Nov 15, 2019 Disk Management is an extension of the Microsoft Management Console that allows full management of the disk-based hardware recognized by Windows. Disk Management is used to manage the drives installed in a computer—like hard disk drives (internal and external ), optical disk drives. Mar 21, 2019 When you search online for disk defrag software, you’ll see a million returns for defragging a Windows machine and few, if any, for a Mac. You may be curious why this is, but the answer is fairly simple: the file system within a Mac hard disk drive (HDD) is designed differently from one on a Windows computer.
Jan 26,2019 • Filed to: PDF Tips
Document management software allows for the monitoring, management, and storage documents, being a necessity for businesses that have made the transition from paper to electronic documents. It is a tool that helps streamline business operations, and ensuring that information gets to the right people at the right time. The main problem is that not all DMSs are supported by Mac. If you are looking to shop for Mac Document Management Software that allows you to handle digital files, you will want to check out the following document management software for Mac, including PDFelement Pro.
The 10 Best Mac Document Management Software
1. PDFelement Pro
PDFelement Pro is one of the most competitive PDF editors for Mac and Windows, allowing you to edit, convert, create, sign, protect PDF files and update electronic files without any trouble. This Mac document management software supports various formats, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, HTML, ePub etc.
Key Features of This Mac Document Management Software:
- Edit PDF texts, images, links and other elements
- Markup and sign documents
- Convert and create PDF files
- Treat PDF like Word files
- Merge multiple documents into a single PDF file
It is important to stress that PDFelement Pro is an easy to use tool, being designed with the Mac user in mind.
It is so easy t use, and I especially love that I can have it permanently on my top bar to quickly take screen shots/recordings (couldn’t do that with Snag-It!). It deserves the high rating it is getting! This was a feature of Snag-It I used often. The only updates I would love to see is Smart art added so I can add arrows or text bubbles to my screen shots, and if all my screen shots that I have taken would show up on a smaller window/bar below the main one so if I wanted to copy and past something from one screen shot and add it to th one I am editing, I can do it quickly. I love I can still edit right after the screen shot and saving is a breeze.
Dropbox makes it easy for you to store and find electronic documents in one repository. The cloud-saving service can be used equally on Mac. Dropbox works by creating a folder on your computer that is synchronized with their servers. You can bring documents, photos, and videos. Instead of being stored on the Mac device, the documents are duplicated to the cloud. Dropbox includes the following features:
- Efficient syncing to all devices
- Offline access
- File sharing
- Backup and file recovery
Installing Dropbox simplifies document management. What makes the file hosting service stand out is that it only allows authorized people to edit documents that are available in the system. Plus, users are notified of changes made.
3. G Suite
G Suite is yet another cloud-based service for Mac that allows you to store and track electronic documents. With G Suite, you can also:
- Create documents, spreadsheets, forms, presentations, sites, and more
- Gain access to Google Drive and Google Cloud Search
- Connect to Gmail, Calendar, Google+, and Hangouts
Those who are sharing small numbers of documents with their colleagues will find the free version to be enough. For more complex capabilities, it is necessary to get a subscription-based version. Make sure to install the application on your Mac. To have mail messages and calendars synchronized, add your Google account to the Mac account.
4. Google Drive
Google Drive is a document management system that can be used successfully on Mac. The file storage system developed by Google permits writing and editing of documents by numerous people and supports common file formats like PDF and Docx. What you need to keep in mind is that with Google Drive, you can:
- Create, share, and collaborate
- Sync and retrieve files
- Integrate apps
- Convert PDF to text
- Use research tools
To install Google Drive on Mac, you have to set up a Google account and download that Mac app that lets you use the cloud-based service. Creating Google Drive is not so complicated.
KnowledgeOwl is document management software for Mac that does not require a special learning curve. Simply put, is easy to use, providing a good experience. The online platform is useful for departments like customer service and human resources. These features make KnowledgeOwl truly worthwhile:
- File upload
- Create content like in Word processor
- User permissions
6. Microsoft Office 365
Microsoft Office 365 is nothing like the traditional Office pack in the sense that you do not have to pay a high up-front price. What you do is select the subscription that you want and install it on different Mac computers. When Microsoft launches the new version of Office, you get it as part of your subscription. Microsoft Office 365 offers exclusive features, like:
- Access Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive
- Administrator control
- Insert links to stored files
- Edit and convert PDF
- Work offline and upload changes at a later time
The best way to get Office for Mac is Microsoft Office 365. This time Microsoft has come out with the best software.
7. M-Files DMS
M-Files DMS is, as the name clearly suggests, a document management system. This DMS lets you access your files from the any Internet-enabled iOS device, including Mac computers. It is simple to install and it brings about many benefits for businesses, including workflow improvement, information reuse enhancement, and avoiding data loss. M-Files DMS’s core capabilities are:
Disk Management Software Freeware
- Support for scanned files and email
- Version management
- PDF conversion
- Document check-in/check-out
- Multiple Documents Format
The fact is that M-Files DMS is an application that is easy to implement and works well with all kinds of business applications. Attention needs to be paid to the fact that this solution operates through Windows Explorer.
PinPoint has an attractive user interface, so you can easily use the document management system daily. The software program was developed by LSSP Corporation, a leading provider of content management tools. This web-based solution is easy to install, maintain and update. Besides the fact that you can quickly get the latest version of the DMS, you can:
- Share and export files
- Stock unlimited files and folders
- Edit and comment documents without altering the native format
- Save all versions of a revised file
If you like to work on your Mac computer outside or if you have many monitors, opt for PinPoint.
9. Ademero Content Central
When it comes to document management software for Mac, the name Ademero Content Central naturally comes up. Ademero is a system that allows you to organize and store documents in a fashionable manner. Are you curious to find out what else it can do? Ademero features include:
- Document collaboration
- Search and retrieval
- Convert paper files to MS Word and Excel documents
eFileCabinet is a Mac document management system that is suitable for business organizations that outsource their work. The DMS has surprising utility, empowering users to:
- Retrieve documents
- Upload files rapidly
- Backup documents
- Use management tools
Almost all of the new laptops and PCs come with a 1 TB or 2 TB disk. If the Windows suddenly becomes slow or C drive gets full, managing your hard-drive partitions effectively is an important aspect, as that allows people to increase C drive space, and make full use of their disks.
Most modern operating systems contain built-in tools for creating, deleting, or resizing partitions. But many users find that third-party Windows 10 partition manager makes these types of tasks easier. They enable you to create, delete, shrink, expand, format or merge partitions on your HDD, SSD or other storage devices.
Which Windows 10/8/7 Disk Management Tool Is Right for Me
There are numerous partitioning managers that one can obtain from the market nowadays. However, not all of the options one can find in the market are suitable for a person or is easier to use. Here are the top picks you should consider if you want to get your hands on quality partitioning manager software:
These eight free Windows 10 partition managers can satisfy your basic needs: creating, deleting, or resizing partitions. Except for the basic needs, we have analyzed the tools from the versatility, data security and ease of use to help you find the best free Windows 10 disk management tool.
Top 1. EaseUS Free Partition Manager Windows 10
EaseUS Partition Master is the most feature-rich free partition manager for Windows 10/8.1/8/7. It has served 10+ million customers for 10+ years. It promises that you can manage partition without any data loss.
- This free tool is pretty simple thanks to their easy-to-use slider that lets you drag left and right to shrink or expand a partition.
- In addition to basic partition management, wiping partition, checking partition, recovering lost partitions and SSD 4K alignment are all supported.
- It has a commercial version that enables you to manage dynamic disk. 80% of the features are free that can fully meet your needs.
If you are looking for a versatile and secure free Windows disk management tool, EaseUS Partition Master must be your best choice.
- Very easy to use
- Includes lots of useful operations (4K Alignment, Clone, Format)
- You can preview changes before applying them
- Additional features are included only in the Pro version (Convert between GPT and MBR, and convert between dynamic disks and basic disks)
- Extending the system volume requires a reboot
Price: Free. ($39.95 for the pro version)
Download Size: 33.2MB
Learn the details to manage your partitions in Windows 10/8/7
Step 1: Install and launch EaseUS Partition Master
Step 2: Partition Hard Drive
1. Right-click on a partition that you want to shrink and select 'Resize/Move'.
2. Drag the end of the partition rightward or leftward or adjust the space by clicking the 'Partition size' column. Click 'OK' to continue.
1. To extend partition, you need to leave unallocated space next to the target partition. If not, shrink a partition as mentioned above to leave enough unallocated space behind the target partition first.
2. Then right-click on the target partition and select 'Resize/Move'.
3. Drag the target partition handle into the unallocated space to extend partition. Click 'OK' to continue.
1. On the main window, right-click on the unallocated space on your hard drive or external storage device and select 'Create'.
2. Set the partition size, partition label, drive letter, file system, etc. for the new partition and click 'OK' to continue.
1. On the main window, right-click on the hard drive partition which you want to delete and select 'Delete'.
2. Click 'OK' to confirm.
Change partition drive letter:
1. Right-click the partition, and choose 'Change Drive Letter'.
2. Click the down arrow, choose a drive letter for the partition, then click 'OK'.
Step 3: Execute operations
Click the 'Execute Operation' button at the top corner and keep all changes by clicking 'Apply'.
Top 2. Macrorit Disk Partition Expert
Macrorit Disk Partition's unsoiled user interface makes it one of the best disk management software. It is a powerful free partition program that allows you to extend, create and format a partition, fix low disk space problem, manage disk space easily on MBR and GPT (GUID partition table) disk.
- 65% of the features are free (OS migrating and partition management).
- It also has a commercial version, still cannot support dynamic disk.
- It offers a portable version, so you can actually use it without having to install it on your PC.
If you are looking for a portable version of Windows 10 management tool, Macrorit Disk Partition must take into account.
- Very easy to use
- It supports up to 16 TB of the hard disk.
- Doesn't support dynamic disks
Price: Free. ($39.99 for the pro version)
Download Size: 23.6MB
Top 3. Paragon Partition Manager
Paragon Partition Manager free is another great little utility that supports Windows 10. It is packed with tools that make managing partitions a breeze.
50% of the features are free (Basic partitioning, backup and restore).
It has served millions of people for 25 years with a good reputation.
If you are looking for an old-brand software, Paragon Partition Manager free is your best choice.
- Easy to use
- Convert NTFS file systems into HFS+ drives without reformatting the disk
- Lots of features are disabled in this free edition (Like disk cleanup, data migration)
- Require you to register to get a serial number
Price: Free. ($49.95 for the pro version)
Download Size: 41.59 MB
Top 4. Free Disk Management Tool - Gparted
Another partition Manager that can be counted on is Gparted. It is a disk management software that not only supports Windows but also supports Mac. This software is considered as GNOME (desktop environment composed of free and open-source software that runs on Linux and most BSD derivatives) editor. Easy personal bill pay software for mac 2019.
This software is totally free, but it's the best choice for advanced users.
- Doesn't require an operating system
- Never requires a reboot to commit changes
- It takes longer to start up because you have to boot to the software from a USB.
- Doesn't support dynamic disks or other features (Migrating OS, Converting between MBR and GPT)
- Really old interface
Download size: Around 300MB
Top 5. Cute Partition Manager
Just like GParted, Cute Partition Manager also needs a bootable device to use it. It enables you to change the file system of a disk, create, manage and delete partitions of the disk. But you need to use a keyboard during the whole operation as it is a text-based application.
Advanced users are suggested. It is not that easy to use, because this software's interface is pretty old and not that secure. But the size of the file is small compared with Gparted.
- Doesn't require an operating system
- The download size is really small
- No graphical user interface (can only use a mouse)
- Must enter the exact size of the partition you want to make (not so user-friendly)
- No advanced features (e.g. copying/moving data between drives)
Download Size: 232KB
Also read:Top 10 SD Card Recovery Software in 2020
Top 6. Windows 10 Disk Management - Active Partition Disk
Active Partition Manager is a free application that enables you to manage storage devices and the logical drives or partitions. This free disk partitioning tool for Windows supports all the partition management features. You can create, delete, format, and name partitions on your computer without shutting down the system.
- It's easy to use and understand
- Supports common partitioning functions
- You can restore some changes via backups.
- Unable to copy or clone partitions
- Extending the system partition might not work for you.
Price: Free (No limitations)
Best Disk Recovery Software
Download Size: 19.46MB
Top 7. Acronis Disk Director for Windows 10 Disk Management
Equipped with the basic partitioning tools, Acronis Disk Director is a suitable partitioning wizard for those who are just beginning to step into the tech world. It offers a range of features as disk cloning, volume recovery, and partition management. It stores different file systems or operating systems on one disk by creating and managing disk partitions.
- Intuitive user interface
- Allows cloning your HDD to a replacement drive
- Offers support for native 4K disks
- Only allows 30-day free trial ($49.99 for the pro version)
Price: 30-day Free Trial (No limitations)
Download Size: 150MB
Top 8. Windows Disk Management
In fact, Windows 10/8/7 comes with a built-in disk management program called Disk Management. It can help you manage hard disk partitions without rebooting the system and any interruption. The features of Windows 10 Disk Management are as follows:
- Initialize an HDD or SSD
- Change drive letter and paths.
- Mark partition as active.
- Convert basic disk to dynamic disk
- Convert empty MBR to GPT disk, and vice versa
- Extend a volume, shrink, delete or create a partition
You can access Disk Management in these ways:
1. Access Disk Management via Run
Use Windows+R to open Run, type diskmgmt.msc in the empty box, and tap 'OK'.
2. Open Disk Management in Computer Management
Right-click the Start and choose 'Disk Management' on the left.
3. Open it via a direct search
Type disk manage in the search box on the taskbar and choose 'Create and format hard disk partitions' in the result.
Windows 10 Disk Management VS EaseUS Partition Master
You have learned about EaseUS free partition software and Windows 10 Disk Management. Take a look at the differences between the EaseUS Partition Master and Windows 10 Disk Management Tool.
|Features||Windows 10 Disk Management||EaseUS Partition Master|
|Migrate OS to SSD/HDD||✘||✔|
|Convert dynamic disk to basic disk||✘||✔|
|Recover lost partition||✘||✔|
|Change drive letter||✔||✔|
The partition managers introduced on this page are the top eight Windows 10 disk management tools that allow you to organize your hard drive and optimize disk partitions in an effective and efficient way. Among them, the first one - EaseUS Partition Master is highly recommended. To use this disk management tool, don't worry if you aren't experienced.
This tool has a very user-friendly interface and ultimate partition management features. It enables you to enhance your hard drive performance to fix problems like disk running out of space, partition inaccessible, converting disk style/file system, migrating OS to HDD/SSD, or modifying disk partition size, etc. Don't hesitate anymore, download and use the EaseUS Windows 10 partition manager NOW!