by Christine Smith • 2020-07-14 18:22:49 • Proven solutions
You must have noticed that most CD burning software have shortcomings when it comes to how much they can do. Getting the best free CD burning software facilitates your needs to burn audio, image, and video files to CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray Discs. Burning media files to discs create a way for you to use it while securely storing them. It is a fantastic backup plan for days when your computer suddenly crashes, or your mobile phone/ external hard drive gets damaged. If you are trying to find a simple CD burning program, you are in the right place. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best free CD burning software based on your burning and media file editing needs.
Part 1. Which Software is the Best and Free for CD Burning in Windows
Download the Express Burn if you want a CD burning software that is a fast, easy and user-friendly disc burner for Windows/Mac. Its features include audio CD burning and recording, Blu-ray burning video and DVD authoring, data DVD/CD/Blu-ray writing and so on. Express Burn makes use of ultra-fast burning speed, which is time-saving.
How to copy a CD to another CD using CDBurnerXP. CDBurnerXP website. Tip: If you want to copy an audio CD, then use a blank CD-R and not CD-RW, because not all CD players and car stereos can play rewritable CDs properly – even when burned in the correct audio format. Insert the CD you want to copy into the CD burner drive of your PC. Open CDBurnerXP. From CD ripping to improving your ability to critically listen, this list has something for everyone. Enjoy, and let us know if you have any other suggestions by posting in the comments below. Exact Audio Copy. Download Here. Exact Audio Copy, or EAC as the cool kids say, is the Swiss Army Knife of CD ripping, copying, and burning. Audio cd burning software, free download - Express Burn Free CD and DVD Burner for Mac, Virtual CD RW, Audion (Classic), and many more programs.
If you are a Windows user, here is a list of the best free CD burning software for Windows:
Don’t let the name trick you. CDBurnerXP works seamlessly on all versions of Windows. It is one of the best free CD burning software for Windows thanks to its simplicity, set of features, and lightweight footprint.
- It supports burning to several types of discs, e.g., DVD, CD, Blu-ray, and HD DVD.
- It accommodates the burning of various kinds of file formats, including MP3, AAC, OGG, WAV, FLAC, ALAC, etc.
- It can add tracks to your compilation from CD without having to rip audio media files first.
- It has an intuitive user interface with multiple language support.
- It allows you to burn and create ISO files to CD.
- It can support rewritable discs.
2. BurnAware Free
Its fancy and simplified interface is the first thing that catches your eye. BurnAware is an excellent freeCD burning software with a lot of features for an enhanced data editing experience. Furthermore, it is easy on resources and accommodates the most popular file formats. It has an incredible burning speed as it burns data directly onto the disc without hard disk staging.
- It supports burning to CD, DVD, and Blu-ray Discs.
- It can handle a wide range of audio file formats.
- It supports high DPI monitors and low CPU usage.
- It accommodates disk-image burning to DVDs and CDs for ISO file formats.
- It enables the creation of video DVDs that you can play on regular DVD players or games console.
3. DeepBurner Free
DeepBurner Free is one of the longest-serving best free CD burning software. You can take it with you everywhere you go, stored on a USB flash drive. It has an interface that is user-friendly, especially for beginners. Plus, you can use it to print CD labels and booklets. However, DeepBurner Free doesn’t support burning on Blu-ray Disc and lacks a backup utility. It has limited features compared to its paid version, which is perfect for professional users.
- It creates and burns ISO images.
- It provides support for bootable CD/DVD.
- Allows for copying any disc and burning data CDs and DVDs.
- It is suitable for Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
- It can create multiple disk copies.
- It can handle internal and external CD/DVD writers.
InfraRecorder provides you a simple and straightforward user interface and is open source. It is one of the best freeCD burning software for Windows versions except Windows 10. Additionally, it has most of the features you would require a CD/DVD site to have and more.
- It allows recording audio and data files in WAV, WMA, OGG, MP3 ISO files to CDs, and DVDs.
- It supports multi-session recording and burning.
- It is very easy on resources.
- It supports BIN and CUE images.
- It has rewritable disc support.
5. Ashampoo Burning Studio Free
Ashampoo Burning Studio Free edition stands out from all the above because of its disc ripping capabilities. However, to use it, you need registration through the program’s website. It makes one of the best free CD burning software for Windows 10, nonetheless. You can use it to protect discs using a password and erase rewritable CDs for reusing purposes.
- It can burn and rip discs.
- It is suitable for backing up and retrieving data.
- It can create ISO and BIN images.
- It supports a multi-disc file back up.
- It can restore an integrated Audio CD ripper, which produces high-quality WAV or WMA files.
- It allows for verification without having to eject the disc in supported drives.
- It has a neat and fair-to-the-eye interface.
6. Free Audio CD Burner
If you are looking for thebest free CD burning software for Windows 10, Free Audio CD Burner could be it. It is ideal for creating audio CDs seamlessly. As much as it only allows writing of CDs, you can use it to decode WMA and MP3 files in real-time hence saving you time and space on your hard drive.
- It can be used to burn CD-RW and CD-R.
- It allows for erasing information on rewritable discs.
- It works smoothly with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP SP3.
- It supports a variety of audio file formats.
- You can adjust it so that it writes track by track and end up un-finalized or burn a whole disc at once and finalize it.
Part 2. Which Software is the Best and Free for CD Burning in Mac
Here is the list of the six best free CD burning software for Mac:
What makes it the best free CD burning software for Mac is its super fast speed and compatibility with pretty much all versions of Mac OS X. Despite its size, it is a mighty application and is designed to take off all your disc burning needs.
- You can use it to create audio CDs.
- It is perfect for creating simple video CDs and DVDs with interactive menus.
- You can customize DVD menu themes.
- It doesn’t take up much space on your Mac and has a simple user interface.
- It works seamlessly with versions of Mac OS X up to 10.3.9.
- It has a copying feature for easy copying of discs.
- You can select between multiple file system formats for a file-based disc.
It is undoubtedly one of Apple’s most exciting and practical apps. You can use it to collect and catalog a lot of songs, TV shows, podcasts, and movies. It has a fantastic user interface that is easy to navigate. This beautiful application is capable of burning music CDs real fast and freely making it one of the bestfree CD burning software for Mac.
You will be asked for your information and then sent a download link via email.The Windows version of MindManager is released on a perpetual license and comes with all the core features MindManager is known for like interactive concept maps, Gantt charts, and Venn diagrams, all in 8 different languages. All you need to do is head over to the MindManager website, select your desired product and click “Download Trial”. Mind mapping software mac free. Both of these streams receive frequent updates so users always get access to the latest features. However, when a significant enough upgrade is released, anyone with an older version of MindManager has to pay to get access to it.If you want to download MindManager to see if its right for you without splashing out, you can start a 30-day free trial instead.
- It lets you burn media files such as television shows, iTunes radio, movies, and music to DVDs.
- It has a neat and attractive interface.
- The burning process is short and straightforward.
- It has fast burning speeds.
- It is updated frequently; hence it has the latest burning features.
Finder is a default file manager on all Mac operating systems and hence, makes an excellent free CD burning software for Mac. It can help you find all files and folders on your computer and enable you to browse your applications, disks, files, and folders in several different manners. You can use it only to burn data DVD discs. It has minimal features for burning and editing media files to CD/DVD. Finder is not necessarily your first choice when looking for the best free CD burning software for Mac.
- Saves your storage space since you don’t need a third-party app.
- It allows you to drag and drop files while creating the burn list.
- It is super easy to navigate.
4. Simply Burns
An interesting name for a CD burning software, right? Well, Simply Burns is open-source burning software that has an easy to get interface. It is one of the best free CDburning software for Mac since it allows you to burn data files to CD and DVD with no interruption. It lets you burn videos and images into appropriate discs with good quality. It has a variety of modes to assist you with your burning and editing tasks.
- It is easy to the eye, simple and straightforward.
- It has audio and data project functions.
- It has burn image mode and disc ripping mode for burning and ripping, respectively.
- It allows for duplication of files.
It is among the best free CD burning software for Mac. Popularly described as a bare-bones CD/DVD burning application, it is not complex but equipped to burn a large range of media files. It is unique as it burns custom hybrid discs or CUE/BIN files. It is a simple, fast, and user-friendly burner that pretty much anyone should be able to utilize.
Audio Cd Copy Software Mac Free
- It allows you to add a custom icon to the disc and burn files.
- It supports a variety of media and data files.
- It has a multi-session feature.
- It provides you with CD burning, DVD burning, and photo options.
- It lets you burn ISO files.
- It is available in multiple languages.
6. Express Burn
Express Burn is a reliable and one of the best free CD burning software for Mac users that enables you to burn CD/DVD easily and swiftly. It has a simple and intuitive interface, with just one glance, you are can figure out how to navigate it.
- It supports DVD, Blu-ray Discs, and HD-DVD.
- It can burn ISO images.
- It has a user manual in case you need help operating the program.
- It has a fantastic graphical user interface.
- It has incredibly fast task completion speeds.
Part 3. Best Alternative to Free CD Burning for Windows/Mac
Apart from all the above free CD burning software, there is Wondershare UniConverter that you need to download and install it on your Windows or Mac computer first. It is the best CD burning software as it maintains the quality of the media file after the burning process is complete. It supports more than 1,000 file formats and allows you to download media from more than 10,000 sites. Wondershare UniConverter has an interestingly simple user interface that is friendly to beginners.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
Your Complete Audio and Video Toolbox
- Convert video to over 1000 formats like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Burn Audio files to CD easily on Windows/Mac.
- Work as a metadata management tool to edit video metadata files.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos by trimming, cropping videos, add subtitles and watermark, etc.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes GIF maker, VR converter, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
To burn to CD, follow the steps below:
Step 1 Launching Wondershare UniConverter and Reach CD Burner
Given that you downloaded and installed Wondershare UniConverter on your machine, launch it and tap on the Toolbox tab from the main window. Then select the CD Burner.
Step 2 Add Audio Files to the CD Burner
In the new popup, click on + icon on the window to open a browser to choose the data on your computer. You can add a single or more file.
Step 3 Preview Files and Select Burner
The attached files will show their Name, Length, Size, and Output Size. To add or delete them, use the icons on the left-top corner appropriately. When satisfied with the burn list, insert a blank CD to your computer and select the Burner from the top-right corner.
Step 4 Begin the Burning Process
In the last step, click on Burn to commence the burning. You can check the remaining storage space on your disc from the bottom bar on the screen.
Depending on your burning needs, be keen while selecting the best free CD burningsoftware from the 12+1 options in this article. Keep the storage capacity of your device, the purpose for which you are burning to CD, the type of your operating system, the input and output media formats in mind while finding a simple burning program. For professional output and extra details on a burned CD, you will have to get Wondershare UniConverter to get the job well done.