this mp3 info editor tool to add director’s name, episode name, album’s name, actor, and many others. Not just this, you can crop, trim, add watermarks, and even apply effects as well through this one software.
Your Complete Video and Audio Toolbox
- Work as a music tag management tool to edit audio metada files.
- Burn audio files to CD easily on Windows/Mac.
- Convert video to over 1000 formats like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos by trimming, croping videos, adding subtitles and watermark etc.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Automatic Mp3 Tagging Free Software
Part 2. How to Use the Best Music Tag Editor
Wondershare Uniconverter is easy to use and is extremely user friendly. You can use this software to add metadata to any of your audio files. No matter when you would like to use Uniconverter, it is always there. By adding metadata, you will be able to identify its content easily and swiftly. If you would like to know about the process to use the best song tag editor, then read this blog because we are going to share step-by-step information for the same.Go through the step-by-step guide and learn how to edit metadata easily.
Watch Video Tutorial to Edit Music Tag on Windows, Similar Steps on Mac
Step 1 Operating Wondershare Metadata Editor
To begin with, visit the official site of Wondershare Uniconverter and download the music metadata editor. Install the software and run it either on your Mac or PC. Now, the main interface will have five options, click on Toolbox. Select Fix Media Metadata from the options provided.Look at the screenshot to understand better.
Step 2 Choosing the Audio or Video File
After clicking on Fix Media Metadata, a new pop-up window will appear. From there, you will have to select Choose File. After that, add the desired file to the software so that you can begin the editing process. Once you are done with choosing the audio file, proceed with step three.
Step 3 Editing Information
Once you are done with adding the file, it will become available to edit the information. Check the screenshot below. In this section, you can select the audio or the video file and add the necessary changes and edit it to add the information.
After every change is done, click on the Save option to save the changes. Once done, the details will be added and the information will be updated.
Part 3. Other 5 Music Tag Editor Software You Should Know
Just like Wondershare Uniconverter, there are other music tag editor software available in the market as well. We would like you to go through each of them and read about their features, as well as their pros and cons to decide, which music tag editor software will be the best for you. Let’s get to know about a few other music info editors, which you might be interested in. Here in this section, we are going to talk about five commonly used editing music metadata for windows.
Mp3tag is a robust and friendly metadata editing software for audio files. This software supports iTunes MP4, ID3v2.3, ID3v1, ID3v2.4APE Tags, VMA, and Vorbis Comments. Not just this, the software also allows online database lookups too. For instance, freedb, MusicBrainz, and Discoms. Mp3tag let you easily gather tags and also let you download cover art as well. Plus, you can rename the file as per the tag information, replace words, as well as, characters, create playlist, import or export tag information, and more. By using the same software, you can generate reports based on user-defined templates. Mp3tag is free to download, here are some of its pros and cons that you need to know.
- The design is simple and clean. It shows existing tags and also offers a delete function as well.
- You can customise the front panel and also create playlist.
- Online database looksups available as well.
- No editing and viewing synced support available for lyrics.
- Lyrics are restricted to six lines only and you can’t extend it.
The next popular music tag editor for windows 10 is TigoTago, which is a spreadsheet-based metadata editor tool for different media files. This easy-to-use tool can be used to modify and even edit tags easily. It allows you to add metadata for a huge number of files. If you have a lot of files to be tagged or you would like to rename them, then TigoTago is your perfect metadata editor partner. This tool lets you have full control over the file. You can decide what to do with it and finally save it on your computer.
Here are some of the pros and cons of TigoTago:
- Easily imports tag from the internet even for all the unnamed files.
- Simple interface and easy to use.
- The interface might come across as outdated for a lot of users.
- TigoTago is unfortunately not available for Windows older version users.
TagScanner is a reliable managing and organizing tool for all of your music collection. You can use it to edit all the audio formats, and it supports Vorbis comments, ID3v1/v2, WMA, APEv2, and also MP4 tags. Feel free to rename the files as per the tags, and if you would like to import tags for files name, then that can be done as well. Create a playlist within a click, and you can export the collection to HTML. It lets you quickly create a playlist, support for Unicode, Multilanguage interface, and more.
Free -See also:. Choose how to sort your documents, pick a theme, pick your font, and even control fine-grain details such as font size, line height and width, and paragraph spacing. Subscribe to Bear Pro for $1.49 per month in order to sync your documents between Bear for Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Business writing software for mac.
- Simple to use and easy to understand.
- It supports more than 30 language, which we think is really commendable.
- It is light to use, portable version, and very fast.
- Few people might need some extra time to get accustomed with the layout.
- It doesn’t support many audio formats though if you compare this software to others.
Metatogger is an easy-to-use tag editor tool for audio files. If you would like to use an extremely simple metadata editor tool, then you can consider trying Metatogger. Use this to rename the files with tags content, you can retrieve the file name, as well as paths, retrieve covers, as well as lyrics; you can also easily clean unwanted tags as well. Metatogger works efficiently with FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, WMA and M4A.
- MetatOGGerhas a very simple interface.
- It is easy to use and has an attractive user interface.
- Although MetatOGGercan edit the files faster, but it crashes in between.
- Some users have also complained about the outdated look of MetatOGGer.
The last on our list is MediaMonkey. This software can manage more than 100,000 music, as well as video files. You can use it to record CD and to download music videos, podcasts, as well as movies as well. You can automatically look up, and then tag album with the lyrics, art, and different type of metadata as well. You can manage video and audio genres, as per the music file. Classify them as audiobooks, classical, home movies, and podcasts. Not just this, other features include playing MP3 easily, creating a playlist, sync Android, iPod, iPhones, and iPads.
- MediaMonkey can easily organize music, as well as edit tags for every audio library.
- It can rip and burn CDs as well.
- MediaMonkey also has a simple to use interface as well.
- Only the basic version is free otherwise, the paid version could be a little expensive for other people.
- One of the biggest drawback of MediaMonkey is that it doesn’t seem to be supported by Apple Mac OS X, as well as Linux.
There is a range of music tag editor software available online, take a look at all the features and then decide on the best music tag editor that will be suitable for you. But, do consider using Wondershare Uniconverter when you need a music tag editor for Windows 10. You will find it extremely easy to use.
“Hi all, just switched to Mac and need a ID3 tag editor to edit MP3 tags on my Mac. On Windows I used the MP3tag which is absolutely great. But I can’t find it on Mac platform. So is there any decent Mac MP3 tag editor recommendation?”
Can’t find a Mac version of MP3tag? Even though MP3 tag is widely considered as the best yet free ID3 tag editor to add ID3 tags to MP3s on Windows platform, it still comes with no Mac version. That’s really a regret for those needing to fix MP3 tags on Mac OS X. And the post will show you how to edit ID3 tags on mac automatically with ID3 taggers.
Part 1: What Is An ID3 Tag
Before we delve into the details of how to edit ID3 tags, we will first have an overview of what they are. An ID3 tag is a type of metadata container used to store information about an MP3 file within the audio file itself. An ID3 tag allows the creator of a file to embed relevant information like the name of the artist, track title, album, track number and genre in the file, allowing that information to travel with the file. This capacity is especially useful for media files, like podcast s, that have been syndicated, downloaded or exchanged over the Internet independently from the Web pages that they were originally hosted upon.
The newer versions of the ID3 standard include support for chapters and enhanced podcasts with embedded hyperlinks and images. Content producers may use ID3 tag editors to add and edit metadata for their media files. Media players like iTunes on Windows and on macOS (now known as Apple Music) also support editing of more advanced parameters, such as album art. Other media players like VLC, Audacity, Windows Media player, etc. can also do the trick. ID3 tags may be edited in a variety of ways. On some platforms, the file’s properties may be edited by viewing extended information in the file manager. Additionally, some of the audio players allow editing single or multiple files. Editing multiple files is commonly referred to as “batch tagging”. There are also dedicated applications that focus on doing this task, as well as other related tasks. Kid3 Tag Editor is an example of such software, which offers advanced features such as batch tagging, or editing based on regular expressions. The image below illustrates an example of ID3 tag editing on the macOS version of Apple Music (formerly iTunes).
Part 2: How to Edit ID3 Tags on Mac
As the best-used MP3 tag editor for Mac users, it assists you to edit ID3 tags on Mac in batch, automatically and efficiently. It’s smart enough to detect your songs with incomplete tags, find missing ID3 tags like artwork, album, artist, year, genre, etc. for your songs, then apply all tags to your songs automatically. Batch fix is allowed. Besides, you can personalize your song tags with the program’s editing function. Can’t wait to take a try? Follow the tutorial below to master how to edit MP3 tags with this intelligent MP3 tagging software.
Leawo Tunes Cleaner for Mac
☉ Automatically download and add music tags like artist, title, cover, album, etc.
☉ One click duplicate removal to remove duplicate songs in music library;
☉ Manually add and complete music tags like artist, album, cover, genre, etc.
Scan Music Library
Once install and launch the MP3tag for Mac, you can see the program interface as below. Songs in your iTunes library can be scanned after clicking “Start to clean iTunes” button. You can even click “Open music files” to scan music folders on your Mac.
Fix Tags Automatically
After scanning, this auto MP3 tagger would list all your songs with incomplete tags in specific categories like “Songs without Album Artwork”, “Songs without artist”, “Songs without album”, etc.Now you could click “Fix All” button to fix all music files displayed, or select the music files you want for fixing. The software will find the proper tags from online data base and add them to your songs, so as to make your music library perfect.
Edit MP3 Tags Manually
If there are “Unrecognized Songs” after auto-fixing, you could click the edit icon in each song frame to invoke the internal music tag editor. You could add music tags like Name, Artist, Album, Year, Genre, etc. by hand, then click “Save” button to save the manual editing. After all, click “Apply” button. The whole MP3 tags editing finished!
After you finish the above steps, you will get MP3 tags in iTUnes or other music files on your Mac computers. And if you are Windows users, you can click here to know how to edit ID3 tags on Windows computers.
Part 3: How to Edit ID3 Tags on Mac via Kid3 Tag Editor
Kid3 is an easy-to-use application which is used in editing ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags for MP3 files without any effort. Though lots of MP3 players are able to edit tags, they cannot be used in an effective way as Kid3.
Kid3 aims at editing ID3 tags in files of albums in the most effective way instead of grabbing or encoding MP3 files. ID3v1 or ID3v2 tags which can be edited by other programs are able to be controlled by Kid3 with the conversion of both of them. Additionally, Kid3 can get access to all of ID3v2 tags. Kid3 can set the same value to the tags in different files, for example, artist or album or year or genre of files from an album with the same value can be set all-in-one. If the file name contains the tags information, the tags can be edited automatically according to the file name. The following instructions will guide you on how to edit ID3 tags on Mac via Kid3.
1. Supposed that a directory includes MP3 files, where the tracks are from the album named “Let’s Tag”, the album is related to the band called “One Hit Wonder”.
2. This directory is given the name in the format “artist-album”, in this case, the directory should be named “One Hit Wonder – Let’s Tag”.
3. This directory includes the tracks in the format “track title.mp3”, this is very convenient due to the short file names and the correct order sorted in alphabet. Apart from this, the information about the artist and the album has already existed in the name of directory, and you don’t need to repeat the file name anymore.
However, go back to our case, some untagged files are listed in the directory, we have to tag them with Kid3. You can refer to the steps below:
1. Choose one file from the directory by using the file menu or opening the toolbar.
2. All the files are displayed in the listbox of the files.
3. To generate tags to the files, the information from the directory can be used.
Choose the files and click on them, then click on the option “Tag 1 button in the files section”.
4. The value for the artist, the title name and the album will be set in all files.
5. To set the value of the year and genre for all files, select all files and type the specific “Year” in the date and choose “Pop” from the Genre box. These two values are set automatically.
6. All tags including the proper values can be seen after we select the first file to change the option. You also can choose the tags one by one from other files to verify.
7. Once the tags are consented by us, then we can save it by choosing the option in the file menu or the toolbar.
8. Choose the option “Create Playlist” from file menu and a file called “One Hit Wonder – Let’s Tag will be generated in the directory.
Part 4: How to Edit ID3 Tags on Mac using iTunes
To edit ID3 tags on Mac in iTunes, you can refer to the specific steps as below:
1. Launch iTunes on your Mac, then select the songs you would like to edit by single click on it. Also, multiple songs can be selected simultaneously for editing.
2. After selecting the songs for editing, choose the option “Get Info” from the File menu. Then choose the keyboard option “Command + I” on your Mac. Finally, hold down the option “Control” when you are clicking or have right-clicked on the selected songs.
3. The Get Info dialog will pop up and list all metadata of the songs for your editing.
Part 5: How to Edit ID3 Tags on Mac through VLC
VLC media player is able to edit ID3 tags in video or audio files. You can follow the tutorial below:
1. Turn on the audio or the video that you would like to edit ID3 tags via VLC.
2. Once you have turned on the target file, click “Tools” from menu bar and then choose Media information or press on “Ctrl + I” from the keyboard on Mac.
3. A dialog “Current Media Information” will pop up.
4. Choose General tab from the pop-up dialog, then the ID3 tags like title, artist, genre and album and more can be edited to your needs.
5. Once you have finished ID3 tags that you need, click on the button “Save Metadata” on the right corner bottom of the dialog.
Part 6: How to Edit ID3 Tags on Mac with Audacity
Audacity allows you to build a template for ID3 tags which are applied once MP3 files have been created. To build the template, you should run audacity and refer to the guides as below:
1. Select file and then get Metadata Editor opened. The dialog about editing ID3 tags will be turned on, then the option ID3v2 has already been chosen by default.
2. Then ID3 tags information can be filled in the different fields like title, artist, album, track number and year, etc.
3. In the drop-down menu of Genres, choose the option which is the most suitable for the podcast.
4. Finally, click on the button “Done”. When your MP3 files have been generated with Audacity, your tagged files will show you it has got ready to upload.
Part 7: Comparison of above products
Although the above-mentioned products will help you to edit ID3 tags which should help you in organizing your music library, not all of them are the same as they all have different capabilities. The table below will show you the differences between these software tools.
|Leawo Tunes Cleaner||Kid3 Tag Editor||iTunes||VLC||Audacity|
|Online database with information||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Scanning modes||Quick and Deep scanning||Quick scanning||No||No||No|
|Duplicate files cleaning||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Fixing of corrupted music files||Yes||No||No||No||No|
Leawo Tunes Cleaner is your best bet in fixing anything related to iTunes or Apple Music applications on your Windows or Mac computer. We highly recommend you to try Leawo Tunes Cleaner today.